[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you play Eriri's route?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 14

File: 1448215097707.jpg (264KB, 1276x1585px) Image search: [Google]
1448215097707.jpg
264KB, 1276x1585px
Would you play Eriri's route?
>>
>>133976706
Eriri is the best. Why wouldn't I?
>>
If I existed in the world of this setting the first and probably only thing I would do is kill the MC to set the girls free.
>>
>>133976932

But then Megumi would continue to be ignored by everyone.
>>
>>133976706
Yes.

Translations for volume 9 when? I say TLs working on older volumes should stop what they're doing and make volume 9 top priority.
>>
No. Eriri a shit.
>>
>>133977000

nanodesu is doing volume 1 and volume 5 at the same time, so you'll get 9 somewhere in the future.
>>
>>133977000
Why? They should stay translating in order. If anything volume 7 should be the priority.
>>
>>133977075

Eriri literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>133977198
nice me.me
>>
>>133976706
I'll play any route except Megumi's.
>>
>>133977198
Subjectively wrong. Either way, she is great and interesting because she is flawed and makes hard choices for understandable reasons.
>>
>>133977354
>not playing the best route

For shame.
>>
>>133977317

The worst she did was leave without telling Megumi.
>>
>>133977440
And not telling Tomoya she was leaving right after she joined Akane.
>>
>>133977411

Tomoya has no idea what he's going to write for her route.
>>
File: 1427392417697.jpg (1009KB, 1278x1453px) Image search: [Google]
1427392417697.jpg
1009KB, 1278x1453px
>>133976706
Yes, but I'd rather Meguri's.
>>
>>133977411
How can it be best route when Megumi isn't best?
>>
>>133977507

She used a text message because she was crying so much she couldn't talk straight.
>>
>>133977635
The series itself tells you the main girl's route is the best route.
>>
>>133977681

Tomoya has had more development with Eriri than he has had with Megumi. It's volume 9 and he still has no romantic feelings for her.
>>
>>133977533
Didn't he say in volume 7 that the game will be based 100% on Megumi's real character?

He sounded like he had at least something in mind when he was begging her to return for his next project.
>>
>>133977507
Tomoya got over that and gave his blessing to Eriri and Utaha in the same volume they left the circle. Stop beating a dead horse.
>>
>>133977783

Yeah, but in volume 8 Iori said that all the heroines' routes were good, so he can't tell who's the main anymore. Now he has to come up with something new.
>>
>>133977752
It's quite obvious Megumi will end up surpassing Eriri in the end, though.
>>
>>133977681
>series itself tells you
Not once have I seen or heard that anywhere.
>>
>>133977836
That doesn't change the fact she made him suffer unnecessarily and only was lucky in the end Tomoya could recover and stay in the game.
>>
>>133977881
That's literally the point of their date in volume 8.
>>
File: 1415777786287.jpg (15KB, 411x367px) Image search: [Google]
1415777786287.jpg
15KB, 411x367px
>Megumifags starting a fight
>>
>>133977991
Only an overly defensive Eririfag would say this discussion is a "fight".
>>
File: 1448214095822.jpg (459KB, 988x1503px) Image search: [Google]
1448214095822.jpg
459KB, 988x1503px
>>133977870

Maybe, but there is a high chance that Maruto will fuck up Megumi's character in doing so. A big part of her appeal is her mystery and ambiguity. He's already about to go overboard with her vindictiveness.
>>
>>133978057
I really wouldn't mind if he goes full Setsuna with her.
>>
>>133977991
They're always like that.
>>
>>133977988

The date where they got on a first name basis only to stop a while later? It just showed that they weren't as close as they thought they were.
>>
>>133977988
Give quote stating exactly what you're claiming or you are full of it.
>>
>>133977925
You're grasping at straws like a petty person out for blood. Yes, let's ignore that drama and conflict that creates plot and character development that resolves itself with all sides benefiting from it as a bad thing.
>>
>>133978123
They're still close. It appears Megumi is more interested in fixing the problems with Eriri than getting closer with Tomoya.

>>133978148
Just read chapter 7.5.
>>
>>133978236

I don't see what getting closer to Tomoya has to do with fixing the problems with Eriri. They already had a habit of calling each other by first names, there's no reason it should bother making up with Eriri.
>>
>>133977752
Eriri only exists as a measuring stick for when Megumi takes the cake.
>>
>>133978220
What grasping at straws? You can't deny all the drama on Tomoya's side could have been avoided if she hadn't pussyfooted around him with a serious matter.

In fact, Eriri not comitting the same mistake of not facing directly the issue she herself caused would have been character development, growth. The drama would be still there, anyhow.
>>
>>133978236
>Just read chapter 7.5.
I'm asking for quotes. You can't even give them? It should be a simple job you can do to help support your argument, surely.
>>
>>133978220
>all sides benefiting from it as a bad thing.

Except for Megumi.
>>
>>133978436
You want me to quote the entire chapter? Just go read the summary.
>>
>>133978377
>any of Megumi's scenes matching Eriri's scenes when she's flat nearly the entire time
>>
File: Saekano_07_05.jpg (363KB, 1228x1454px) Image search: [Google]
Saekano_07_05.jpg
363KB, 1228x1454px
>>133978611
Megumi does have the best scenes in the series, though. Others can't compare.
>>
>>133978381
You're just trying to debase by using the excuse she hurt him. You overlook all other reasons and the fact Tomoya getting hurt wasn't a big deal and he was happy for them to better themselves even if it mean leaving the Circle. And still you are acting like the drama was and despite everything that have been said and pointed out.

The first time Eriri left, she didn't say anything. The second time she left, she told Tomoya everything and the reason why. You have no case here.

>still there
No, only the drama between Megumi and Eriri is left. That is a completely different matter.

>>133978450
The fault for that belongs to Megumi more than it does Eriri. If Megumi was a creator like the other three, she would understand.
>>
>>133978675

She didn't even hug him and just stood there watching him bawl his eyes out.
>>
>>133978720
>You overlook all other reasons and the fact Tomoya getting hurt wasn't a big deal

Nigga, we already went over this. It was a big deal, and only Megumi could have healed him.

The second time Eriri left, she told Tomoya when it was already too late, and not even personally. It's just half-assed.

>No, only the drama between Megumi and Eriri is left.
I'm saying that Eriri informing Tomoya of her departure would still have caused drama, no matter how she did it.
>>
>>133978553
>https://magnavalon.wordpress.com/2015/07/20/saekano-volume-8-a-new-beginning/
>Has to redo it because the original route is comparable to the other routes
Will be isn't is yet. Either way, we're talking about the real Megumi, not the heroine Tomoya made with original content that needed to be added or altered.
>>
>>133978804
Actually, I was expecting that as well. Still, that little detail doesn't detract the scene from being an amazing climax to the novel.
>>
>>133978967

It's going to be so awkward watching that scene in the anime. They really should have at least hugged.
>>
>>133978957

Tomoya barely knows anything about the real Megumi.
>>
>>133979062
The anime isn't known for being completely faithful to the novels anyways. I wouldn't be surprised if they add a hug at the end.
>>
>>133978848
>It was a big deal
No, it wasn't. If it was a big deal then the story would have made it into a serous matter by making it into a significant plot in volume 7. But the whole drama was only two chapters at most and the whole thing was resolved quickly, even ending the of the volume was left on a comedic and good-feel note to show that everything was all right and that they future and friendship was stronger now.

>half-assed
And you still want to say you aren't just out to get her? Eriri told in a way that was most sincere and heartfelt, and in the method that is consistently appropriate to her personality, especially to her emotional state at the time.

>I'm saying that Eriri informing Tomoya of her departure would still have caused drama, no matter how she did it.
Then what the hell is your point?
>>
>>133979154

I hope they do. I feel the anime generally improves on the LN greatly, like how the anime's version of the hill scene in episode 3 was much better than the original version. There's also how they add in original scenes of the girls when they're not with Tomoya to flesh them out, which is hard to with a first person viewpoint. Like, they need some anime original scenes to develop Megumi and Eriri's friendship or else them fighting in volume 7 won't have much impact.
>>
>>133979209
>But the whole drama was only two chapters at most and the whole thing was resolved quickly
That doesn't mean it wasn't a big deal for Tomoya and how it could have been the end for his dreams and career had it not been for Megumi. Tomoya still has mental scars left, after all.

>And you still want to say you aren't just out to get her?
Nothing against Eriri. I'm just saying that she could have handled things better and showed a more solid growth considering her past actions and choices. What she did in volume 7 is still consistent with her character, but it leaves the sensation it was an opportunity to give her more impactful development to make her originally weak-minded character leagues stronger.

>Then what the hell is your point?
You were saying that I'm ignoring drama that creates conflict and development when in fact the drama, conflict and development was unavoidable either way.
>>
File: 1422101855231.png (725KB, 799x1385px) Image search: [Google]
1422101855231.png
725KB, 799x1385px
Wait, there are other routes?
>>
>>133978957
>Either way, we're talking about the real Megumi
Yeah, and she's still the best.
>>
>>133979619

She's a bitch. Look at the way she treats Iori.
>>
>>133979651
Iori isn't exactly the beacon of niceness either.
>>
>>133979717

I don't think he's done anything that warrants flat-out ignoring though. There's also how she said some pretty dickish things to Tomoya in volume 9.
>>
File: www.dotup.org621703.jpg (204KB, 1120x551px) Image search: [Google]
www.dotup.org621703.jpg
204KB, 1120x551px
Kurehito is now trying to make his art look more like the anime.
>>
>>133979853
I can't wait to see her catfight with Eriri.
>>
>>133979494
You're thinking personally instead of looking at the big picture. It wasn't a big thing because the plot didn't stress that it was super important and super serious or anything of the sort. The only mental scars Tomoya has is the one he got from Utaha that isn't even a real mental scar that's negative because of how things turned out and his small personal grudge he has with Eriri, which is also isn't a big deal and is a different matter not related to the original point.

>she could have handled things better and showed a more solid growth considering her past actions and choices.
But she did. If you think she could do something different but consistent to her personality then that's just your opinion. But no sane and reasonable person who understands her character would even say why and how she told him was half-assed.

>when in fact the drama, conflict and development was unavoidable either way.
Yet, you were beating a dead horse about the specific drama she helped caused as if it were a big deal and was an issue that wasn't already resolved in good spirits.
>>
>>133979917

The left side looks more, oh how should I say it, evil.
>>
>>133980043
>You're thinking personally instead of looking at the big picture
That should be you. Just because the narrative didn't spend an entire book dragging the drama and suffering out doesn't mean it wasn't a big deal. The whole point is that this could have been avoided without removing the core drama, and that it would probably been better for character development purposes if Eriri was more courageous with the basis of learning from her mistakes and gaining a stronger resolve in result. Nothing extraordinary here.

>But no sane and reasonable person who understands her character would even say why and how she told him was half-assed.
Half-assed from the author. Mind the context. I said it was still consistent with her character, but it could have been way more given the potential the character has.

>Yet, you were beating a dead horse about the specific drama she helped caused as if it were a big deal and was an issue that wasn't already resolved in good spirits.
Except for the fact it was a big deal. It's not beating a dead horse as it started as someone saying Eriri did nothing wrong, and me pointing out the other questionable thing she did aside from not telling Megumi of her departure.
>>
>>133979582

Yes, but Eriri's the only one with implied sex.
>>
>>133980343
>could have been avoided without removing the core drama
That makes zero sense. Tomoya was despairing because the circle was basically no more. It wasn't about how they left, but that they did left.
>would probably been better for character development purposes if Eriri was more courageous with the basis of learning from her mistakes and gaining a stronger resolve in result.
No, you're just saying that to justify your hate for her. You don't know more than the author when it comes to his own character, so quit acting like you do. Fact remains Eriri did do better and explain it to Tomoya this time around, unlike your claim that she didn't by doing the same thing, which is untrue.

>Half-assed from the author.
You're reaching now.

>Except for the fact it was a big deal
Not doing this again with you.
>It's not beating a dead horse as it started as someone saying Eriri did nothing wrong, and me pointing out the other questionable thing
It is precisely because you bring up something that ended up not being a bad thing, ergo it isn't wrong. You would have a case if the drama wasn't resolved and having left remained a problem like Tomoya still down or without motivation to make another game, and so on. But you don't have a case because the drama ended up being a good thing.
>>
File: 1422654902240.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1422654902240.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>133980535
>implied sex.
>>
>>133980535
>Yes, but Eriri's the only one with implied sex.
>Implied sex scene

Eriri route confirmed for BEST route.
>>
>>133980687

And if that part makes it past editing, Izumi will have to draw it. Lucky her.
>>
>>133980706
Until Megumi's is finished, that's it.
>>
File: 1426073038142.jpg (460KB, 850x2717px) Image search: [Google]
1426073038142.jpg
460KB, 850x2717px
>>133980535
DAMN
>>
>>133980535
When was this?
>>
>>133981514

Volume 9. He pulled all-nighters writing a scenario, by the end he was just writing whatever came up to him.
>>
>>133980662
>It wasn't about how they left, but that they did left.
Except the way they left definitely impacted him, and here's where the Megumi factor comes to play. He was lamenting the fact he was alone in the world he had created, which he wouldn't if Megumi wasn't depressed too by their departure. Had Eriri and Utaha properly informed him and Megumi beforehand, he would still have felt sad and shit, but not to the point of wanting to quit definitely with Megumi still with him.

>you're just saying that to justify your hate for her
Except I don't hate her. Criticizing her actions isn't the same as hating her.

>You don't know more than the author when it comes to his own character
Oh, so why don't you say that when shipperafags bitch about contrived forced plot and preventing Eriri to win with that same action? There are plausible and consistent what-if scenarios, and there is nothing more plausible than a lineal development in Eriri's mental strength to handle situations like this better. In the end, it practically amounts to the same thing, given that she still left him in ruins and was too afraid to stay by his side during the worst moments of his life, showing that she hasn't developed where it matters. If wasn't for Tomoya returning to her after being healed by Megumi, who knows how much time would have passed before they even talked to each other again, let alone fixed their relationship again.

>But you don't have a case because the drama ended up being a good thing.
And the drama having a happy end doesn't excuse the fact the drama happened. Circular logic works because circular logic works. You can do wrong, but still make up for your mistakes. In Eriri's case, it wasn't even Eriri who made up for the damage she did. She was just lucky Tomoya could find comfort and new hopes in someone else. Let's put it this way; if their relationship was ruined forever, she had every reason to blame herself
>>
>>133980792
>sex scene with Megumi

Would Maruto write it?
>>
>>133982276
>implying he hasn't already
>>
>>133977991
Nah this fucker>>133977354 managed to bait some angry Megumifags and ended up being the trigger.
>>
>>133982363
I really don't see the anger you're speaking of.
>>
>>133981613
>Except the way they left definitely impacted him
>Had Eriri and Utaha properly informed him and Megumi beforehand, he would still have felt sad and shit, but not to the point of wanting to quit definitely with Megumi still with him.
And you know this how? Are you the author's best friend or something?
>He was lamenting the fact he was alone in the world he had created
Which goes back to what I said how it is that they left that made him sad and shit, not HOW they did. Telling him beforehand or not, Tomoya would still be depressed as hell.

>Except I don't hate her. Criticizing her actions isn't the same as hating her.
Your arguments and insistence at beating over debunked matter to fault her seems to suggests otherwise. Your subtle shots at her have been noted too.

>when shipperafags bitch about contrived forced plot and preventing Eriri to win with that same action?
Why would I need to when people like you already do that? But ever-mind that that isn't the same thing, so the compassion is off. Those people say that Eriri loses because she isn't the main girl, so the plot will always be against her no matter how close she gets.
>>
>>133981613
>There are plausible and consistent what-if scenarios, and there is nothing more plausible than a lineal development in Eriri's mental strength to handle situations like this better. In the end, it practically amounts to the same thing, given that she still left him in ruins and was too afraid to stay by his side during the worst moments of his life
The best you're doing is grasping at straws by trying to criticize her for not doing what you would like her because you think she would be better if she did this and that. And now you're trying to fault her for not being by his side even though she had damn good reasons to not be by his side since she is part of the reason he was depressed and couldn't face him because she isn't emotionally strong, which is part of her moe appeal and personality to begin with? You're getting sadder by the hour.
>If wasn't for Tomoya returning to her after being healed by Megumi, who knows how much time would have passed before they even talked to each other again, let alone fixed their relationship again.
Now you're just speculating instead of looking at facts. He got over it and everything worked out fine. Get over it and stop picking at old wounds that aren't even wounds anymore.

>She was just lucky Tomoya could find comfort and new hopes in someone else. Let's put it this way; if their relationship was ruined forever, she had every reason to blame herself
Jesus Christ. Stop speculating and acting like you are the author himself. You don't know what would or what could had happened. You still refuse to see what did happened and choose to ignore how it all worked out in the end, to the point Tomoya realized what Eriri and Utaha did was for the best.
>>
>>133982340

Maruto doesn't strike me as a great planner. Volume 9 struck me as him buying time.
>>
>>133982406
Because you aren't an extremist and a Megumifag?
But that post started a fight and maybe it was the long-term effort of the troll replying to himself.
>>
>>133982772
>And you know this how?
Really? This is called knowing the scenario in front of you.

>Tomoya would still be depressed as hell.
Yes, but
>not to the point of wanting to quit definitely with Megumi still with him.

>so the plot will always be against her no matter how close she gets.
That's what not I remember from those infamous shitstorms. It was just them blaming the author for not making Eriri win.

>>133982806
You now sound like a bad case of an Eriri apologist. I love how you deflected all reasons I exposed only to repeat yourself again in your UR A HATER, Eriri dindu nuffin! speech.

>The best you're doing is grasping at straws by trying to criticize her for not doing what you would like her because you think she would be better if she did this and that
And the best you're doing is grasping at straws by deflecting all the other choices she could have logically made based on her OWN experience to avoid hurting Tomoya, strawmanning it as them being invalid because you assume it would be just something that I would personally like. It doesn't work like that. Not being by his side means nothing more than what I already said, the lack of development in that front and her not even trying to fix the damage she caused. Running away like a coward isn't something I would be proud of. Are you saying that her getting mentally stronger is a bad thing now?

>Now you're just speculating instead of looking at facts
>You still refuse to see what did happened and choose to ignore how it all worked out in the end,
Nice deflections again. Too bad I never ignored facts. I'm questioning the possible consequences Eriri's actions could have entailed if external factors didn't come to play and how other plausible choices would have showed a much stronger side and development for her character. You're the one downplaying cause and effects, defending Eriri under the premise the drama ended on a good note and so she is blameless for everything.
>>
File: 64355.jpg (171KB, 1453x1024px) Image search: [Google]
64355.jpg
171KB, 1453x1024px
>>133982276
>Implying you saw this coming
Maruto will surprise us. Only plot-wise I guess.
>>
Megumi a shit.
>>
>>133984695
You're late, retard-kun.
>>
>>133984743
I'm sorry I didn't notice the thread before.
>>
>>133984695

She sort of is.

>Eriri is willing to apologize and wants to meet her
>Megumi refuses to meet her for months
>>
>>133984076
Holy hell you are impossible.

Neither of us are gonna budge and I don't have time for this crap anymore.
>>
>>133985087
>Eriri stole the glasses Megumi gave Tomoya
>Tomoya still gives Eriri special treatment despite all

I would be pissesd too.
>>
>>133985409

Eriri got permission from Tomoya. Sounds like Megumi's just jealous.
>>
File: 1447870567301.png (311KB, 560x690px) Image search: [Google]
1447870567301.png
311KB, 560x690px
>>133985087
>Eriri doesn't try to schedule a meeting by herself
>>
>>133985936
I think it is fairly obvious Megumi was jealous. Tomoya commented how she as being sarcastic and vindictive because of it, iirc.
>>
Reminder that Megumi has no feelings for Tomoya-kun.
>>
>>133986008

She's really, really busy.
>>
File: SaeKano_09_05.jpg (477KB, 987x1503px) Image search: [Google]
SaeKano_09_05.jpg
477KB, 987x1503px
Eriri should get together with best boy instead
>>
>>133986270
They study in the same school.
>>
>>133986304
No one likes Iori.
>>
>>133986229

No, by volume 9 it's almost completely certain that she has feelings for him. The problem is that Tomoya has no romantic feelings for anyone at the moment.
>>
>>133986309

Not that, she's busy drawing.
>>
>>133986587
She's not drawing when she's at school.
>>
>>133986802

She avoids Eriri at school.
>>
>>133986345
>even his own sister dislikes him for working her so hard
>>
>>133976706
Yes.
I love love letters.
>>
>>133986345
>"Well, you could always ensure the overall quality by extending the release date...but you've got to think that one through. The shelf life of otaku contents are very short, okay? Unless it's a big title, each volume of a light novel needs to be released no longer than six months apart, and for anime it's two years. If it's a game series, not releasing one game every year runs the risk of it being forgotten...according to a certain industry heavyweight."
>"In other words, we will have to do yearly releases...we must release something this year huh?"
>"Yeah, it's pretty much how you have outlined in the proposal...especially for Blessing Software, the reception of your last game will be quite beneficial. If you missed such a perfect opportunity, you might never be able to surpass the first game."

>"As time passes, a predecessor will change from a 'legend' to a 'burden' for its successor...for Blessing Software to succeed, you might have to remove your drawing card."

>Tomoya comments that Iori thinks about these things more seriously than he has expected. Iori says that he wouldn't have made this far if he couldn't even do that much, since he has no creative talents.

>"I don't mind hard work if it meant I could make money happily."
"What the..."

>Although those slightly contradicting words bother me a little...
>I have taken Iori's seemingly sincere advices to heart.
>And I can finally envision the new form of our circle.
>The only person who can take over my role as the producer and director, is this guy right here...

Iori is quite likeable I reckon. He's pretty honest about a lot of things, especially to Tomoya.
>>
>>133988907

And yet Megumi still treats him like shit because he called her out on being manipulative.
>>
Are there translations of the light novels, guys, or do you peeps discussing can all read japanese?
>>
>>133990080

We can all read Japanese. Don't underestimate /a/.
>>
>>133990914
No underestimation, I'm just disappointed by the lack of Utaha in this conversation.
>>
>>133992403

Well, she's just completely irrelevant. Even someone who's only watched the anime can tell you that, and that is despite all the marketing.
>>
>>133992403 On a good side Utaha has a very good side manga.
>>
File: 002.jpg (166KB, 900x1280px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
166KB, 900x1280px
>>133993056

That she's in danger of losing.
>>
>>133976706
There are much better ways to spend your time.
>>
>volume 9
>Eriri is the cancer killing Saekano
A S3 would be excruciating.
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.