[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to start Hajime no Ippo, which is better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: HajimenoIppo_vol1_Cover[1].jpg (51KB, 260x399px) Image search: [Google]
HajimenoIppo_vol1_Cover[1].jpg
51KB, 260x399px
I'm about to start Hajime no Ippo, which is better? The manga or the anime?
>>
>>133795653
Manga.
>>
>>133795653
Yes.
>>
>>133795653
I don't know?
>>
File: 89378.jpg (34KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
89378.jpg
34KB, 225x350px
sunabozu?
>>
>>133795653
Both.
>>
You can actually finish the anime so go for that.
>>
Watch the original series, its a masterpiece

read the rest

then stop when you get bored
>>
>>133795653
Manga is ALWAYS better than the anime unless the anime came first.
>>
Anime then stop like Mirkawa should have done.
>>
The fights can be very slow paced though.
>>
>>133795653
Watch the First anime, then either go from there to the manga or watch the second anime and go to the manga from there.
>>
Everyone on /a/ has the obligation to say the manga is better, even if they didn't think so themselves. I recommend watching the anime and then continuing the manga from that point forward. The anime is done really well.
>>
Everyone on /a/ has the obligation to say the anime is better, even if they didn't think so themselves. I recommend reading the manga.
>>
>>133795653
Do both. Start with the anime and then pick up the manga.
>>
It would be understandable if you watched the anime first, as the manga is a bit slow paced

Surprised you aren't daunted by the 1000+ chapter backlog
>>
The anime is a good introduction.
>>
>>133795653
You're gonna have to ask the oxygen in muscles about that
>>
>>133797806
what about the third anime?
>>
>>133795653
The anime, the 2nd anime series is not good though, but the rest of the movies and ovas are. Stop reading when you get bored.
>>
>>133804305
i meant the 3rd series, but the 2nd series does have problems with its pacing in places as well.
>>
>>133796048
nice meme
>>
>>133804076

I didn't finish it. The first anime (76 episodes) is the best. Then I started the manga. Also I watched it dubbed, it was fine.
>>
I watched the anime first, and now I'm reading the manga. I honestly liked the anime more just because of the great fight animation, but they're almost about as good either way. So whichever you prefer

>>133796048
This is the case for a lot of things, but I don't necessarily agree.
>>
You'd be better off learning boxing and winning a title.
>>
>>133795653
Watch the first anime series then start reading the manga until you finish the Bryan Hawk fight then watch New Challenger.

Rising tries to fit 300 chapters(?) and skips parts of the manga. While the original series and New Challenger are at the same pace.
>>
Anime has top-tier voice acting
>>
KOUZOO
>>
File: ippo_vol-61_special_189.png (279KB, 765x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ippo_vol-61_special_189.png
279KB, 765x1200px
>>133795653
>I'm about to start Hajime no Ippo, which is better? The manga or the anime?

Read the manga all the way through, then treat yourself to the first anime afterwards.

There's quite enough differences from even the first anime and the manga that reading it and watching the anime later is worth-while experience.

Now would be the perfect time to get into the manga, since another major fight just ended.

As for New Challenger, Rising and the OVAs, literally the OVAs are worth reading, and even they omit some things for time-restrictions. You're going to want to have read the manga, if you care about stuff being cut with the anime adaptation.

In most series, it doesn't matter, but Hajime no Ippo is notorious for doing call backs to stuff that happend 200, 400 and even 600 chapters later. You'll appreciate these callbacks more if you read the manga, whereas the anime tends to gloss over these scenes (a perfect example is Sendo using motionless jabs; the anime doesn't explain exactly why Sendo being able to do this was so special, but it's something that specifically called back both in Sendo's recent match and most importantly a spar later in the series).

Also, Rising out of all the anime adaptations does a REALLY poor job adapting the manga and shamelessly dumbs down the exposition that's important to the matches and actual character development (see, Aoki vs Imae, Ippo vs Shimabokuro and sadly, Takamura vs Eagle, with Ippo vs Sawamura being the worst victim).
>>
>>133808296
>>Also, Rising out of all the anime adaptations does a REALLY poor job adapting the manga and shamelessly dumbs down the exposition that's important to the matches and actual character development (see, Aoki vs Imae, Ippo vs Shimabokuro and sadly, Takamura vs Eagle, with Ippo vs Sawamura being the worst victim).

This.

Holy shit. Rising was a shitty adaptation, where the director actually started cutting content from the manga to save time, which is stupid as fuck since Hajime no Ippo's greatest strength is the build to the matches. The only part that doesn't suffer from this is the Young Kamogawa arc, but it shouldn't count because it's literally a previously cancelled OAV that was supposed to be released after New Challenger, that got lost in the shuffle when Madhouse parent company went bankrupt.

Sadly, if not for Kamogawa's VA (Kenji Utsumi) passing away, while Rising was in production, followed by Nekota's (Ichirō Nagai) and Dankichi's (Seizō Katō) the following year, this OAV was likely never to be released.
>>
>>133808296
>>133809107

Well, Rising had the same director from New Challenger, so it was expected he'd take a chain-saw to Ippo at some point. Thankfully the worst New Challenger suffered was a shitload QUALITY during the Ricardo v. Date and Miyata v. Crocodile matches. It was passable because the Battle of the Hawk adaptation was excellent.
>>
>>133795653
anime excludes a lot of the comparisons to mike tyson, but is otherwise the better product til new challenger
>>
>if we ever get another Ippo anime it will have the New Challenger and Rising art style
>It wont be the rough one from the first series
I am angered by this
>>
>>133795653
Where do I get translations? All I can find is the first few chapters
>>
Volg is best character debate me.
>>
>>133811134
>Where do I get translations? All I can find is the first few chapters

manga.madokami.com has everything except 1072-1083, which you could download/read off off Mangastream.com
>>
>>133811615
He's pretty great, favourite non-kamogawa and non-featherweight boxer
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.