[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand. Don't the Japanese not give a fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: ftya.png (462KB, 874x584px) Image search: [Google]
ftya.png
462KB, 874x584px
I don't understand. Don't the Japanese not give a fuck about their profitability outside of Japan? Why won't they pander to English speakers? Why do they make it so cringe worthy with their Engrish? They can't possibly be this insular.
>>
>>134049830
The Japanese don't care.
The studios don't care about non-Japanese.
The non-Japanese got dubs.
There, done.
>profitability
Give me a citation of how profitable anime is outside of Japan then.
You're not the targeted audience. Hell, you're not even paying for the products. You don't deserve good English in anime.
Seriously, this is self-entitlement as fuck.
>>
>>134049830
>Don't the Japanese not give a fuck about their profitability outside of Japan?
Not really. If they can sell the rights for their show to streaming and/or dubbing companies that's enough for them.

>Why won't they pander to English speakers?
Why would they? This is airing on Japanese TV. And if it gets sold in english speaking countries it will most likely get a dub.

>Why do they make it so cringe worthy with their Engrish? They can't possibly be this insular.
Why would a japanese accent be cringe worthy to a japanese audience?
>>
Anime and the west are incompatible. If anime ever does get popular in the west, it won't be the kind that we recognize today.
>>
>>134049830
>Why won't they pander to English speakers?
They do, just not all of them. They sell Blu-Rays and video games with English subtitles, you'd think more people would know that after that Play-Asia thing.
>>
>>134049830
You poor Burgers think the world needs to pander to you. It's almost endearing.
>>
>>134050341
What makes you say that? I mean the weird eight year old girl nonsense won't cut it anyway (and for good reason), but I can see a good majority of anime being picked up and profitable.
>>
"won't they pander to English speakers?" - i believe this question is so stupid it answers itself :p
>>
>>134049830
Hollywood does the same thing. How many times have you seen someone who's supposed to be ethnic played in a movie by the whitest WASP in the world?
>>
>>134049830
>everyone should pander to me
Fuck off amerifat.
>>
>>134049830
inb4
>I was pretending to be retarded
>>
>>134051468
I am not. I don't know why you guys take this so negatively. At the very least I would be embarrassed of my garbage workmanship if I knew speakers of other languages were going to consume my products and I didn't pander to them too.
>>
>>134051642
Murrican movies are a hell of a lot worse at this than anime is.
>>
>>134049830
If you were making a TV series would you care how South Americans would think of it?
>>
The world isn't about you.
>>
>>134050754
It's already picked up but it's extremely niche. Anime has had many chances to break into mainstream in the US. It ain't happening. Now France or some shit I dunno.
>>
>>134050754
Anime in the West (USA) is niche. It's not really super mainstream. Anime that airs in the West is usually just a dub, unless it's for kids, where a lot of things are changed and censored.

If "anime" is made in the west, its things like Avatar or The Boondocks, or "anime inspired" shit like Steven Universe
>>
>>134051819
>Anime in the West (USA) is niche.
Let's keep it that way.
>>
File: 1435614117726.png (110KB, 370x350px) Image search: [Google]
1435614117726.png
110KB, 370x350px
>>134051980
It's not going to stay that way...
>>
>>134051728
I would if they were my second biggest market.
>>
I dunno about anime, but manga will probably soon start pandering to the french market. Otaku culture is somewhat big there, and they're the second biggest manga consumers after Japan.
>>
>>134052093
>French
>biggest manga consumers after Japan
Haha nope. It's the chinks. They've got a hell lot more official translations than the french too.
>>
>>134052078
And that is why you will never be a TV producer, because you care too much about selling in other countries rather than your primary. Only Hollywood currently cares about that type of thing and they're making the most cookie cutter crap possible.
>>
>>134052221
It wouldn't cost me extra to bring a person with a good Afrikaans accent rather than some bastardized version of it that just ruins everything.
>>
>>134052065
Anime in the west is getting more obscure by the year save some shounen shit.
>>
>>134052303
Depending on the region. It getting too popular in my region, especially shonen shit
>>
>>134052301
Making one of your mains some nobody actor just because he can do some weird language would hurt sales. A lot of people just watch shit and buy the BDs for a specific actor's work. It's like the Tom Cruise effect only in Japan.
>>
>>134052402
Oh come on. There are hundreds of well known seiyuu who speak English with a good accent. What about the generic nobody (Magata)? Was there a need for her to have such a ridiculous accent when she supposedly lived all her life in the US?

coooome oooon.
>>
>>134052590
>Was there a need for her to have such a ridiculous accent
Not ridiculous for Japanese people.
>>
>>134052167
Haha yep. France is the biggest weaboo country, there's nothing you can do to stop it.
>>
>>134052256
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>134052667
>Not ridiculous for insular morons who don't know their thumbs from their assholes.
FTFY
>>
>>134049830
You don't get it OP. anime IS popular outside of Japan, the problem is that it's shit that you won't even see.

Example, the pokemon anime that 4kids manages to butcher all the fucking time is still popular enough to warrant syndication, are you watching that?... No? there's your answer.
>>
>>134052590
Well her voice kind of matters since...That generic nobody is actually the killer in disguise
>>
>>134052708
Have you actually looked at the list of availabilities of releases? Or shops selling them? Is there an Akiba equivalent in France? As in an actual street that's just shops selling weeb stuff?

Taiwan has those. I'm not denying there's a sizeable chunk of french weebs, but to say they're the biggest after Japan is sheer ignorance. Bamco for instance, has their own Gundam Base in Taipei while Kadokawa has its own Taiwanese subsidiary. Trying to compare against chink weebs is silly; they ARE the bigger weebs. There's a reason why the availability of scans after JP raws tend to be either Korean or Chinese.
>>
>>134052855
How good is your Maltese?
>>
>>134053164
>There's a reason why the availability of scans after JP raws tend to be either Korean or Chinese.
Proximity?

France is on the other side of the world and is still biggest market for manga outside of Japan.
>>
>>134053203
Malta wouldn't be my second biggest market if I ran an anime production studio. If it were, I would cater to them.
>>
>glorified commercials for local manga, novels, or toys
>caring about foreign audience
Yes, there are shows that tries to pander non-japs.
This show is just not one of those.
Those kinds of show tends to fail horribly and only succeeds once every 4-5 years
>>
File: IMG_0228.jpg (608KB, 1556x1037px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0228.jpg
608KB, 1556x1037px
>>134053277
I'm talking about official releases.

>biggest market for manga outside of Japan
It really isn't. Seriously. I don't know why you're so bent on getting the number 1 spot, but none of the European countries can compete with how much of a weeb the chinks are.

Try going to both Taiwan and Japan and compare. Taiwan in particular is basically one massive weeb on the country level. I'm saying this as someone who has travelled a fair bit and I can tell you, they're a much bigger bunch of weebs than any European countries. Which sort of make sense due to Taiwan's history with Japan. Anime culture has been a way bigger part of them for a long time.
>>
>>134053449
That anon is a retard, let him be /a/non.
>>
>>134050754
>I mean the weird eight year old girl nonsense won't cut it anyway (and for good reason)
>>
>>134053449
The French just had a really bad month. Let him has this.
>>
>>134053449
Stores in Japan really just have this cute "nook in the wall" feel to them
>>
>>134053642
I should point out that pic is taken in Taiwan. And that's how similar they are in terms of appropriating Japanese culture into their lifestyle.
>>
File: 1356412131476.png (353KB, 662x706px) Image search: [Google]
1356412131476.png
353KB, 662x706px
>>134053609
Laughed way too hard at this post
>>
it's noitamina, so it's bound to push limits and try to be edgy. I for one thought the engrish was semi-decent, at least they tried to portray emotion at one point. One day they'll actually hire a VA that is properly bilingual so we don't have to struggle holding in laughter when we hear VA's that only had high school level english in japan (which is like 5th grade english in the states) try to speak eloquently for dramatic effect.
>>
>>134053449
>It really isn't.
"Imports of Japanese anime into France and TV broadcasting of the shows there began in the 1980s. Much of the under-40 generation in France was thus raised on Japanese anime, leading naturally to interest among them in printed manga as well. At present, France ranks second only to Japan as a consumer of manga—and this Japanese word has become known to nearly every French person."

http://www.nippon.com/en/views/b00102/

Tell me if you can find a con bigger than Japan Expo in Taiwan. I'll be waiting.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.