[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Redhawk scans is dead Is anyone else picking up Hayate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10

File: SHIT.jpg (80KB, 801x165px) Image search: [Google]
SHIT.jpg
80KB, 801x165px
>Redhawk scans is dead
Is anyone else picking up Hayate and Nisekoi?
>>
Viz for Nisekoi.
>>
>>133699515

Maybe viz dump guy can do Nisekoi.

Please I need my Chitoge fix.
>>
So it's MS for NnT now? Could be worse, but this isn't great news.
>>
>Scanlators closing their doors
>MS is picking up everything
>Soon they will go the Cruncyroll route
>>
>>133700379
NnT is being done by CR too. I'd rather have the bro who dumps the UQ Holder chapters to dump the NnT chapters too than rely on MS from now on.
>>
;_;
>>
>>133700413
It's all a plan by the manga industry. They're waiting until MS has grown and become the only source of free scans available, and then they'll shut down the whole operation in one cunning move that destroys the spirits of the free manga reading user base. Rather than risk us giving up manga out of apathy, they'll make it a total defeat.
>>
>>133700356
Or you can just download on Nyaa.
Even some online readers upload the Viz chapters from World Trigger and Black Clover if they aren't released until Monday.
>>
>>133699515
Check the catalog senpai.
>>
>>133700795
How many people actually upload translated manga on nyaa?
>>
I bet they are Nagifags ragequitting
>>
>>133701058
*Marikafags
>>
>>133700413
Nah, everyone has most of their series elsewhere already. They'd just shut them down as hard as they can. (Although I'd imagine they'd go back to their spoiler summaries or whatever they did that couple of times.)
>>
File: laugh.gif (903KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
903KB, 400x300px
>>133699515
>>
It's cool how unlike every other medium manga and anime going "legit" for distributing everything on a timely basis has resulted in the destruction of basically an entire fanbase and fanworks.

Woo, I for one look forward to this Crunchyroll/Fakku/Niggastream-after-buyout era of dry, boring, contextless subs/translations, shit quality streams, shit-rez DRM webbrowser scans, and the death of any hentai that isn't boring vanilla shit
>>
>>133700413
This is all a part of Daiz's master plan. The sad part is he has almost succeeded.

>>133700974
The RHS versions are uploaded but there's no one to scanlate anymore so it's a moot point.

I just want my Hayate no Gotoku since we're so fucking close to the end of the series. God damnit.
>>
>>133701058
>>133701091

Both.
>>
>>133701215
We're getting one new volume of Hayate only every six months in English. It'll be ten years before it catches up to where the manga currently is in Japan.

I need my fix.
>>
>>133701215
They're emboldened since manga is red hot in America again. They think now is their chance to force people to go full digital when buying manga. You can thank Attack on Titan for that.

They're just about to the point where they're going to cause the next big crash. People will stop buying print to buy digital (if Daiz has his way) and then quickly drop buying digital altogether when they realize that it's a huge waste of money.

Everything will end up as a subscription service for ~$10/month unlimited and no one will make any money.
>>
>>133699515
God, I sure hope not.
Let me enjoy my freedom.
>>
>>133701479
>Hayate
Until DKT outright said the project is dropped, there's no indication that scanlation's ceased for good. It'll probably just take longer than usual since now the raw providers will hopefully have the sense to not release too early.
>>
Man, I'm afraid that the death of scanlations is just an inevitability. We probably won't have another manga boom in this lifetime where a lot of new groups start up.
>>
>>133701658
We're probably just going to have to settle for uncleaned, poorly-typeset /a/ translations in comic sans font in the future. Feels bad man.
>>
>>133701658
It's not like they were good to begin with
>>
>>133700413
It's impossible. There are literally more series being scanned than CR could pay people to translate.
>>
>>133701930
There are a few that aren't that bad.
>>
>>133700413
Only shonenshit is mainly affected.

No one is gonna give a fuck about ecchi manga because face it, America ain't never gonna license something like Qwaser.
>>
only the online reading morons, the english only plebs, the entitled english only plebs, and mangafox worshipping fucks will be affected by this
>>
>>133701519
>manga is red hot in America again
I literally know two other people who read manga at all, and both are shounenfags who haven't bought anything since middle school.
>>
>>133702105
>only the online reading morons, the english only plebs, the entitled english only plebs
So basically everyone.
>>
>>133702140
So?
>>
>>133701275
Being Nagifags made them come crashing to the ground in sorrow, being Marikafags finished the kill
>>
>>133702187
So "manga is red hot in America" strikes me as an overexaggeration.
>>
>>133702105
pretty much all the other languages outside of Korean and Chinese retranslate from the Eng scans
>>
>>133702060
This. No one's going to shut down Shoujo Sense, no one's going to shut down Hox, no one's going to shut down Prozess. It literally only matters if a group is scanlating a top-selling, ongoing, shounen or "dark and mature" seinen.
>>
>>133702283
Funny thing is that the Gantz scanlators translated from Jap to Spanish first and delayed English translations for one to two weeks because the English fanbase for Gantz had significantly dropped off by that point in time and they got more hits from mexican readers.

The Gantz scanlators were Mexicans by the way.
>>
>>133702507
Those are the exceptions, far from the norm.
>>
Is this a prank? Thats how impscans wrote theirs and they are just gonna copy that? Fake
>>
>>133701519
>They're emboldened since manga is red hot in America again.

ITT: Something that isn't actually happening.
>>
>>133701766
Remember GTO scanlations?
>>
File: GTO_v01_010.jpg (227KB, 930x1400px) Image search: [Google]
GTO_v01_010.jpg
227KB, 930x1400px
>>133703034
I don't
>>
File: asdcx21.jpg (315KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
asdcx21.jpg
315KB, 480x854px
So...does that means Red Hawk NEO is dead as well?
>>
Why are Imperial and Redhawk scans choosing to drop like flies during the most important time of the year?
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 284x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 284x297px
serves them right faggots
>>
>>133703285
Because the guy doing the leaks for a bunch of these speedscan groups got arrested, and now he's leading the cops to the raw providers and the groups want to cut their losses before someone goes after them.

> the most important time of the year
What?
>>
>>133703034
That vietnamese or whatever group? What about them?
>>
>>133703442
I think his point is that they were awful and that no matter how bad it gets, it won't be as bad as a lot of the stuff we used to get.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 306x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 306x300px
>>133703425
>Because the guy doing the leaks for a bunch of these speedscan groups got arrested, and now he's leading the cops to the raw providers and the groups want to cut their losses before someone goes after them.
>>
>>133703488
Go check the archives or the NnT thread if you don't believe me.
>>
>>133699515
Wow, really? That's awful, they were pretty alright and were around for a long time.

>>133700356
Horrible uploads entire viz volumes every week, I hate Nisekoi so you ain't getting it from me.
>>
>>133703582

Can you post the link ?
>>
>>133700413
I believe MS is so firmly in a mire of filth and criminal activity that that won't ever happen, but who knows?
>>
>>133703596
I remember reading their shit since the original TLR which was like 7 years ago. A long time indeed.
>>
>>133701658
There are still loads of scanlators. Scanlation groups have always come and gone. Always. It's just rough seeing the older ones go.
>>
File: 1444497961618.gif (2MB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
1444497961618.gif
2MB, 500x558px
DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!
>>
>>133701766
>>133701658
Horriblescans will be the only thing left in a few years, just like how all fansub groups are just ripping Crunchyroll, Daisuki, or Funimation simulcasts now.
>>
>>133703918
Dude, my reading list has over 200 series, and that's not even 10% of the scanlation scene, no way in hell a single company or two have enough manpower to translate all that shit.
>>
The story started off so hopeful too.

Daiz was a plucky, young lad with a heart of gold who wanted to better the community with higher standards.

He fought so long that the darkness of money corrupted him. Just like many before him.

Who will step in his shoes and be strong enough to break the cycle?
>>
>>133701766
DuwangScans when?
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 640x360px
w well I'm a translator by profession I can translate at least the most popular series, I just need some time to learn how to typeset things properly , cleaning etc
>>
>>133703918
There are forty-odd anime running at any given time. There are thousands of manga running or being translated at any given time, with a much smaller total English-speaking audience than anime. There is no chance of a few companies centralizing even a small fraction of that.
>>
>>133704188
Typesetting is pretty dang easy, you just need the fonts.

That's all I can talk about. CC wild words is popular.
>>
>>133704188
I'm sure if you just found raws for whatever you wanted and posted them with translations, some monkey would typeset for you and random anons do edit and QC.

The hard part is cleaning, but a lot of groups don't even bother with that.
>>
>>133703834
>>133704039
ADD IT TO THE LIST
>>
>>133704188
This >>133704302. That's how most /a/ scanlations begin in the first place. Like what the SYD TL did
>>
>>133704193
>>133704032
That's the point I'm trying to make. In a few years, we're only going to have a few dozen manga available at the same pace as they are in Japan, courtesy of rippers of CR and Viz and whoever else is in the English publishing space. /a/ scans will be sporadic and few, assuming /a/ even has that culture left in a few years. Scan groups will die out as translators and cleaners move to be hired by Viz and other real companies so they can make some money, or be shut down by DMCAs brought on by Japanese companies courtesy of the TPP.

It's the End Times.

>>133703834
BUILD WALL
BYUTIFUL WALL
MAKE THEM PAY
>>
>>133704427
You're being an alarmist supreme. None of that is going to happen. There are more scanlators than companies want to or are able to hire, and far too many people doing far too many insignificant projects for copyright laws to capture all of them.
>>
>>133704427
As has been said before, it won't. Because again, as has been said, there's way too many titles. This is completely different from anime.
>>
>>133704523
The good ones will join companies. The bad ones will stick around and release shit like Mangapanda.

>>133704796
>Way too many titles
What part of titles being dropped don't you understand? This has happened time and again, most series are dropped before they end unless they're super popular like Shounen Jump stuff or really niche, like Addicted to Curry.
>>
>>133701273
>moot

Who?
>>
>>133704858
The part where you're being a paranoid alarmist who link dropping series with official releases.
>>
>>133704427
Anime groups died out because most of the stuff they worked on was translated faster by CR, leaving only a few unpopular shows nobody cares about.
The same thing can never happen to the manga scene because it's too different. Other not as popular groups will keep working on their stuff because nobody touched them.
>>133704858
>The good ones will join companies. The bad ones will stick around and release shit like Mangapanda.
nyaa had like what? 10-15 competent groups when CR started going legit, that's like a drop in the ocean compared to the manga scene.
>>
>>133704858
>What part of titles being dropped don't you understand? This has happened time and again, most series are dropped before they end unless they're super popular like Shounen Jump stuff or really niche, like Addicted to Curry.
You're misunderstanding the reason CR and Funi spelled the end for fansubbing. It's not because they took all the fansubbers, it's because they took all the series. Most potential fansubbers feel no motivation to sub a series if someone else is already doing it, will have it out before the fansubbers even see the raws, and everyone is going to have watched the other version before the fansubbers complete theirs. So when almost every series is taken, fansubbing dies. This can't happen with manga.

>The good ones will join companies. The bad ones will stick around and release shit like Mangapanda.
Except a ton of the good ones are people with normal jobs who only translate shit they personally like as a hobby.
>>
>>133705053
Quite a number of moon-speakers actually happen to shitpost on /a nowadays/. You just have to attract them somehow by waving an interesting project into their face
>>
>>133702227
>Kill
>In a series with winner confirmed ever since chapter 1
If anything Marikafags are gonna be relieved that she wouldn't ended up with that faggot.
>>
Anyone know where I can download Redhawk's Nanatsu no Taizai?
>>
>>133708865
Internet.
>>
>>133700413

>MS is picking up everything

They can barely decide on what to do as is, and have mostly only stuck to WSJ titles. At one point they were only doing Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, D.Gray-Man, Hunter x Hunter (lel), Toriko, Reborn!, Claymore, Fairy Tail, Hajime no Ippo, and Cage of Eden.

Even then they only did two chapters of Cage of Eden. I know they got knocked by Viz once before and had to stop releasing shit, so it's only a matter of time before that happens again
>>
>>133708865

Fire up em IRCs and go to gotlurk.
>>
>>133699515
looking back I think I took it out on them personally when god knows went to shit, rip in peace faggots, at least nisekoi has a back up thank fuck
>>
>P.S.: Praise the Sun
Glad those fucker stopped.
>>
>>133711119
The otter is strong in this one.
>>
I can pick up either one of what rhs left
vote here
http://strawpoll.me/6044304
>>
>>133713076
MS got 7 sins cover, Nisekoi is on Viz.
>>
>>133701273
>The RHS versions are uploaded

Most aren't even seeded, another moot point.
>>
>>133713384
This is the eventual result for basically every torrent for manga which isn't on BakaBT or AB.
>>
>>133701930
>implying

If they weren't good, then paid scanlations are filthy garbage. Hox or Turnip Farmers alone destroys any professional translator working for localizers.
>>
>>133699515
really hopes dk thias picks up hayate again. they were doing a great job with the series before rhs stopped in
>>
>>133703596
>Horrible uploads entire viz volumes every week

When and where?
>>
>>133713418
Wait I thought people said no one uploads jack shit on AB.
>>
>>133713602
Those are probably the same people who weren't even on AB and are just spouting bullshit.

Random example: BBT still haven't updated their torrent for Cromartie manga while AB has all 17 volumes.
>>
Why don't they just start up scanlating under a new name?
That'll throw off the heat from their backs
Did they lose their raw provider or something so that they won't be able to continue?
>>
>>133714547
>muh sekrit club
Fuck off faggot; what's your problem with uploading shit on public trackers such as torrent sites (thepiratebay, kickass) or madokami?
If we would have done that from the start, there wouldn't have been a problem getting old releases
>>
>>133714933
or they just needed an excuse to quit?
>>
>>133714966
nyaa's old torrents have too little seeds, BakaBT doesn't have licensed shit, AB exists for a reason.
Most stuff that's on AB are probably already uploaded elsewhere anyway so what's the problem?
>>
File: 1442846459532.jpg (154KB, 698x840px) Image search: [Google]
1442846459532.jpg
154KB, 698x840px
>>133699515
>tfw Izumifag and Tsugumifag
They don't have any chance to win anyway. i'm fine with this.
>>
>>133714966
>uploading shit on public trackers
Because faggots on public trackers don't fucking seed. You even see that shit on /a/ where people are proudly and smugly talking about how they don't seed shit.

>madokami
Why the fuck do you think you can only upload to one source and not to multiple? Remember the panics on /a/ when MT went down and most recently the brief down time of the ftp itself? The whole point of shit like AB is to have redundancies.

You're the one that needs to fuck off with pulling the 'muh secret club' bullshit the moment someone mentions private trackers. Fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1447155118555.jpg (48KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1447155118555.jpg
48KB, 500x334px
>Niggastream is now the only scanlation providers for 7 Deadly Sins

We had a good run. It's over now.
>>
>>133715254
>implying you don't have to upload 1tb on that shitty site for every 1gb of shit you download
fair enough indeed
>complaining about seeds
if it's worth it, people won't hesitate to seed
You can how many weel seeded torrents of VNs there are on these so called public trackers yourself
>>
>>133714547
I just hope people actually take some of what AB has and spread it out there. If AB ever gets hit, all the old shit is gone for good.
>>
>>133716297
>implying you don't have to upload 1tb on that shitty site for every 1gb of shit you download
You don't even know shit about the site, stop spouting bullshit.
>if it's worth it, people won't hesitate to seed
Yeah, rightttt
>>
>>133716392
>You don't even know shit about the site, stop spouting bullshit.
come on, everyone knows about the bullshit ratio you have to keep on AB before you procure a hit-and-run
That's why that place isn't really a hit with the people here
Plus the yen system is bullshit
>>
>>133716486
>everyone knows about the bullshit ratio you have to keep on AB before you procure a hit-and-run
Hit-and-runs aren't related to ratio.
>>
>>133716486
The entire point of private trackers is to keep people seeding so you fucks can download, if you don't even want to seed then fuck off.
>That's why that place isn't really a hit with the people here
The place filled with selfish fucks who remove the torrent as soon as it's done? Well no shit.
>>
>>133716546
nobody downloads anything ever
>>
>>133702227
And here I was looking forward to Nagi gettingg BTFO.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.