[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I supposed to like this character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

Am I supposed to like this character?
>>
No, anime and some movies are intentionally set up for you to sympathize with specific characters mostly the main characters.
>>
>>133848726
No, but I do anyway.
>>
>>133848726
you end up liking him by the end of the series
>>
>>133848726
He's a comedy relief and make people become cheerful around him. What not to like?
>>
Dance Water Dance
>>
>>133848726
Reminder that his character is based on the series' director
>>
>>133848726
It's the self-insert for this shounen trash.
>>
He's great towards the end of the series, he only really fucks up in the first part of the series.
>>
Shirobakos are all annoying cunts with retarded problems
>waaah I failed one audition life's over!
>waaah I was criticized for my drawings once, life's over!
>waaah I have this really great job in 3D animation, but we aren't making stupid anime, life's over!
>waaah I was practically handed administrative position despite being fresh otta school, I'm still depressed for no reason!
>>
>>133848726
The best healer.
>>
>>133848881
This.
>>
>>133849026
Those are actually normal for young women.

CG Girl is retarded though. She shouldn't have studied 3DCG for anime.
>>
>>133849026
You seen like someone with very few friends.
>>
>>133849026
She was depressed because she didn't know what to do with her life, everything she knew was that she wanted to work in the anime industry.
>>
>>133849083
I wish there was more 3DCG girl and Erika.
>>
Shirabako 2 when?
>>
>>133849026
>NEET speaking
If you actually were working or even studying on a high-level, you'd know that it can be quite discouraging when life batters you around and you don't have enough life experience to suck it in.
Failing even one audition can lead to a whole introspection to see where the problem comes from, because it cannot come from the ones giving the job.

>>133848726
You will love him by the end of the series.
>>
Does this get better?
I'm like 9-10 episodes in and I don't care about any of the characters or their show. All I keep wondering is how they keep these lazy fucks employed.
Is this another case of Japanese work mentality I just don't get or something?
>>
>>133848726

Based Tarou literally carried the show.
>>
>>133849026
When you're the only one in your group struggling to meet your goal, you're going to feel bad. That's just part of life. The mentality of being stuck trying to find your dream job while every other peer has achieved it. We're still looking at things in the outside lens.

When you're trying to figure out why a drawing isn't working the way you want and you begin to feel frustrated with your lack of ability despite showing the improvement already, you're going to feel bad. This is a thing all artists have to deal with, no matter how skilled they end up becoming.

When you feel like your chosen profession has led you in a direction you really don't want to be in, you're going to feel bad. There's no shame in seeing life as various paths and understanding that they can go towards a goal you don't want. The question is whether or not the goal you want is the goal that is truly desired, and that's a great thing to feel difficulty with.

And when you're handed administrative control despite being fresh out of school, you're going to feel bad. You're going to see the entire industry in a new lens and that is going to cause you to think about where you're going and whether you want to be there. You don't have the benefit of being fresh-faced amateur working up and growing into the industry. You get the benefit of getting a job that escalates you to the top, with every problem that you would be able to tackle with experience happening without experience. Naturally you're going to feel like seeing the industry in such a light would cause a dilemma.

The entire situation in Shirobako is about lack of life experience and what growing up actually means. You have to deal with problems as they come, you have to learn from past experiences, you have to learn lessons from the people before you, etc.
>>
>>133848881
That doesn't work when you drop the show because of him.
>>
>>133848726
you're supposed to think for yourself
>>
>>133848881
Nah. You just end up hating him a little bit less.
>>
I want to make Ema a single mom
>>
>>133850021
You fucking pleb, you better get back on that wagon!
>>
>>133848726
I'm not saying you will end up liking him. But you will realize he's not the worst. By far.
>>
File: 1445992368881.jpg (70KB, 782x581px) Image search: [Google]
1445992368881.jpg
70KB, 782x581px
>>133850021
So you're saying that "you'll like him by the end" doesn't work if you don't get to the end? Who would have thought?!!?
>>
He's a good kid.
>>
>daily shirobako thread
why?
>>
>>133848726
Taro is fucking great
>>
File: tarou.jpg (784KB, 1280x3590px) Image search: [Google]
tarou.jpg
784KB, 1280x3590px
>Hating on Tarou
>>
I want to fuck Ema.
>>
I like fake Miuna.
>>
>>133849568
Even as an American I was able to relate a lot to everything that was going on, but I guess it could seem less interesting to anyone who's never had to work in an office setting before.
>>
File: when.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
when.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Full-fledged anime when?
>>
>>133848726
best character in Shirobako.
>>
>>133849274

When this show was airing I seem to remember reading that the studio already had the next several years of anime planned and season 2 wasn't among them. So.... 2020 maybe?
>>
>>133853410
Mizushima expressed interest in making a girls in jet fighters anime. It's just up to producers to fund his idea.
>>
>>133849274
Would a season 2 even be necessary? I think what we got covered the whole anime industry thing pretty good. Wouldn't a second season just focus more on the life of the cast members?
>>
>>133853697
Rather than a direct sequel I'd be more interested in a new Shirobako anime focusing on an entirely different studio and group of characters with different backgrounds.
>>
File: 1412380364005.jpg (22KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
1412380364005.jpg
22KB, 367x500px
>>133849026
Nice opinion good sir.
>>
>>133849666
>>133848726
This.
When the story got a bit slow he threw in his jokes and saved the moment.

Also best boy. Remember how he helped Hiraoka.
>>
He helped partly dislodge that stick up Dai's ass, so theres that
>>
File: NaoyukiSaruta.jpg (39KB, 631x380px) Image search: [Google]
NaoyukiSaruta.jpg
39KB, 631x380px
Being voiced by Hiroyuki Yoshino is suffering
>>
>>133853085
>Dat brunette Yotsuba
>>
>>133850261
No way. He saved a guy from suicide and they ascended into the best workers, leaving those girls in the dust. I hated Tarou at first, but by the end I knew he was best boy.
>>
>>133856438
I thought that it being the same voice was possibly meant to increase the tension that he was going to fuck up catastrophically. That or it was just coincidence. Nobody died this time at least.
>>
File: Taroumaru.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Taroumaru.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
Who would win in a fight, Tarou or Taroumaru?
>>
>>133857563
Don't even compare based Tarou to that worthless piece of shit.
>>
People who hate Tarou are NEETS.

Everyone who works and live a stable life can see what a great character Tarou is.
>>
>>133853697

Topics to be covered in season 2:

- outsourcing to Koreans
- karoshi
- animators drawing ero-dojins
- pillow seiyuu
- seiyuu gets arrested for drugs, they have to urgently redub all the episodes
>>
>>133849083
Young men too, they just aren't allowed to show it.
>>
>>133858393
toppest keks
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.