[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ think of The Rose of Versailles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (90KB, 588x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 588x370px
What does /a/ think of The Rose of Versailles?
>>
>>133937295
It's great.
>>
>>133937295
Masterpiece
>>
>>133937295

Aged terribly.

Looking past that it's a very good childrens show tackling issues such as gender, heritage, birthright, master-servant relationship, class, and love.

Would recommend to pre-teen girls.
>>
>>133937441
>Aged terribly.
Nigga fuck you. It aged well for a 70s anime.
>>
>>133937295
I think highly of it.
>>
>>133937295
Recently rewatched it because of the BD release and still think its amazing.
>>
>>133937295
My favorite anime of all time and one of the greatest anime too, just what you expect from the master Dezaki.
>>
>>133937628
tfw Dezaki only did half of it, and part of the show went without any director since yakuza took care of Nagahama
>>
Based Toei
>>
File: oscar.jpg (269KB, 1012x568px) Image search: [Google]
oscar.jpg
269KB, 1012x568px
It's legitimate historical fiction. It's good that a work as good as that set precedence for the shoujo genre.

It looks wonky today, but feels that much more fresh. A must watch. The only reason I won't call it a masterpiece is that Utena is to a large degree descended from it ideologically, and beats it at its game.

Overall, it's a good study of what Chevalier D'Eon would have thought of the French Revolution had he lived to see it proper.

>mfw I play Fate/Grand Order and unlock this skill on Chevalier
>>
I really hated von Fersen who just kept returning every time I thought he was finally gone for good.
>>
>>133939604
He has my favorite line.

>You're wrong Oscar, there's only one kind of love in the world, the Love of Agony
>>
>>133938007
Im sorry sir but unless a girl who dress like a boy these two anime have nothing in common, i though and its my opinion that utena is just symbolism spouting and make the viewer feel "smart" but there is not overall message like ikuhara best work Mawaru Penguindrum wich are a true masterpiece
>>
>>133940110
Kill yourself.
>>
>>133939894
Mah nigga.
>>
I've been looking at it mostly for pretty dresses, but I've been considering getting into it for real.

What I want to know is if I should look at the anime or the manga, because they both start completely differently.
>>
>>133940898
Both.
>>
>>133940898
Which first though?
>>
>>133940933
Whichever you want.
>>
Fucking masterpiece. Still haven't managed to get the godlike OST, though. I can only find a shitty 1-disk drama soundtrack thing. For a 70s anime, RoV sure had amazing music.
>>
>>133940699
Why are you so mean to me anon ?

I just say my opinion, it dont deserve insult
>>
Gay as fuck
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.