[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who thinks this one is so full of itself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

Am I the only one who thinks this one is so full of itself?

It makes repeated allusions to elementary philosophical ideas that serve no purpose in moving the plot or add to any elaborate message that is being conveyed (since oh what a shocker there is none, it's a fucking cartoon).

It's like the only reason they are there is to make the writer and some uneducated viewers feel intelligent.

At least Ghost in the Shell tried to be obscure with all its bullshit so we couldn't directly see how full of shit it was.
>>
>>134078130
Anyone with taste knows that Psycho-Pass is shit. That fact does not necessarily stop it from being entertaining though.
>>
>>134078130
>Am I the only one who thinks this one is so full of itself?

No
>>
>>134078130
Everyone knows the philosophy is added for shits and giggles. Just pay attention to the plot if you like it and ignore the silly refs.
>>
>>134078243
Not as shit as Mushishi
>>
>>134078130
Season 1 was good, Season 2 is beyond shit.
>>
>>134078130
Season 1 was mediocre, Season 2 is beyond shit
>>
>It makes repeated allusions to elementary philosophical ideas that serve no purpose in moving the plot
They don't serve to move the plot.because they are the fucking plot.
>>
>>134078383
Not really, I don't mind the shit the characters themselves say about their motivations and such and such, it's just the totally out of place allusions to what real philosophers have said that trigger me.
>>
>Ghost in the shell
>bullshit
Why?
What do you consider not full of shit if you even consider Ghost in the shell full of it?
>>
>>134078130
Is it just me or does that thumbnail logo look like a dick rubbing over a huge butt.
>>
>>134078622
>What do you consider not full of shit
I think you should try reading a book once in a while...
>>
>>134078130
Cartoons can't convey an elaborate message?
>>
>>134078582
>it's just the totally out of place allusions to what real philosophers have said that trigger me.
Directly quoting philosophers is hardly an allusion.
>>
This thread reeks of "look how smart I am"
>>
>>134078722
Alright let me rephrase that in a manner you will understand
What anime would you not consider full of shit then if not Ghost in the Shell?
>>
>>134078733
This one doesn't beyond Accept your evil political overlords, they know what is best for you
>>
>>134078722
>I think you should try reading a book once in a while...
This is /a/, if you want to shitpost and circlejerk about books, /lit/ is more your speed.
>>
>>134080601
Isn't it more that the alternative to your "evil" political overlords could and in many historical cases be worse than what you have now, as revolts generally allow for the worst in society to gain power, i.e. the Iranian revolution, the syrian revolution, libya etc etc...
>>
File: 1384964688695.jpg (1MB, 2169x1444px) Image search: [Google]
1384964688695.jpg
1MB, 2169x1444px
>>134078130
>there is none, it's a fucking cartoon
This phrase just destroyed the rest of your point, and the more intelligent users will no longer engage you in conversation.

tl;dr: ya blew it, fag.
>>
>>134080907
Where do they show that the worst in society in Psycho Pass would gain power if the current overlords lost it? Makishima Shougo? He didn't seem like he was intending to set himself up as the new God Emperor.
>>
>>134078965
I'm not sure if you seriously didn't grasp the meaning of what I was saying.

Most comedic animes are pure entertainment.

Naturally anime such as Attack on Titan too.

The problem starts when anime starts saying shit just to be pretentious, see I don't deny that it is possible for the creator to have had a message he wanted to make but in almost every anime (that does this) I have seen the creator either:

1) Falls flat, conveying absolutely fuck all of value even though he tried.
2) Conveys nothing of value, revealing that he was not trying to make a point in the first place, his fancy references to philosophers and all sorts of elaborate non-sense prose just there to make the anime and its viewers feel cool.

I can't think of a single anime that has said anything meaningful.

Theoretically, they can, but they haven't, likely because they would get no audience.
>>
>>134078859
>Directly quoting philosophers is hardly an allusion.
If I remember right they were trying to be subtle in some places (although now that I think of it I suppose you're right, shit maybe I'm giving them too much credit).
>>
>>134081064
>>134078733
Well myb, guess I got too pissy there.

They can, definitely, this one doesn't.

The script reminds me of the kind of fiction undergraduates who just took a course on philosophy for the first time in their life churn out.

I'm not trying to dissuade the ones that actually try to build up an idea but can't do it very well, power to them, what annoys me is when they insert these snippets of things they've read just to try and get off an image of themselves.
>>
>>134081569
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
>>
>>134078288
oh no you didn't
>>
>>134078130
Is this a copypasta?
>>
>>134083666
No.

Name me one well-read person who actually appreciated Ghost in the Shell or its "philosophy".

Or shit even replace the word "well-read" with "has read a single book on psychology or philosophy that wasn't pop-sci".
>>
>>134083884
>appreciated Ghost in the Shell or its "philosophy".
for* not or

The bullshit is bullshit but the anime is amazing otherwise, with its setting, plot and characters and so on.

Still, the bullshit IS bullshit, thankfully they keep it short.
>>
>>134081569
>Naturally anime such as Attack on Titan too.
>The problem starts when anime starts saying shit just to be pretentious
Attack on Titan is specifically tailored to be a nationalist piece for Japan, pushing for the return of an insular (the walls) Japan that isn't afraid to fight the giants from without (other, seemingly more powerful countries)
>>
>>134078130
Ha, welcome to every DEEP anime ever.
>>
>>134078130
The philosophical allusions aren't really elementary. The movie contained a bunch of Frantz Fanon references.
>>
>>134078700
Goddammit
>>
>>134088589
kogami reading Proust was also a nice touch
>>
>>134078130
2deep4u?
>>
>>134083884
Me.

It was an interesting look at Theseus' Ship, among others.
>>
>>134078130
HAHAHAHA
>elementary philosophical ideas?
Have you even read half of the theorists quoted in this anime? They are utilized correctly and add so much to the richness in the universe. It is a spiritual successor to SAC and deserves all of its praise. Stop being contrarian and go read who they quote.
>>
>>134078130
The problem is you're just at the point where you can understand you can't understand it and thus hate it. If you were at the point where you can't understand you can't understand it, you wouldn't watch it. If you were at the point where you can understand you can understand it, you'd like it.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.