[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Anno have Shinji get bitched at, ignored and suffer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: keep crying bitch nigga.png (385KB, 900x383px) Image search: [Google]
keep crying bitch nigga.png
385KB, 900x383px
Why did Anno have Shinji get bitched at, ignored and suffer the entire movie?
>>
>>134022532
Because Shinji is meant to suffer.

Two Point Numbers had Shinji do something of his own volition, because he wanted to, because he realized there was something that he valued, that he had a stake in protecting.

So logically, this becomes one big, pretty fight scene whose ramifications blows up in his face, albeit not immediately.

Shinji can never have what he wants. Even if he has the power and desire to grasp it, the fiction is only interested is describing the futility of his endeavors, not in presenting the viewer with any sort of pleasant success story.
>>
Because Anno is an idiot and he seems to think that it's the only thing eva is supposed to be about
>>
>>134022710

Because he's a bitch nigga who ain't about shit.
>>
>>134022799
>>>/b/
>>>/trash/
>>>/twitter/
>>
>>134022532
Because of the themes Anno wanted to have conveyed through the show. Shinji is supposed to be the concept of "One who cannot have", whereas Rei is "One who has never had" and Asuka is "One who did have" in my opinion.

Thus, Shinji must suffer because everything he wants he can't have and he isn't capable of forging his own paths because others take those from him.

Rei has nothing and even IS nothing because of the backup clones, but in her desire to have something she's actually capable of making decisions for herself: see her keeping and then crushing Gendo's glasses, and then her betrayal of Gendo.

Asuka starts off with a good family and great sync scores and loses both. She snaps because she can't handle losing anything else, it detracts too much from her sense of worth, a worth that Shinji can't find and Rei never cared about.
>>
>>134022916

>>>/myhouseimhavingapartycomeoverbruh/
>>
>>134022710
There really never was anything Shinji could do to win, his plot-relevant choices are pilot and step into the place prepared by his parents or just leave and let everyone die. He doesn't get the option to kick everything over and make his own way, that was for Rei.
>>
>>134023075
Yeah, that's what I mean. I know Eva is argued to death over every bit of symbolism in it, there's at least one other thread on /a/ right now for it. But Shinji wanted to either have his parents back, or he wanted to just leave and not have to deal with it. In the end he gets neither of those, because his dad gives no shits, and he's forced to stay and pilot eva, so he still can't have anything he actually wants. Why he can't have it is another twofold theme: one's own incompetence and cowardice, and then the brutality and cruelty of others for their own purposes.
>>
>>134022532
Because he is a stand in for the audience.
>>
>>134022532
he represents the fans
anno is sepaking to you
>>
>>134023193
Shinji definitely doesn't want to leave and he isn't forced to pilot Eva. He stays because it's the only thing him purpose.
>>
>>134023469
I would disagree. He doesn't want to pilot Eva at all, particularly at the start, later it sort of grows on him, not because he likes it but because he thinks if he's better, it'll end sooner/he can get back to normal. He only starts because Gendo blackmails him with injured Rei and then keeps it going with Shinji's guilt that Rei is solo if he's not there, and then with Toji or whatever his friend was called.

And he literally tries to leave or isn't going to participate in the eva anymore, there's that scene where he's leaving on the train and his guilt catches up to him again.

I haven't seen it in an awfully long time and am probably mis-remembering parts of the plot, but those were the impressions I got when I saw it years ago.
>>
File: but we need pilots.jpg (155KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
but we need pilots.jpg
155KB, 1440x1080px
>>134023626
The train was Shinji begging to be deprived of agency, pretending he's forced and just doing as he's told, and Misato having none of it. Gendo manipulates him but nobody is really twisting his arm at any point.
>>
File: 1447582010022.png (383KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1447582010022.png
383KB, 600x300px
>>134022532
Because Rebuild isn't really about the plot but building a new continuity according to the studio's interest. See cape comics's events.

So far, it's working exactly as Khara want to.
>>
>>134024274
Yes but they didn't need to do more than they did. Had Shinji had a stronger sense of character and self-worth then the methods they employed wouldn't have been effective. He realised that Gendo was manipulating him emotionally, so then Misato was more direct and forceful to ensure they kept him on a leash. If he had been more rebellious they would have employed different methods. I think this further demonstrates that for those who aren't sure of their own path, they either cling to something that is known, such as Asuka, or can be manipulated like Shinji
>>
>>134022532
Supposedly there's a message about growing up which falls apart when they put Shinji in a coma for 14 years and expect him to deal with everything automatically and mature in a day after waking up with a bomb collar.
>>
File: anno-gendo.jpg (36KB, 298x264px) Image search: [Google]
anno-gendo.jpg
36KB, 298x264px
>>134024606
all according to plan
>>
>>134022532
Because he hates you anon.
>>
File: 1445445966308.jpg (29KB, 335x430px) Image search: [Google]
1445445966308.jpg
29KB, 335x430px
>>134024606
>that pic
>>
File: Shinji_demented.jpg (36KB, 990x448px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji_demented.jpg
36KB, 990x448px
>>134022532
Because many NEETs might have been going through suffering like Shinji, OP.

>technologies and societies advance so fast
>friends are all gone and move on with life
>your skills now aren't needed in society
>feeling worthless.jpg
>someone convince you that you aren't worthless, you can change everything
>"humans should learn new things in order to adapt to changes"
>he's offering you to work with him
>you agree with him
>you are placed in the same place with him
>after going a bit far, you want to prove yourself more, but your friend for unknown reason forbid you to
>keep going.jpg
>Everything go wrong
>your friend try to defend you and being the one who's blamed and fired from the job
>this makes you feel traumated and want to curl yourself in your room, but life drags you and forced you to learn new things in this life
>moving on, leaving this accident as a part of your past

For me 3.0 really feels like that.
>>
File: tumblr_mqtnxwlYWH1scrs0po1_1280.gif (249KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqtnxwlYWH1scrs0po1_1280.gif
249KB, 600x400px
Because Kaworu is Jesus
>>
>>134026829
This is the most autistic thing I've read in several months. Thanks.
>>
>>134026829
>NEETS
>job
>being out of touch with technology

This might work better with otaku. But then again you're looking too hard into Anno's latest cash grab. It's just a vehicle to sell cat eared Asuka figs and kawoshin merchandise.
>>
File: 2420279-eva_third_impact.jpg (73KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
2420279-eva_third_impact.jpg
73KB, 640x360px
>>134022532
Because 3.33 was supposed to be a duo release of two movies, with the first movie being confusing as fuck and the second providing all of the answers.

Techno-babbly speaking, because he isn't human and literally everyone around him knows or suspects that now, but himself. He's an acient ayy like Kaworu and Rei but everyone's scared shitless to tell him anything because he could probably literally destroy the world over with his mind if he wanted to, as long as he's in an eva to channel that desire.
Which he technically already did between 2.22 and 3.33.

It's also the reason why Wille doesn't want him near an eva. Shinji is directly connected to evas as if they were a literal second body to him (which they are.) He goes in berserk mode (aka psychologically unstable) while piloting an eva and it literally harkens him back to his original FAR form, which then triggers an impact (we pretty much saw this happen or begin to happen at the end of 2.22)
>>
>>134022532
Shinji is still at a minor age give him a break.
>>
>>134027754
wow thats actually kinda neat
>>
>>134028474
If only it were foreshadowed in the films.
>>
>>134022532
Shut up! You will take your gay piano and you will like it
>>
>>134022916
>irony is shitposting because moot said so
>humor is shitposting if i dont think its funny
>things i dont like go to containment boards
>new site operators created a board specifically for bullshit instead of just deleting threads and banning people
>internet is srsbzns guys, i promise

The best bet at this point is to delete the servers, wipe all the storage, delete the archives, and destroy the hardware. We're already head-strong into our swing towards the other end of the same fucking spectrum of stupidity that dumb-fucks like you are trying to stop.
>>
File: shamefur-dispray.jpg (124KB, 319x480px) Image search: [Google]
shamefur-dispray.jpg
124KB, 319x480px
>>134028282
>Japan
>children rights
>>
>>134022532
So that the viewer was as confused and pissed off as Shinji was about the whole thing.
>>
>>134024274
I consider this the most depressing part of the entire series. I don't know why so few others share this opinion.
>>
>>134024606
>Asuka is an angel like Kaworu
Now i should play monster strike sometime. After the Eva collab ends again in PaD.
>>
File: shinji ledge.png (214KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
shinji ledge.png
214KB, 500x375px
>>134032499
episode 4 shinji is pretty much EoE shinji, expect the world around him doesn't need him and kensuke brings him back by being nice to him, while asuka didn't. Suicide attempt and all.
>>
>>134032499
It's still sorta sweet. Misato refuses to let Shinji just be used. Shinji doesn't recognize letting the creepy gimp his dad likes better suffer instead as even being a real choice.
>>
>>134024274
>>134024888
The problem is that shinji is both good and evil. If he was just pure good, he would just beat the giant monsters to protect everyone else. If he was just pure evil, he wouldn't even have got into the eva to pilot instead of rei in the first place. So he just keeps being conflicted.
>>
>>134022532
Shinji is, and always has been, a punk bitch.
>>
>TIL Asuka's seiyuu was the one that came up with the last line in EoE
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.