[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /a/'s defenition of a shit anime? I'll begin.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

What is /a/'s defenition of a shit anime?
I'll begin.
Ecchi romcom with no real romance, dense mc and fanservice targeted at 12 y'olds
>>
An anime that exists
>>
>fanservice for 12 year olds

More like every person who can pop wood.
>>
>>133797889
Any anime that I dislike.
>>
>>133797889
You're favorite anime.
>>
Self-insert/pandering male protagonists, mostly. The one single thing that can ruin any show in a heartbeat.

Haremshit is the second, but at least I can name a few bearable harems.
>>
File: yumi ponder.jpg (56KB, 498x500px) Image search: [Google]
yumi ponder.jpg
56KB, 498x500px
>>133797889
how does fanservice aimed at 12-year olds differe from fanservice aimed at 16 year-olds, 20 year-olds, or fanservice aimed at people older than that?
>>
Yuri pandering.
>>
You sound like a fun guy OP
>>
>>133797889
>y'olds
oh shit, you didn't actually say "year olds" but, "y'olds'", my mistake.

What are "y'olds", anyway? They sound like some sort of Tolkein-esque fantasy race.
>>
File: 1359225993_toothbrush.jpg (134KB, 1000x527px) Image search: [Google]
1359225993_toothbrush.jpg
134KB, 1000x527px
>>133798204
They have a higher level of abstraction.
>>
>>133798244
How many series with actual yuri pandering have you seen?

Bait and switch and girls performing lesbian fanservice before going back to lusting after the protagonist's dick don't count.
>>
>>133798204
Fanservice I would generally categorize as pointless pantyshots and fixed camera on chest.

You could say that fanservice for 16- year olds take it to the next level with shows such as To-Love-Ru Darkness and Shinmai Maou no Testament, Prison School.

For the 20 years olds I would say shows that show nudity usually contains mature themes such as Berserk or Ghost in the shell. They are not what I would call fanservice, just mature theme.
>>
>>133797889

A shitty anime is one with characters that aren't relateable or amusing and act in ways no human would act; a plot that involves nothing but tropes and doesn't even play with them, or in some cases the plot is ridiculously convoluted; consistently poor animation; bad voice acting; etc.
>>
Regurgitation of old tropes. Nothing unique to offer. Muh school comedies for that fleeting nostalgia. Muh shounen heroism. Muh cute girls.

The industry is fucked and nothing will save it.
>>
>>133798415
>a
Did you enjoy Nichijou?
>>
>12 year old fan service
>panty shots anime has no kissing but shows a lot of boobs

>16 year old fan service
>borderline hentai lots of sexual themes

>20 year old fan service
>cute girls doing cute things

>30 year old fan service
>two mechs punching each other in the face

Quite simple
>>
>>133797889
Anime that I dislike but others like
>>
>>133798584
More like

>12 year old fan service
> epic manime with epic manly poses

>14 year old fan service
>panty shots anime has no kissing but shows a lot of boobs

>16 year old fan service
>borderline hentai lots of sexual themes

>20 year old fan service
>cute girls doing cute things

>30 year old fan service
>cute girls doing nothing
>>
>>133798776
Yeah well that's just your opinion faggot
>>
>>133797889
>Ecchi romcom with no real romance
I usually find romance in anime/manga fairly unengaging, and often quite annoying, so that doesn't sound too bad.

(Though to be fair, I'm not that keen on romance in most mediums. The most I tend to look for from it is for it to be innocuous)
>>
>>133798489

Nichijou had characters who were relateable and funny; it rarely played tropes straight and the "plot" if you can call it that was natural (Nano gradually moves into the world and makes friends, Mio accepts that she's not going to get with senpai and her friends are the ones who support and care for her; there are a dozen other plotlines and character arcs that show real development you don't see in many anime); the animation is appropriate to the style of the series and goes above and beyond to make what would otherwise just be a really amusing comedy series a visual delight; the voice acting is perfect and varied (Hakase sounds like a real child instead of a teenager raising her tone; Mio and Yukko's back-and-forth is pitch perfect, and a dozen others I won't even mention); add to that the great music and some of the best OP's I know of...well, in short, yeah, I enjoyed Nichijou.
>>
>>133798396
Fair enough.To be honest, I didn't think anyone would try tackling that question honestly. I'm kind of impressed
>>
>>133798875
well I see you enjoy the show just as much as me then :)
Never understood why the show didnt catch on in Japan
>>
>>133797889
Any LN anime adaptation.
>>
>>133798875
Just because of this post, I've decided to watch Nichijou and develop my own opinion. Thanks /a/non.
>>
Your favorite anime.
>>
>>133797889
Op, that kind of anime is fun because of the girls. Not the actually story.
>>
>>133798776
>epic manime with epic manly poses
Nowadays it's more edginess. 12 year olds who genuinely like that shit are the Western equivalent of chuunis.
>>
>>133797889
anime
>>
>>133798396
true. Sexuality such in Parasyte or Perfect blue furthered theme exploration or the characters. Don't think that qualifies as fanservice for 20 years old. Also older does not mean more mature shows, for example all the moe seinen.
>>
>>133797889
>What is /a/'s defenition of a shit anime?

Anime that's popular.
>>
>>133803936
OPM is popular and /a/ doesn't think it's shit.
>>
Haremshit. It's rarely ever done right.
>>
>>133797889
>What is /a/'s defenition of a shit anime?

ur favorite anime
>>
An anime with a tsundere.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.