[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering the story, what point was there for adaptation to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: overrated shit.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
overrated shit.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
Considering the story, what point was there for adaptation to be animated instead of live action? The anime adaptation uses no visual tricks unique to animation, with the exception of the cross dressing arc which wouldn't work at all with real actors.

The anime is treated almost like live action and doesn't take advantages of the animated medium whatsoever.

A live action adaptation could have done just as good, if not at times better job than the anime.
>>
>>133766885
There isn't. It's an anime adaptation because anime adaptations are the norm for manga. That's it. You might as well ask why The Hunger Games wasn't animated.
>>
>>133766885
Because locations would cost a lot of money. But all in all I loved it.
>>
>>133766978
I'm not talking about the type of a story, but rather how the story is presented.

As an example, Millennium Actress is a story that could just as well be told in live action, but it is the way that it's directed that wouldn't work in live action. You couldn't "copy" it exactly as a live action film and have it work because it uses visual imagery and directing styles that work only, or at least the best, with animation.

But Monster you could copypaste into live action and it would for the most part work well.
>>
>>133767134
>>133766978
>>133766885

maybe
>Considering the story

wasn't a good way to open it up since it kind of contradicts what I was going for
>>
>>133767184
That there's nothing in there in a directorial or screenplay sense that couldn't be done with actors and settings?

I had the same thought when watching it, but it was a nice break from too much highschool set stuff wearing down on me.
>>
>>133766885
If it's just as good, why bother?
>>
Because 3DPD is disgusting.
>>
>>133767134
>But Monster you could copypaste into live action and it would for the most part work well.

How do you do the sequence about the monster without a name in live action without it looking dumb?
>>
>>133769542

Didn't Harry Potter do something like that
>>
Live action sucks and you end up with really shitty performances ruining your story.

Live action film is the lowest form of art.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.