[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck was this suc a smash hit and sold so well in Japan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Duyhhtw.jpg (74KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
Duyhhtw.jpg
74KB, 500x708px
How the fuck was this suc a smash hit and sold so well in Japan?
>no high school setting or harem
>no generic male lead to self-insert into
>western influence up the ass
>jazz soundtrack
>no over the top fanservice/yuri/homo pandering
Is this just a rare case of Japan not having incredibly shit taste for once? I'm so glad it did as well as it did. Maybe there's hope for a second season.
>>
>>133974229
I forgot this. Did the final episode ever air?
>>
>>133974229
>>no generic male lead to self-insert into
>>>no over the top fanservice/yuri/homo pandering
what the fuck did you even watch the show
>>
>>133974396

Like 7 months after the anime finished.

That ending was a major clusterfuck just like the anime.
>>
it was luck
>>
>>133974229
>western influence up the ass
Thats why anime is dying. One or two years latter and there would be obligatory gay/black/feminist character in every animu.
>>
It was fujoshi's favourite that season just so you know
>>
This feels like a bait thread, also
>jazz soundtrack
There was jazz to be sure, but it was only one or two songs on an extremely varied soundtrack. Did you actually watch it? It sounds like you're repeating shit second-hand that's not necessarily accurate to get people to whine about normalfags. It was a good show, you fucker.
>>
>>133974776
>implying
Call me whe stuff like this and Space Dandy are the majority of most seasons. 1 show doesn't mean anything
>>133974594
Found the shitposter using buzzwords.
>>
Fujoshi chicken
>>
>>133974857
This. Only reason it sold well.
>>
>Bones
>Unique Setting and style
>Some what unique characters
>Comedy
>Excellent OP/ED
>Decent animation throughout
Generally a good show, didn't really understood the ending but I'm just a retard

Nothing wrong with good shows selling well
>>
>>133976010
it was above average at best

the only good thing about it was the artstyle and direction
>>
>>133976056
It was great, faggot
Sorry for your shit taste
You probably like that forgettable boring kyoanus shit from the same season
>>
>>133976056
agreed
>>
>>133976432
Was that when Hibike or Amagi aired?

Amagi was garbage, Hibike is the only good Kyoani show from the last 4 years
>>
File: blacklgn2.jpg (16KB, 369x206px) Image search: [Google]
blacklgn2.jpg
16KB, 369x206px
>>133974776
>obligatory black character
But I liked Dutch and Wiley
>>
>>133974229
I guess it was just good
>>
File: 1447855914569.png (292KB, 602x634px) Image search: [Google]
1447855914569.png
292KB, 602x634px
>>133976432
I agree kekkai was great, but don't diss other to make your opinion stronger, Hibike was surprisingly decent, even if i'm no fan of kyoani
>>
File: Owtheedge.jpg (12KB, 331x152px) Image search: [Google]
Owtheedge.jpg
12KB, 331x152px
>hating on Jazz
>Unironically liking haremshit animes

sure is >>>/v/ in here.
>>
The show was pretty boring desu. The ending was yet another standard BONES ending.

>>133977505
>animes
>>
>>133975894
Please, the ending was all over the place. Did we really need MC running through the city and meeting all of his friends at one point or another only for them to tell him rehashes of what he's supposed to have realized already through his growth? Did all the supporting cast need to sort of just become mouthpieces for talking points about the MC rather than having their own bits to deal with? Sure they fight the ghouls, but their appearance is more characterized by their redundant advice rather than any real situation of their own.

The last episodes were messy. Even if you call this a subjective point, it's clear from a production standpoint they had issues. We had one clipshow and soon after a weird pr thing to pad things out.

It wasn't bad, but you can't just categorically call their perception of it being a clusterfuck buzzwords. They clearly had reason to think so.
>>
>>133977576
>"Correcting your spelling means that I won"
Typical haremfags.
>>
It was pretty boring tbqh
>>
File: 1431202623707.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1431202623707.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>133977505
>>hating on Jazz
>>Unironically liking haremshit animes
When did either happen in the thread? Put a little more effort into these, there's barely anything to bite.
>>
>>133978041
If you present memes as an argument, don't be surprised if people respond to you with memes.
>>
>>133974229
>smash hit
I don't know what board uses this phrase, but go back there.
>>
Best ED this season
https://youtu.be/j3SlUmr_T4g
>>
>>133974229
What's name of this gook cartoon?
>>
>>133978389
In the time it took you to type that question and possibly solve a captcha, you could have learned the name of this cartoon as well as 5 others from google.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.