[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Ball > Dragon Ball Z Discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

File: General Blue.png (92KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
General Blue.png
92KB, 300x450px
Dragon Ball > Dragon Ball Z

Discuss
>>
File: Mercenary Tao.png (293KB, 451x809px) Image search: [Google]
Mercenary Tao.png
293KB, 451x809px
>>133966002
Also best villain.
>General Blue
>Mercenary Tao
>Pilaf
>King Piccolo
and I think i'm missing one.
>>
>>133966002
Nah Dragon Ball Z is better.
>>
File: GeneralBlueHuntingGang.png (201KB, 621x480px) Image search: [Google]
GeneralBlueHuntingGang.png
201KB, 621x480px
>>133966185
Sure it is.

Also let it be known i'm not saying DBZ is bad I like it.

I'm just saying DB is better in certain aspects.
>>
>>133966002
Dragonball seemed more about humans doing extraordinary unrealistic things.
>>
Dragon Ball = Dragon Ball Z (literally)
>>
>>133966246
This.

Tbh, still think dbz was planned from the beginning anyway.

Major Metal guy's scanners identify Goku as an alien for fuck's sake.
>>
>>133966002
>x > y
hurr durr great analysis great thread have a reply

fuck off /v/
>>
File: General Blue Charge.jpg (17KB, 422x258px) Image search: [Google]
General Blue Charge.jpg
17KB, 422x258px
>>133966340
Ah see?
But my plan worked, you bit the bait anyway.

The best way to grab people's attention on this site it seems is to say something stupid.

This was all just a ruse to discuss dragon ball
>>
>>133966235
Dragon Ball Pros
>cared about the Dragon Balls more
>more Japanese culture
>funnier
>way more lewd scenes
>Yamcha was a badass
>more adventure

Dragon Ball Z Pros
>better fights
>space travel
>better villains
>good back story for Goku and Piccolo
>new great characters

Dragon Ball Cons
>Has a lot more filler
>never explained certain things till Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball Z Cons
>you have to wait for Goku like he is Christmas
>Many Dragon Ball characters become useless
>the wait for an attack to charge up
>Chi Chi becomes a bitch

I still like Dragon Ball Z more though.
>>
>>133966328
I agree. They hint it. Another time is Oolong says "is this kid some sort of alien?" when he is knocked out from being the Great Ape.
>>
>>133966612
>Yamcha was a badass
What were his badass moments after the first Dragonball hunt?

What fights did he win? And please explain exactly how he won them.
>>
>>133966657
>Another time is Oolong says "is this kid some sort of alien?"
Is that something from the original Japanese version, or something the English translators put in knowing full well what happens at the start of DBZ?
>>
>>133966795
How come almost everyone who watches Dragon Ball only watches like the first 13 episodes?

It gets so good after that.
>>
>>133966002
both are shit
>>
>>133966823
Not sure. Maybe some weeb can help us. I am genuinely curious about that.
>>
Dragon Ball = Heh
Dragon Ball Kai Z = Heheehahahah good
Everything else = sjhfabjfasjbsfjhrfbfbt
GT = PFFFFT
>>
File: [Shitposting Loudly2].gif (665KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
[Shitposting Loudly2].gif
665KB, 500x280px
>>133966870
>>
>>133966870
Then go away asshole.
>>
Dragon Ball > Boo Arc > Sayain Arc > Frieza Arc >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cell Arc
>>
>>133966906
Redditor found
>>
>>133966612
>Dragon Ball Cons
>Has a lot more filler

this is a lie because having more filler than DBZ is literally impossible.
>>
>>133966928
Why do hate the Cell Saga, that is one of the best.
>characters that were useless actually are useful in some way
>best written one
>we got Trunks
>Gohan was the peak of badass
>Cell was a great villian
>>
>>133966968
>this is a lie because having more filler than DBZ is literally impossible.

Dragon Ball Z filler is a meme. If you watch the whole series like me you can see there are many episodes that aren't that important to anything at all.

Heck, the filler was only a Dragon Ball Z anime problem not manga or Kai.
>>
>>133966851
I'm seriously asking that because whenever Yamcha was mentioned to be so badass, all I can think about is how he put up a good fight against Goku (when he was low on energy due to not eating), he helped save Bulma from Boss Rabbit (a filler story that only got Bulma into a different set of clothes), and how he knew to cut off Goku's tail because of a scene he saw of him with Chichi. After that, WHAT does he do that's so cool? He loses to Roshi in the quarterfinals of the tournament. He doesn't do anything to help against the Red Ribbon Army. He wins one fight against Fortuneteller Baba's fighters which he only won because of Krillin's plan to flash Bulma's boobs and make Roshi have a nosebleed, and then gets utterly rekted by Bandages. He loses to Tien in the quarterfinals of the tournament and has his leg broken, leaving him unable to do jack shit during the King Piccolo arc. And then he loses to Kami in the quarterfinals of the tournament.

Yamcha could have just been written out of Dragon Ball or just remain a villain of the desert and then got left behind, and the series would be no different than it is now, maybe even better because we wouldn't have this dead weight around.
>>
>>133966328
>Major Metal guy's scanners identify Goku as an alien for fuck's sake.
Only done in the anime. I have no idea if they actually knew that Goku was going to be an alien at that point, but that scan calling him an alien was not in the manga.
>>
>>133967081
If it's in the manga it is not filler.
>>
>>133966612

>More Japanese culture

I don't think you've watched Dragonball. At least not a whole lot of it.
>>
>>133966002
state your reasons faggot.
>>
>>133967262
OP can never do that. He is too much of a faggot.
>>
>>133967262
>>133967381
see
>>133966412

If you want something costructive though go here
>>133966612
Not my post though.
>>
>>133967023
>>characters that were useless actually are useful in some way
yeah just a few moments, who cares.
>>best written one
Who cares, nothing is well written in Dragon Ball, and you would watch someone else
>>we got Trunks
Why. What's great about him. He is just another srsbusiness character
>>Gohan was the peak of badass
Why
>>Cell was a great villian
Why
>>
>>133967153
Not him, but the reason I like Yamcha is because I have a soft spot for characters whose main purpose is to lose at everything. He actually is a really nice guy.

For what it's worth though, I do think Wolf Fang Fist is actually cool. An attack that isn't some variant of ki blasts is always nice.
>>
>>133966612
>Dragon Ball Cons
>>Has a lot more filler
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
Easily.
>>
File: 1448009892002.jpg (11KB, 251x247px) Image search: [Google]
1448009892002.jpg
11KB, 251x247px
>>133966945
>>
>>133966328

It wasn't planned. That's a common misconception. It was simply a reference to Ridley Scott's Alien that had just released in Japan at the time.
>>
>>133969513
I could've sworn that Toriyama said somewhere that he planned that Goku was an alien pretty early into Dragon Ball.
>>
>>133966002
Stop being contrarian. Z has the best arcs.
>>
>>133966968
There's a long ass section of filler called "The Red Ribbon Army Saga".
>>
>>133970159
No, he said that he would have LIKED to know that Goku was an alien from the beginning.
>>
>>133966612

>never explained certain things till Dragon Ball Z

What things?
>>
>>133969513
It's possible that Toriyama planned Goku to be an alien mid-Daimao arc though. Since Piccolo says "are you even human?" and Goku responds with "Maybe not. I have this tail after all", and an arc later Piccolo and God start speaking in an alien language.

So he may have started foreshadowing Goku's origin there, even though he obviously didn't plan it from the beginning.
>>
>>133970351
Well, the otherworld for one. Why Goku never decided to visit his grandpa Gohan after he died, though, is beyond me.
>>
DBZ was great as a kid but looking back DB is just way more enjoyable than AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[continue for the next 5 minutes]
>>
>>133970462
xD epic meme friend! lol!
>>
>>133970462
forgot to add to fuck these faggots posting "anime childhood stuff" on facebook and using super sayian goku as the image.
>>
>>133966612
Dragon Ball also has more varied techniques that weren't all beams.
>>
>>133967023
Cell is literally the worst villain.
>>
>>133970370
Goku was NEVER human, even before Toriyama came up with him being an alien.
>>
>>133966612
I think dragon ball had more interesting fights than Z with a lot more surprising techniques: tail flying and feet kamehameha.

DBZ has the speeches though that's a big plus for me that dragon ball doesnt have, but I dont think the dramatic speeches would work for Dragon ball anyways.

I like them both about the same, if its not the dub though then I like DB more than z easily
>>
The one man red ribbon base raid was so fucking rad
>>
>>133967023
>characters that were useless actually are useful in some way
Like in most arcs.
>best written one
What? It's full of plot holes, asspulls and plot convenience. Much more than any other arc in the series. It's easily the worst written one, and yes that includes the Boo arc.
>we got Trunks
Trunks is a good character but his entire existence brings up plot holes.
>Gohan was the peak of badass
What? No he wasn't. He was literally a crybaby until he got mad (and this is literally the only reason retarded Gohanfags remember him for), then he was a fucking coward who gave up in the face of death after he was RESPONSIBLE for his father's death. And even after his dad convinced him to fight back, he STILL needed his hand held to finish the job.
>Cell was a great villian
Cell was the worst villain in the entire series. Nothing more than a rehash of previous ones.
>>
>>133970565
You're saying Goku wasn't a human, because....? He has a tail and can transform into a giant monkey? Oh, like that one guy had 3 eyes or that one other guy could turn into a werewolf?
>>
I gotta say I enjoyed DBZ far more than Dragonball, simply for the power ups.
that plus the opening rocked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EeBu0eXYjM
none of the DB songs got me as hyped.
>>
Why does one have to be better than the other? Could it possibly be just a matter of opinion?

They're different shows, with different goals.
>>
>>133970705
He was based on Sun Wukong, the monkey god who was kicked out of heaven for being a goofball that loved to fight.
>>
>>133970772
That's irrelevant. Freeza was based on Toriyama's editor, a human being. Goku was a human in-universe prior to the Saiyan revelation.
>>
File: GotenksSuperGhostKamikazeAttack.png (219KB, 623x396px) Image search: [Google]
GotenksSuperGhostKamikazeAttack.png
219KB, 623x396px
>>133970582
>I think dragon ball had more interesting fights than Z with a lot more surprising techniques: tail flying and feet kamehameha.
This is why Buu is the best arc of DBZ, it managed to make the fights really interesting again.
>>
>>133970817
It's not irrelevant when the entire first arc of Dragon Ball was a retelling of the Journey to the West.
>>
Dragon Ball offered a lot of interesting techniques and concepts that went unexplored. Characters also occasionally won by exploiting their physical traits, environment and technique side effects.

DBZ just had beams and "forms" for the most part. All characters fight almost the exact same way regardless of who they are. "Training" to achieve new forms and "holding the enemy" until the stronger fighters train is how every single fight is won.
>>
>>133970968
>a monkey-themed character and some other dudes travel around with some rich girl is everything there is to Journey to the West
>>
>>133970968

Bulma is Sanzang?
>>
>>133970919
I read that he was really over fight scenes at that point. It's cool that you can see him getting back to doing the kind of stuff he actually like drawing.
>>
>>133970302
as long as the general blue saga is not included as part of this you have a point there.

but otherwise you're a fag.
>>
>>133971074
It was a simplified version, but it was the main inspiration for starting Dragon Ball in the first place so I don't see he it's such a stretch to say that Goku was originally planned to be otherworldly in some way. Just because he's not human doesn't mean he's an alien, he could've been from the otherworld or some shit. Dragon Ball was super mystical with cats living in the clouds and portals to ice worlds and heavenly water, it's not a fucking stretch dude.
>>
>>133970996
>"forms" for the most part

I really hated how everything degraded into getting a new super saiyan form to beat the enemy, and how all the final bosses had multiple forms (which made Beerus quite refreshing compared with the other Z villains, nigga didn't have any extra form)
>>
>>133971149
I guess I like Tao and Blue, but otherwise it's a long stretch of nothing that relates to any thing else in the series, except for obviously Gero
>>
>>133970483
wat
>>
>>133966002
Dragon Ball > Dragon Ball Z until Namek arc > Dragon Ball Super > Dragon Ball Z post Namek arc
>>
>>133970302

Red ribbon saga is as much of a filler as the freezer saga was.
>>
>>133970302
The Red Ribbon Army Saga was not filler though, It's all in the manga
>>
>>133971319
>The Red Ribbon Army Saga was not filler though, It's all in the manga

I know, that's what makes it worse. It's the most daunting part of going back to Dragon Ball, for me.
>>
>>133971278

I still like the Boo arc better than Super
>>
>>133971342
Nigger, The Red Ribbon Army was great, it served a purpose as to how Goku got so strong early on after the tournament. JUST GO AWAY!
>>
>>133971394
Not in the anime, the pacing of the RRA arc in the anime made the Namek arc look fast paced.

In the manga it was great yea.
>>
>>133966002
I like them both, but I prefer Dragon Ball mainly because it's more about adventure instead of fighting. They're both better than Super and GT, we can all agree with that right?
>>
File: 1443758382855.jpg (55KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1443758382855.jpg
55KB, 500x374px
DB > DBZ > DBS > DBGT
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.