[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be a P/a/trician

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: perfect blue - satoshi kon.webm (3MB, 1920x1056px) Image search: [Google]
perfect blue - satoshi kon.webm
3MB, 1920x1056px
We all know there are certain anime that need to be watched.

But are there certain things a p/a/trician should be watching for when they watch a series/OVA/film?

Do you search for themes?
Do references go over your head?
Do you notice how a shot is lined up?
How dynamic animation is used during a crucial event in the story?

What do you look for?
>>
cute girls doing cute things
>>
Holy shit no. The people who do that, regardless of medium, end hating it

The true anime patrician just watches what he/she wants to watch, enjoys anime as it is and loves all of it equally, even when he/she prefers ones over the others.
>>
This is honestly pathetic. I'm pretty sure this bullshit is what MAL and your 3x3 containment circlejerks are for.
>>
>>134057355
>p/a/trician
>>
I don't watch anime

I watch cinem/a/.
>>
Reading shitloads of manga.
>>
I've seen 400+ series and at this point I just look if they're made by a certain studio or if a VA I like is in it.
Stop trying to make sense out of a cartoon.
>>
I watch anime because I enjoy it. I'm a pretentious dick with film and half the reason I began watching lots of anime in the first place was to allow myself to not be so dismissive all the time.
>>
people like different things
if you'd actually watch the fucking stuff instead of thinking about watching it you'd develop a critical eye for things
>>
You need to watch at least 300 anime (with at least 5% being from the 80's), read 150 manga and know the famous names in the industry.
>>
>>134060890
>150 manga
You should have to read more manga than anime. Manga's like fucking popcorn.
>>
>>134060985
not when they're all 50 chapters long
unless you're reading short garbge
>>
>>134063988
>50 chapters long
That still only takes a few hours at most. Still less than a 13 episode anime even if those were monthly chapters.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.