[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

>Female MC >She isn't a whimpering, spineless moeblob

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 65

File: 1411511864200.png (146KB, 375x424px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411511864200.png
146KB, 375x424px
>Female MC
>She isn't a whimpering, spineless moeblob
>She sticks up for herself
>She goes for the man she's in love with instead of blushing and hoping senpai notices her
>Not a yandere

>This literally never happens
Why?
>>
>>133790502
Because it exists in real life.
>>
>>133790502
because japanese teens are the target audience and they would not like that story line

seriously how fucking hard is that to grasp?
>>
Because you don't read josei
>>
File: 1378061417519.jpg (216KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1378061417519.jpg
216KB, 1440x1080px
Best female mc started as a spineless nonmoeblob because it was a character flaw and worked to make herself a Glory King.
>>
>>133790535
>Implying
Even the worst moeblob is better than 3DPD

>>133790540
Stop watching shonen
>>
>>133790502
What? that's pretty much every female lead in anime.
>>
>>133790721
>Implying
Bet you can't even name one.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piFg_auEJO0
>>
>>133790502
That sounds horrifically unattractive and pandering to the Tumblr feminist crowds.
>>
>>133790502
klk comes to mind
>>
>>133790599
>>133790540
>what boys want to see
Asexual heroes get into wacky adventures.

>what girls want to see
Self-inserts get dominated by alpha males.

>what manchildren want to see
Lobotomized kindergarten schoolgirls frolic and kiss each other.
>>
File: img000026.png (274KB, 812x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img000026.png
274KB, 812x1200px
Thinly veiled recommendation thread? It exists, you're just too lazy to find it.
>>
>>133791520
>what boys want to see
>Asexual heroes get into wacky adventures.

yay one piece
>>
>>133790583
Anime tho?
>>
>>133790502
This is why Shirayuki Akagami is one of the very few shows next season I look forward to.
>>
I WATCH A LOT OF ANIME. 10 ANIMES!!!! :p
>>
>>133791626

is Kyokou Suiri any good?
>>
>tomboy doujinshi
>she acts dominant and wild
>sex scene starts
>turns into blushing moeblob
>>133791432
*That sounds horrifically attractive
>>
File: img000058.png (484KB, 905x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img000058.png
484KB, 905x1300px
>>133791851
>2 year timeskip in the second chapter
>after timeskip the manga for a while follows the ex-girlfriend of the boy from
>>133791626
>when the heroine appears after the timeskip her first words to the ex-girlfriend are picture related
Oh, and the ex-girlfriend is of course still badly in love with him.

Other than that, it's pretty good, though the narrative doesn't really flow all that well and the dialogue is more novel-style at times. I didn't read the latest translated chapter yet, though.
>>
>wah why won't girls ask me out ;_;
Why not go for a series where the male MC actually tries to court a female?
>>
File: 029 - 028.png (723KB, 905x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
029 - 028.png
723KB, 905x1300px
>>133792032
Also, it gets pretty spooky at times.
>>
>>133792051
>You like X?
>Why not try liking Y instead?

This is why /a/ is shit, the needless elitism and the inability of neckbeards to understand that not everyone likes the same thing.
>>
>>133792372
Oh anon, I don't hate X. I'm tired of people bitching about Z instead of looking for X. That is why /a/ is shit, my fellow neckbearded dweller of this hell we call home.
>>
>>133790502
Get real. Characters like that exist, but most of /a/ will label her a bitch that forces herself on the pure and noble male character who should be with a different girl because REASONS. You can't win, anon.
>>
File: 1412530940170.jpg (319KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1412530940170.jpg
319KB, 1920x1080px
>>133792789
>but most of /a/ will label her a bitch that forces herself on the pure and noble male character
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>133790502
t. designated desperate normie newfaggot

SAGE AND MOVE ON.
>>
>>133792896
Here is your reply :)
>>
File: 1440266386350.jpg (22KB, 564x384px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440266386350.jpg
22KB, 564x384px
>>133790502
It exists.
>>
>>133790502
This seems like a start of shit storytelling by tumblr whales.
Most girls irl are more afraid of rejection compared to guys, especially when their so-called crush don't seem to be responding to their advances, thus the notice me senpai thing.
This is even worse in nipland.
>>
>>133792951
Ai is love, Ai is life
>>
>OP starting a thread
>he's not a faggot
>not a newfag
>not a ebin troll
>literally never happpens
Why?
>>
>>133791691
I don't know for sure, but is it Arlan Seki?
>>
>>133793095
Don't feed the normie faggots.
And no. It's not Arslan Senki.
>>
File: alpha GF.jpg (198KB, 870x1236px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
alpha GF.jpg
198KB, 870x1236px
>>133790502
does pic related count?
>>
>>133791402
The major
Balsa
Noa
Gunsmith cats
Madlax
Koko
Watashi
Shiki
Kino
Nausicaa
Ryuuko
Nakajima
To name a few. It's only uncommon in moe and romance
>>133790502
>>
>>133790502
>for the man
Ewwww.
>>
>>133793686
Anon, why are you replying seriously to someone fucking baiting for recs
>>
>>133790502
>>She goes for the man she's in love with instead of blushing and hoping senpai notices her
You know I like everything you listed but I don't think it's so bad for a girl to be cute and nervous sometimes.
Especially if it contrasts with her otherwise strong and confidant attitude.
>>
>>133791691
Dozen Nations
>>
File: aspiring wings.jpg (466KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
aspiring wings.jpg
466KB, 1200x750px
>>133791691
12 Kingdoms/Juuni Kokki.

I also suggest the novels. Don't expect the girls to be moeblobs and otaku-bait waifu: they are all flawed and unsympathetic first who struggled to grow up, facing their demons and reach their coming of age.

Or romance. There's very little of that shit.
>>
>>133790502
Mai Natsume is willing to stand up for herself.
>>
>>133790502
Yurippe
Motoko
>>
>>133790502
A good female character should NOT be

>STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMYN WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN
>bitchy
>selfish
>male sexuality in a girl's body

The problem is you like the wrong things. You've been indoctrinated into believing that a female character needs to act like a boy in order to be good.
>>
>>133794140
MaiOlev confirmed for most loyal to his waifu.

>>133794216
You can be none of those things and still not be a moeblob or a yandere, you know. Not every strong female character is a tumblr blogger. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that strong women and feminism are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>133794216
> A good female character
> The problem is you like the wrong things.

The OP never actually said that what he describes is "good" in some objective sense.

Is there something wrong with just having a personal preference for characters like that?
>>
>>133794007
Sounds perfect!

>>133793095
Thanks kind anon!

>>133793914
A good choice however wrong it was proven!
>>
File: 1447739554150.png (658KB, 600x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447739554150.png
658KB, 600x800px
>>133790502

But it does anon, pic related.

>senpai tried his hardest not to notice her
>the flimsiest of excuses and he caves hard, they screw till dawn for three days straight, one scene MC almost walks to kitchen naked the next morning she turned him out so hard
>cute, funny, but not overbearing, interactions don't seem like scripted gags
>not idealized, has flaws, but tries to manage them
>idiots will claim she is a yandere without understanding the context of the situation

Don't get much better than this.
>>
>>133794314
He was obviously making a judgement. He thinks shrinking violets are sexists, old fashioned, and don't belong in 2015.
>>
File: LuciferBH_.png (129KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
LuciferBH_.png
129KB, 849x1200px
>You'll never swear eternal allegiance to a middle-school girl
>>
>>133794140
>her
>>133793686
Not like I agree with OP, but almost none of the girls fit this criteria:
>She goes for the man she's in love with instead of blushing and hoping senpai notices her
>>
>>133794363
Gamagoori Ira, please leave.
>>
>ITT: anons replying seriously to a not subtle rec thread
>>
File: 1401457990053.png (19KB, 409x347px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401457990053.png
19KB, 409x347px
Okay /a/, when it comes to the main heroine:

Senpai or Kouhai?
>>
File: 8044636.jpg (69KB, 314x417px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
8044636.jpg
69KB, 314x417px
>>133794216
There's nothing wrong with boyish girls as long as they feel comfortable with their own skin and aren't trying to "prove" they are manly. That's why Youko is great. She's not a forced tomboy, she forced herself to play the role of girly girl while she preferred to tomboy around and got to be herself in the end.

Nothing wrong to be girly either as Shoukei is.

To them, their strength was to grow compassionate from their more selfish, jaded and bitchy attitudes (because their lives sucked) and with that kindness and maturity they gained, they became admirable. They both also have a close relationship with a guy, but the series isn't focusing on romance so it only lightly teases it. All of them have an understanding, and their goals, and they cherish and support each other without some kind of sick dependence that you often see on anime.

A little of selfishness isn't bad either, it just makes the characters, male and female, more realistic.
>>
>>133794424

Senpais are good, but the relationship tends to be too uneven, either the senpai becomes too lovey dove for the kouhai, or the kouhai is too beta and puts the senpai on a pedestal.

With a kouhai heroine, the MC often learns to respect the younger one despite age or experience difference, so the relationship becomes more equal.

So kouhai heroine definitely.
>>
okami-san and her seven companions looks like its going to be regular tsn-tsn and it mostly is, but it hits all your requirements.
>>
File: losing it.jpg (730KB, 1148x983px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
losing it.jpg
730KB, 1148x983px
>>133794321
Warning though: anime adds two anime only characters (one, another was a minor character who was reinvented) to make them join Youko's journey and externalize the conflict, but it's ok as adaptation. The third season (second Kei arc) is amazing in the anime. A must see.

Second warning: the girl trio that is fleshed out in the anime (Youko, Suzu and Shoukei) all start as really really obnoxious and uncomfortably human (these aren't flaws people overlook like "she eats too much" or "fails tests") they are bad, petty people in a noncrazy way. The trials the show put them through make them grow and mature to be kind and compassionate.
>>
They're rare, but they exist
>>
File: img000004.jpg (682KB, 891x1400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img000004.jpg
682KB, 891x1400px
>>133794501
I get your argument, but I respectfully disagree.

Senpais are the best.
>>
>>133794381
Yeah, but only because those characters don't exist in most of their shows. They're not senpai notice me characters.
>>
>>133794501
The senpai heroine could learn to do the same thing.
>>
File: 1362200032236.png (394KB, 860x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1362200032236.png
394KB, 860x720px
>>133794562
>They're rare
They're literally everywhere.
>>
File: 1442519726533.jpg (377KB, 573x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442519726533.jpg
377KB, 573x800px
>>133790502
>>
>>133794583

That is fine. I just tend to like a person in a higher position coming to like and respect someone of a "lower station". It shows a type of maturity and humility I favor.
>>
File: 02.jpg (100KB, 700x1100px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
02.jpg
100KB, 700x1100px
Best romance
Best girl
prove me wrong
>>
>>133794381
True. Mai does act flustered around the guy she loves rather than being aggressive. However she admits her feelings to herself, so there isn't a tsundere-style situation with the girl obviously loving a guy but refusing to accept it.

>>133794424
Mai is a kouhai so I'll go with that.
>>
>>133794607

That was why I said "tends", it happens, but I rarely see it.
>>
File: img000018.jpg (682KB, 1123x1600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img000018.jpg
682KB, 1123x1600px
>>133794688
But doesn't >>133794607 have a point? That can happen in both cases.
>>
>>133794637
Ryuko is a lesbian, nigga. There's not even a male love interest in Kek la Kek
>>
File: f.png (474KB, 969x1400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
f.png
474KB, 969x1400px
So what's wrong with moeblobs?
>>
File: 1405963714765.jpg (96KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405963714765.jpg
96KB, 1440x1080px
>>133790502
>>
>>133794768
Whats wrong with Yuri?
>>
>>133794772
Moe as a character trait isn't negative, but if that's ALL they are, like the writers just gave up, then that sucks. That's what I think when I see "moeblob."

Moe is great as long as there's something else present as well to support it.
>>
>>133794845
Well what's your thought on pic related?
>>
>>133790502
>Nishimiya
I hate this girl. She's too perfect. And not a good "perfect", but a boring one.
>>
>>133794801
It's cancerous pandering to otaku, who should never be pandered to. Yuri exists because otaku are jealous of seeing other males get women.
>>
>STRONG FEMALE RECOMMENDATION THREAD

Why is this shit still here?
>>
>>133790502
What editor did OP use to put/edit the punching hand in?
>>
>>133795072
>not a flustering moeblob
>strong
>muh false dichotomy
>>
File: sude-substyle.png (429KB, 704x527px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sude-substyle.png
429KB, 704x527px
>>133790502
Does Sukeban Deka count?
>>
Saeko from Highschool of the Dead would fit, no?
>>
>>133790502
Because "Time spent"/"Profit gained" relationship guarantees that anything requiring actual talent to write will not be considered worth the effort.

If you take a look at ANY of the most commercially succesful media titles, then you'll notice a common pattern where visual art quality is used to make up for the shitty writing in order to keep the sales up.
>>
File: 1448069005998.gif (257KB, 308x294px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448069005998.gif
257KB, 308x294px
>>133795209
Fuck yes it does.
>>
>>133794956
>too perfect
Everyone feels awkward in her company and she tries to commit suicide.
Shit anon I never want to meet someone you consider flawed.
>>
>>133790502
You just prove yandere are the best kind of girls.
>>
>>133790502
>hoping senpai notices her
What's the origin of this because I haven't came across any anime where the girl says this.
>>
>girl starts out as a spineless moeblob
>develops into a strong personality
Has any anime ever done this?
>>
File: Djjmj7O.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Djjmj7O.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>133790502
On the other hand, there is Ange.
>>
>>133790502
>This literally never happens
Read josei titles.
>>
>>133795424
It's a shitty reddit meme.
>>
File: c18_09eeee.png (84KB, 195x444px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
c18_09eeee.png
84KB, 195x444px
>>133795424
It's a standard trope for kouhai characters to have low self-esteem and worry that their senpai won't be interested in them but still hope that they'll attract their attention. A prime example of that is Sakura from FSN who idolizes her senpai and hopes that he'll pay attention to her even though at the same time she considers herself unworthy of it.

It serves to make the character seem cuter. I don't think that's a negative trait in itself; it all depends on how the character as a whole is structured and whether there's more to them than that. In the case of Mai for example I think that this is the case.
>>
>>133795471
Twelve Kingdoms is pretty much this, and it's especially strongly present in the novels (I really resent what they did to Youko's characterization in the first part of the anime).

She starts out as a meek, submissive little bitch who's terrified of making waves and plays along with other nasty assholes in order to fit in. She grows up into a strong leader with the resolve to do what she thinks is right.

Every protagonist in the series gets their own story of growth in a similar sense.
>>
>>133794363
>middle-school girl
So she failed in final exam twice?
>>
File: 1424841922468.jpg (156KB, 865x924px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424841922468.jpg
156KB, 865x924px
>>133790502
Because when it happens /a/ dislikes it because "best girl never win" and thinks the male MC is gay for not going for his favorite girl even when it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>133795775
it would help if it happened without the girl being an antagonising tsundere
>>
>>133795768
She's 15 and in her last year?
That fits doesn't it?
>>
File: 1421595098130.png (587KB, 1105x1600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421595098130.png
587KB, 1105x1600px
>>133795814
Why does a girl need to be automatically all over the MC as soon as he appears? She thought he was a useless newbie until he proved otherwise and earned her respect, and then her love, and when she realized she didn't leave to fate, confessed and worked so he would also love her with success.
>>
Queen Millenia - Millenia and Selene
A Kite - Saya
Project A-ko - A-ko Magami and B-ko Daitokuji
Angel Cop - Angel
Appleseed - Deunan
Bakuretsu Tenshi - Meg and Jo
Bayonetta: Bloody Fate - Bayonetta and Jeanne
Blade & Soul - Alka
Blood: The Last Vampire
Iczer Series
Bubblegum Crisis/Crash/2040
Burn Up Series
Dirty Pair/Dirty Pair Flash - Kei and Yuri
Fireball
First Squad: Moment of Truth
Fuse: Teppou Musume no Torimonochou
Gall Force Series - Various
Gatchaman Crowds - Hajime
Genocyber - Elaine
Ghost in the shell - Motoko Kusanagi
Gunsmith Cats - Rally Vincent
Haja Taisei Dangaioh - Mia Alice
Hellsing - Integra
Iria - Zeiram the Aniamtion - Iria
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita - Watashi
Jormungand - Koko Hekmatyr
Karen Senki - Karen
Kill la Kill - Ryuuko
Kino no Tabi - Kino
Devil Hunter Youko - Youko
Mezzo DSA/Forte - Mikura
Queen Emeraldas - Emeraldas
Seirei no Moribito - Balsa
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi - Chihiro
Shamanic Princess - Tiara
Sol Bianca - April Bikirk
Gunbuster/Diebuster - Noriko, Lal'C, Nono
Tokyo ESP - Rika Urushiba
Witch Hunter Robin - Robin
Wizard Barristers - Cecil
Patlabor - Noa Izumi
Vexille - Serra Vexile
Majo no Takkyuubin - Kiki
>>
>>133795266
>Everyone feels awkward in her company
These are the imperfections of others, not hers.
>and she tries to commit suicide.
It was not her fault, but a result of the evil (imperfection) of others.

My problem with Nishimiya is that, despite having been through it all, she never had any moment of anger, hatred or bitterness. She is too good, too kind, too perfect, too fake.
>>
>>133795943
>She thought he was a useless newbie until he proved otherwise and earned her respect
Not him, but that doesn't stop her from being a tsundere. There's a difference between needing to earn ones respect and being annoying and hostile because it's "cute".
>>
>>133796039
No.
>>
I hate this thread and everyone in it.

Please die, all of you.
>>
>>133795943
A) see>>133796049
B)I never said to be all over the mc. Not being antagonising and/or tsun doesn't force you to be all over the mc. The fact that you make that connection shows how disgustingly common this stupid dichotomy between "I won't accept you" and "you're the beeeest" is.
>>
File: 1419037248006.jpg (763KB, 1041x1500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419037248006.jpg
763KB, 1041x1500px
>>133796049
Mine was never hostile toward him though, the only time she hit him was in their first chapter together when he was complaining about his orders when she was appointed his superior, and he hit her back the same chapter. All other were 4th wall jokes and mutual banter.
>>
>>
>>133791626

...okay, I just read this now thanks to this. It's fun. Thanks.
>>
>>133792032
Did she just brag about fucking that girl's ex?
>>
File: 1417203185300.jpg (184KB, 823x566px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417203185300.jpg
184KB, 823x566px
>>133796179
and you see this
>>133796184
Not being completely welcoming with new people doesn't make someone antagonizing, in fact she immediately acted as his friend and was always the closest girl to Tatsumi in Night Raid. Other characters were "welcoming" but distant until much later. The only dichotomy here is the one you're projecting.
>>
>>133794424
Senpai who would rely on you for decision making and stuff are objectively the most superior being ever.
>>
>>133790502

But this does happen all the time
But
>not a yandere
Nope.
>>
>>133794562
>They're rare

No they're not.
>>
>>133794278
>Not every strong female character is a tumblr blogger. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that strong women and feminism are mutually exclusive.

This. The femisluts want people to think they are strong but they are weak. A strong woman would never side with such a pussy movement
>>
>>133796969
>A strong woman would never side with such a pussy movement

QFT
>>
>>133796969
>>133794278
>>133797078
>In fact, I'd go as far as to say that strong women and feminism are mutually exclusive.
>QFT

Jesus christ take it back to /pol/ or /r9k/ or wherever it is you mongrels commiserate about evil wimmins.
>>
File: img000059.png (430KB, 905x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img000059.png
430KB, 905x1300px
>>133796437
No, she didn't recognize her at the time, bringing up losing her virginity just seemed like a good idea at the time, I guess.
>>
File: img000079.png (493KB, 905x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img000079.png
493KB, 905x1300px
>>133797552
Though she does start gloating the instant she recognizes her.
>>
>>133797535
Found the kek
>>
>>133796969
Fuck off back to /r/MensRights and stop trying to derail the thread.
>>
>>133790502

Kare Kano
Hataraki Man
Many others mentioned in this thread

you're basically a little kid with shit taste
>>
File: fujiko.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fujiko.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>133790502
>implying
>>
>>133798467
Who is this shaft superior?
>>
>>133797819
FUCK OFF YOU CANCEROUS REDDIT PIECE OF SHIT

This thread was made by a redditor using reddit memes and is being posted in by redditors. It's an unholy alliance of femdom faggots and cancerous redditors who think that female characters who are shy and vulnerable are sexist and misogynistic.

On top of that, this is a blatant recommendation thread with OP posting shamelessly, with garbage like

> Thanks, I'll check it out, XD!

And then you have the audacity to make more reddit references here? Fuck off. FUCK OFF.
>>
>>133799022
You sure are easily triggered mate.
>>
>>133791881
Whoa /a/non. My dick can only get so hard.
>>
>>133791626
>>133792032
What's the deal with the release schedule of this manga? Just found out there's been a new chapter after reading the others a bunch of months ago, and apparently there's another one coming December? Did it die and revive?
>>
>>133799022
>Thanks, I'll check it out, XD!
Other than the ecksdee, what's wrong with thanking people who helped you? Didn't your mommy teach you any manners?
>>
>>133800206
It reveals that this is a blatant recommendation thread.
>>
>>133790502

It kinda happens in some shojos. But they eventually end up surrendering to some alpha boy. Just accept it OP, no one wants that kind of character, not even women.
>>
File: KanameChidori.jpg (48KB, 415x351px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
KanameChidori.jpg
48KB, 415x351px
>>133800264
Fuck off, shithead. The majority of female characters are bitchy and assertive. You and OP are pretending you're in some kind of minority when you aren't.

It's harder to find shy, blushing girls than it is to find bitchy loud girls.
>>
>>133800432
>Bitchy
>Good
Where are the assertive women who AREN'T bitches?
>>
>>133798467
Listen to this man OP, he knows what he's going on about.
>>
>>133800540
Such as . . . ?
>>
>>133790502
>She goes for the man she's in love with instead of blushing and hoping senpai notices her

Women don't work like that though. Women have developed reproductive strategies that work by cultivating incertitude and what is colloquially called 'spinning the plate', that is, ensuring enough choice to allow her to retract at any moment.

Most women literally can't get out of this deeply imprinted behaviour. They literally can't seek a man and tell him they want to have sex with him, even though they really want to.

As bullshit as is the standard of interaction between the gender in the traditional anime, at least Japan got it right on that. A woman will never be forward because incertitude is a useful tool in the early stage of her relationship and even more, it will be useful all her life.
>>
File: 1400813399649.jpg (25KB, 361x397px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400813399649.jpg
25KB, 361x397px
Tenchi Muyo was made before shoving every girl into little archetypes was popular, so it's girls can't be categorized as "the tsundere", "the moeblob", or "the tomboy".

Admitedly some girls do fit. Chiaia's a tsundere and so is Lithia, Yukine's a kuudere, D's a dandere of a sort.
>>
>>133790502
>>133790502
>Why aren't there shows about powerful women pursuing guys they like?
Because this is a pretty fucking specific plotline and it's not very popular, you idiot.
>>
>>133799766
Are you new to manga or are you seriously expecting mangaka to churn out 80 page chapters each month?

It's bimonthly.
>>
>>133794363
I want to swear eternal allegiance to a middle school girl
>>
>>133790502

Actually it does.
>>
>>133802512
Who wouldn't?
>>
>>133796125
>>133795072
>>133794411
>>133799022
>>133800252
Here's your reply.
>>
>>133790583
I came in here to post this reference, and it was the 4th reply. Good job, anon.

See also:
Balsa
Birdy
Cagali
Saki from SSY
Scarlet from Space Dandy
for starters
>>
>>133800884
I know plenty of women who act decisively in many aspects - romance, career etc.

Perhaps you just don't know many women.

I mean seriously, have you never been out and see a woman just go over and grab a dude and make out with him?
>>
>>133806096
>expecting robots to know shit about women
>>
>>133790502
Watch more anime
>>
File: choc.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
choc.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>133790502
>>
File: spoon-feeding.jpg (111KB, 425x282px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
spoon-feeding.jpg
111KB, 425x282px
>>
>>133806403
It annoys me when they speak like they're experts on the subject when they have no grasp of it at all, especially when they trip into quasi-behavioural psychology speak (which they have an equally poor grasp of).

Idiots shouldn't be suffered.
>>
>>133806728
Well, they have no other way to feel good about themselves, so I can kinda understand.
>>
File: kurohime-649185.jpg (167KB, 800x1302px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kurohime-649185.jpg
167KB, 800x1302px
>>133790502

my favorite mango has all of that
>>
File: 1410324176035.jpg (77KB, 335x326px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1410324176035.jpg
77KB, 335x326px
>>133798467
S2 when
>>
>>133806803
Well if true that's just sad.
>>
>>133791432
Jesus Christ have you ever left your basement?
>>
File: 1400196945867.png (494KB, 1000x865px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400196945867.png
494KB, 1000x865px
>>133790502
>>
>She goes for the man she's in love with instead of blushing and hoping senpai notices her
Why does this matter?
>>
>>133791634

Seriously, I can't get into most Shonen series because how they handle it. Either have romance or don't even hint at it, I hate how they flirt that stupid line withour any resolution. At least in Naruto everyone gets married.

>One Piece
Characters confess to MC/flirt with MC, making romance relevant in the moment. MC is literally oblivious/asexual, leaving that plot point pointless.
>Bleach
Character literally confesses over sleeping MC while she goes off to sacrifice herself or whatever, and is always thinking talking about MC romantically. MC never gets involved in plot point, making it pointless.

Seriously, either nothing and no flirting/confessions, or give us resolution.

I mean come on, even Dragon Ball and DBZ has marriages in it, awful, irrelevant marriages, but at least there's a conclusion thrown in.
>>
The main love interest in molester man, the second one.
>>
>>133790502
This is what I want but never going to get.
Feels bad man.
>>
>>133790502
You must be searching for this: http://myanimelist.net/anime/3461/Gensou_Jotan_Ellcia
It has a good story with actually surprising plot developments. Too bad it also has what you mentioned.
>>
File: Hori-angry.jpg (40KB, 244x692px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Hori-angry.jpg
40KB, 244x692px
>>133790502
>>
>>133807747
One piece pretty obviously just does it as a joke.
>>
>>133790502
There was such a show last season, and it's getting S2 this spribg, fuck off.
>>
File: didn'tgetany.jpg (19KB, 495x279px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
didn'tgetany.jpg
19KB, 495x279px
>>133795486
My man.
>>
>>133806561
>>133798073

My Nigga
>>
>>133794216
You are literally the reason there are so many poorly written women, because writers are too concerned with making the male audience want to fuck or marry her. As a result, they are boring as fuck and lack interesting flaws. A female character does NOT have to act like a female who would appeal to you in real life to be a good character in anything but shitty waifubait series.

Gender swapping a male character to a female would be a safe way to make them interesting, but the instant the writer decides to make a girl he waters down her personality and ups her attractiveness to make her more palatable as a woman rather than as a character. Bitchy, selfish women can make excellent characters (eg Eva from Monster) even if they don't make good waifus.
>>
>>133790502

did you not see this thread >>133791484
>>
>>133800884
this anon gets it
mad women in the thread trying to pretend otherwise to feel better.
>>
>>133811886
>mad women in the thread

who?
>>
>>133812254
you
>>
>>133812296
No.
>>
File: fact.png (34KB, 207x239px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fact.png
34KB, 207x239px
>>133811886
>>
File: 1366237481599.jpg (65KB, 400x489px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1366237481599.jpg
65KB, 400x489px
>>133812338
Don't be so tsundere babe
>>
Emma Guzman, she was the best part of Garo.
>>
>>133812397
I have all of reality to back it up
>>
>>133790502
Slayers
but I don't remember Lina going for any dude
>>
>>133812890
Sure thing mate. Fuck off back to /r9k/ and circlejerk about the evils of vagina-bearers there. I'm here to read about Chinese cartoons.
>>
>>133813036
And why don't you go cry to tumblr about how all the big mean misogynists hurt your feelings.
Or better yet, cry to the boyfriend you got with absolutely no effort beyond sitting around and saying "yes" while accepting free food, drinks and gifts. Maybe he'll buy you even more stuff.
>>
>>133813147
I'm actually a man, but I guess you're too retarded to comprehend that other men might disagree with your literally Medieval conceptions regarding the sexes.
>>
>>133790502
What is Shirayuki?
>>
File: 1310632253097.jpg (48KB, 285x249px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1310632253097.jpg
48KB, 285x249px
>>133813249
Who said I assumed you were a woman
>>
>>133811886
There's no mad women, it's just men who hate forward women and don't want it in their anime.
>>
File: Best waifu.gif (975KB, 500x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Best waifu.gif
975KB, 500x375px
>>133801166
Tenchi's cast is a goddamn breath of fresh air compared to the shit we are given today. Ryoko is still one of the better female anime characters today.
>>
>>133812456
Jumping one too many conclusions there.

I only contributed a list of female MCs, so I wanted to know who was supposed to be "mad" in this thread.
>>
>>133813249
I don't see what's so offensive to women about >>133800884. It's a neutrally written comment and doesn't really pin blame on women, just states that it's the most useful sexual strategy for them. Actual girls can probably attest to how beneficial it is to stay passive a lot of the time. Even if it's a wussy way to do it, it's still the 'safest' way to interact with men.
>>
>>133813616
Making generalizations and presenting them as psychologically imprinted seems questionable to me, especially when presented with nothing to back them up. And the other guy's attempt to poison the well by claiming that anyone who disagrees is an SJW is irritating. That's the same shit /pol/tards pull when they claim that anyone who disagrees with their conspiracy theories is a Jewish shill.
>>
>>133813616
> what's so offensive to women

Trying to pass armchair evo-psych as truth offends everyone's intelligence.
>>
>>133813878
>>133813883
In tons of animals (especially mammals) you can see this. Males compete with eachother, females sit back and get competed over. For the most part this has not changed in humans. Yeah maybe a few women break the mold but the vast majority are obviously content to just sit back and never have to be under any pressure or stress and instead let the man do everything.
>>
>libtards cry about /pol/ and /r9k/ every time they read something they don't like (the truth)
Every time.
>>
>>133814376
That's exactly the kind of "just-so" conjecture that gives all of evolutionary psychology a bad name: it takes a personal perception of "how things are" with no quantifiable empirical research nor any statistical evidence to back it up, spins a fantastical evolutionary justification for it, and declares it an inexorable truth.

People who already want to believe it and don't want to put in the effort of any kind of source criticism will eat it up and feel validated that their emotionally based beliefs are "justified by science."

In the mean time anybody who actually cares about truth and science is left tearing out their hair in exasperation.

Anyway, this was supposed to be a Tibetan wall scroll board, not some infantile men versus women battleground.

On that note, it's safe to conclude that the OP just wasn't looking hard enough; there's plenty of material that matches their criteria, such as Best Girl right here.
>>
>>133815701
It's a well known fact that the only people who refuse to admit something is true unless some impossible study encompassing the ENTIRE world is done are people who know they're wrong but just don't want to admit.
You're like some Bigfoot enthusiast who refuses to think it might not be real unless somebody somehow scans every square inch of the earth and the same time and proves Bigfoot isn't in any of them. And even then you'd probably come up with some excuse like "yeah well he can probably just become immune to scanners so I'm still right!"
Like seriously how fucking delusional do you have to be to try and claim women aren't generally the passive one in relationships. You'd have to be a retard, or a woman yourself looking to protect your ego. If anything you're the one who should be giving some kind of evidence since you have the claims that are so ridiculously against common sense.
Oh and nice job with not one, but TWO "l-lets just change the topic and stop arguing" attempts since you know you have no ground to stand on.
>>
>>133816155
Not him but you have not presented any studies to back up your beliefs. You just claim that your beliefs are self-evident and should be accepted on that basis instead of actually putting any effort to support them.
>>
>>133816240
The sky is green.
Show me your peer reviewed scientific studies that PROVE the sky isn't orange.
>>
File: 1444853040400.jpg (560KB, 1048x1920px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444853040400.jpg
560KB, 1048x1920px
>>133790502
>female lead
>not a whimpering, spineless moeblob, actually has sex and can use her feminine wiles to her advantage
>sticks up for herself
>will literally a waste a nigga for getting in her way
>doesn't go weak in the knees for some generic self-insert
>not shoehorned into any kind of -dere category, just sexy and sensual all-around
>>
>>133808845
Thank you for this. Added to my backlog.
>>
>>133816155
>Like seriously how fucking delusional do you have to be to try and claim women aren't generally the passive one in relationships.

Feel free to point out where that specific claim was made.

Even if we presume that a general trend like that does exist, it doesn't make the bullshit layman evo-psych speculation (as in >>133800884 ) about it any more valid or useful. Even worse, that post immediately proceeds to claim that this is a universal, inescapable truth.

> women literally can't get out of this deeply imprinted behaviour

> A woman will never be forward because incertitude is a useful tool in the early stage of her relationship

You say that people deny that "women are passive in relationships" but that's a pretty fucking different statement from "the biological truthfact of the matter is that women are born to be blueballers and literally cannot help it because it is the best evolutionary strategy, this is a fact because of evolution and psychology. QED."
>>
>>133816240
Neither have you. Why should I believe anything you say. Why should I believe women are JUST as active and aggressive as men when that goes against every observation and experience I've made in my life.

Are you one of those faggots that will hide behind "muh science" as an excuse to deny literally everything you don't like? Do you think nobody can ever know ANYTHING unless there's a study done on it? I'm pretty sure I have 2 hands. I've spent my whole life seeing that I have 2 hands. Are you gonna tell me you won't believe I have 2 hands unless I link a study where 10 Harvard scientists spent 5 years carefully studying me and graphing charts for the entire time that I have 2 hands?
>>
>>133816550
>lupin
>self insert
the fuck

Also pic related meets all the criteria
>>
>>133816773
>the fuck

Exactly, can you really say all of the men Fujiko deals with are some bland LN expat?

No, they're gentleman thieves, or mafia triggermen, or assassins or general active criminal types.
>>
>>133816706
Relating personal observations is not the problem.

Using bogus pseudoscience to try to validate those personal observations as universally applicable and generalizable truths is the problem.

Sure, you have two hands, but some people have a hand or two amputated and some are born with a stub.
>>
>>133790502
>There are people on /a/ who haven't seen FLCL

What has the world come to?
>>
Alita did it, twice
>>
>>133816706
Oh, so you decided to call me out, huh? Bring it.

I never said that women are as sexually aggressive as men; I disagreed with the idea that you can ascribe human behavior to biological laws that apply to all animals. There is actually a body of research that shows that human female sexuality is in fact plastic and can be easily altered by social conditions. Here's a review on the topic:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10825779
>>
File: 1413213217078.jpg (35KB, 293x380px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413213217078.jpg
35KB, 293x380px
>>133816923
This is the stupidest, sperglordiest conversation I've ever seen outside of /pol/

Stop shitposting.
>>
>>133816647
>>133816829
>>133816923
Oh so you're all just mad that he said it like it applies to 100% of all females. Do you also think people are always actually being serious when they use the word "literally"?
Well I'm sorry I can't change what he said but do know I made sure to say "yeah maybe a few women break the mold". Still won't change the fact that most women probably go through their entire lives, with multiple relationships, and have never once had to be the one to approach the man and ask him out. When you see women giving and asking for dating advice it's always about "how can I get this guy to ask me out?". The thought of just asking him out herself never occurs to them because women are just far too risk averse and comfortable in their position of safety as the chooser that they virtually never put themselves in a position that they might be rejected. Hell I've tried suggesting they just do the asking before (on some of the more normalfag boards like /adv/) and the women there get mad and tell me to go back to /r9k/, like my suggestion that they put themselves out there is somehow so offensive to their core beliefs about women that it's sexist.
>>
>>133809412
/thread
>>
>>133790502
Nigga do you even Shirayuki
>>
>>133794424
Senpai who consults with you on important decisions but is otherwise reckless is literally god-tier.
>>
>>133794424
Same age. Duh
>>
>>133813495
Nope, this thread is filled with reddit cancer (men and women) who hate shy female characters and think they're sexist.

Honestly, everyone in this thread should be banned, you doubly so.
>>
File: 1448124307382.jpg (43KB, 494x366px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448124307382.jpg
43KB, 494x366px
>>133817926
Literally the plebbest of tastes
>>
>>133790535
/thread
>>
>>133806834
Does the bratty kid thing stop at any point? I hated it, but her as an adult was the bessssst.
>>
File: 1410862688450.png (277KB, 900x797px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1410862688450.png
277KB, 900x797px
>>133807137
best girl
>>
File: 682078921247893.png (108KB, 245x263px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
682078921247893.png
108KB, 245x263px
>>133790502
Sorry to break it to you, but Sakura seems to meet all your criteria. You may want to rething your priorities.
>>
>>133794801
Literally nothing.
>>
>>133793290
Name?
>>
Why is this thread still up? Fucking mods
>>
>>133822302
Takane no Hana Nara ochitekoi
Spoon feeding is wrong but it actually took me a little while to find this.
>>
>>133820674
>Pinkshit
>Sticking for herself
>>
File: 14341323123.png (178KB, 843x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
14341323123.png
178KB, 843x1200px
>>133795875
>>
>>133822302
Nozaki-kun 2.
>>
>>133796039

It stretches belief somewhat, but there are definitely people that would just internalize everything and blame themselves for abuse they suffer, and she seems to be a pretty prime candidate given her childhood. She's more believable if you think about it less from the perspective that she's too kind and nice to resent anyone, and more that she has such low self-esteem that thinks she deserves everything she gets.

Though I will agree that she's flawed in such a way that will be palatable to most people, unlike Ueno or Kawai, who are more realistically flawed (and thus more distasteful).
>>
>>133790502
Watch Utawarerumono.
Thread posts: 225
Thread images: 65


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.