[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yall, the italian Lupin finale is due in ten minutes! See yo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 10

File: 1436759297310.jpg (100KB, 1484x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1436759297310.jpg
100KB, 1484x1080px
Yall, the italian Lupin finale is due in ten minutes! See you at the usual ustream, http://www.ustream.tv/channel/KZ7NXGU9yaD
>>
>>134138279
>Fantastic 4
>>
Almost 3 months ago it started.
And now it ends. Too early.
>>
Also, kindly fill in this strawpoll, so i know what to stream after the episodes, thank you
http://strawpoll.me/6137043
>>
The Thing's costume is so awful in this movie, it's so much better in the 1994 one.
>>
>>134138667
1994 best FF movie, indeed.
>>
>>134138502
I can't stay after sadly. Is the documentary on Italia1, or is it something else?
If I'd want to watch it where could I find it?
>>
>>134138778
It is on Italia 1. Don't know, I'll record it for one, but i don't plan on uploading it.
>>
5 minutes and we go.
>>
>>134138802
I'll record it myself, no problem. Thanks for the info.
>>
Haha holy fuck, my fucking decoder decided it'd be a good idea to recognize my USB key at the last fucking second. I won't be recording I1 HD this time around, too fucking risky with this unstable-ass decoder.

OPENING IS ON!
>>
I wonder how ridiculous we look to foreigners who don't understand what the ads say
>>
People don't want to watch Da Vinci and want the Soccer World Cup instead.
Typical Italy 10/10 well done TMS
>>
Da Vinci wants proof everyone is better at him at his specialty. Rebecca has no specialty, lmao.
>>
>>134139260
Exactly, I laughed so hard.
>>
>>134139079
I'm recording on my hdd, but it's no HD
If you need it I can try to put it on dvd, rip it, and upload it somewhere
>>
Well, let's hope these final episodes are good enough.
>>
>>134139516
Don't worry about it, it looks as though it'll be fine. It will even be easier to seed. I only recorded the HD stream because i think the HD Mux is slightly better, but let's face it, it was not worth the data.
>>
>>134139079
Are you the usual uploader on nyaa.se?
>>
File: 1439769329352.jpg (77KB, 534x420px) Image search: [Google]
1439769329352.jpg
77KB, 534x420px
>>134139084
>mfw can only understand 30% of what's being said because Spanish mother tongue
>>
>>134139361
Rebecca is good at so many things she doesn't know what to pick.
>>
>>134139573
Yes, it's me.
>>
Jigen "this pistol is quite old, but i'll make do"
>said by the guy who prefers 1800s revolvers
>>
Damn it, I'm late again.
>>
>>134139701
Don't worry anon, you only missed a quarter. The TL;DR other than what's written in the thread is ol Da Vinci has made anyone catatonic. To survive his perfect world without turning into him, they must beat them at something they're good at.
>>
>Rebecca lost
confirmed for pleb
>>
Apparently the device that makes people born again is a cross between a telescope and a church organ, lol.
And hey, first episode callback! According to Lupin this is his most dear memory!
>>
>>134138971
Can you upload it then?
>>
>>134139931
Ignore this, I will watch it myself on TV.
>>
One down, last one to go. The mission is retrieving Rebecca's lost personality.
Oh shit, no ad break!
>>
>>134139621
Did you record the 19th episode?
>>
>>134140034
No, i was unfortunately very away from home. But i did sub it from TNTvillage's release. You can find it RAW on Nyaa if you search for "Lupin DTTrip"
>>
Rebecca lost.
I'm kinda disappointed.
Such a good character reduced to damsel in distress.
Sad.
>>
>>134140090
Yeah, me too. I was half expecting Fujiko to be the damsel. Or maybe Goemon, lol.
>>
>>134140090
>Such a good character
She's the Oscar of this series
>>
The Mona Lisa is voiced by Perla Liberatori. Why?
Lupin is in yet another Italian Dream, this time a painting rather than a book.
>>
File: duck amuck sound please.jpg (50KB, 640x487px) Image search: [Google]
duck amuck sound please.jpg
50KB, 640x487px
Jesus, that was Duck Amuck but with Lupin.
>>
Da Vinci is such a prick.
Apparently Rebecca's forte is she has a strong personality. She's she only one able to rebel against Da Vinci's plot, even if partly. Lupin is making her recall everything. Nice OST here, good job Papik.
>>
Rebecca doesn't deserve the D.
>>
I find it so funny this is the italian series, yet we keep coming back to San Marino, lel. I get it, world's oldest surviving republic, Libertas and all that, but still!
>>
>>134140079
Well, thanks for all the releases, and all.
>>
So this is the last episode?
>>
>>134140478
Yes
>>
>>134140424
I still want to know which episodes were set in San Marino and which in Italy (or both).
>>
Dat ad break. Fuck Diesel.
>>134140478
Yes.
>>
Seriously? Commercials RIGHT THEN?
>>
>>134140518
Typical Mediaset.
>>
>>134140506
I'd say, it wasn't a bad series. But I don't feel it is a good one either.
Sometimes it feels like a huge movie divided in smallest episodes. Older series were better because they used to deliver different things in each new episode.
Returning characters like Rebecca are meh as fuck.
But whatever, I prefer this than the yearly OAV.
>>
>>134140515
Can't recall off the top of my head. The Italian Dream episodes, episode 1 surely were. But every vital plot point is either in some Mi6 headquarter or San Marino.
>>134140561
Funny thing is is the video does have fade out\fade ins when the episodes are SUPPOSED to have commercials (where in the japanese TV airing they'll have eyecatch), but not ONCE did mediaset use them.
>>
"The body they gave you is not capable to hold that kind of a genius, so you decided to multiply yourself"
"We have one thing in common, we both steal people's hearts"
"If only you wanted it, you could be so much more than a thief, Lupin"
>>
RIP blue jacket.
>>
>>134140178
She is the dub director, so she sticks her voice when possibile.
>>
"In every one of people's dreams, a strange detail was denoted. A man in a blue jacket"
Lupin makes himself scarce to both Rebecca and Pops. "I hope that wasn't a definitive goodbye".
I still think that OST is super ripped off of Nuovo Cinema Paradiso. Rebecca actually wants to marry Lupin, she still has the certificate. She wants him to steal it from her, if he dares. "Can I keep your surname?" "Nope, don't want to feature on gossip" "All i want you to know is Miss Lupin'll be waiting, I'll change for you by your side" "You're fantastic just the way you are". Welp, it's gone. Guess Lupin is not getting married.>>134140879
Yeah i know, i wish they sprung for more secondary voices.
>>
>Milano Centrale
>>
>Frecciarossa speeding by train stations
What do you think this is, Japan?
>>
"Goodbye italy, from the bottom of my heart! - Lupin III"

Mediaset ACTUALLY DOES NOT CUT THE CREDITS. COLOUR ME SURPRISED.
>>
MOE MOE
>>
So in the end no Trieste episode, huh? Too bad, I kept hoping.

Also them leaving with a frecciabianca from Milano's train station feels weird considering i have to move there for work soon.
>>
>>134141205
which cities did they do?
>>
>>134141205
And no Genoa episode. Albeit he briefly want there in the opening part of one of the never movies/specials IIRC.
>>
Most anticlimatic ending EVER.
Overall, 7.5/10 series, it had potential and looked good.
>>
>Planet O
Nice
>>
>>134138279
still no subs past episode 7.
>>
>>134141334
What? They're on nyaa. Episode 9 for japanese, 13 for italian.
>>
>cartone animato
Ugh
>>
>Monkey Punch will die in your lifetime
>>
>>134139671
The Model 19 was made in the 50s.
>>
File: lupin drinking.jpg (863KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lupin drinking.jpg
863KB, 1920x1080px
> TFW I can't find the version of the first chapter with the colored pages.
>>
>Being hairy is an italian thing
FUCK YOU
>>
File: no resisting.png (996KB, 658x945px) Image search: [Google]
no resisting.png
996KB, 658x945px
Reminder that Manga Goemon is best Goemon.
>>
SUDDENLY MAID CAFE
>>
THIS HAS FUCKING NOTHING TO DO WITH LUPIN
>>
>dress as cartoon characters

The omuraisu looked nice, though
>>
>Lupin merchamdise is cheap
Tell that to those fucking 60 bucks figmas
>>
>>134141293
Eh...better than Fujiko by a mile. Jigen's Gravestone still the best Lupin installment thus decade
>>
>the whole documentary is an excuse to promote merch
Fucking mediaset.
>>
I miss Del Giudice.
>>
>>134141822
They could have at least gone to one of the lewder ones.

>>134141956
There's a lot of nice and cheap Lupin figures as well.
>>
Those voice actors are quite old, but their voices are much younger. How can they do that?
>>
>>134142096
That's the market for ya. These guys are in the red until people buy more BDs and merchandise.

Although I imagine airing on European TV might help a little.
>>
>>134141956
>>134142144
Are you ready for the blue jacket Lupin Figuarts next year?
>>
>>134142283
Because we're good at this

Aight guys, who's up for subs?
>>
>>134142317
All fine and dandy. But ceramic tiles?
>>
>>134141367
I've only been watching the japanese ones. Is italian dub better?

Also I love it when lupin throws those curveball episodes like episode 9.
>>
File: 1445143721012.png (158KB, 540x311px) Image search: [Google]
1445143721012.png
158KB, 540x311px
>>134141634
Well it's true.
>>
>>134142397
It doesn't have to make sense, you just need to license it and sell it.

I'm genuinely surprised you find ceramic tiles so odd considering how bizarre and brazen other promotional stuff can be.
>>
>>134142541
Better, probably not, but i think it's still good. It's pretty literal, but not too stiff..
>>
>>134141205
They took the direct at 17
>>
>>134142365
Not really. I can't really afford Figuarts.

>>134142397
Just in case you ever wanted a Lupin III themed bathroom.
>>
>>134142140
I was assmad as hell when they used THAT clip for the documentary.
>>
>>134142696
>>134142588
And people will buy it, as you saw. That documentary was insane.
What's funny is Mediaset doesn't even do home video, yet they promote all sorts of merch.
>>
>>134142740
Del Giudice was great, but now I'm used to Onofri.
>>
>>134142886
I probably never will. He's a good Lupin, but he's not THE Lupin.
>>
>>134142932
I understand you. But Del Giudice died in 2007, so a change was necessary.
>>
>>134142844
To be honest, I'd buy something like that if I had the money. I don't have any shame so I'd gladly have some walls decorated with some Lupin III images. I would use different art though.
>>
>>134143163
I'd buy a fuckton of Lupin merch, but floor files? Meeeeh
>>
>>134138279
So are we ever getting a mystery of mamon remake that was alluded in the jigen daisuke gravestone movie

shit would be soo cash
>>
>>134143367
Monkey Punch did say Lupin was going to turn 50 next year, so maybe they plan something special?
>>
By the way, if you've got any complaints about the subs I'm currently streaming, please tell me here. I've seen some dumb mistakes in 15, and i've already fixed these. But I'm going to be AFK now, so i'm bound to miss some.
>>
File: Lupin tiles.jpg (546KB, 1240x827px) Image search: [Google]
Lupin tiles.jpg
546KB, 1240x827px
>>134143217
Like I said though, there are some people would like that kind of thing to decorate with.
>>
>>134143829
Those single wall tiles aren't actually too bad, i'll say. Though i'd probably eventeually get bored of them.
>>
>>134144007
That's why I'm not all that fond of pop art ceramics with repeating images to be honest.

Still, I can't really criticize too much. I can't even make a mug without fucking it up.
>>
>>134142140
>>134142740
>>134142886
>>134142932
>>134143072
>Onofri: "I must confess I did not really know the character before being assigned to him."

Boy, it shows. I think Del Giudice also dropped some of his act the moment Yamada passed away desu.
>>
>>134145029
Yeah. Aside from that (I was really getting used to Onofri too, but once he said that all the respect i slowly gained crumbled away) i think he sounds too generic. If you hear his Spider Man from the animated series, well it's the same style, to a tee.
>>
>>134145162
>i think he sounds too generic

Everyone sounds too generic. Probably because they know trying a little artistic license like Del Giudice did in his early days would have angered some kind of fans who are all "muh accuracy". Every single inflection could be foreseen by a mile, and worse, most of the times you can hear voice actors stretching their lines to make them fit. Only Goemon was kinda convincing for some reason, even if he's from the replacement bunch.

>If you hear his Spider Man from the animated series

I was an avid fan of every Spider Man series with Onofri in it and he's done quite a good job. But someone REALLY needs to kick some fucking Lupin into him if he's going to be dubbing the character until he gets old.
>>
>>134145712
This is true. This series was sometimes TOO accurate, resulting in some weird sounding lines. At least they didn't keep the completely stupid stuff like Coppa Italia for a san marino team or Belladonna as the name of Goemon's love interest. By this time, it's as if dubbers are in the fan's constant judging eye and blackmail. I remember some people (AnimeClick comments namely) being upset for one incredibly minor Goemon line from The Woman named Fujiko Mine, which changed NOTHING. C'mon, that's ridiculous.
>>
>>134145829
I do understand not wanting constant line changes and, in extreme cases, the dubbers inserting political commentary and pop culture references that were not in the original.

At the same time though, I think if they want more accuracy they should watch the Japanese subtitled version.
>>
>>134146151
Then there's also the argument that if we don't give our talented actors *any* creative freedom, we never would have had brilliant stuff like ZazĂ . Or in english, the whole of the hilarious dub that is Ghost Stories.
>>
>>134145829
I swear those people want Italian dubs only so they can brag about something and are probably better watching subs instead. At least this means we can have based Yuji Ohno's soundtrack when our DVDs come out.

>>134146151
>I do understand not wanting constant line changes and, in extreme cases, the dubbers inserting political commentary and pop culture references that were not in the original.

Has it ever happened? Since forever, I mean. Sounds like science fiction.
>>
>>134146394
In english dubs, lots of times. The aforementioned Ghost Stories, Samurai Pizza Cats, etc.
In Italian? Saint Seiya springs to mind. Not pop culture, but making the dialogue more "dignified" (aulico) is something people like Ivo De Palma freely admit to.
>>
>>134146507
There's also that 1985 to 1998 period in which Mediaset made every single hint of japanese culture disappear, cutting video of kanji, changing yen to lire, names, etc., but that's obvious.
>>
>>134146507
Yeah, I was talking about Italian dubs. Saint Seiya was not among the most accurate adaptations but it did have character and passion. Most of the "damage" they did was making generic shounen lines sound more complex anyway, and I love generic shounen lines (because in Japanese anything can sound different at any time, in Italy this is more difficult to reproduce).

Ivo De Palma made a mess with Sanctuary though by negating what made SS renowned in Italy, and the other two Hades series were loads better.
>>
>>134146725
I don't think was bad as most people makes it sound like and I saw more anime on Mediaset that I could ever count, and at least they bought the more crude stuff. Look at US Doraemon for instance, that's BAD bad.
>>
>>134147063
Yeah, I can respect them in a way, better than the US's moral censors (although stupid stuff like censoring THE GAY out of characters - see CCS - make me ticked every time), but it was clear they were never interested to toons and anime as an "art form", and not even as entertainment, but rather as profit from merch rights, and if that meant lowering the target audience, then so be that. But they're still censors.
>>
>>134146225
Ghost Stories is one of those things where the original is so bland that it'd be hard convincing anyone that it's better than the dub.

Mostly, what I'm not too fond of are changes that end up irrelevant anyway. Like how Pioneer's English dub of the second series attempted to mask the age of the series by replacing dated references with references that were more contemporary to 2003.

>>134146394
Yeah, it happens quite frequently in English dubs.
>>
>>134147234
>but it was clear they were never interested to toons and anime as an "art form", and not even as entertainment, but rather as profit from merch rights

In other news, the grass is green. Your appeal to "art form" is really wasted in this case because in Italy that could only apply (I'm talking about that time frame) to Disney's stuff at best. And the least interest any network could buy rights from something is to entertain the viewers so they can watch commercials and buy stuff. Which world are you living in? I'm sorry if I'm playing the devil's advocate but I see these kinds of arguments way too many times. I would have also wished for better adaptations of most stuff from my childhood but I'm not spitting on it.
>>
File: Can't deal with it.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Can't deal with it.gif
1MB, 320x240px
Lupin the III is already over? It really only had 13 episodes? The fuck man. Why so little?
>>
>>134147753
The show is still airing in Japan you bozo.
>>
>>134147753
It has 26. Also, the superior Japanese version is still airing.
>>
>>134147820
>>134147821
Oh. Why is it ending so early in Italy then? Are they not going to get the rest of the episodes?
>>
>>134147982
Show aired in Italy months before Cipanguo and more than two per week.
>>
>>134147234
>although stupid stuff like censoring THE GAY out of characters - see CCS - make me ticked every time

It couldn't be any worse than the Cardcaptors English dub.

>>134147982
Mediaset was pretty weird with Lupin's scheduling with four to three episodes airing for the first few weeks.
>>
>>134147642
I'm not opposed to profiting on anime, I'm opposed to changing them and making permanent damage (censorship at the dub stage with no uncensored version, see something like Hunter X Hunter 1999 for how to do it properly) to them in order to broaden the market for the toys. That's the difference between buying the rights to a movie, then running commercials towards it, and changing the movie's content because it fits whatever your needs are. I'm not even that opposed to it, if that was the price to pay to get a solid anime culture kickstarted it, then so be it.
>>
>>134148254
*buying the rights to a movie, dubbing it properly, maybe with a censored version for TV, then running commercials throughout it's airing time,

is what i meant.
>>
>>134148254
>>134148304
That would be indeed be the best way to import anime (at least back then), but basically any thing you imported was seen as a risk unless it was ridiculously famous or tested like DB or SM, and to justify an uncensored VHS/DVD only release you'd need a pretty strong fanbase which just wasn't there.

You'd also need loads of money to arrange different dub versions and that thing didn't last very long I think. America's not stupid, they know what their audience wants and they're pleasantly handing it, ignoring anything more obscure. By comparison we got the better side of the stick.
>>
>>134148254
> solid anime culture

It's nice to think you might actually get to discuss Japanese animation as an art, but the reality is that you'd probably end up with something like America's anime culture.

Something totally obnoxious, really embarrassing, and just barely about the anime at all.
>>
>>134148915
That is a good point, and i should also note the only company who bothered to dub multiple times for censorship issue was Shin Vision, and they went bankrupt. Though it's not their fault their crown jewel, a proper dub of Sailor Moon which would have probably been a hit, got blocked by Naoko Takeuchi.
>>
Haven't been following this, is Lupin 2015 still not being subbed?
>>
>>134149135
I am subbing it. Search for Lupin Part IV on nyaa, or L'Avventura Italiana if you want to watch the italian audio episodes (they're 4 episodes ahead of the japanese airing, currently, soon to be 12 ahead)
>>
>>134138279
So is it fully and properly subbed yet?
>>
>>134149181
Still dub subs from the italian, retimed then checked for accuracy.
>>
I wonder if there are any plans at all to bring this series to the US.
>>
I love you Itali/a/non
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.