[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /a/, Am I the only one who hates this fucking faggot? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: latest.jpg (28KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
28KB, 640x360px
So /a/, Am I the only one who hates this fucking faggot?
I have had my share of disliking for MCs but this one takes the cake. never before I wished for a MC to be death in the next scene from the very first episode to the last, I thought he would perhaps grow on me as the series progressed but that didn't happen I finished the series with a bad taste in my mouth because he was alive in the end.

I just finished Stay Night, I'm starting with Zero and I'm not sure If I gonna see Unlimited Blade Works because I heard it is a remake of the first one and I don't want to see his fucking stupid face ever again. Should I watch it? is him portrayed in a different manner so I can at least resist the urge of closing the vid every time he appears?
>>
>>133850500
>watched the anime

It's your fault OP.
>>
>>133850500
So /a/, Am I the only one who loves this fucking faggot?
I have had my share of love for MCs but this one takes the cake. never before I wished for a MC to be alive in the next scene from the very first episode to the last, I thought he would perhaps let me down as the series progressed but that didn't happen I finished the series with a good taste in my mouth because he was alive in the end.

I just finished Stay Night, I'm starting with Unlimited Blade Works and I'm not sure If I gonna see Zero because I he's not in it and I want to see his face again. Should I watch it? is him portrayed in a different manner so I can at least resist the urge of pausing the vid to fap every time he appears?
>>
File: self insert.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
self insert.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>Watching DEEN
But no OP you're not the only retard in the world.
>>
>>133850577
Is he different in the game or manga?
>>
File: NXC0fBj.jpg (24KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
NXC0fBj.jpg
24KB, 600x405px
>>133850500
read Heaven's Feel.

also obligatory
>watching the anime first
etc.
>>
File: 1447682196014.png (2MB, 1599x614px) Image search: [Google]
1447682196014.png
2MB, 1599x614px
>>133850727
I haven't seen DEEN's adaptation of the VN, so I can't tell you how different he is from their adaptation, but the VN does spend a lot of time giving him some backstory and since he is the PoV character for the most part, you get a lot of inner monologuing, which gives the reader more insight into his character and why he acts like he does.

It all boils down to IDEALS in the end and whether you choose to take them to heart and run with his character or consider him an idiot varies from reader to reader.

His character also changes pretty drastically in Heaven's Feel, compared to Fate and Unlimited Blade Works.

Also OP if you genuinely want to "get into" Fate, do yourself a favour and just read the Fate/stay night VN.
>>
>>133850500
Fwiw UBW Shirou acts much less retarded than F/SN Shirou. He's still not a genius, but you get less of the "stop invincible servant" shit.

But yeah, you should just read the VN.
>>
>>133850500
secondaries everyone
>>
>>133850727

He is worts in the VN. Just drop this shit before is to late.
>>
File: 1446678993576.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446678993576.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>133850500
It depends on which road actually
Fate shirou was a sexist faggot
Ubw shirou was decent
Heavens feel shirou was the best
>>
>>133850500
No, just run, don't look back and pretend you never got involved. You probably have other stuff in your backlog worth pursuing.
>>
>>133850500
What, feeling threatened at how you are the exact opposite of him, an useless egotist hedonist?
>>
>>133850727
In the 2006 DEEN anime he is an insufferable idiot. This anime is the primary reason for dislike of Shirou's character. In the VN he is miles better, being a frequent badass. For a VN protagonist he has a very strong personality and is a very interesting character compared to the blank slate that you usually find in the medium.
The UBW anime still fails to fully adapt his character, mainly due to the lack of inner monologues. But still does a much better job than DEEN did.
>>
>>133850500
Funnily enough that's how I started too.

I dropped Fate entirely after being introduced via DEEN.

Then I played Extra on a whim. Then I watched Zero. Then the DEEN UBW movie. After that I finally read the VN.

Shiro grows on you. Shiro in FATE isn't all that amazing, but UBW and especially HF Shiro are perfect. By the time you've finished the VN, he'll be your favorite thing about it unless you're a waifu fag.
>>
>>133853669
I was thinking about this, but I need to scratch this from the list already.

>>133853693
Nah, I usually like characters with that set of mind, but he just have a really retarded way of thinking and most of the time he is just a liability so useful he isn't.

>>133853917
>>133854405
Yeah I hope it's just the DEEN version, I will give it a try after I finish Zero.
>>
>>133850500
>hating Shirou
>pretending that you watched the DEEN verson of F/SN

Nice memes, son.
>>
>>133850500
Every male mc ever.
>>
>>133853917
He's an insufferable idiot through most of Fate route.

Fate route is fucking shit, stop kidding yourself if you think DEEN ruined it. Hell they fucking made it better just by adding Archer vs Berserker.

Fate route can't be adapted on it's own without being garbage, it's an intro route and it shows. Nothing much happens aside from you know, the fucking intro.
>>
>>133857897
Why did the red man lose to beserk man?
>>
File: JjQrQXp.jpg (1019KB, 1000x1307px) Image search: [Google]
JjQrQXp.jpg
1019KB, 1000x1307px
>>133858066
because he's a faker
>>
>>133850500
Another anon comes to /a/ after having read Fate route, and now he's pissed.
>>
File: 1446338331991.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1446338331991.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
After watching Zero, you'd understand how he's better than Kiritsugu, I can't hate him at all
>>
>>133850500
Shirou is shit tier during about 80% of FATE, about 40-50% of UBW, and about 50% of HF.

He's from decent to great during the rest.
But really, he does ruin a large part of the novels with his VN MC bullshit and his hilarious sexism.
>>
He is never not annoying, and Kiritsugu is even worse.
>>
>>133853634
Agree with this. As much as I hate Shirou he was pretty decent in HF. That route fit his character better than the other ones. He was fucking awful in the first route.
>>
I read the VN and he manages to be even more infuriating there.
Yeah, you're not exactly wrong OP, even if you're a filthy secondary.
>>
>>133861471
He's a lot better in UBW and HF because while he's still a faggot, at least he isn't all "MUH GIRLS CAN'T FIGHT" to his fucking servant.
>>
>>133861471
I actually liked these routes because Shirou gets whipped to shape by both Sakura and Rin. Although the whole soap opera theme going on in HF definitely ruins the route a bit.
>>
File: disgust.png (94KB, 472x302px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
94KB, 472x302px
>>133853634
>HF Shirou
>Gives up ideals for Sakura
>best
>>
>>133851624
this is accurate, when was this made?
>>
File: mind of steel.jpg (31KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
mind of steel.jpg
31KB, 800x600px
>>133863095
I agree, he should have become a superhero.
>>
I agree with OP

Shiro is one of those OP's that reminds me how different a guy in his 20's from Japan is from an American. Couldn't relate or get into his character at all. I like Fate though.
>>
>>133862107
You know that was just an excuse right? Shirou is unique in being the only master who saw his servant as a person, not a tool. He can't stand the idea of someone getting hurt in protection of him. It doesn't matter to him that Saber is just a servant and will disappear if he dies, to him she's as real as Rin or Fuji-nee and he would gladly give his life in protection of any of them. Hell he's so desperate for self-sacrafice that he never even thinks about another way, if he could sacrafice himself to save someone then he would without a seconds thought.

The biggest problem with the Fate route is Shirou's character isn't explained until UBW, so he comes across as an idiot because the reader doesn't understand the reasoning behind his actions.
>>
>>133867443
Yeah, but that's fucking BULLSHIT, because it only happens in FATE, due to the terribly written romance between the two.

In UBW, he gets over his issues almost immediately, and the same goes for HF. That's why he's enormously less fucking infuriating in those.

Honestly, if not for the chuch basement scene, FATE would have been literally unsalvageable.
>>
>>133867559
In all 3 routes he gets severely injured trying to protect saber from berserker. Then in Fate he uses the "you can't fight because you're a girl" excuse because he thinks that attacking ryuudo temple is too dangerous.

Yes he is not as well written in Fate yet he still remains consistent with his character.
>>
>>133867443
Not really, even in Fate they tell you something's wrong with Shirou
>>
Saber was made perfect, but that wouldn't make a story, but rather than gave her weakness she was given Shirou instead as his weakness was the plot devices that moved the story forward. Now that Saber isn't popular anymore we're only left with Shirou's weakness.
>>
>>133868123
But that's exactly the point. Only in FATE does he go on and act like an insufferable twat for most of the route. In HF and UBW, despite still being foolhardly, he at least understands his role and saber's, and lets her do her thing.

Nasu pretty much admitted the whole UR A GRRRRL thing was his own inexperienced and hammy attempt at writing a romance with King Arthur. It sucked.
>>
Newfag here. How faithful is Ufotable's UBW to the VN? I'm trying to decide whether I should play the route first or whether I'm safe to just dive into the anime after I finish the Fate route.
>>
>>133870093

I recommend you read it first. Ufo's adaptation is pretty decent, better than I thought it would be, but I think it misses the beat on some relatively important scenes.

And Shirou is much less of an insufferable twat so it's not as much of a pain in the ass to read through.
>>
>>133870093
If you're going to read the VN anyway definitely read it first. The anime is good but its no replacement.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.