[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I marathoned the first season of Oregairu and it's pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11

File: yuiyui.png (878KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yuiyui.png
878KB, 1280x720px
I marathoned the first season of Oregairu and it's pretty decent, has some great lines but stupid plot devices. Anyway, I just started the second season and holyfucking hell the quality increased 100% the animation of the first episode, the colors, everything.
It's even looking like a serious anime now. Can't wait to see delicious imouto in the new high quality.
>>
>>133914942
Imouto looks far less enticing in the second season, and less tan, don't get your hopes up.
>>
File: wtf.jpg (483KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
483KB, 1280x720px
>>133915010
My god, I just noticied that. What the hell happened?
The lines looks better. The old one has colors and lines that could easily be confused with those of an early 00's anime. New one is much more sophisticated, has better colouring and seem to have been done in higher resolution. But she's almost another character.

Yukinoshita got 10 times better, though. She was an extremely generic Senjougahara wannabe.
>>
File: iroha or death.webm (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
iroha or death.webm
2MB, 720x405px
Just you wait for best girl
>>
File: hik.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hik.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Hachiman's VA is absolutely fantastic so far, this two first episodes are already way better than the entire first season quality-wise. The problem is, Hachiman is so fucking badass now, hard to see him as a loser.
Also, everything is a lot more serious, whathefuck, this isn't a harem with stupid comedy anymore.
>>
>>133915879
Which Shakespearean play is this?
>>
>>133914942
>marathoned the first season
>not the first episode
>>
>>133915879
Are you trying to say that there is a girl better than Yui and Imouto? I doubt that but this gonna be good.
>>
File: Iroha.png (1MB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Iroha.png
1MB, 1400x1000px
>>133915914
Much Ado About Irohassu
>>
>>133915907
>badass
Nah, he's a straight fuck-up who masks his deep social anxiety with self-destructive behavior and emotional distance. The second season will make a big deal about this. Prepare for DRAMARAMA and crying.

>>133916009
Iroha and Orimoto are both top tear. Sakifags wish they could compete in the big leagues. The only real mistake this season is that Feel nerfed Yui's yuis.
>>
What made the 2nd season improve in looks so much? Is Studio Feel good or did they hire some talented freelancers or get a good director?
>>
>>133915907
He's just pretending to be a badass as a defense mechanism Anon

he's actually frail as shit and he protects himself by acting like he doesn't give two shits
>>
>>133914942
Be thankful you weren't around for the army.
>>
Orimoto is best girl.
>>
File: asagohan.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
asagohan.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>133916308
I think they have natually better artists and technology at their disposal, but they added some top-tier directing. Some scenes are so fucking well built, from sound effects to lightning. Plus, the way they approach the plot is completely reworked, they improved the quality to match the darker and deeper tone.

This asagohan scene and the pos-fake-confession scene where Yui cried, were masterfully directed, holy shit. I'm very impressed, did not expect this level of step up.

>>133916153
Well, it takes a badass, in a certain way, to act like that. His badassery comes exactly from the way he fucks himself up to fix things for other people.
>>
File: 2e7f9a6c900bcc21b9d6c919d5b53dee.jpg (401KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2e7f9a6c900bcc21b9d6c919d5b53dee.jpg
401KB, 1500x1500px
>>133915907
The whole season is basically about how 8man's tactics don't actually solve anything and it blows up in his face, forcing him to open up to others. It's definitely more drama than comedy, but that's how the source goes for the most part. A lot of people don't like that, but I liked seeing the consequences to 8man's actions. There are still some lighthearted moments though
>>
Second season took everything that was fun about the show and tossed it out.
Now its just literally an autism circlejerk inside their little club.
A lot of good unintentional comedy with that over animation though. That genuine scene was one of the funniest scenes this year. I was in tears.
>>
Reminder that 8man has no romantic feelings for Yukino
>>
>>133916308

They got two talented freelancers, Tetsuya Takeuchi and Ryo Araki to be the main animators. They're both good at animating character movements. The show's chief animation supervisor changed too IIRC.
>>
File: oregairu yuiyui8man.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
oregairu yuiyui8man.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>133917441
I see, I thought it must have been something like that. The only other Studio Feel show I remember watching was Yosuga no Sora which wasn't bad but it had tons of egregious side mouth. S2 of this had none and really realistic character acting that surprised me because I don't see much of it in anime.
>>
>>133914942
Did the LNs end already?

Who won?

I stopped caring when the anime ended.
>>
>>133917606
They haven't even caught up to the anime.
>>
File: irohasu or death.jpg (174KB, 450x860px) Image search: [Google]
irohasu or death.jpg
174KB, 450x860px
>>133916009
You have no idea friend.
It's a suicidal ship, though.
>>
>>133917606
Latest LN is Volume 11 and it ends right where the anime does. 12th might be the last
>>
File: Iroha.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Iroha.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>133916059
>>
>>133917671
Well that makes sense. I guess when one of the girls wins I'll notice the shitstorm here in /a/.
>>
I just finished watching this season, too. Yukino's older sister is fucking frightening.

Although this is the opposite of what most people think, I preferred the art direction of the first season. It looked and seemed more inviting than the way it is now.
>>
Why didn't either Yui or Yukino just sit 8man down and tell him "look, I know you might not care about yourself but I care about you and it hurts me to see you act this way. It may not be my place to say anything but is still the truth"

It is obvious that he was really hurting their feelings for a while there. Also why can't Yui and Yukino just talk out what feelings they may or may not have for 8man? It would remove tons of drama and foster a stronger relationship.
>>
>>133918223
>what is Japanese culture?
If you want people to talk about their feelings and address things directly then you're watching the wrong form of media.
>>
>>133918297
Yeah, by ignoring what 8man was doing to them and himself almost tore them apart and now they have a love triangle on their hands. This all could have been avoided.
>>
>>133918223
>>133918365
They're all terribly dysfunctional people. The reason Sensei put them together in the first place was so they could rehabilitate each other. Yui always had trouble with asserting herself and letting others know how she felt.
>>
File: 1446703104794.png (157KB, 516x440px) Image search: [Google]
1446703104794.png
157KB, 516x440px
>>133915879
My nigger.
>>
>>133918557
I know that much but I wish it could have been prevented as I want them to be together in the end. It is unlikely if the handling of the love triangle follows reality. Love triangles destroy relationships between emotionally well balanced people, these three are the last ones who should be in one.
>>
>>133918828
That's part of the reason why they're hesitant to acknowledge their stronger feelings; pursuing them would end up hurting someone
>>
I want to sniff Yukino's feet while she insults me.
>>
>>133914942
Anon, anon, don't you know by now? Anime blow all the animation budget on the first and last episode. The rest is QUALITY that maybe will be fixed with the DVD release. The ninjas taught me that.
>>
>>133918856
I don't want to see either girl hurt. I don't want him to choose or explore what they feel/ I think he would be the happiest not doing so but he rejected that sort of lie. There is no way around Yui, she has been in it for mostly the romance since day one but Yukino shouldn't have fallen for him too. Unless she let's go of those feelings without confrontation I can't see a good end.

I am not entirely positive 8man is aware of the love triangle even though Yui and Yukino are.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.