[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I still don't understand why he didn't want to become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 13.jpg (1MB, 1911x1210px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
1MB, 1911x1210px
I still don't understand why he didn't want to become a vampire. How is being a cyborg preferrable to immortality?
>>
Muh individuality. He hates how Alucard thrives on absorbing others into his blood.
>>
>>134051306
He always could turn into a werewolf (probably). They seemed awesome enough.
>>
>>134050947
Because he was fighting Alucard, the ultimate vampire.
>>
>>134051863

I think the Captain was the last of his kind, and Nazi research was based on a vampire corpse they dug out, so it probably wasn't an option.
>>
>>134050947
Did you not listen to his speech at the beginning of episode 10?

When you become a vampire you lose all sense of individuality, you become a being consisting of multiple souls, regardless if there's a dominant one or not. He didn't want that, he wanted to be his own person.
>>
>>134050947
Individuality, its actually something Alucard deals with throughout the series as well. Vampires are creatures who are amalgamations of others. There power is derived from the souls of those they have consumed. Alucard during the series feels as if his stature and achievements aren't really his because he just relies on the strength of others to do anything of note. The major didn't want is achievements to be based on the power of others. He wanted them to be his own.
>>
File: Stroheim.png (2MB, 723x904px) Image search: [Google]
Stroheim.png
2MB, 723x904px
>>134050947
>not believing in german science
>>
>>134052643
*German nazi science

There is a difference. Current Germany's got nothing on nazi Germany in terms of R&D.
>>
>>134051306
>>134052104
>>134052296
And there was also that thing with him considering himself to be human and didn't want to be a monster
>>
File: yes it was.png (521KB, 1059x598px) Image search: [Google]
yes it was.png
521KB, 1059x598px
>>134050947
The line is pretty blurry, Anderson is considered human by Alucard despite being roided up on vaguely defined state of the art anti-vampire technology. Considering the apparent lack of mechanical parts and the regeneration factor I want to say it's nanomachines, son. Integra however views him and The Major as "things", tools who have surrendered their humanity in a different way than creatures of the night. Her viewpoint on Anderson may have changed a bit by the end of the series though as she seemed to be paying her respects in his last moments. As for the Major, he mostly just gets off on holding the high ground over Alucard, having had the strength to reject ultimate power just so he could retain his sense of self. Though it makes you wonder how powerful he could have been had he chosen to drink, since he would have been immortalized through the same method Alucard had.
>>
>>134053088
>he would have been immortalized through the same method Alucard had.
Getting raped by Muslims?
>>
>>134053168
by Soviets, even worse
>>
>>134053207
Liberty Prime plz go
>>
>>134053369
cry more you dirty leftie
>>
>>134053088

I always thought there is a metaphysical meaning behind drinking the blood of the battlefield. It is not the blood per se which turned Alucard in a monster. It is symbolic for something but I don't quite get it. I've read Crowds and power in order to understand totalitarianism and human nature. Despotic rulers "consume" their victims, allies and foes alike, metaphysically - but I still don't see the difference between Alucard and Major.

Do you - by drinking the blood of the battlefield - surrender your individuality and humanity and become a monster?

But what's so unique about Alucard then? Thousands of despotic and evil tyrants existed. Maybe he lost es much humanity as nobody before him.

Is drinking the blood synonymous for killing? The Major probably never killed anyone. Others killed for him, but they have free will.
>>
>>134053088
>>134054458
The answer is simple really, Kouta Hirano is all about being cool and edgy so he just puts in vague half-baked philosphical stuff that sounds deep.
>>
>>134050947
He just loves war
ALOT
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.