[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shamo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: a_1462.jpg (10KB, 337x238px) Image search: [Google]
a_1462.jpg
10KB, 337x238px
Just finished the series a few hours ago. What did /a/ think of Shamo?
>>
>>133740474

It ranged from awesome to plain bad.
Liked the past few volumes before Ryo died.
>>
>>133740474
Went to shit during china and never recovered. Should have ended when What's his face got put in a coma.
>>
>>133740474
Went full retard on the chinnese arc, i feel it hand a fitting ending anyway
>>
>tfw Sugawara never got his revenge and couldn't recover properly

It was pretty good. But I think the autistic little girl on the last arc was added for nothing.
>>
One of the best mangas turned bad.

Shoulda ended with sugawara, china arc was plain stupid and the twin retard arcs was fun for the characters, but not fun because it's shamo and the expectation were too high.
>>
>>133742316
I don't know man, the way i see it all of Ryou's rival's were at their peak and then a fucking retard comes along and (Ryou) and fucks everything up.

The last arc had Shamoman at his peak:
>enough cash
>crazy sister calmed
>broest of bros
>cute waifu

Then a couple of retards come along and fuck it all up, but on scale, it seemed fair to me.
>>
Chinese arc and the last arc ruined it
>>133742316
This, Sugawara should have atleast had a rematch of men.

The start to Sugawara vs Ryo's second fight is amazing. Then the Chinese arc ruined it. Hiatus for like 2 years. Artist comes back and does the story by himself and it started picking up again
>>
>>133742717
Picking up? Mary Sue Angel Dude and his champions of divine martial arts vs Poo-Head Ryo and his satanic fist Axis was horrible.
>>
>>133744105
Overall the story was great. I still can't like his sister though. What a cunt.
Then again, the story revolves around Ryo and his extraordinarily tragic life so that much is understandable.

The Chinese arc had potential but was let down by the superpowers. Since then the author struggled with keeping the story on track.

I hated the ending more than any ending I've read.
And that let down the overall manga.
>>
>All these plebs
Shamo has one of the best manga endings
>>
>>133744633
No it didn't.
>>
>>133740474
Made me want to learn karate/10
Chinese arc was bad, as stated.
Ending got me thinking, It was a great sad ending.
>>
>>133741327
>>133741957
>>133741241
this pretty much, ending eruined it for me completely
>>
>>133740474
Is this the series that had a change in author partway through and after retconning a bunch of stuff he went and wrote a bunch of garbage?
>>
All over the map. Ranged from great (the beginning) to awful (China).

The ending wasn't bad in theory, but would have been better without those two cartoon characters.
>>
>>133740474
I liked the China arc. I couldn't stand Dancer arc, on the other hand. Ot was fucking retarded, like holy shit.
Autism arc was ok too.
>>
>>133740474
I liked most all of it up until after the China arc. I thought the mysticism aspects of the martial art was kinda eh, but I just didn't let it bother me much; the point in the following arc however, the one with him somehow going from one of the best fighters to getting whooped by an old salaryman and high school age street punks, totally killed it for me. Wouldn't have minded so much if it was more thought out and paced better, rather than going through what was basically a more heavy handed retread of issues he already covered in the second arc of the manga.
>>
For me, it ended after the second fight with the second fight with the karate guy (in that temple or whatever). It was very good up to that point.
>>
>>133740474
I thought it had its ups & downs.
Really enjoyed the early story arcs, then thought the Chinese arc was terrible.
I'm a bit out of tune with others though, in that I actually liked the ballet-dancer arc, though I didn't think it was as good as the pre-China stuff, and it still had its disappointments
>>
>>133744440
>I still can't like his sister though. What a cunt.
She was a drugged up mess who barely knew who she was
>>
While I did find the ending underwhelming overall, I did at least like part of Ryo's final ruminations where he asked his real beginning was, killing his parents, meeting the old guy in prison, or somewhere else
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.