[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ think of Seven Deadly Sins? I'm sure a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 12

File: sevendead.jpg (71KB, 385x550px) Image search: [Google]
sevendead.jpg
71KB, 385x550px
What does /a/ think of Seven Deadly Sins? I'm sure a lot of people hate it because it's on Netflix now but I thought the world building was great and the characters were mostly interesting with cool designs, although the artstyle isnt great
>>
>>133955216
>Netflix
>>
I'm actually watching through it now. I'm really enjoying it.
>>
I loved it. Binge watched it on Netflix them binge read it to the current. Everytime I think it does something stupid (like the introduction of power levels) it totally pulls it off perfectly
>>
>>133955216
>>133956231
Fuck off, Netflix shills
>>
>>133956811
Sheep
>>
File: The_Seven_Deadly_Sins68_18_CR.jpg (423KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
The_Seven_Deadly_Sins68_18_CR.jpg
423KB, 1066x1600px
>watching
>the
>shitty
>adaptation

when will you plebeian cunts leave
>>
I watched up to episode 5, i've enjoyed it so far but i dont have a lot of motivation to continue because the main character is a generic overpowered gary stu and takes any tension from the plot.
>>
>>133956911
He seems to have a pretty interesting background if you keep watching or eventually read it... it still hasn't been completely revealed but they are getting there. All of the characters have really neat histories.
>>
>>133956835
>sheep
End yourself
>>
>animefags
>>
>>133957019
No
>>
>>133955216
It was a fun ride, not a masterpiece but better than most of its genre. It was kind of weird how King got so much more backstory and character development than all the other characters. The show feels like a string of ass-pulls but it moves so quickly you don't have time to mull over how bullshit their power spikes are.
>>
>>133957115
If you read it... it's much better
>>
fuck off animefags FUCK OFF

GET OUT
>>
>>133957019
poorfag
>>
>>133957022
>>133957165
Wow, 2 of the 3 cherry picked images that proves that the adaptation is bad.
>>
File: The_Seven_Deadly_Sins94_03_CR.jpg (608KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
The_Seven_Deadly_Sins94_03_CR.jpg
608KB, 1066x1600px
>lol howzer in fine in the anime guys don't worry about any kind of depth
>>
File: The_Seven_Deadly_Sins80_04_RHN.png (165KB, 906x1300px) Image search: [Google]
The_Seven_Deadly_Sins80_04_RHN.png
165KB, 906x1300px
>lol let's not even show what the perfect cube does in the anime

>>133957370
>and Dawn Roar is fine lmao
>>
File: The_Seven_Deadly_Sins83_16_CR.jpg (423KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
The_Seven_Deadly_Sins83_16_CR.jpg
423KB, 1066x1600px
>lol let's also completely fucking butcher Merlin's glorious teleportation reveal
>>
>interestingly designed city with some character?
>haha nah let's just make everything flat with blue tiles and disjointed-looking buildings
>good idea Tanashima-kun, have a promotion
>>
>>133957370
Yes, that was a good decision.
Drama over a character's death that turns out to not be dead is cheap and infuriating.
Hawk and Veronica should be dead too. If they weren't supposed to be dead don't make drama over their "deaths" to begin with.
>>
File: NT.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
NT.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>133957395
Also Oslo and his teleportation was too random in the anime, because they left out his first appearence. And town before Byzel with the falling cup too. I wanted to see that animated.
>>
File: so hard.jpg (64KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
so hard.jpg
64KB, 500x590px
I only like it because it panders to my giantess fetish.
>>
>>133959279
>Byzel
Vaizel
>>
I just realised we haven't seen Diane's ability yet. Creation is a Giant Clan ability, not her exclusive one. Like how any druid can use Purge.
>>
>>133955216
Loved it. Ban is husbando material.

I can't give it a 9 out of ten, because that would make it seem as if I'm saying it's a masterpiece, but since I said I loved it, giving it 5, which is "Good", or "average", would be undershooting a bit.

I'll go with 7 out of 10. For the action, and plot.
It's "sit through it in a single marathon, you'll like it" tier.

Again, subjectively speaking, I loved it, but in all honesty, I can't give it over a 7.5
>>
>>133957022
Do you ACTUALLY have any fucking idea how difficult it is to animate, and what type of strict workshop-type policies animation studios have?

It seems like you don't. Just saying.
>>
I love it

it's basically Final Fantasy Tactics: the show

>>133956231
what volume/chapter does it start if you just finished the anime?
>>
>>133961300
How hard it is to animate a still frame, anon? Tell me.
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>133957370
That's not what depth is.
>>
File: sheep.jpg (305KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
sheep.jpg
305KB, 1920x1280px
>>133957019
>>
Have you realised how perfect would the Seven Deadly Sins be as post-game bonus bosses in an RPG?

Diane: The most straightforward fight of the seven. Insanly high HP, Defense and Physical Attack with devastating Earth-based magical attacks. Her magic attacks deal less if you levitate, but her physical attacks instantly cancels levitation. Except for 2-3, all of her attacks hit the whole party, and they hit hard. At the start of the battle, she makes two golems to fight for her. They are slow and only use physical attacks. If you kill one, Diane rebuilds it after a few turns. Basically a test of endurance.

King: Laughable HP and Defense, but high Evasion and Resist. You have to destroy the pillow form of Chatiefol to be able to damage him, but it regenerates one turn later. He uses Fossilization and base form on 1 party member, Increase and Sunflower on the whole party, the latter every few turns for devastating results. He also has attack and healing spells.

Ban: Other than Speed and Physical Attack, his stats are not really impressive. Howewer, every turn your party loses some of their stats and he gains more. Also, he has passive Regeneration, and can't be killed. Only 2 way to win: When he hes just 5% of his HP left, he can be turned to stone with a fossilization spell. Also, Purgatory Fire and it's counterparts can block his regeneration for a turn. If he is under this effect, he can be killed.
>>
>>133961991
Gowther: Uses Confuse spell on the whole party every few turns, also uses at the start of the battle. Every one of his attack are taken as magical attacks. He is immune to physical attacks, but it can stun him. Also, he has a spell, targeting a single party member, that makes it temporarly forget random spells.

Merlin: You can't harm her, because she teleports away from physical attacks and cancels magic directed at her. She does this too whenever you attept to use a healing spell. She also uses 2 random experiments from her ~200 to fight for her. If you destroy one, she will summon an other one. The only way to defeat her is to figure out a way for the experiment to attack her. For example, you can use an opposite element spell on an elemental creature to make it attack Merlin. After the damage, she will destroy it and summon a random different one.

Escanor: You lose. Battle starts at morning, he is already powerful but with every turn gains more strength. By noon, your best attacks can't even scratch him. This is where you realise you hace to level up your party to the max and use the best gear in the game, than pray for mercy. At noon (7-8 turns in), he uses Sunshine to obliterate everything, then he is getting weaker every turn. If you could survive, you could easily defeat his night form.

Meliodas: Fight has two phases.
First: He has high Attack and Speed and Evasion. Every spell you use gets Full Counter'd back at you. Also uses enchantments.
Second: His stats skyrocket, but he can't use Full Counter anymore. Almost as powerful as noon Escanor, but with higher speed. At the end of the battle, he uses Revenge Counter at 1 HP. If any of your partymembes could survive, you could use any attack to finish him off.
>>
>>133956911
I made it about this far too, I don't hate it; I just don't care about it and will probably never finish it.
>>
>>133956911
>generic
How exactly is he generic?
Compared to other shounen I think he is actually quite different.
The most similar example would be Vash the Stampede.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.