[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite Protagonists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 9

File: berserk.jpg (29KB, 400x417px) Image search: [Google]
berserk.jpg
29KB, 400x417px
Guts is my favorite main character of any manga. The way he never gives up, grabs life by its horns disregarding fate and doesn't let intimidation get the best of him, even when facing demigods while seemingly being nothing more than a superstrong man, earns my admiration. He is smart enough to trick opponents but not enough so it seems like bullshit, he feels pleasure in fighting his victims without sounding like the typical braindead barbarian character. He is a medieval magic Punisher and while the origin of his powers is magical, his effort isn't downplayed and everything is well explained. And even if Guts has access to magic, it isn't above him to use common weapons like a crossbow or throwing blades.

Guts is a solid 10/10 character to me.
>>
File: shamo v8.jpg (420KB, 800x1244px) Image search: [Google]
shamo v8.jpg
420KB, 800x1244px
Ryo Narushima. Completely individualistic, displays of sadism, but still a believable character. Even with all the problems, he still has nice moments and a few redeeming qualities.

Great to have a downright evil character from time to time. But, despite all that, he does not come off as a merely "edgy" type, you can actually understand him.

Great character and great manga, by far the best I've read this year. Also breaks all the clichés and the author was unafraid to dive deep into the dirtier aspects of society.
>>
>>133732109
Good pic.
>>
>>133732421
Started reading this a few weeks ago. This manga starts off so fucked up. (I assume there will be more fucked up parts in the future but still.)
>>
File: ragna.jpg (44KB, 400x356px) Image search: [Google]
ragna.jpg
44KB, 400x356px
I like Lina Inverse because she knows when to give up, when to run, when to fight. She's extremely clever and that cleverness, moreso than her power, is what wins her the day.

She also has a shit-ton of pride, greed, and other actual flaws, which make her a well-rounded character.

She's the perfect rogue hero, and it's a damn shame that Japan doesn't seem capable of making many characters, both male and female, on her level.
>>
File: School Rumble 28.jpg (170KB, 634x475px) Image search: [Google]
School Rumble 28.jpg
170KB, 634x475px
Harima is my main man.
>>
File: a.jpg (97KB, 1078x452px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
97KB, 1078x452px
>>133732109
I r8 Berserk 9.8/10, it's not 10/10 because it takes so fucking long for a single chapter to be released.
>>
File: 1173765356.jpg (131KB, 800x925px) Image search: [Google]
1173765356.jpg
131KB, 800x925px
>>133734057
btw, Utena is my favorite anime character, she's so normal, not perfect, and revolutionary in a way, love her. 10/10 character would not bang because waifu.

> pic related is utean best grill
>>
>>133734057
>Elfen Lied 6/10
>6/10

You wanna fucking dance, anon?
>>
File: totally_not_nyu.jpg (149KB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
totally_not_nyu.jpg
149KB, 500x483px
>>133734690
It's shit but it made me cry in the end so I rated 6/10 for that.

Also I like nyu and the intro music
>>
>>133733378
fuck I might just rewatch those
saw it a bit over 8 years ago
good points anon
>>
File: i4_cover2.jpg (246KB, 650x975px) Image search: [Google]
i4_cover2.jpg
246KB, 650x975px
Mai Natsume is my favorite protagonist as I find her both interesting and likable. She's very kind and polite but nonetheless shows considerable mental fortitude and determination. She doesn't act stupidly, is levelheaded, brave, quick-thinking and competent (thought not overwhelmingly so as she doesn't always succeed and does need help from others at times).

And she shows considerable character development over the course of her series. Mai was cast out of her family by her harsh father and sent to a boarding school, which caused her to feel abandoned and unwanted. However she was able to adapt to her new environment, as well as learn to open herself to and trust others as well as to make friends. Her friends in turn helped Mai to accept herself as she was and to overcome the feelings of inadequacy caused by her father's treatment of her. And in spite all of her personal difficulties and troubled past, Mai remained throughout a kind and caring girl who loves to help others.
>>
>>133733378
what animu is this?
>>
>>133734841
Slayers
>>
File: Halo_2_by_SxyfrG[1].jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Halo_2_by_SxyfrG[1].jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>133732109

I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.