[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't TG, OPM, and SnK be considered the new big 3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 1433603021427.jpg (137KB, 926x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1433603021427.jpg
137KB, 926x1300px
Why can't TG, OPM, and SnK be considered the new big 3?
>>
>>134135791
Because they aren't in WSJ and the term doesn't stand for Top 3 of whatever in the first place.
>>
>>134135791
I'm willing to accept BnH as a new Top 3.

Not exactly oozing with Japan, but it's pretty rad.
>>
>>134135791
>any of those bigger than one piece
Yeah okay
>>
>>134135912
Why can't it be changed then? Or a new name for them?
>>
>>134135998
In the west yeah.
>>
>>134135791
>Why can't TG
Remainder you TGfags should stop invading other boards with your favorite manga.
>Hey, /lit/ look at my mango.
>>
Ass Class has been part of the Top 3 for the last 3 years, both Sales and Rankings wise. But now that it is getting closer to it's (from the author wanted) end i wonder, who will take it's place? Shokugeki no Soma? Haikyuu? Boku no Hero Academia? Something else?
>>
>>134136066
>Why can't it be changed then?
Wouldn't make any sense

>Or a new name for them?
You can literally call whatever three series you want Top 3. Big 3 is na actual term that belongs to three fixed series. Any series can be part of the Top 3 or another term you may make up.
>>
>>134136203
It's not like BIG 3 was copyrighted by wsj
>>
>>134136128
Who give a fuck about west?
>>
>>134136411
Big 3 is a term which was coined in the west dumbass
>>
>>134136288
Yes, it wasn't, but if Big 3 would be the same as Top 3, Bleach would have dropped out a long ass time ago. Influence > Popularity
>>
OP, are you 14?
>>
>>134136613
What's to say these series aren't as popular and wont influence?
>>
>>134136885
Come back in ten years and we can speak about their influence.
>>
I guess you can go by sales if you want. You could probably do a huge poll too. No matter what though, the result would always be One Piece and two others. (Whether you personally like OP or not.)

>>134136932

This as well. It's not like you're wrong but...
>>
>>134136066
Why lump them in together?
Haven't had a chance to see OPM yet but not like TG is the same as SNK. Maybe the anime is but that was to expected by Studio Naruto.
>>
>>134136791
I hope OP responds I want to know as well.
>>
>>134136791
>>134139645
I'm a 21 yr old female
>>
>>134135791
>SnK
Maybe. Used to sell like crazy in Japan even before the anime was released, got an anime boost almost 3yrs ago but it's still riding the rocket. Got a solid market share.

>TG
Probably.

>OPM
It doesn't sell as much as any 'historic' big 3.
>>
>most popular shonen manga at a specific point in 2000 happen to have around three particular titles which are a level above others in popularity
>despite the fact that popular titles constantly change and line between the top titles and the rest are always blurring, people still obsess about there being only three top titles
>MUH TOP THREE

Please, stop. The phrase hasn't been relevant for years.
>>
>>134136066
I am pretty sure One Piece is still going to be on top of that list.
>>
The bigger question is why shit series are the ones that get popular.
>>
>>134136597
No it wasn't. It was coined because after a bunch of high profile series ended, One Piece, Naruto and Bleach became the "3 pillars of jump" and held the magazine up by themselves while they filled the magazine back up.
>>
>>134142761
Dude just wait. The momentum it's picking up is huge. Seems like people who don't even watch anime are now watching it.
>>
>>134143079
Said no one ever.
If Big 3 was a Japanese term, it would be One Piece, Naruto and Hunter x Hunter.
>>
>>134143079
>It was coined because after a bunch of high profile series ended, One Piece, Naruto and Bleach became the "3 pillars of jump" and held the magazine
Yeah, by western readers. Not the Japanese.
>>
>>134135791
None of those are even in the same magazine you landwhale
>>
>>134141050
Get out.
>>
>>134135791
>>134135791
Everyone in this thread is clueless to OP's bait, yeah i agree TG threads are truly the new SnK threads in terms of cancer
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.