[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stick Your Dick In A Power Socket And Die

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 17

File: 282026-aliya06.jpg (1MB, 2524x1878px) Image search: [Google]
282026-aliya06.jpg
1MB, 2524x1878px
Finally got around to this in my backlog.
I'm 2 episodes in, I have no fucking idea what's going on, and I love it.
Am I ever gonna be able figure out what the hell any of all this means or is this one of those you shows that filthy western swine like myself couldn't ever hope to comprehend?

Also, Backlog Thread.
What are you finally watching, /a/?
>>
Read the LN.
Including the prequel, that's around 30+(still ongoing) books with an average 500 pages.

See you in half a year.
>>
>>133886397
>500
Correction, make that 700
>>
The first four or so episodes are a lot of infodumping, it ramps up a bit after that.

Stuff will start to make sense if you pay attention.
>>
>>133886260
Yes, if you watch more than two episodes
>>
The debate between Toori and Masazumi is the best scene to focus on if you want to comprehend Season 1, and the series in general.
>>
It doesn't actually make any sense for the longest time, which is definitely a flaw in the series.

Once it clicks though slightly before the halfway mark of S1, it's smooth sailing from there. S3 never ;_;
>>
>>133886260
Lucky you. I watched it a while ago and kept on watching it because everyone was raving how good it was. I hated it through because I could never get over how utterly retarded everyone else except the super special snowflakes main cast was. Other than the initial debate, everything else became a chore as the ever increasing fights and later negotiations just became an insult to common sense.
>>
File: 1448045245636.jpg (660KB, 850x1143px) Image search: [Google]
1448045245636.jpg
660KB, 850x1143px
>>133886532
>>133886553
Okay, I'll do my best pay attention. In all honesty, I could keep going all the way to the end of the 2nd season and be perfectly content just so long as I got to see more of this gift from the gods.
Also, I'm digging the fact that ridiculous MC-kun is apparently very important in this clusterfuck social system. Were he running for office in our world, he'd have my vote.
>>
>>133886670
>insult to common sense
The series pretty much outright states that nobody has any common sense. And I think that's fine, since it's an entirely different world with a different sense of values. It is, however, internally consistent with its own brand of logic, which is what actually matters. Whether you can get used to that or not plays a big role in your ability to enjoy Kawakami's works.
>>
>>133886954
Okay, see that's a very intelligent and educated sounding rebubtle.
You sound like a dude who knows his shit, so could you clarify something for me? I get that the backstory is that there used to be two "planes" and they smashed together and fucked shit up. And there's also a lot of talk about humans transcending god and what not.
Is that why there's a naked, dickless demon guy and a talking blob, on top of the chicks with wings and other nonsense?
>>
>>133887088
http://pastebin.com/fSp9FpaD

Horizon takes place in Genesis, all the other races and stuff comes from Ahead IIRC
>>
File: n.jpg (97KB, 480x334px) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
97KB, 480x334px
Nah that's pretty normal OP

I didn't understand fucking head or tail of the plot in my first watch of it. Like right around the bit where Honda's dad did his thing I was pulling my hair out from questioning why the protagonist had fuck all screentime in the first 5 episodes. But that's just the way this series is, with such a huge cast they have to jump around more instead of sticking to one character
>>
>>133887170
Oh thank fucking Christ.
Bless you good sir, I'll save that and try to put the pieces together on my own and check that throughout if I'm super confused by something, which I suspect will happen frequently.
I have nothing of value to repay you, so I'll just post more best girl.
>>
File: 1448123663204.png (88KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1448123663204.png
88KB, 1000x1200px
>>133886670
The problem is that the anime doesn't explain itself pretty well because how much it has to cover from the LN.

Also, the main cast aren't really special snowflakes at all and the people in other counteries are usually stronger than them.
>>
>>133887088

Thousands of years ago (around the 21st century) humanity discovered multiple alternative dimensions, inhabited by different races. There was war and shit got fucked up and at the end the alternative dimensions got smashed together/destroyed forcing all the other races to inhabit the human dimension, this also added their special laws of physics to our dimension.

Afterwards there was much technical progress to the point where people ascended to a higher being of existence and everyone left Earth for space. They then had an epic war which crippled their technology and they were forced to return to Earth, which had been fucked up in their absence. They could only live in Japan so to make space for everyone to live they copied Japan to an alternative dimension giving them double the space. Few hundreds years before Horizon starts there was another fuck up that destroyed the alternative Japan.
>>
OP are you watching the Hadena fan subs?

They are the only group that actually has read the light novels before subbing the show.
>>
>>133887374
Nice trolling, but the Hadena joke is just too old at this point.
>>
File: hadena.jpg (666KB, 2132x1804px) Image search: [Google]
hadena.jpg
666KB, 2132x1804px
>>133887374
Hadena is a classic.

Good times.
>>
>>133887396
Oh thank god, I wasn't in any of the threads when this was airing, so I was about to try and go find them.
I mean, Commie's no prize either, but at least I get what's going on and was able to get the BD rips so I don't have to deal with bullshit white splotches.
I mean, an over the shirt tit fondle is too hot for tv? For fuck's sake Japan.
>>
File: Backstory.jpg (572KB, 2435x3555px) Image search: [Google]
Backstory.jpg
572KB, 2435x3555px
>>133887250
I loved Horizon plot and profound backstory
>>
>>133887485
I think there was an actual project to make a sub more close to the LN translations, but it's still on editing.
>>
>>133887495
Sweet jesus...
That is one engaging backstory...
>>
File: Horizon2A_626.png (227KB, 773x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Horizon2A_626.png
227KB, 773x1200px
I'm still sad that the anime cut potatoes.
>>
>>133886954
No, you're misunderstanding something. It's not the world-building that's an insult to common sense, it's how nobody except the main cast have any sort of intelligence or creativity. Everyone just keeps spamming the same damn moves over and over again except the main cast. Everyone is supposed unbelievably intelligent, yet they fall for incredibly petty tricks as if it is the most brilliant keikaku ever. The gravity manipulator maid used her powers in exceedingly overpowered and creative way while Blood Mary used it to only control daggers and move in overly predicable ways with fucking gaps. And let's not get started on the unbelievable stupid resolution the sister's arc got. I want to enjoy the series but I kept banging my head against the wall over the utterly moronic actions most of the non-main cast had taken.
>>
>>133887250
There was a detailed backstory posted here one thread weeks ago based on one that was lost when the archive went down, I can look for it if you want.
>>
>>133887703
What are you talking about? The main cast lost like half of the matches they had in the first two seasons. And they even get to lose even more in next arcs.

And I think you are mixing characters here because there wasn't any Bloody Mary who used daggers with gravity manipulation. And if you are talking about Walsingham, Nate lost against her the first time.
>>
>>133886397
>Implying anyone has time for that while keeping up with other series and personal shit

If it was completed I'd reconsider.
>>
>>133887703
I think you made a wrong first impression and went with it without even trying to understand what you were seeing, because in Horizon everyone, the other countries included, are thinking outside the box and making up new tactics all the time.

Hell, I have seen people actually complaining that it happens too much and saying that the fights are usually one side outwitting the other or trying crazy approachs until the fight ends.
>>
>>133887859
Owari no Chronicle was fully translated by js06.
>>
>>133887797
It was to show how supposedly powerful those enemies are, and to which the main cast ends up winning in the rematch as per standard trope. Just tell me a time when any of the non-main cast every used their powers in a creative way instead of spamming the same move over and over again.
>>
>>133887863
Refresh my memories then, tell me an outside the box tactic that the other countries have used in the anime then.
>>
>>133887703
I question whether you actually watched the series since all named characters are either OP or use their powers in creative ways. Heck, most of the main cast loses at least once before getting a win in.

Also, if you're complaining about Valsignam, then it's both a case of you having shit comprehension and the anime not having the long combat explanations and internal monologues every character has mid-battle in the novels.

Pro-tip: Just because Kazuno could create giant swords and a gun out of concrete doesn't mean that she's superior to Valsignam or vice-versa. They're just a different combat styles with different cons and pros.
>>
>>133887944
>>133887901
The whole Armada Battle was Tres España and Musashi outwitting each others to the end. And Felipe overall came across as a better tactician too.

Hell, at the end Musashi won because Mary and Tenzou showed up and Excaliblasted the San Martin. If it wasn't for that, Tres España would have won, so it was pure chance at the end.
>>
>>133887944
The whole Armada Battle was as outside the box as you can get. It even began with an outside of the box reasoning to save Tres España for the decline that was going to be imposed by history recreation.
>>
>>133887998
Actually, I think they managed to save Tres España from the decline. They only lost one San Martin I believe.
>>
>>133888132
Honestly even losing more than one San Martin wouldn't have cost Tres España too much. From the moment Felipe replaced most of the Armada with old fishing boats their loses were already minimized.
>>
>>133887901
>>133887944
Drake vs. Gin. Something that happened after a Musashi member got defeated so hard that even her thinking outside of the box tactic didn't work. And she never got a rematch either.

Same with how they never defeated Ben Jonson at the start of the arc, or how Urquiaga lost against Nicholas Bacon. There are tons of examples, Musashi win count isn't that great.
>>
>>133888132
>>133888204
Yes, they lost the San Martins, but the actual armada was more or less intact at the end of the whole thing.
>>
>>133888204
Yeah, that was grat thinking from his part. The whole battle was one of those rare moments where I cheered for the enemies despite liking the protagonists
>>
>>133888343
Well, that kinda happens commonly with Kawakami. He almost never makes enemies who are just evil, they are just other side with their own objectives or problems that clash with the protagonists side.
>>
Is Owari no Chronicle any good?
>>
File: AHEAD_13_181.jpg (477KB, 1200x1760px) Image search: [Google]
AHEAD_13_181.jpg
477KB, 1200x1760px
>>133888423
Yes it is.
>>
>>133888401
i know. It only makes the lack of season 3 and Owari anime worse
>>
>>133888217
I always thought that fight between Gin between Drake was stupid. Why didn't his armament shut down Gin's ability to run, seeing as that was a common element in all her attacks?

He fucking jobbed hard in that battle
>>
>>133886677
>>133886260
Why would a knight wear a dog collar?
>>
>>133888622
Because she was that skilled that all the steps she did were different, so the Testamenta Arma couldn't follow her that well. It also worked a bit differently in the novel, the anime tried to simplify it.
>>
>>133888774
Then that makes the armament completely useless. If all you have to do is slightly vary your action each time then it's fucking pointless.
>No that wasn't a 90 degree kick, that was an 89 degree kick, you can't block it
>>
>>133888883
It doesn't because not many people are skilled enough at fighting to pull something like that against it. I would say that only Vice Chancellor fighers and people at Futayo level would be able to surpass it like that.

And in the novel, the banana peel was actually the Brachium Justitia - Vetus trying to counter Gin's feet, it just backfired because she used that to make up a new move.

As she says, the school of the Unparalled of the West is serious business.
>>
>>133888883
That would still be avoided, but Gin just had thousands of totally different moves ready to be used.
>>
>>133888684
She's the family pet.
>>
It makes no sense without reading the novels, but is carried by its god tier cast. Kimi in particular is the bestesr girl to ever be best girl
>>
>>133888976
Running is not a varied nor complex action in the relative scale of things. The amount of ways it can be performed effectively can be counted on one hand. If the armament cannot track locomotion this repetitive then it is simply ineffective. If a twist of the left foot in a stride holds the same validity as a diagonal slash instead of a horizontal one then this spectacle of blocking repeated moves doesn't fucking work.

It's just poor writing. Made to be OP when facing Malga and run of the mill when facing Gin.
>>
Years later, I still don't get this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOd2Bj_GYfk
>>
>>133889231
But it obviously does, and we are talking about people who has speed spells and stuff like that to help them (and you are seriously underestimating martial arts if you think that the different steps on them can be counted with one hand). Add that running it isn't directly part of an attack so it takes more to be nullified as it was explained, the same with breathing that is treated at the same level (both happened at the same time).

And as I already said, the banana peel was the Testamenta Arma nullifying Gin's movements, so what you ae saying definitely happened at the end. The anime just made it as if the weapon just nullified the offensive measures takes against it by directly stopping them, but actually the way it works it that it causes random events around the enemy that interfere in their offensive, like bees, random flowerpots falling or that banana peel.
>>
>>133889296
It was just a bluff countered by another series of bluffs. The deal that they reached at the end benefited both parties too.
>>
Tomo a best girl.

Girls that try to act innocent, but are actually huge closet perverts are my fetish.
>>
>>133888622
>>133888883
>>133889231
The anime made that Testamentaria Arma look more overpowered that it really is. It's not that quick against general actions, and the fight wasn't even that long even so. A skilled fighter like Gin would be able to do the trick using what the weapon throws on its favor.
>>
>>133889585
>Testamentaria
Testamenta
>>
>>133889574
Will you buy Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition to use her on your team?
>>
File: img_0697.jpg (305KB, 1106x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img_0697.jpg
305KB, 1106x1600px
>>133888622
>>133889585
It would be fun too see someone like Katsuie against Brachium Justitia - Vetus.

Drake would be wrecked though.
>>
>>133889926
Animus Varitas – Novum is actually overpowered on the hands of someone like Katsuie.

Brachium Justitia – Vetus (Right Hand) would be unable to act against it as the other Testamenta Arma actually stops all offensive and defensive actions for an instant. Add to that Katsuie's skill, resistance, explosive power and Kamewari.
>>
>>133890316
England is overall the weakest of the main countries.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFNDcc-FgjM

I mostly love how this show feels like it has a case of shots fired by Sunrise towards SHAFT as if to say "yeah see that thing you do where you like to make elaborate erotic fanservice scenes featuring Chiwa Saito that have basically defined your entire studio, well we can do that too and we'll even make it kind of fight scene".

Her ability is all but literally using the power of fanservice and traditional Japanese dance and the sluttier she acts the more impossible she is to land a hit on. She seems to have zero offense but she's pretty much the ultimate tank dodger.
>>
>>133886260
Thank me later
http://randomc.net/2012/06/30/kyoukai-senjou-no-horizon-retrospective-part-1-the-premise-the-world-episodes-01-06/
http://randomc.net/2012/07/04/kyoukai-senjou-no-horizon-retrospective-part-2-episodes-07-13-final-impressions/
>>
File: 1347387665321.png (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1347387665321.png
80KB, 500x500px
>>133890620
>She seems to have zero offense
She destroys your morale by exclaiming about how worthless you are.
>>
>>133890663
That's a bit outdated and has some wrong assumptions, but it really helped us a lot in the first days.
>>
File: Natsumi.jpg (104KB, 900x1138px) Image search: [Google]
Natsumi.jpg
104KB, 900x1138px
>>133890620

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsfQa7LVT1k

Aoi Kimi is definitely better than any of the SHAFT Chiwa Saito's. Sunrise has been using her longer than SHAFT has anyway, but that's kind of to be expected when a studio has only been relevant for maybe the last decade or so.
>>
Let's do a vaguely popular adaptation for a tome like light novel series that's vaguely popular at best but mostly just seen as impossible to adapt and do it strictly for the challenge of blending fuck tons of convoluted and jargon filled dialogue and action sequences and then not only succeed in adapting the unadaptable but turn it into yet another a 20K+ seller for our studio and immediately walk away from it just to show we can and just because since we have other shit we own that's even more popular.
>>
>>133891210
Too much work and Love Live happened. At this pace, I think that Studio 8 will never do an adaptation again. Even the new Accel World season will be anime original.
>>
>>133890620
She's kind of a crappy erotic dancer. All she is doing is rocking back and forth.
>>
Accel World 2 when?
Horizon 3 when?
>>
>>133892098
Do NOT talk shit about Kimi's erotic skills, it's just that Futayo doesn't deserve her best efforts is all
>>
>>133892098
You are just an uncouth barbarian who doesn't know about the erotism of traditional japanese dancing.
>>
>>133891210
To be fair, they had the author's help on Horizon
>>
>>133891975

Sunrise likes doing adaptations about as much as Shaft likes doing shows that aren't Monogatari sequels.
>>
>>133886260
The first four episodes take place in the same day, that's why is really confusing at first.
After that it gets only somewhat confusing.
>>
>>133889574
My nigga
>>
>>133892166
>Accel World 2 when?
Soon
>Horizon 3 when?
Never
>>
>>133895357
I think he wanted Accel World 2 being an actual adaptation of the LNs, not anime original.
>>
File: 1447256122761.jpg (176KB, 594x551px) Image search: [Google]
1447256122761.jpg
176KB, 594x551px
>>133895406
You're right, but it's better than nothing, isn't it?
>>
>>133895526
It would be hilarious if they made a new Horizon season and it was anime original too.
>>
>>133895599
Whatever, the script surely would be written by Kawakami, he loves his universe.
>>
I don't like Kimi
>>
>>133898297
Nobody does
>>
>>133887859
The prequel series is completed, and it's not actually directly related to Horizon.
>>
File: IMG_20151110_111030.jpg (172KB, 1017x1017px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151110_111030.jpg
172KB, 1017x1017px
>>133888883
You could probably do that, but the weapon smartens up after a while. Don't know if they explained that in the anime though.

>>133888132
If they don't just stop complying with the Testament completely, 3E is still going to decline. They definitively got off better than they could have though.

>>133889296
It was a bit more understandable in the LNs though. Not that you didn't still lose track of who's trying to jew who every other sentence.
>>
File: CJFlQoeUsAEHApg.png (194KB, 579x642px) Image search: [Google]
CJFlQoeUsAEHApg.png
194KB, 579x642px
>>133888423
OnC is a god-tier hidden gem LN, for all that's worth.
Shit is one hell of a ride.
>>
>>133895406

>Modern Sunrise Animation
>Straight Adaptation

Pick one.
>>
>>133890889

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yam-P8ROgk4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT9GYLEv7sI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KRSu_9DyHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3UEyKtzgHM

There's a surprising amount of vocal work she did for the show. The track that plays during Kimi's dance sequence is actually her singing apparently and sounds like something you'd here out of a 90's dance mix CD or DDR game.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.