[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreamworks' Ghost in the Shell Film Casts Sam Riley as Villain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: sam-riley.jpg (17KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
sam-riley.jpg
17KB, 400x225px
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-19/dreamworks-ghost-in-the-shell-film-casts-sam-riley-as-villain/.95560

Literally, who?
>>
>>133723883
>Literally, who?

That's pretty much how the normies going to see GitS will feel about it as being an adaptation.

>GitS
>literally, what?

Normies don't care and the producers know that so they can cast nobodies and if it flops who cares?
>>
>>133723883

Did you read the synopsis? cause with the amount of freedoms the screenwriters took with the plot this movie is going to be a complete trainwreck.

Casting a literal who can't fuck it up anymore.
>>
>>133724080
This. It won't have anything in common. Its just using character names and the brand name. HOLLYWOOD at its best.
>>
>>133723883
Doesn't really fit any antagonist I can think of, but then again the casting has been pretty awful so far. After Batou I really lost any hope. It's most likely some OC character. I wish ScarJo would just magically drop out of this shit so they would loose their only normie appealing factor and drop the projhect altogether.
>>
>Whitewashing
>simplification of the philosophical themes of the series
>They want an action movie with a sexy "empowering" female protag
>No Akio Otsuka

This movie will be awful and we knew that the second they announced it
>>
>>133724205
Fucking this. My normie brother is convinced that "as long as they get the right director it'll be good". He still acted stubborn and defended it when I told him it was gonna be directed by the literally who who directed Snow White and the Huntsman.
>>
>>133723883
>Hollywood actors on /a/'s front page
Absolutely disgusting.

Makes me feel like I'm on /tv/eedit.
>>
>>133724417
I wish /tv/'s film discussion was like reddits. Could finally discuss something other than memes.
>>
>>133724417
Yeah, not liking it either. Maybe TV wants those shitty threads instead?
>>
>>133724706
/tv/ and shit threads go hand in hand. That's all they have these days.
>>
>>133724205
>whitewashing
why does this matter in this case, the movie won't be set in japan so what would be the point of having an all asian cast running around in burgerland? it would just be distracting
>>
>>133724647
>hating memes
IT'S 2015 PEOPLE! COME ON!
>>
>>133724647
>discussion was like reddits
>wanting anything to do with reddit
>actually going to /tv/

Fucking crossboarders get worse and worse as time goes by.
>>
>>133724782
Maybe try reading dipshit
>The story follows the exploits of a member of a covert ops unit of the Japanese National Public Safety Commission that specializes in fighting technology-related crime

This is literally a giant fuck you to anyone who cared about the original series.
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
ScaJo is expensive enough.
>>
>>133725009
well, crap, in that case this shit is gonna be as retarded as Gods of Egypt
>>
>>133723883
By Sithis can we please boycott this movie? Maybe it will go away.

Why can't Hollywood just stick to their capeshit.
>>
>shitty female actress will get more money than production cost of all GitS anime

Just kill me
>>
>>133724342
>directed by the literally who who directed Snow White and the Huntsman
jesus fucking christ just kill me now, why can't hollywood let me be a weeb in peace
>>
> that synopsis

They'll actually keep the fact it takes place in Japan? No fucking way.
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 500x702px
Nobody knows that Batou face is inspired by Arnold right?

I would watch this oiece of Hollywood crap shit suck if it had Arnold as Batou.
>>
>>133723883
That dude is ugly.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 515x351px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 515x351px
Rinko Kikuchi plays Motoko?

I might give this a chance then.
>>
>>133726330
Japan is actually like central to the cyberpunk aesthetic. If you claim something is 'cyberpunk' without situating at least part of it in east asia, you're cyberpunk is full of shit.

Gibson agreed, don't bother him about it.
>>
>>133723883
>Thinking Hollywoo can adapt anything right
>>
>>133728389
Blade Runner is not in asia
>>
>jew version of anime

no thanks

I'll bet they'll even pair Motoko with a black guy for an "empowering" sex scene
>>
>>133728434
There's also nothing cyber about bladerunner.
>>
>>133723883
>Scarlett Johansson
I want to barf.
>>
>>133728459
What ?!
>>
>>133728434
>literally has blimps with Geishas on it flying around
>japanese and chinese neon signs everywhere
>>
>>133728446
don't be a discriminator against humans
>>
Gibson set his sequels to Neuromancer in the socially collapsed sprawl of middle america and I seem to remember the 3rd one was in London or some shit.

Neither of them was as half as good as Neuromancer, though, which I guess he attributes to cyberpunk needing to be inherently weeaboo?
>>
>>133728536
that's because the movie predicted globalisation and multiculturism.

wake up from your shithole we live in s multicultural shitworldcyberpunk now
>>
File: emma-stone1.jpg (147KB, 1003x791px) Image search: [Google]
emma-stone1.jpg
147KB, 1003x791px
>>133723883
he looks like Emma stone
>>
>>133728536
>The film depicts a dystopian Los Angeles in which genetically engineered replicants, which are visually indistinguishable from adult humans, are manufactured by the powerful Tyrell Corporation.
>>
>>133728571
Cyberpunk has been literally everywhere in the future.

Tokyo was the fastest to get cyber.
But LA is pretty much cyber
>>
>>133728518
You heard me. It's a dystopian noir sci-fi. It's a complete misnomer to call it cyberpunk when absolutely no part of it involves anything 'cyber'.
>>
>>133728608
nah he looks like that ugly bitch in mad men
>>
>>133728386
it'd be ok
>>
File: 1442675539492.jpg (30KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1442675539492.jpg
30KB, 500x359px
>directed by Rupert Sanders
fukken dropped
>>
>>133724205
this guy already said what I was gonna post

also they'll probably shove some jew bullshit in their like Motoko being paired with a black dude because "empowering" stronk female
>>
>>133729058
Sorry anon beat you to it. Also reminder that Motoko basically offered to fuck a young boy because she thought he was curious about her cyborg body and wanted to try having sex with it. Definitely an "empower" and beautiful womyn
>>
>>133728386
Nope. Motoko's gonna be played by Scarlett Johansson. I have no idea why she's so popular when she's not that attractive and she can't act for shit.
>>
>>133730479
It's an excuse to get Johansson naked
>>
>>133731907
Why the fuck would anyone wanna see Scarjo naked when she's ugly as fuck?
>>
>>133732077
Jews and their jew taste.
>>
This is fortunately destined for forgettable mediocrity. The faster this drops out of everyone's minds, the better.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.