[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what do you guys think about Heavy Object so far? Setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: hevfull.jpg (361KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hevfull.jpg
361KB, 1920x1080px
So what do you guys think about Heavy Object so far?

Setting is interesting and I like how it's trying to do mecha without the retarded humanoid Gundams, but so far it's been really mediocre.

Does it get better later like Index did?
>>
So when Index got better? I can't remember
>>
>>133878233
Around WW3
>>
>>133878233

Terra arc. And it stays good until WW3.
>>
Something feels off.
>>
>>133878128
>First episode was bad
>People say read the LN, is much better
>Reads the LN
>Is just as bad, just no moving pictures
Is garbage.
>>
>>133878418
It's good if you don't care about character development. Or writing. Or plot.
>>
>>133878418

First two episodes really are horrible.

It gets slightly better later but plot is still dumb as fuck.

Usual Kamachi. Good setting, good characters, horrible everything else.
>>
File: 1445426612223.jpg (184KB, 463x453px) Image search: [Google]
1445426612223.jpg
184KB, 463x453px
dropped it after 3 episodes
picked up again yesterday to get some obscure bullshit why a net of mines that was completely useless before just sunk that Tri-Core

just thinking of dropping it again
>>
It
Is
so
BORING

Holy shit
Index S3 fucking when?
>>
>>133880390

That was actually explained.

The main problem is how easy objects are to destroy after being hyped as some ultimate weapons.
>>
>>133878128
>Does it get better later like Index did?
>Index

hahahahahaaaaaa
lol
>>
>>133878128
Disappointing. should have just aired next year instead of making GATE end it's 2 cour run in such a bad place.
>outb4 HURR GATE SUCKS DURR!
>>
>>133878128
The way objects get destroyed is stupid. Big triangle thing? Some bullshit stuff about judo. The 0.5th gen? GODDAMMIT ELECTRICITY DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY.

>>133880614
GATE is much better than this trash
>>
File: Unbenannt.jpg (102KB, 778x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.jpg
102KB, 778x1014px
explain this shit
>>
>>133880614

GATE adaptation is horrible. No reason to care about it when you have the manga.
>>
>>133880885

The whole point was that with 2 of the 3 stabilizers damaged the thing could not balance properly.
>>
>>133881053
But Rory's voice makes my dick hard. That's enough reason for me.
>>
>>133880614
>>133880689

Tbh I can kind of see the gate political dynamics happening of we get Abe and Trump at the same time, still, the political shenanigans inside the gate are way more interesting than the combat or outside politics.

Also outbreak company was still better.
>>
>>133881135
Gate had some good stuff going, but I agree, Outbreak Company was better.

Politics just ruins the fucking plot. Remember what happened to Log Horizon?
>>
>>133881111
quads confirm Rory is best
>>
I forgot this shit was even airing
>>
>>133878128
That's a nice wallpaper.
>>
>>133878128
I'm liking it. It being a mecha series where the mecha aren't humanoid in shape is a bit different, which is nice. I also like that the focus is more on the two cynical smartarses and what they bring to the fight, rather than the mecha pilot like every other mecha show. The characters in general I like, really.

I also kinda like that an entire arc was set in the country I live in, which rarely even has its existence acknowledged in anime.

It's not without its issues, sure. As >>133880689 points out some of the ways the mecha get taken down is bullshit, but that's not exactly uncommon to the mecha genre, so whatever. But all up, enjoyable.
>>
>>133882912

I like how all the main characters are not japanese.

But story is completely retarded most of the time.
>>
>>133883298
>But story is completely retarded most of the time.
Personally, I can live with the story being retarded as long as it's executed entertainingly, which it has been so far.
>>
File: bad-boys.jpg (171KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
bad-boys.jpg
171KB, 1200x675px
>>133878128
It's great.

It was kinda meh in the beginning but it slowly gets better, this last episode was amazing. Havia and Qwenthur are one of the most enjoyable MCs I've seen in a while. I'm truly glad we got two bros instead of your typical "average" guy with the special snowflake girl that nobody cares about taking all the spotlight.

But then again I was always a sucker for bros doing wacky shit.

We finally finished Vol.1 of the LN I think.
>>
>>133881053
>GATE adaptation is horrible

Spot the edgy secondary.
>>
>>133883907
GATE is mediocre in any medium so who cares.

And if the LN is like the anime then it's just garbage, the manga is 100 times better.

And what the fuck does "edgy" mean you shitface? They're fighting in a war, people DIE you know? How is portraying people dying edgy? Are you seriously this stupid?

>Hey guise, war is edgy
>>
>>133884063
Probably he thought you're one of those
>GATE adaptation is shit because no gore!
people.
>>
File: 1404023145670.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1404023145670.png
2MB, 1600x900px
At first I thought the show was pretty fun, but after 8 episodes it got very boring and the main chracaters "banter" became repetitive because they either scream their lungs out or make "funny" jokes about female body parts and nothing else. I like the concept of "two bros doing crazy things", but sadly, it's poorly executed. I think I'll just drop it when 1 cour ends.
>>
>>133884131
I'm not even the same anon he was talking to, but his point is still retarded.

In the first invasion the romans kill hundreds of faggots, when the japanese army goes through the gate and annihilates the romans army we're talking about thousands of faggots.

If you don't show that it's just fucking stupid, the manga shows that war is awful, it shows how sexual slaves are treated and shit like that.

If you wash all that away to make it PG-13 then it's just garbage, you're making war look pretty and focusing only on muh fantasy girls
>>
>>133884131

It's shit because of many reasons.

But not showing people dying in a series about army and war is completely retarded.
>>
>>133884183

Yeah, if the entire series is them taking out objects with plot armor it's going to get very boring.
>>
>>133878128
Read the LN. It's the best Kamachi novel by a long shot and one of the best translated LN period. Unless you're not into mechashit and bros being bros of course.
>>
>>133884225

If it's his best he's really a bad writer.

I tried the first volume and it's pretty much 1:1 the exactly same stuff as in the anime.
>>
>>133884224
The entirety of index garbage is about Touma taking the strongest faggots with fucking plot armor.

>>133884295
You do realize LNs are not supposed to be judged by the first volumes right?
>>
>>133884183
Forgot to mention that they talk way too fucking much, it's just annoying and disctracting.
>>
>>133884295
>First volume
Okay
>>
>>133884210
>>133884211
Yeah I'm not siding with him or anything. Just feel like pointing that out.

In my opinion, they did good in the fight in the onsen. Other fights could be better but I enjoyed it anyway.
>>
>>133878128
A thousand times better than the shit Index is.

Havia and Qwenthur are millions of times better than Touma, the normal highschool boy.
>>
>>133884349
>talk to much
>repetitive jokes
Are you kidding me? That's your complaint? I mean really? Repetitive jokes are the bread and butter of anime and there isn't even that much talking compared to shit like mongatari or Subete which are 95% dialogue.
>>
File: a good boy.jpg (68KB, 501x600px) Image search: [Google]
a good boy.jpg
68KB, 501x600px
>>133878128
FIGHT WITH
FLESH AND BLOOD
SUCH WOW
>>
>>133880491
There are probably armchair engineers who can theorize the same but none with the balls to practically do it.
>>
It's shit and we won't be getting index for a long time because of it.
>>
>>133884681
Index is a bigger piece of shit
>>
>>133884560
Repetitive jokes can still be funny if they're well excecuted, in this show they aren't. Well, maybe they are to someone but since I'm not a fan of yelling and female body parts jokes I find it boring.
>talking compared to shit like mongatari or Subete which are 95% dialogue
I don't get this comparison, *gatari and subete are in completely different genre than HO. In the action series I want action, not tons of useless exposition.
>>
>>133884681

Index is dead. NT is selling like shit. Nobody will make more anime.
>>
>>133885551
Why did Kamachi had to ruin the serie like this?
NT should have been some kind of reboot
>>
>>133880689
Maybe you should actually read the subs.
>>
I really enjoy the show. If you think how outlandish it is for two mere soldiers to take down a massive object like that on foot then the show turns into a puzzle of just how they can pull it off.
Every mission introduces a new object with it's own unique characteristics that need to be overcome.

I'm enjoying it more than Gundam myself but that's just me.
>>
>>133884952
>Flied Chicken
>female body parts

>>133885551
The fuck are you smoking? NT is still selling fine and is well within the top 10% of LNs that got anime adaptations since Index II ended. Only current flavor of the season (which drops off after), SAO and Mahouka consistently outsell it.
>>
>>133878128
>mecha without the retarded humanoid Gundams
Then it's not mecha. Mecha is mecha because of the humanoid robots. Giant spherical tanks are not mechas. Go ask /k/ if a giant fat tank with 8 cannons is a mecha or a tank. They will tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>133880491
That's because they are Gen 2 Objects. Gen 1 Objects are the anti-personnel Objects and as such, meant to deal with flesh and blood humans and their vehicles. Gen 2 are Anti-Object Objects. They lose their generalization, and as such, became less effective against infantry level tactics.

Not to mention it is show how hard it is to create soft sci-fi weapons in real life without some super special verse-specific material that negates its drawbacks. Ever wonder why beam rifles in Gundam never suffer from their barrel's warping from the constant beam firing or how they solved that pesky square-cube law with giant robots?
>>
>>133884210
>You're making war look pretty
I mean, I'm not trying to say the manga made war look pretty, but let's not pretend it's some deep anti war manga, and not a nationalistic as fuck "Japan stronk" manga where all the fantasy people constantly suck Japan's dick over how everything they do is perfect, and was written by a guy who likely never saw any action while he served.

>muh fantasy gurls
And let's not pretend that half of the manga wasn't pointless nudity. They took every opportunity they could to shove tits in your face, even getting the one jsdf chick to wear less of her gear to show them off more.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.