[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now and then, here and there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 12

File: 597688-promo.jpg (188KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
597688-promo.jpg
188KB, 640x360px
Just finished it, holy shit it was great.
What do you /a/ssholes think about it ? Is Abelia best girl ?
>>
Pretty good, but Abelia was a bitch.
>>
>>133792730
She a good girl, she dindu nuffin, she just followed orders !
>>
It was alright. Honestly I had set my expectations too high for this one after all the praise it gets
>>
It was ok
>>
>>133792873
What didn't you like about it ?
>>
File: now2-1.jpg (8KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
now2-1.jpg
8KB, 300x200px
It went places.
>>
worst tenchi timeline
>>
>>133792498
It's shit. Suffering =/ good, and suffering is about the only thing this show had.

Best feature: First episode

Worst feature: Main villain
>>
>>133792498

For some reason watching this gives me a boner when i was hitting my puberty. I don't remember much now but was there any kind of implied sexuality going on in this show ?
>>
>>133793035

>>133792934
Gets preg-raped.
>>
>>133793009
But it had a great soundtrack, great characters (the villain ain't that bad, he's just the stereotype of the psychopath in charge), okay artstyle I guess
It's far from "shit"
>>
>>133793035
>implied sexuality
m8
>>
>>133792498
>Abelia
>best girl
Said no one ever.
>>
>>133793009
Hamdo did nothing wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxuMj-kV9cE
>>
>>133793120
You don't got much choice between the raped one, the weird one and the bitch one
>>
File: cap004 (1).jpg (76KB, 437x290px) Image search: [Google]
cap004 (1).jpg
76KB, 437x290px
>>133792498
>holy shit it was great.
>>
>>133793163
id rape it
>>
>>133792934
The ideas were good but it wasn't very well executed. Most of the time I wasn't interested in what has happening. It didn't trap me.
>>
It's shit. Suffering without substance.
All the characters act completely irrationally and without reason except maybe Sarah or whatever her name is.
>>
>>133793207
>All the characters act completely irrationally and without reason
Examples ?
>>
File: 1266755897588.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1266755897588.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>
>>133792498
I love it. Personal 10/10
>>
>>133793035
>implied

Sara got flat out gangraped until she got pregnant.

It got me hard too.
>>
>>133792498
>Is Abelia best girl ?
That would be Hamdo.
>>
The only thing that I didn't like was the part where Sara got convinced into keeping the child.

Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>133793568
>>133793408
>>
File: 1447167114858.jpg (50KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1447167114858.jpg
50KB, 342x342px
>>133793587
>>
>>133793587
but no child had yet come to the world
>>
I think it toed the line between being genuinely dark and shocking and being tryhard edgy really well. Certain parts of it were a little TOO political though.
>>
>>133793568
The baby was probably born a retard too given the several punches to the stomach
>>
I kinda want an OVA on Hamdo.
How and the fuck did he lead anything?
Nepotism or imbreed fuck is my guess.
>>
>I know you were raped and all but please don't abort your rapist child!!! It's all gonna be good!!!
>>
>>133792498
I picked it up some 15 years ago based on the title only, thinking that perhaps it would give me nostalgic feels.

I got more than I bargained for.

I would cure Sara's PTSD with my tender love.
>>
>>133793653
Radical pro life shit I guess

Also fuck the characters for shitting on the village colonel he did nothing wrong, trying to kill Hamdo or to use Lala Ru as an exchange money was literally the best thing they could've done
>>
>>133793713
Its a common thing to always think you should side with the mc. Theyre allowed to be wrong a stupid too, you arent always expected to gobble up everything they say
>>
File: dadibingtailang[1].jpg (56KB, 448x680px) Image search: [Google]
dadibingtailang[1].jpg
56KB, 448x680px
Also this reminds me I need to watch more stuff from Akitaroh Daichi.

The man's the most underrated auteur among animu directors.
>>
>>133793568
Agreed.

Fuck conservatives, rape babies should always be aborted unless the mother wants it from the very start and doesn't try to give herself a self-miscarriage
>>
>>133793862
That was also Sis' advice. Everyone good told her to keep the baby and that's what she did in the end because ??
>>
>>133793253
Almost all of them honestly.

The insane commander does insane shit simply because he's insane, not for some glory, need for anything or because of some goal.
The lieutenant under him follows all his orders, even though she knows he's insane and has no real reason to follow him.
The edgy kid who didn't care about his village being burned and destroyed has no reason being this edgy. Child soldiers do not behave that way.
The protagonist is your obvious happy go lucky type and should really change after seeing how shit the world he's in but doesn't because the anime wants to subvert the whole ''boy/girl goes to a fantasy parallel world' and make it shit.
Or that one guy who didn't want his village being taken over so he just kills the village leader woman and burns it all to the ground? For no reason. What the fuck?

They're all shallow characters.
The problem with the show is that it's meant to show how shit war is or something but we know nothing about the world. It's simply a desert with some faggot going around getting people into his army. Why? Who knows, he's insane.
People say this anime is realistic, and some suffering moment with Sarah are realistic. A lot of people say this anime is realistic from how things happen in Africa, but it's wrong since we know the political climate, civil war, etc and what causes groups to raid villages to get child soldiers. Here, in this anime, we know nothing.

And because we know nothing, it's shallow suffering without substance. I really didn't like the anime, it bored me.

>>133793568
She found meaning in raising the child and moved on. Whether it's good or not is irrelevant.
>>
>>133793905
>>133793898
The morale of the anime, and the words which Shû live by, is that life is the most important thing ever and death the worst.
>>
Now and Then, Here and There mood reminds me of this vidya a lot.

Or rather the other way round. I recommend playing it anyway.
>>
>>133793981
Yeah but what it didn't take in account is that sometimes you need to engage in military action (even without going on an intervention or murdering anyone) to ensure life's perennity

Direction was great and all but it didn't get the war themes right except for that black and white scene in ep 5 where they abduct kids
>>
>>133793968
>The insane commander does insane shit simply because he's insane, not for some glory, need for anything or because of some goal.
No, he wants power, he wants to dominate the world to satisfy his ego
>The lieutenant under him follows all his orders, even though she knows he's insane and has no real reason to follow him.
She's extremely loyal, it's implied that she loves him
>The edgy kid who didn't care about his village being burned and destroyed has no reason being this edgy. Child soldiers do not behave that way.
How do you know ? He got severely traumatized and his way to cope with his situation is to be an asshole
>Or that one guy who didn't want his village being taken over so he just kills the village leader woman and burns it all to the ground? For no reason. What the fuck?
No, he wants to save his village by exchanging Lala for Hamdo, Sis didn't want that so he had to take her down for the greater good (in his opinion)
>>
>>133794106
>No, he wants to save his village by exchanging Lala for Hamdo, Sis didn't want that so he had to take her down for the greater good (in his opinion)
He did literally nothing wrong. He just used a bait to get back Lala Ru to save everyone. Even if Sis died from that (which is unlikely), it'd be one death vs hundreds of people surviving.
Sis was a hypocrite, telling people how war is horrible and people shouldnt do that but the moment people try to save their lives (and many others) in exchange for one, she draws a gun
>>
>>133793968
/k/ pls
>>
>>133794106
>No, he wants power, he wants to dominate the world to satisfy his ego
He's insane. Nowhere does it say he wants power or why he wants power.

>She's loyal
Why is she loyal? What does she love about him?

>How do you know
You don't watch your village burn and says ''whatever'' like some edgelord. He was written to be an ass and remained that way.

>he wants to save his village
The village was known to be hidden and unknown. He literally had to do nothing and instead decided to burn it all to the ground. The point where shit was really stupid was when he was contemplating with a gun and shot that fat village leader. He had no reason to do so but did it.
>>
>>133794078
>Yeah but what it didn't take in account is that sometimes you need to engage in military action (even without going on an intervention or murdering anyone) to ensure life's perennity
But it did, Shû is fighting all the time, he just doesn't kill people. Even Lala at the end uses her power in a military way to stop the violence.
>>
>>133794191
Then they shouldn't bash the village soldiers for trying to kill Hamdo or using Lala Ru because these are the two best things anyone could've done. If they had succeeded, less people would have died
The show would be a lot better if the pacifist characters didn't get to lecture people all the time
>>
>>133794172
>He's insane. Nowhere does it say he wants power or why he wants power.
He says multiple times that he wants to be the king
>Why is she loyal? What does she love about him?
Do you think love is rational ? And she's a high ranked military, loyalty is a given in her position
>You don't watch your village burn and says ''whatever'' like some edgelord. He was written to be an ass and remained that way.
But at first he was as shocked as Nabuca and wanted to go home just as bad as him, but when he learned that ther was no way he would ever see his village again he decided that he would one day take over Hellywood (he says that in the last episode I believe)
>The village was known to be hidden and unknown. He literally had to do nothing and instead decided to burn it all to the ground. The point where shit was really stupid was when he was contemplating with a gun and shot that fat village leader. He had no reason to do so but did it.
The village got discovered by a Hellywood spy, and he never burned his village wtf that was the Hellyood soldiers
>>
>>133794244
Shû himself said at one point that he didn't know what was right or wrong (regarding the plan to assassinate Hamdo). The anime isn't as biased as you think it is
>>
>>133793968
>The insane commander does insane shit simply because he's insane, not for some glory, need for anything or because of some goal.

he behaved irrationally out of paranoia and fear, look up the biography of many many dictators, all these dictators have had loyal servants despite their looniness.

You don't need to expand on the entire geopolitics of a world to tell a narrative. We know its a desert nation with a severe lack of resources that captures children into it s army. thats enough to justify and answer question like why they are subservient or wage war. fleshing out the background conflicts that led to this world state would be nice but its not necessary to drive the shows themes.
>>
I'm >>133794172
>>133794431
This is what what I would've typed if I wasn't a lazy piece of shit, thanks anon.
>>
>>133794479
Shit, I meant i'm >>133794315
>>
this is not a realistic show in the least. There is a lot of magic convenience going around and the finale feels forced.

Hotaru no Haka does it better.
>>
>>133794822
or even Area 88
>>
>>133794822
Do you really think it's supposed to be realistic when you got : a billion years old girl that can control water, time travel, giant robots, weird anthropophagic plants
>>
>>133793441

So who was this sara again ? Is it the white haired girl in the picture ?

I vaguely remember some serious shit befalling the soldiers by some kinda mysterious power of a girl.
>>
>>133794070

Can you rape kids in it like the anime ?
>>
>>133793898a
That's about the only thing I agree on from a left stand point
>>
>>133796033
The new add-on (or new game, I dunno actually) is called The Little Ones, so you may be in for a surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIL9QNy6mbI
>>
File: i4la9g.png (126KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
i4la9g.png
126KB, 640x480px
>>133793568
jealous?
>>
>>133793568
This is a shitty world they live in, the abortion would probably lead to Sara's death as well.

>>133795834
Sara is the American loli who looked like Lala-Ru (the white haired girl).

>>133796311
I wish I were him. IIRC he pops Sara's cherry.
>>
>>133796462
>This is a shitty world they live in, the abortion would probably lead to Sara's death as well.
No, based doctor told they could abort it
>>
>>133792498
I hate it.

It feels like tragedy for the sake of tragedy. It's annoying to watch and think about.
>>
>>133796462
>I wish I were him. IIRC he pops Sara's cherry.
Can't find a screenshot or gif, but

>that shot of a flower being blown away by the wind after the scene of him closing in on Sara
>that feel when the meaning hits you
>>
>>133796532
I must have forgotten, it's been years since I last watched it.

>>133796661
What struck me was when Shu came back and she just curled up motionless with that thousand yard stare.

>>133796652
So is this or Saikano worse? Personally Saikano depressed me for a week after watching it but I don't remember anything like that for Now and Then etc.
>>
>>133793568
But anon! It's SO NOBLE to keep your rape baby!

Even though rape babies tend to have serious issues because - shocker! - one of their parents was a rapist.
>>
Loved it, one of the best.

>>133796652
>tragedy for the sake of tragedy

But that's not Hotaru no Haka
>>
>>133796744
>So is this or Saikano worse? Personally Saikano depressed me for a week after watching it but I don't remember anything like that for Now and Then etc.
I haven't watched that. This show isn't depressing, though, it's stupid.

It says very little and is mostly just suffering.
>>
>>133796744
>So is this or Saikano worse?
Saikano's level of suffering was overrated. It wasn't a bad show, but to me it was on one hand too dissociated from reality (whatever the fuck science shit they did to Chise is pure SF), and on the other hand it was a cute more waifu animu, except with a tragic twist, and the bonus of pulling all stops on the tragedy train. But in the end it was just a tragic moe SF animu.

NTHT on the other hand hits very close to home and reality in terms of what the characters experience and how the war is, with the SF and supernatural elements being only in the background and used to propel the story of human tragedy.

But that's just, like, my opinion man.
>>
>>133796829
>>133796943
Two different opinions, huh.

I dunno, Saikano hit me harder for some reason, while NTHT was more of a standard action fest. Maybe I was too young to understand it.
>>
>>133796943
>NTHT on the other hand hits very close to home and reality in terms of what the characters experience and how the war is
War is hardly ever so black and white. Actually, it arguably never is.
>>
>>133797295
Wasn't NTHT inspired by the child soldiers of Africa?
>>
>>133797604
I don't know, I imagine it was, but there are several characters in the show that just feel fake. PURE good, PURE evil, unwavering faith, plain old scum in spades.
>>
Meh. It was fine at first, but it all went down the drain the second the MC, who was already an insufferable faggot in the first place, and then later the village elder, became the director's mouthpiece for his anti-abortion views.
>>
>>133796462

Was it ever explained why there's an american loli hanging around in an animu that features supernatural girl who can bring disaster at will ?

Also what kind of setting this show has it ? Post-apocalypse ?
>>
>>133792498

Did they fuck the blue-haired girl ?
>>
File: L_Autre_Monde.jpg (201KB, 1000x1363px) Image search: [Google]
L_Autre_Monde.jpg
201KB, 1000x1363px
>>133792498
>Because ten billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral, it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness.

I love how every ep begins with this, but what does it mean?
>>
>>133796767
So? What kind of argument is that? "Kill him or he will have serious issues", so by extension would you kill everyone who is alive now who has issues of some kind?
>>
>>133798829
It's not born yet though
>>
>>133798829
Kill him? You are already attaching gender and identity to something that is not even sentient?
>>
>>133798829
What kind of argument is that? "Preventing unhappy people from existing is the same as wanting unhappy people to be dead", so by extension not going around impregnating random women with rape babies is the same as wanting everyone with issues to be dead?
>>
>>133798709
>what does it mean
It means the translator couldn't fucking figure out what the original sentence really meant.
>>
>>133799077
>"Preventing unhappy people from existing is the same as wanting unhappy people to be dead"

Would you kill off everyone who might be unhappy in the future or just unborn babies?
>>
>>133799059
You're not sentient either when you're unconscious, or sleeping.
>>
>>133799556
but you've started being sentient before meaning you have things you've consciously started and are meaning to finish
>>
File: HamdoPointing[1].jpg (55KB, 408x279px) Image search: [Google]
HamdoPointing[1].jpg
55KB, 408x279px
I want tumblr to leave
>>
>>133798888
It's also not unhappy yet, though.
>>
>>133799651
It will most likely be. And even if it could manage to get happy in the future, if it was never sentient and still a bunch of cells without consciousness, there's no harm in preventing it, just as there's no harm in not fucking every woman you see to rise the world population as much as you can
>>
>>133799512
I have no reason to and neither the responsibility to make those people happy nor a way of knowing whether they are born into circumstances that enable them to have a happy life as opposed to a woman who's pregnant with a rape baby.
There is also a huge difference between a human and a potential human.
>>
>>133792498
I'm here to agree with you.
For me Abelia is the best thing is this show.
>>
File: HamdoCat[1].jpg (8KB, 325x219px) Image search: [Google]
HamdoCat[1].jpg
8KB, 325x219px
ded thred?
>>
I watched thinking it would have a nice post-apocalyptic world with a consistent story behind it, but in the end it was all about "muh kids in the war, muhh feelingss hurrr"

The rape of the american girl was good though
>>
>>133792946
Shoop a vodka or wine label on that bottle.
>>
>>133793710
He probably started out as another grunt, like that one kid who wanted to climb the ranks and take over. Cycle of cruelty and so forth.
>>
>>133798709
It's 10 billion years in the future; the sun is about to go supernova and swallow up the earth.

Enjoy that, Sara.
>>
>>133797604
I think it was Uganda. Makes more sense when you realize that Lala-Ru is a metaphor for conflict resources.
>>
>>133792498
It was pretty shit. Always hated the keep-the-rape-baby-bs, hated the annoying as fuck MC. The villain were a joke. And is depicting child soldier rather inaccurate. Just nips being nips, not knowing how people really react in these situation. Wish they could do a little research before doing shit like this.
>>
This is one animu that actually kinda comes off as "it was all just a dream" in the end.

No explanation is given of the origins of the conflict, a lot of the chars are pretty black-and-white, and I kinda a sense the end not just of sadness but of confusion.

It was all the result of Shu's frustration with kendo in the first ep, and maybe his history teacher showed the Kony 2012 video in class, heh. Basically his subconscious telling him life isn't always peachy, you don't always get the girl, don't just charge into things blindly, and as unlucky as you feel sometimes, some kids have it much, much worse.
>>
>>133803781
Plus Shu doesn't even have a scratch on him when he's brought back to his world after being beaten and tortured.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.