[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do the impossible!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

So finished. I was surprised myself, I don't often watch and enjoy mecha (Escaflowne is in my top 5 though).

After finishing in a week, gotta say, it should have ended after episode 16. After the death of the Spiral King the show should have been over. The last arc was weak compared to the first, added nothing new to the story, and lost most of what made the first half interesting.

Oh well, good music.

And if any of you become writers don't make the object of the story to rescue one girl who dies anyway. That shit's just stupid as hell. It makes all their efforts pointless. I knew about it before I started and it didn't make it an less a disappointment. Same thing went wrong in the Matrix.
>>
>aand if any of you become writers don't make the object of the story to rescue one girl who dies anyway
Eden did this extremely well though, quit being a fag
>>
>>134115512
>liking Shaggy Dog stories

I will never understand.
>>
>>134115086
Sucks that you knew about it. That doesn't mean a better writer can't use it to make a great story.
>>
>>134115086
Did we watch the same anime? 2nd part was as good, if not better, as the first part.
And that ending was how it is supposed to be.
>>
>>134115086
>After finishing in a week, gotta say, it should have ended after episode 16.
THIS. This so fucking much. Holy shit, I can't stress this enough to the fags who claim that TTGL is "teh best animu evah". TTGL is great only until the King is dead. The second half was nothing more than rehashing the first but with a grim tone and fodder characters that never got developed and whom no-one cares about who throw their shitty one-liners before dying in the space conflict.
>>
>>134115086
>>134117195
>Not liking "So this is spiral power!"
>Not liking "Clench your teeth!"
>Not liking GIGA DORIRU BUREIKUH!!!
>>
Fuck you guys, this shit was cash
>>
>>134115086
Who did you like more: Viral or Kitan?
>>
File: 1214316395571.jpg (37KB, 350x402px) Image search: [Google]
1214316395571.jpg
37KB, 350x402px
>>134117944
>mentioning Giga Drill when there were plenty of those in the first half
>not even mentioning Shotgun Kittan
Still pissed that they left Shotgun Kittan out of the movie.
>>
>>134118150
Was referring to the final one in the TV series with Genome, which was the best one.
>>
>>134115512
What anime are you talking about?
which eden?
>>
>>134118600
Eden: it's an endless world. No anime just manga

You could argue it isn't the main object of the story but it is certainly the main object of Elijah's story.
>>
>>134117195
I generally agree with you, but Kittan is one of the bests things about the second part.
>>
File: musashi.jpg (28KB, 229x230px) Image search: [Google]
musashi.jpg
28KB, 229x230px
>kittan

poor man's musashi clone
>>
>>134115086
The object of the story was to overcome the anti-spirals, Nia being rescued was Simon's side-story(which was made a lot better in lagann-hen).

The second half was just as good if not better than the first.
>>
The second half was what the show was actually about, the first half might as well have been a long prologue.
>>
The second arc/half is Episode 1 of Star Wars. Politics will make everything better.

Plus let's throw Simon in jail and have him rot there. Rossiu is evil now. Morally ambiguous decisions are the norm.

The rest is just rehashing the first replacing 'fighting spirit' with 'spiral power' to have the same final fight between Simon and The Anti Spiral that occurred between him and the Spiral King down to jumping out of his cockpit and jamming both in the chest with his core drill for the same exact reason as before 'so people don't need to live underground'.

The only thing which made Part II good was Simon putting Nia above the rest of the universe declaring he would rescue her even if it meant the destruction of everything through spiral power; which was then totally wasted when she died anyway.

It had its moments but nothing we didn't see already in part I and instead of the cavalry coming to the rescue like before the cavalry sucks fails and dies.

Take out the Spiral King's prophecy as he's dying and end the show at 16. Nothing more needed to be done.
>>
>>134115086
Simon never wanted to be a hero, and probably never expected a hero's reward.

In the end, he did what was best for humanity then went back to his mundane life.
>>
File: 1400372607860.png (43KB, 258x307px) Image search: [Google]
1400372607860.png
43KB, 258x307px
>>134115086
>Do the impossible
>couldn't save Nia and still avoid Spiral Nemesis

Welp, guess that was THEIR limit.
>>
>>134121804
There would still need to be some reason for why he wanted to keep humans underground though
>>
>>134120225
Kamina and post time skip Simon is just a poor man's Ryoma.
>>
File: 1442709880872.png (898KB, 1500x1430px) Image search: [Google]
1442709880872.png
898KB, 1500x1430px
>>134123760
>anime is about finding confidence in yourself
>simon finds confidence from a pretty girl magically falling into his lap
>>
File: 10043_blue_submarine_no_6.jpg (183KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
10043_blue_submarine_no_6.jpg
183KB, 1600x1200px
>>134124255
Same reason the dude in Blue Submarine 6 did. Make room for what he thought was a superior race.

We learned nothing about beastmen being inferior till after the time skip.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.