[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know I'm incredibly late, but what did /a/ think of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

File: Blood-Blockade-Battlefront.jpg (37KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
Blood-Blockade-Battlefront.jpg
37KB, 600x401px
I know I'm incredibly late, but what did /a/ think of this? I started watching it yesterday and I have to say it's pretty fucking great. It was also really refreshing in a slew of RPG inspired shit onset by SAO.

I heard they fucked up pretty badly by delaying the finale by a couple months though. Does that mean there's no hope for a season 2? It's been several months and it seems like they're trying to let it die with a whimper to cover up the ending disaster. No word from anyone on its status it seems. Usually no news is good news, but I'm kind of worried this time around.
>>
AOTY.
>>
>>133860721
I definitely agree, I'm actually pretty surprised at how underrated it is. It's almost a crime that you get all this loli-shit that gets critical acclaim while this slips quietly through.
>>
>>133860841
>while this slips quietly through.

You missed the threads you nigger.

Also there's no hope of a 2nd season. The anime had a original ending. Actually white, I think that was the girl's name, doesn't even exist in the manga.
>>
>>133861372
For that matter; black as well. And their parents.

None of them exist in the manga.

Also it sold like shit in Nipland.
>>
>>133861372
I hate it when they do the anime-original shit. It almost always turns out poorly, see: Tokyo Ghoul Season 2. It's not necessarily a good thing to do the filler arc route, but it's better to not fuck it over so hard that it no longer can continue as a series. Really a shame.
>>
>>133861421
Nigga, are you insane? KS was one of the best selling shows this year.
>>
>delaying the finale by a couple of months
Wasn't it almost a fucking year?
>>
>>133861421
Japanese confirmed for fucking shit taste.
>>
>>133860361
Kekkai sensen Vol.1 22K
Euhphonium Vol.1 10k
>>
>>133861421
>and it sold like shit
Stop fucking lying
It was a top seller it's season and also one of Bones's best selling shows in a good while
In fact, the ending was delayed because they wanted to extend the final episode due to the show's success but they didn't have timeslots available until october to air the new extended episode
>>
>>133861523
Nah. That guy confirmed for fucking lying
KS sold a lot more than most of Bones' other recent shows
>>
I thought it was terrible, really disappointed me considering the director's past works.
>>
>>133861595
In what ways did you think it was bad? Not looking to start a shit flinging fest, just legitimately curious.
>>
>>133861586
Nips still confirmed for shit-taste even if it did sell well.

The anime was garbage.
Manga is way better.
>>
>>133861514
Considering it has barely been half a year since it first started airing, no.
>>
File: kekkai-sensen-manga-cover.jpg (691KB, 1271x1001px) Image search: [Google]
kekkai-sensen-manga-cover.jpg
691KB, 1271x1001px
>>133860361
This is now a Kekka Sensen OST thread

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-4-0GNdMbp60eEy3DWpVtFpRdBJCWgzn
>>
>>133861421
>Also it sold like shit in Nipland.
Am I in bizarro world?
Vol. 1 alone sold like 20k, it was one of the top 2 sellers of spring.
>>
>>133861641
The story wasn't very good in the first place, and the way it was told was flat out embarrassingly bad. Just such a mess. Characters were only as good as the story, and animation was held back by bad choreography. Great soundtrack though, I liked it a lot.
>>
>>133861865
I'd be really surprised if BONES didn't find some sort of way to continue the series. It seems a lot of people enjoyed the anime too, even with the manga being better and the anime being anime-original. But it's BONES, I wouldn't expect them to really know what anyone wants
>>
>>133861940
>>133861645

Here's your reply
>>
>>133861723
the Art is not goood in black and white. These covers are good.
>>
Did anon finish volume 10?
>>
>>133861514
It was three months.

>>133860841
>quietly
So basically you don't watch anime or pay attention to anime communities, but you think you know what you're talking about anyway?
>>
File: CS3mebxUAAA6D21.jpg (159KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CS3mebxUAAA6D21.jpg
159KB, 1024x1024px
I enjoyed it a lot, I wish there were more people who read the manga around the board since that's still ongoing.
>Does that mean there's no hope for a season 2?
It actually sold surprisingly well in Japan and still has a pretty active fanbase over there, the only reason I can think of for it to not get S2 at this point would be scheduling conflicts because there's plenty of material to cover. The biggest chances for an announcement are at Jump Festa in December, or more likely around January when a new chapter and the first volume of B2B comes out. I noticed that they plan those kinds of announcements around the manga release schedule to maximize sales so I wouldn't expect anything before then. Otherwise, I think Noragami didn't get S2 announcement until a year after it finished airing, so if there's no news by October of next year, you can probably assume it's over. But that's a ways off.
>>133861514
Three months.
>>133861940
If you were looking for a good story and cool action then I can see why you were disappointed, but I didn't particularly care about either of those and I don't get why it had to focus on those aspects to be "good".
>>
>>133862520
I saw a list of Bones' productions a while ago that made it look like they were pretty occupied for the next few seasons, so I wouldn't expect an announcement for a while.
>>
>>133860361

Best ED of the year by far.
>>
>>133862520
Thanks anon, this cleared a lot of things up.
>>
Which Dick would you Suck?
>>
>>133862573
I wish I had friends to just fuck around and dance with. Everyone looks so legitimately happy, it's just an amazing and fun ED.
>>
>>133862520
The plot was the focus, what the fuck else would it be? It didn't have to focus on plot, it could have very well tried an episodic thing (burger episode for example), but it didn't, and it failed.
>>
>>133862648
The office lady from the werewolf squad
>>
This is the kind of anime that makes me wish directors had more freedom during the production process. Episode 12 was 40 minutes-long and had a pretty great direction.
KS is actually making me interested in the director's other works. Especially considering they managed to pull off a good ending.
>>
>sets up a story in the first episode
>ignores it the rest of the show
>episodic

Worst show of the season.
>>
Vivid when

What are you doing Xythar
>>
File: 1438871203343.png (258KB, 549x560px) Image search: [Google]
1438871203343.png
258KB, 549x560px
>>133861372
>Also there's no hope of a 2nd season. The anime had a original ending. Actually white, I think that was the girl's name, doesn't even exist in the manga.
But if anime original ending was about anime original characters, doesn't that mean that they could make season two just fine? It's not like any of the characters who are important later on in the source material died or something.
>>
>>133860841
>>It's one of the highest selling shows of the year. Where do you get that from?
>>
>>133863134
As someone who's watching the show after all episodes are released, it doesn't play out as horribly as it seems. I think when the show is initially airing, things feel more disjointed than they actually are. It's like listening to certain music albums. The songs on their own are ok to listen to, but in an consecutive sequence, it plays out very well. This obviously doesn't excuse the point that they established an issue in the first episode and ignore it, but it makes it much less of a glaring issue, if that makes any sense. It'd be more of a no-no if the rest of the series suffered for it, but I feel like each episode held its own in such a great way, that when put into sequence it really makes it that much better.

Yes I'm talking out my ass, but I really enjoyed it
>>
>>133862573
http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/UNISON-SQUARE-GARDEN---Sugar-Song-and-Bitter-Step/2c4c5475e044a50ace92e3c7109c0ddb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EApyYoRaBsQ
>>
>>133862486
I've been working on it but it's been put temporarily on hold until I can re-scan it (hopefully later this week). The scans I was using had too many issues with them, like the leveling was too high for some of the more subtle tones, but the biggest problem was that it sometimes cropped the pages significantly and they were crooked as hell, so straightening them involved too much redrawing, among other issues. Scanning it myself also means that I'll actually get to include the full cover and the under cover, so I think it's worth it. I'm really sorry for the wait though. I also got an email from the corrector back when I was talking about progress in the threads, saying that they were still on board so I figured there would be nothing to worry about but I haven't heard from them since then and chapter 5 still needs to be re-written, so I'm not really sure what to do about that. I definitely can't archive it with the dialogue how it is right now but I might post it in a thread when I'm finished and just hope they eventually contact me again so I can make the final version.
>>
>>133863421
>each episode holds up on its own
That's what episodic means.
>>
>>133863534
I understand, but my point is that even while be episodic, it's a show that holds up very well when put into flow. It doesn't really suffer fatal flaws in continuity or quality like most other shows in this format do. I'm not saying it's perfect, because its anything but perfect, but it's not garbage due to the way it's presented,
>>
>>133863465
isn't there digital raw?
>>
>>133862573
>what is SPICE
>what is Blue Moment

The song is pretty shit, the ending is pretty good though.
>>
>>133863708
Are you fucking joking.
>>
>>133863465
Don't sweat it, just checking.

Sucks about the corrector, maybe he will reaappear, but it is what it is.
>>
>it's shit because I have never read the manga before
>it's shit because I can't wait.
>it's shit because I can prove my point

cancer has already crept up this thread, goodbye rational discussion. Im out, have fun shitposting.
>>
>>133862967
>The plot was the focus, what the fuck else would it be?
It was about the exploring various scenarios in a sci-fi city with the cast. How the hell can you think the plot was the focus? The only episodes to focus primarily on the story were episodes 11 and 12, the rest focused on episodic scenarios. Did you actually think they were trying to focus on the story but dedicated way more screen time to Libra on accident? Just because the finale characters were established beforehand doesn't mean they were the focus.
>>
>>133863864
ah I fucked up.

>can't*
>>
>>133863864
>it's shit because I have never read the manga before
Are you implying that I should have to read the manga before I can enjoy the show?
>>
>>133863884
Honestly I think the way they did this was the best way they could've done it. I might be somewhat a lone in this, but I really hate animes that begin to establish a world and then throw it all away to focus on a "main threat". This show was refreshing in that it established characters, expanded the world, and then got to the "main focus". Every episode has a great adventure and scenario with the Libra gang.
>>
>>133860361
Mediocre as shit and with a shit tier loud deluded fanbase. Im glad S2 never ever.
>>
>>133864057
top kek dude! :^)
>>
>>133863271
Bringing up a new season after a largely original season that tied itself up feels weird, but I guess it's possible.
>>
>>133860361
Both the source material and the anime are awesome.

Now where is my crossover with Hellboy?
>>
File: scan comparison.jpg (1MB, 1730x1974px) Image search: [Google]
scan comparison.jpg
1MB, 1730x1974px
>>133863626
There is but it's the kindle version that looks like garbage and the size is very small too. See pic related for why I don't want to use it (kindle is left).
>>
>>133862573
Yuri Kuma still has it with the dancing bear song.
>>
>>133864057
Nice blog.
>>
>>133864171
>>133864077
>what did /a/ think of this?
>le nice blog XD

top kek indeed, hipsters
>>
>>133863033

For a 40 minute episode I expected more from it. I was hoping for some really great animation or some really great fight scenes, and aside from Klaus's fight with Black which was really only alright it was otherwise mostly just either alot of talking and pauses or Leonardo Watch Runs From Point A To Point B: The Episode.

Compared to some of the really great animation and action we were shown in earlier episodes, The finale ended up feeling like a fizz out instead of finishing with a bang.
>>
Garbage
>>
>>133866071
>Compared to some of the really great animation and action we were shown in earlier episodes
What are you talking about? Some of the earlier episodes had almost no action and existed merely for comedic purposes. I remember being very disappointed at some episodes, like the one where they spend the entire duration running through town searching for a restaurant after making us lust for the huge fight vs. an army in the intro, fight that was never shown. It felt like a kick in the balls to get baited so hard.
And the animation was really top-tier in the last episode. It was simply an affirmation of Leo's character and how Libra played a role into the man he had become while featuring some nice action and comic relief (Hummer throwing Leo was funny as shit). I was plenty satisfied with the finale.

Oh and that moment when Leo apologizes to Klaus.
>>
>>133866467
It was episode 10, not one of the earlier episodes by any definition.
>>
File: 1444171424237.webm (397KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444171424237.webm
397KB, 1280x720px
>>133862568
Off the top of my head, I know they're doing HeroAca and Stray Dogs, and continuing Concrete Revolutio, Shirayuki and SB69, but the FMP rumor turned out to be false. There's still some room I think, unless I'm forgetting something. Which Bones studio did Kekkai again? Was it studio a?
>>133864057
I think the majority of the "fanbase" was that image.jpeg faggot samefagging the sales threads. I remember he once made up literally a quarter of one of those with his posts alone. Thank christ he jumped ship, that was some of the worst cancer I've ever seen. In general, the show was a lot more popular in Japan than the West, and there were very few threads for it compared to actually popular shows.
>>133866071
My disappointment with the finale was that it was a little too "shounen" if that makes sense. I appreciated that the action was usually given low priority so they could focus on more entertaining things but then it was like they felt obligated to deliver on how they'd advertised the show with this huge scale action-packed finale, but that's what almost every shounen finale does already and it's tired. I think it would have worked better if they'd down-scaled it to just focusing on the conflict Leo had with the twins, it would have been more personal. But the finale had a lot of good moments too, and I think it was fine overall, I just wish it had the same charm as the episodic stories.
>>
File: 1444680621339.png (1MB, 1440x800px) Image search: [Google]
1444680621339.png
1MB, 1440x800px
>>133861723
>mfw no scanned versions available on batoto
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.