[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched 3.33. /a/ wasn't lying about it being bad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: kharahp_130219.jpg (214KB, 520x639px) Image search: [Google]
kharahp_130219.jpg
214KB, 520x639px
I just watched 3.33. /a/ wasn't lying about it being bad. My main problems
>Shinji is in a coma for 14 years, but is expected to adapt to this completely new environment instantly
>everyone rails on and guilt trips him for not doing so
>Mari still has zero relevance in the third movie out of four
>Asuka is even more shallow than 2.22, her defining trait is just being angry in her scant amount of screentime
>remove last rei to only put ANOTHER rei clone, a completely separate character with the same exact story
>she talks even less so they don't even need to write a script
>Kaworu has a lot of screentime but all of it is devoted to being an exposition machine
>they don't even try to make him a character
>He trusts Gendo despite supposedly being a time looper
>Gendo is just a generic keikaku doori villain
>film ultimately goes nowhere and is pointless

Everything about this movie feels so lazy and clumsy except for the OST. Why do they keep getting worse and worse?
>>
>>134131656
Also, they don't take the time to introduce the world properly so you never really get sense of where you are in the story. It's just horrible.
>>
>>134131656
>>134131838
literally 2deep4u
>>
>>134132830
More like too shallow.
>>
Anno spent more time coming up with ways to subvert expectations and piss off the fanbase than actually telling a decent story.
>>
>>134131656
I actually liked the idea but I think the execution was subpar.

>Otaku pandering by negating the consequences of the time skip with Curse of Eva. (only the body of 14 year olds xD xD xD)
>Asked too many questions at once.
I see where they were going, trying to confuse the viewer as much as shinji was, but it did not work.
>People are over the top angry with Shinji. What's the point of bringing him to the bridge if you are just going to ignore him.

>>134131838
>they don't take the time to introduce the world properly
This is 100% the largest issue, I have no context for the characters motivations.
>>
>>134131656
I'm more impressed at how well your put those arguments together.
>>
>>134132830
I don't think there's anything deep in this film.
>>
>tfw the BDs will never be finished in 1080p
=3
>>
>>134131656
>not trusting /a/
You brought this upon yourself.
>>
>>134131656
Anno did 2.22 to pander normalfags, just to slap them in the face in 3.33. I love it. 3.33 represents what Evangelion is all about, if you want roboes punching each other you should try a different anime.
>>
Remember the glorious shitstorm around release and the weeks after.

I cant wait for the final one, just for everyone claiming to not care to get super butthurt no matter what.

Truly, anno is god.
>>
>>134133172
this
>>
>>134136894
Did you read the OP? It's not complaining about not enough fighting. 3.33 actually had a lot of fighting. Same as 2.22.
>>
>>134133172
i can agree with this

i actually kinda liked 3.0 because it did fuck with expectations and turn everything on its head but the way anno did it was so bizarre and kinda self contradictory to his own message at a lot of times too
>>
>>134131838
>Also, they don't take the time to introduce the world properly so you never really get sense of where you are in the story. It's just horrible.
that's the point though, you're thrown in just like shinji is
>>
>>134133172
This, Anno clearly made the remake to both make money and pretty much give the finger to anybody who ragged on the original. The same goes for the manga. That incoherrent mess had to be a gigantic fuck you for the people who kept up with it's random releases. The best part is, The absolute best part is that Eva is such a cultural anime icon Anno could make multiple spin offs using the characters like a school setting, a setting where Kawore has a girlfriend and even a setting where they transform into the eva's like it's fucking power rangers have all of them be balls out terrible the voice actors barely trying and he'd still turn a profit. Just like the hot garbage that is Dragoball Super.
>>
>>134137549
>multiple spin offs
literally this has already happened
>>
>>134136894
>3.33 represents what Evangelion is all about,
Gay sex?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.