[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have seen data which shows that sales of manga is one-tenth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2

I have seen data which shows that sales of manga is one-tenth of comics.
But I see many Anime fag even in Comic forum. For example, Comicvine is now almost Animevine.
I can't understand why so many anime freaks are there in internet.
Are manga/anime now more popular and famous than comics despite low sales?
If so, why?
>>
File: 1424175375829.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1424175375829.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
>>133997188
>>
>>133997188
Comics are retard and shit while anime/manga is almost full retard for teens , people nowdays only like comics because of muh nosalgia shit.

Look the most famous mangas they again are DBZ, pokemon , Naruto and nostalgic shits.
>>
>>133997188
because anime is more popular than comics im sure.
>>
>>133997224
>mangas
>>
>>133997188
In America manga is now socially acceptable again thanks to Attack on Titan. That leads to more normalfags.

In general, more people read manga for free online than read comics for free online. Manga is also easier to discuss because there aren't 50 different disjointed storylines a month like there are for Batman/Superman.
>>
>>133997188
A lot of manga people don't buy manga.
>>
>>133997188
>I have seen data which shows that sales of manga is one-tenth of comics.
Can you post this data? I'm curious to see what exactly has been compared.
>>
>>133997207
Sales of Manga is very low.
Despite that Anime freaks overwhelm comics freaks in internet, Sales itself is one-tenth of Comic sales.
I can't understand why sales of manga/anime is very low if manga/anime is more popular than comics.
>>
Manga is way more popular than comics. Hell the best seller comics wouldn't even make it in the top 10 manga sales
>>
>>133997329
>Sales of Manga is very low.
See >>133997313
>>
>>133997329
One Piece sells 2m+ each month. Currently Iron Man is comic's best seller with merely 250k
>>
>>133997313
Is it impossible to read comics for free online despite Manga/Anime is possible?
I know nothing about situation around it.

>>133997279
This page.
Data shows that The sales of Manga is only one-tenth of comic sales.
So I can't understand why Anime/Manga fan overwhelm Comic fan in internet.
http://www.comicsbeat.com/icv2-2014-conference-white-paper-the-comics-customer-who-is-reading-all-those-comics/
>>
>>133997373
It is only in japan.
In america, Sales of Manga is very low.
I am japanese. But I can't understand why Number of Anime fan overwhelm cmic fan in Internet despite Sales of manga/Anime is very low in america.
>>
>>133997504
On so you're comparing manga vs comic popularit y and sales in America?
>>
>>133997504
Because people don't want to pay for shit that you can get for free
>>
>>133997292
So Such a silent majority overwhelm Comic people in number?
>>
>>133997504
because you don't need to buy merchandise to be a fan of anime and manga when it's available online
>>
>>133997525
Yeah.
So I can't understand why There is so many anime fag in internet.
>>
>>133997562
Comics are not as interesting or good. It's hard to find manga in the west so you stick to online translations.
>>
>>133997545
So, Do most anime fan in america get anime/manga for free in internet?
Is Comic available in internet too?
I know nothing about situation around that.
In fact, Are Number of Manga/Anime fag far greater than Comic fag despite sales?
>>
>>133997589
I am japanese, But I like comics too.
Quite a few people in japan think so too.
So, Are Numbers of Comic fan in internet far greater than Comic fan in internet?
>>
>>133997277
>being retard
>>
>>133997618
>Do most anime fan in america get anime/manga for free in internet?
Most of them do, yeah.
>Is Comic available in internet too?
Yes, it's not as widespread as manga, but you can still find comics online for free.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out why some of these people actually buy things, while the others don't.
>>
>>133997618
Judging by the amount of anime cosplayers vs comic cosplayers in events like Comic-Con. Yes, there are more anime fans than comic fans. Comics are easier to get here and cheaper that's probably why more people buy comics.
>>
>>133997618
Comics aren't as easy to find online as manga and anime. Most likely because the companies keep an eye on the internet more than the japanese ones.

>>133997618
>>133997648
Yes.
>>
>>133997224
>people nowdays only like comics because of muh nosalgia shit.
The artwork in comic books has become fantastic over the years. Writing in comic books can be real turd, but the artwork is almost always excellent. People buy comic books as much for nostalgia as they do the art.
This, however, is not really addressing OP's question. I couldn't answer that myself, but would like to know.
>>
Consider also that fucked up comics book continuity is a barrier for some people.
>>
>>133997710
>Art
Is whatever in this discussions
>Vagabond
>>
>>133997668
Is it not easy to buy Manga or Anime?

>>133997675
Thanks.
I understand why I see many anime fan in even comic forum despite that Sales of Manga is very low in America.
>>
>>133997188
because everyone reads the manga online. You can find every single chapter online.

Meanwhile with american comics, people buy them because the majority of the comics you can't find online.
>>
>>133997752
>Is it not easy to buy Manga or Anime?
It is easy but localised stuff is absolute dogshit.
>>
OK so I guess
Japan otaku = richfags
US otaku = poorfags
>>
Is this a culture exchange thread?
>>
IVE SEEN FOOTAGE
>>
>>133997761
So what you're implying is that if manga magically disappeared from the internet people would actually start purchasing books? Good luck with that.
>>
>>133997790
Let's go shit up 2ch
>>
>>133997795
no, but the people who really care about the manga will
>>
>>133997792

BE THE FREAK YOU WANNA SEE
>>
>>133997811
People who really care about manga buy it regardless of whether or not they can find it online for free.
>>
>>133997811
Nah, i would stop reading this shit
>>
>>133997827
But Is it because Manga/Anime is free that Manga/Anime is more famous than Comics?
At least, I could interpret discussion in this thread.
>>
>>133997504
Actually, China has more animu fans than the US does
>>
>>133997872
True.
But Do sales of china affect sales of America?
>>
Have you come to arrest us, Japanese man?
>>
>>133997188
anime adaptions of manga is more common than cartoon adaptations of comics.

Anime/manga is aimed at a younger audiance than comics (which are for manchild adults, but nonetheless have older mc's and sex)
>>
IVE SEEN FOOTAGE I STAY NOIDED IVE SEEN FOOTAGE I STAY NOIDED
>>
>>133997943
So, VS forums all over the Internet are filled with Anime retards who are worst of manga/anime fan?lol.
>>
>>133997504
Americ =/ the world
>>
>>133997896
No. But why does that guy care about the US?
US =/= the world
>>
>>133998046
True.
But Forums I see are almost english site.
And In these forums, even comic forms like Comicvine, Anime fan seemed overwhelm Comic fan. So I wanted to know why.
>>
American comic nerds are way more hardcore than the manga audience. They are what the otaku are in japan. Complete enthusiasts and not afraid to pay a shitload of money for nothing.

If you're a western manga fan you either hide your power level or you're some weebshit cosplayer who uses kawaii and other entry level japanese unironically.

Manga series are usually also way longer and more progressive. One shots or short series don't get localized very often. With comics you can buy even short series. There are also a bunch of recognizable heroes that have a million comics under their belt. With manga there isn't such a thing, even the biggest series have often none or only very few spin-off series.
>>
>>133997188
>I have seen data which shows that sales of manga is one-tenth of comics.
In what region?
North America? Sure, I can believe that.
Almost anywhere else? Fuck off.
Manga is huge in Europe (especially France) and even huger in Japan.
The manga industry is many, many times bigger than the comic industry, regardless of which one you think is better.
>>
>>133998171
North America.
I already posted URL
>>
>>133998104
In fact,Injapan, American comic become far more famous than 10 years ago.
But Japanese (American) comic nerds are minority. So We only discuss comics in some internet forum like 2ch or futaba.
>>
>>133998365
Do you read superhero comics or are there some other good american comics?
>>
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/27/japan-urged-to-ban-manga-child-abuse-images

But /a/ told me westaboo loves manga
>>
>>133997188
Well, sir, I have some "data" here that shows that comic sales are one tenth of manga sales.
>>
>>133998448
UN members are shit.

http://www.elmundo.es/espana/2015/06/21/5585c0b4e2704eff328b4584.html
>>
>>133998430
Both.
I like Superman too.
American hero comics become famous in Japan too.
>>
>>133998555
Isn't it sales in Japan?
I said that sales of manga in north-america is one-tenth of Comic sales in north-america. not japan.
>>
>>133998746
>I said that sales of manga in north-america is one-tenth of Comic sales in north-america.
Actually you didn't, not in the OP at least. You're all over the place, you start by talking about manga sales, using the internet as a popularity measure.
Then you move onto NA manga sales, while still using the internet as a popularity measure, as someone else mentioned, places like France and Italy have a rather large manga market. It's likely that these people also use these internet forums that you mentioned.
Eventually you move on and start talking about manga and anime. These are not even comparable, if /a/ is anything to go by, there is a large number of people who watch anime and don't read manga.
You can also look into cr, who supposedly has several million registered users. The data you provided is outdated at best, and i'm not even sure that it includes digital releases in the manga sales chart.
Bottom line is, you can't take the data you posted, compare it with the number of people that are posting on internet forums and then try to draw conclusions.
2 potatoes + 2 onions doesn't equal 4 potanions.
>>
>>133997329
>I can't understand why sales of manga/anime is very low if manga/anime is more popular than comics.
Because most people who have anime/manga as a hobby or actually like it, watch subbed anime and read unlicensed manga. Normalfags aren't going to spend money on children cartoons and the other group imports blu-rays instead
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.