Korean is out guys
I really hope this is Izumi saying that he is gonna train Osamu how to use composite bullets
That's it for this week. Unfortunately Ashihara is in the hospital right now so no chapter next week.
I'll post the summary while we wait for a tl anon
Arashiyama war room:
- Osamu excuses himself. When he gets back, he's going to refine strategies with his team.
- Good luck, says Tokieda.
- Osamu expresses his thanks to Kitora. Thanks? says Kitora... uh, Osamu means "Thank you very much." He leaves.
- Ayatsuji comments that Osamu seems to catch on to something. Kitora disagrees. Osamu was veering out of the course and he merely gets back on track.
- Ayatsuji says that Kitora is very harsh to Osamu. To which she replies, as he keeps on losing, freely doled kindness will turn into heavy burden. Especially for someone like Mikumo
In front of Solo Battle hall
- Kako explains that she's making a team will with initial K for all members. That's why she can't help but to invite kids with initial K that have talent.
- Yuuma asks if she invited Kakizaki-sempai. She evades saying that he's the type that a little not fitting. Kakizaki tells Kako-san it's ok not to be anxious.
- Kako lays out the benefits. Her team is aiming to get into the expedition team this season as well. Yuuma is not impressed. His team is aiming there on their own, so it'll be ok.
- She continues to add that A rankers can get customized triggers from the lab, so Yuuma will be able to fight more freely. Yuuma seems a bit interested, but eh, his team will get to A rank on their own, so it still will be ok.
- People start to crowd around them.
- Kako concludes that she has to drag Yuuma by force and takes a stance. Yuuma is interested and takes a stance too. Kakizaki tries to stop them from fighting.
In front of Solo Battle hall (continued)
- Then Kageura comes angrily complaining how long Yuuma will keep him waiting. (Kakizaki calls Kageura "Kage" while Kako calls him Kageura-kun. Kageura calls Yuuma "Kuga", Kakizaki "Zaki-san" and Kako "Phantom hag")
- Yuuma realizes that Kageura-sempai is another K. Kako realizes that Yuuma has appointment with Kageura.
- Yuuma apologizes, he got lost. Kageura is angry, if he's going to be late, he should have called!
- Kageura pulls Yuuma's shirt, let's go already. Kako pulls Yuuma's neck. She's not done talking to him. Kakizaki panics that the 2 are pulling a little kid apart. Yuuma is his chill self despite getting strangled (thanks to his trion body).
- Just then, Yuuma's cellphone rings and he uses it to excuse himself. According to him, his leader orders him to return.
Tachikawa team war room:
- Osamu wants to test something new. Izumi tells him that his team can spare time whenever Osamu wants, that his while munching on the snacks that Osamu brings.
- Beside him, Yuiga is also munching on the snacks, saying that he has doubts that Osamu's tendency to keep changing what he wants to do will let him learn anything properly
- Izumi says that Yuiga has been pouting because he can't play with Osamu. Yuiga is shocked. Osamu apologizes.
- Izumi says that he'll be the next commentator. He wonders if Osamu will show him something interesting. Osamu will do his best to fulfill Izumi's expectations.
>That's why she can't help but to invite kids with initial K that have talent.
>Izumi says that Yuiga has been pouting because he can't play with Osamu. Yuiga is shocked. Osamu apologizes.
Jesus Christ Osamu, why are you making all the best boys fall for you?
Outside on 19 Feb (Wednesday)
- Katori complains that her team will be disadvantaged in the rank wars because they have defense duty before the wars. It's unfair.
Katori Youko / B-9 Captain - All Rounder / 16 years old
- Miura Yuuta / Attacker / 17 years old agrees.
- Wakamura Rokurou / Gunner / 17 years old says that any team has time like this. Before saying the team is disadvantaged, they should watch the logs of their opponents.
- Katori dismisses the idea. Her team has not lost to Kakizaki's team for a long time. Tamakoma's junior high team climbed to top-B and immediately lost badly. So both teams are not strong.
- The cautious Wakamura says that their team has not matched up with Kakizaki's for a long time. And T-2 ace is being invited by Kako-san to her team.
- Katori wonders if Wakamura mentions that on purpose to rub over the fact that Kako-san never invites her.
- Wakamura just says that their team can't drop their guards on the enemy teams.
- Miura tries to stop the argument. But it's the operator Somei Hana / Operator / 16 years old that cuts them off, reminding them that they are on duty. Do it seriously.
- Wakamura complains that Hana-san gets angry. Katori blames him. Miura tries to stop the argument again.
- At that time, dog type trion soldiers get out of the Mormod. Dog is the type used for scouting and for fighting in packs.
> Kako "Phantom hag"
Why is Kage so fucking based
>Osamu will do his best to fulfill Izumi's expectations.
I can't fucking wait Osamu. I wonder if that new thing is related to the spider?
- Someone comments that Miden's soldiers are quite skilled, while scouting from dog's camera.
- The girl says that if they are the top level soldiers, then it'll be an easy mission.
- The beard thinks that they should be mid level. Yesterday's spear user was stronger.
- Reggie tells Yomi not to move the camera too much. He's getting ill.
- Yomi says that she has deactivated (Border's) detectors but they can't get closer. Else, the surveillance will catch on them.
- Gatlin concludes that as expected it's impossible to sneak in. The beard says that enemy is in high alert. Reggie wonders if Afto leaked the information... (of their attack to border)
- The black hair suggests to do brute force infiltration. The girl supports this.
- Gatlin checks the status of the trion soldiers. Yomi says they are ready for battle.
- Ok, then they'll aim to attack when Miden's soldiers are swapping their (defense) troops after the sun is down, says Gatlin. Their target is the expedition ship.
- Jin, Konami, and Tachikawa are playing cards when Jin feels that the enemies are coming.
- Jin tells Shinoda that and suggests pattern A.
- Shinoda starts giving orders. Amou is beside him.
- Tachikawa stands up. Pattern A means "castle defense" for the HQ.
- Jin tells Konami to follow Tachikawa around. There's a future where Tachikawa gets injured and/or killed. The enemies are more troublesome than Jin expected.
- A gate opens outside the HQ.
>There's a future where Tachikawa gets injured and/or killed. The enemies are more troublesome than Jin expected.
Holy shit, imagine constaltly seeing futures where your literal best friend dies?
I can't wait for Jin's backstory
This chapter also came with "Reader Rank Wars" where the fans voted on a variety of different topics.
>The agent you want as captain
(format = rank/name - votes)
2. Tachikawa - 218
3. Replica - 196
4. Kizaki Reiji - 195
5. Shinoda - 193
6. Kazama - 181
7. Osamu - 148
8. Miwa - 146
9. Arashiyama - 114
10. Jin - 113
>Positions you want to become
1. Attacker - 275
2. Shooter - 262
3. Sniper - 210
4. Engineer - 69
5. All Rounder - 65
6. Gunner - 63
7. Operator - 50
8. Trapper - 45
1. Ch 21 - 1331
2. Ch 29 - 536
3. Ch 79 - 285
4. Ch 85 - 215
5. Ch 83 - 137
6. Ch 80 - 101
7. Ch 56 - 98
8. Ch 60 and Ch 95 - 96
10. Ch 36 - 69
(Format = rank - votes - chapter, quote)
1. 293 - ch 99 - Tachikawa: Determination does not matter...
2. 249 - ch 32 - Jin: It'll be all right... the future has started moving...
3. 199 - ch 1 - Osamu: ... because I believe it's what I ought to do!!
4. 197 - ch 85 - Osamu: I'm not a hero. I can't produce a result that everyone is happy with. I just did what I ought to do that time so I don't regret it later
5. 194 - ch 25 - Arashiyama: Arashiyama team, arriving on location
6. 141 - ch 31 - Satori: Arashiyama-san, did you see my killer technique twin snipe?
7. 124 - ch 65 - Suwa: Come, Mr. Black Trigger. As you wish, let's play
8. 121 - ch 85 - Osamu: I'm going to rescue everyone's families and friends who were kidnapped. It's not "taking responsibility", but it's the way it should be
9. 105 - ch 76 - Yuuma: Even if I have slim chance to win ... I can't run away
10. 98 - ch 79 - Yuuma: Replica!!
Miwa: Bean speck!!
Together: Tell me the enemy's location!!!
I actually can agree with many of the positions.
Wait what the fuck happend in chapter 21?
I though for sure 79 would be first
oh wait.. never mind WTnips still have good taste
For those don't remeber here is what happend in each of the top chapters
Osamu convinces Yuma to join and Chika shows determination
The first battle of A-5, Jin vs A-1,A-3,A-7,Toma
and the explenation of triggers
cliffhanger of the gods with "FUJIN ATIVATE","WHERE IS THE ENEMY","TRIGGER OFF",6 Seconds until future corssroads
"I am no hero"
Osamu saying sorry to yuma about replica
The ening of the invasion and clear skies
Kazama squad vs endorad along with some awesome Shiro backstory
3 A-rank bros plus B-rank squads vs Ranbanien with the final strike
last chapter before Round 3
Round 25 with Kazama vs Osamu
Also reminder that Viz is gonna release Volume 12 in sep 2016
>Kako explains that she's making a team will with initial K for all members. That's why she can't help but to invite kids with initial K that have talent.
You're fooling no one you pedophile.
Now we wait for TL fag
He was in the MHA thread so I don;t think it will be too long
Are the MC still a piece of shit protected by Plot Armor and the little Alien guy ultra OP?
I got interested by this when it was still starting but there is no character development at all.
What? You are expecting osamu to land into the hospital every week? He even got told and fucked good in the team battle and in the chapters up to this one.Fucking hell, this is not some "every chapter is a fight chapter" or screaming of MUH RESOLVE after getting injured by your opponent manga.
>Excuse me everyone
>I'm prepared to go back and talk with my team about the specific strategies
>Please say hello from me to Arashiyama senpai
>And thanks Kitora
>Thank you very much...ma'am
>Found the correct path forward...
>Mikumo seems to have gained some insight
>This is great
>...Just correcting him from going down the wrong path and bringing him back to the right one that's all
>Ai chan you're especially strict with Mikumo
>...If they keep losing
>This kindness from us will only become stress to him
>People like him...
>Better go find Izumi senpai & co...
>>The vision is clear and set on the Rank Battles ahead!!
Chapter 123 「Galopoula 2」
>Everyone on our team
>Has the letter「K」as the first letter of their name
>The first letter is 「K」...?
>That is to say the first syllable is 「ka」「ki」「ku」「ke」「ko」
>So when I saw young sprouts like yourself with 「K」as the first syllable of his name
>I couldn't help it and came over to invite you
>Did Kakizaki senpai get an invite as well?
>His type isn't fitting to our team
>You don't have to pay extra care to my feelings...
>>>And thanks Kitora
>>Thank you very much...ma'am
>From what I heard from Captain Ninomiya
>You want to join the expedition right
>Our team is preparing to join the expedition troops as well
>Don't you think it will be faster joining us?
>We will get there by ourselves don't worry
>Ones that join our team will have A rank privileges
>And can ask R&D to make custom triggers
>It can allow you to be better than what you are now
>Is that so
>Our team will get to A rank by ourselves so there is no need for this
>- Kako explains that she's making a team will with initial K for all members. That's why she can't help but to invite kids with initial K that have talent.
This invasion looks like it'll be pretty big. Is Border underestimating them thinking they can keep it low key?
>In that case
>I'll have to wring you away with my own efforts
>>Closing in tentatively...
>Stop this right now!
>You're drawing a crowd!
>How long do you plan on keeping me waiting asshole!
>I'll chop you into pieces!
>Ah it's Kageura
>Oh it's Kakizaki
>And that wrinkly old devil lady
>needs 4 posts for a proper summary
Most series in this magazine are summed up in a few lines, 2 posts at most. I love this about WT. I hope it never stop doing stuff like this, it's kind of always been this way where a lot happens in a single chapter.
I think Kumagai got surpassed
I just realized that kako probably tried to get Kage into her squad
but he could sense her lust
>The third 「K」...
>Oh you already have a date with Kageura?
>Sorry Kageura senpai I got lost
>If you're going to be late let me know beforehand you idiot!
>Okay hurry up and let's go!
>Hey we're not done talking yet
>Wait wait don't go pulling little kids around!
>Sorry you two
>It's an assembly order from the captain
Tachikawa Unit Combat Room
>This time there is something I want to try so...
>Oh not a problem not a problem
>We will always welcome you here
>Your direction of learning is changing all the time...
>I really doubt you will have a handle on the correct techniques!
>This guy can't play with you anymore so he's being moe
>Was asked to be the commentator for the next match
>You will let me see an exciting match right?
>I'll do my best
>And not disappoint your expectations
>This is definitely disadvantageous to us
>B Rank Provisional Rank 9
>Captain Universal Position
>Katori Yoko (16)
>Yeah you're right Yoko chan
>That's what I think too!
>Miura Yuta (17)
>Every team will encounter this at some point
>Before saying what's fair and what isn't
>At least go look at the video recordings of the opposition
>Wakamura Urararo (17)
These people are new I think so I sort of used Japanese to piece out the pronunciation. Not sure if it's correct.
Izumi is very chill in general. Check out his first appearance when he was on the "get Kuga's black trigger" team. He and Touma were by far the most relaxed. He also speaks of Chika very nicely.
>Is Team Kakizaki and the junior team from Tamakoma right?
>We haven't lost to Team Kakizaki before
>And Team Tamakoma wilted when facing higher ranked teams before
>These two aren't that big of a deal
>But we haven't fought Team Kakizaki for a very long time right
>...And Tamakoma's second ace
>Was even invited by Kako senpai I think
>You thinking about how I wasn't invited by Kako?
>I'm only saying this to make sure you be careful
>Forget about it
>If those were Miden's top combat elites then this would be easier
>But that should be middle level I think?
>The one we saw yesterday with the gun was even stronger
>Yumi stop swaying
>I'm getting a headache
>Even though I have a way to negate sensory trion
>I can't get any closer
>It will be detected by those cameras
>As expected it will be difficult to infiltrate unnoticed
>They seem to be on high alert
>Did the intelligence from Aftokrator get leaked
>Through three days of tracing the trion
>We know that the 「Target」is underground
>Breaking in by force shouldn't be a problem right
>And we got the prototype with us as well
>Shouldn't be a problem
>How about trion soldiers?
>Already prepped for battle
>Aim at the time when the Miden troops are changing shifts
>When the sun sets we move out
>Go with the plan and spread out the troops!
>「A」Mode that means
>Protect the HQ right
>You follow Captain Tachikawa
>I saw it...
>The future with Tachikawa getting split in half
>The opponents this time...
>Are much harder to deal with than I imagined
>The invasion executing behind the Rank Battles...
>Even with a countermeasure BORDER is covered in a shade of darkness...?!
Chapter 123 End
Next issue hiatus. Next chapter will begin again on the 2nd issue of New Year (This issue is the last issue of this year)
It makes him op but it's a pretty cruel side effect. By now he must have seen all sort of shit and it's not like he could always save everyone.
Izumi has the benefit of sitting at the top of the rankings, so unlike Kitora, he doesn't have the need to prove anything.
He also seems to have taken a bit of a liking to Osamu back during the invasion. Osamu's tactic of "blow away the rabbit that's distracted by fighting someone else" is the sort of tactic that Izumi seems to approve of. Izumi's also clearly interested in Chika's potential, and Osamu's the one who got Chika into Border, and is the captain of her team.
Katori unit vs Mikumo Unit vs Kakizaki Unit rank war war? Poor fodder will make their debut only to get rekt.
Doesn't have powerlevels. You can have high "mana" in the setting and it'll give you some advantages but someone with low "mana" can still be a top tier fighter. Victory is achieved through overall skill, strategy, teamwork, and some luck. Most fights are about teamwork. Nothing has changed in terms of strength since chapter 1. There are some "unique weapons" that are very powerful, but there are very few of them and most of the time they're not allowed to be used (military protocol).
There are 4 main characters, likable for different reasons.
Right to left, most to least major
>Underdog type. Leader. Very weak, mainly relies on strategy. Is kind of an awkward sort of guy. "Normal", and incredibly brave.
>The good fighter. Weird and nonchalant. Can be funny or incredibly cool, depending on the current atmosphere.
>Natural powerhouse, is able to fire suspension bridge-destroying cannons. Very cute. Quiet. Lots of anxieties, but lots of character development.
>Really good, lone fighter, but a friendly senpai. Chessmaster. Pervert. Seems laid back when with others.
Both Kakizaki and Katori are All-Rounders, which would be the first time Tamakoma-2 goes up against them. It should be interesting to see how the new triggers + team tactics match up to their first opponents who also use multiple offensive triggers, seeing as Ko and Arafune use Raygust and Kogetsu but only as a shield and a last resort.
Probably not, just based on how long Konami's been with Border.
In general, who she's tried to recruit probably depend a lot on how long she's been doing it, and how important her criteria are. It's hard to see her trying to recruit established A-rank members for example. If the K needs to be in the surname, that'd rule out people like Murakami. If they need to be short, that could rule out a lot of people.