[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /a/ like Ergo Proxy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: proxycutie.jpg (51KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
proxycutie.jpg
51KB, 1920x1080px
Does /a/ like Ergo Proxy?
>>
>>134086648
who is this /a/?
>>
I'm not /a/, but I didn't like the ending. Overall, the show wasn't what I was hoping for.
>>
/a/ here, no.
>>
>>134086841
hey matt
>>
>>134086648
ending was shit. gorgeous op/ed
>>
>>134086648
Thought it had its moments, but I wasn't a huge fan of the pacing.

I actually liked it a lot more on a second viewing. Had a better idea of what was happening, and I was able to skip the Disneyland episode.
>>
File: youcompletemyfate.gif (997KB, 500x171px) Image search: [Google]
youcompletemyfate.gif
997KB, 500x171px
>>134086879
I never did skip that intro.
>>
yeah it was ok
>>
I don't really understand that "enging was shit" narrative around this show. Of hundreds of titles I watched, proxy's script is still my favourite, Dai Sato is an interesting man. Yes, it's fuzzy and requires a re-watch, but for me it's a 10\10 show. I forgive it for disneyland and questionable middle-episodes pacing, just because i like the plot tha much.
>>
Dropped it over half way through. Even Psycho Pass is better than this shit.
>>
File: ErgoProxy15-00.jpg (58KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
ErgoProxy15-00.jpg
58KB, 704x396px
I remember on my first viewing I thought the game show episode was a terrible April Fool's episode of sorts.

Now that I know it was another proxy mind-screwing them I think it was a clever way to do exposition.
>>
I like the first few episodes, I think they have a great mysterious/suspenseful atmoshpere (for example when Re-l and Iggy go to the abandoned hotel or what it was). I would have liked it more if they didn't try so hard at being philosphical and spending so much time on such things, that time could have been better spent on the characters. Raul for me was definitely the best character of the series, he was the most human of them all and the most understandable I think.
>>
Dumb question. I liked it, and the ending. Only episode I didnt like was the quiz show, as it was just a easy way to explain everything.
>>
>>134086648
/a/ likes the desert episode, that's for sure.
>>
>>134086648
Solid 7-8/10 show.
I liked the ending too.
>>
>>134086648
I liked it. Granted some of the middle episodes were questionable and the ending didn't make a lot of sense, but the show had that kind of mystery style going which I just can't get enough of. I wish there were more shows like that.
Sato-sensei, please suprise us again with a good show!
>>
>>134086648
Re-l is best girl.
>>
>>134095214
That would be Pino.
>>
>>134095263
Nope, I'm positive it's Re-l.
>>
>>134086648
its bad, really bad
>>
>>134086648
DON'T WAKE UP
>>
>>134096026
>don't
>>
First half of the show before all that filler was nice. Second half was boring trash with shit ending.
>>
>>
>>134086648
/a/ doesn't like anything that could be considered even remotely pretentious.
>>
I like the episode where they're basically just stranded in the middle of nowhere waiting for wind and they're looking for mundane things to do to avoid going stir crazy.
>>
>>134096418
RESCUE ME
>>
who is /a/
I like it though.
>>
>>134097436
SAVE MEEEEEE
>>
>>134097284
My favorite episode as well. That and the episodes surrounding it felt quite a lot like odyssey-style anime like Kino no Tabi and Casshern Sins.
Pretty great.
>>
The only episode that stood out for me was the one in the bookstore, and that's only because Liam O'Brien's monologues were top-tier.
>>
I'm convinced that if you dubbed over Re-l's lines with quotes from My Immortal and Vincent's with random lines from Macbeth, the story would make just as much sense.
>>
>>134086648
It was a rather cringeworthy experience. watched this show till this guy confessed his love for her all out of nowhere. I cringed so hard, I stopped watching and never continued.

There never was a fucking story but suddenly 'BTW I'm in love with you' like wtf is this show.
>>
>>134098173
>wtf
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>134086648
Yes
>>
>>134098173
>watched this show till this guy confessed his love for her all out of nowhere.
It's been a while, but I don't really remember that bit?

I remember where they were trapped in a town that was basically a mass delusion for each of them and she hallucinated that he was coming on to her.
>>
>>134098243
>wtf is this reddit

>>134098345
Dunno, I remember this town which was only inhabited by this golden haired faggot.

I think it was in a cave... or a... something-somethiing... you could see him thinking about her and stuff... Im not even sure he confessed now that I think about it.

But it came so sudden that I just had to quit this show.

Animation style was great, this android loli was fun. But every other character and the story were just prentious autistic shit. Had really big hopes for this show....
>>
It was ok, suffered from dodgy pacing imo
>>
>>134096943
>implying lain isn't great
Also, /a/ loves to suck Evangelion's cock
>>
>>134088366
>Now that I know it was another proxy mind-screwing them I think it was a clever way to do exposition.

It wasn't clever at all though.It was the only trick the show had. The writers constantly hit bricks walls were they couldn't movie the story forward in the boundary of the world itself. They always had to pull out an unconnected self contained story like the supermarket episode, or the library episode or the game show episode, and then handwave it off at the end saying "a proxy did it." The show wasn't nearly as clever as it needed to be, anytime it had to advance the plot, it shit the bed a pulled a cutaway gag style episode out of its ass to save itself.
>>
>>134099008
/a/ simultaneously loves and hates Eva but I've never seen anyone claim it was actually good.
>>
>>134100732
the new movies were good :D
>>
I loved it. There were a few episodes I skipped; but I liked the ending.
>>
File: WAKE_ME_UP.png (178KB, 518x400px) Image search: [Google]
WAKE_ME_UP.png
178KB, 518x400px
>A character named Daedalus sees his pretend daughter literally grow wings, fly up and die burned by the sunlight.

That's as deep as it gets.

The setting of the show was interesting and the art was nice, but most of it was just trying too hard to be philosophical when it had nothing interesting to say.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.