[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You're wrong about your son! Gohan may have that immense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 283
Thread images: 35

File: gohan.jpg (136KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gohan.jpg
136KB, 1920x1080px
>You're wrong about your son! Gohan may have that immense power, but it doesn't matter! He isn't a fighter. He doesn't thirst for battle and mayhem!

20 years later:

"REEEE WHY IS GOHAN A NERD I HATE TORIYAMA!!"
>>
This. People don't seem to realize that his fight against Cell was really only a one-time thing.
>>
This is what happens when you're raised by your mother. Gohan was at his best when he was with goku and piccolo. He trained and fought and didn't hate it, he often wanted to stop studying to do it. He just didn't go looking for fights. He used his talent, fighting was his vocation. It's true he fought for peace but he only stopped training because it was actively encouraged not to. that's why he became what he is.
>>
>>133693943

Not really. Gohan never enjoyed fighting, he only did it because he didn't want to see his friends get hurt. He always wanted to be a scholar. Literally, I think on the fourth page we see Gohan/the first episode of Z, Gohan says he wants to be a "great scholar" at the age of 4.
>>
>>133693559
What annoys me is that if Gohan isn't a fighter, Toriyama shouldn't bother hyping him up for shit. There's no point to it, let him be useless and happy.
>>
>>133694400
Because in a story where the main character is all about the endless pursuit of power for its own sake, it makes sense for the guy with the greatest potential to never reach it because he doesn't relentless pursue it.
>>
Goten > Gohan
>>
>>133693559

I love how the current DBS thread is swamped with Gohanfags who want Gohan to become a relevant again, even though this thread disproves their point entirely.
>>
I never liked Goham much anyway. I actually like him sidelined like this, I also like the design.
>>
>>133694123
true, but he was often depicted as bored and wanting to get out of studying. I remember he kept wanting to play with that purple dragon or whatever, too.
>>
>>133694123
>>133693943

Gohan never enjoyed fighting, true, but I'm sure it's in no small part due to his mother going ballistic whenever it came up and forbidding his father from bonding with his son through his greatest passion, until he got kindapped by satan and dropped in Jurassic park.

If Goku had been allowed to train Gohan, he'd have been like Pan at the end of DBZ. Strong, confident, enjoying everything. Maybe he wouldn't have ended up a fighter, but he probably wouldn't hate it so much.
>>
>>133693559
ok, i'm a bit lost over here, since i just watched dragoball and dragonball z.
isn't it supposed that human/saiyan hybrids don't need to turn into super saiyans to unleash their true power?
wasn't it implied in the buu arc that doing this only makes them run out of fuel faster?
>>
>>133696779

Nah.

The Super Saiyan transformation still works the same for human-Saiyan hybrids. It's a x50 increase of the user's power. However, in the Buu saga, Gohan is able to combine all of his strength into one easy access form, which is Mystic/Ultimate Gohan.

With Goten and Trunks it's a little more interesting. Goten and Trunks were born with the ability to go SSJ. This doesn't make them stronger than Gohan, it just means they can multiply their power at a younger age (A weak power level x50 is still only going to be so strong)

In short, SSJ works the same for all Saiyans, full or hybrid. Gohan was just a special case.
>>
>>133693559
>>133693878
While I agree to some degree, there are two things I think a lot of people really dislike how he is portrayed in Super and the new movies.

It's not that long since he was being a superhero in the streets and even less since the whole "Mystic training/Mystic Gohan" thing. And we are supposed to believer that Frieza in his first form one-shots him let alone Gohan isn't able to give a decent fight? Come on.
Not to mention to add insult to injury he says "I'm not even sure I can transform into Super Saiyan". Look, he's a nerd and he doesn't train, but Frieza's base form is something Piccolo himself could have beaten up, even with the whole "Frieza trained and is more powerful".

You gotta admit that at the very least that is all bullcrap so he doesn't get in the way of screentime for Vegeta and Goku but just do it in a less obvious way, have him just buy/stall for time until Goku and Vegeta come in.

Hell, Z used that device all the fucking time with other characters (normally Tien or Piccolo while they were underpowered).
>>
Because Gohan being the best should have ended the series.
>>
>>133696939
x50? wasn't it 10x?
>>
>>133693943
Fuck off anti-chichi fags.

Goku likes her because she's strong willed
>>
>>133697123
He skipped both arm and leg day dude.

If you do that you're gonna get rekt by an alien who hasn't skipped a day in the past four months.

Also don't forget about the pushups and situps with plenty of juice.
>>
>>133694400
>What annoys me is that if Gohan isn't a fighter, Toriyama shouldn't bother hyping him up for shit.
This.
Why build a character up from the very start, from the first fight in the DB/DBZ split and then go all they way to culminating their story with a victory over a villain who both closes the chapter of Goku for good, is every hero EXCEPT HIM combined into one (notice how Cell never mentioned he had Gohan's cells nor did he never use any of Gohan's moves) and then go 'I hate this character.'
Why bother with him being the catalyst for defeating Raditz, hurting Nappa more than Chaotzu and Tien giving their lives up did, handling Vegeta long enough for Goku to pass the spirit bomb to Krillan and then deflecting it onto Vegeta him, pushing Freiza in his third form where even Piccolo fused with Nail couldn't do and then have it he became the greatest warrior?
Why build something for years, then say 'Break it down.'
>>
>>133693559
Then why does he clearly enjoy himself whenever he gets in a fight?
>>
>>133697367
its x50.

Kaiokenx10 Goku couldn't beat Freeza, but SSJ can
>>
Gohan SSJ3 when
>>
>>133697367
Great Ape is 10x. Super Saiyan is 50x, and I think 2 and 3 were 2x and 4x on top of that.
>>
>>133693559
i'm not a gohan-fag and i never complained he is weak now, however it's not that he doesn't enjoy fighting that is the problem, it's that he doesn't train for a worst-case-scenario
you know, like a mortal enemy comes back a million times stronger than before and the only two people who can take him on are on another planet now not knowing he is here.
>>
>>133694123
true however, that is said to be because of chi chi wouldnt let goku train gohan from the beginning.

things i think would be different if chi chi didnt have the influence she did on gohan
>>
>>133693878
Even then, it took a pep talk from Android 16 and Cell killing him before Gohan even started fighting back. He didn't want to fight Cell at all, but like 16 said, you just can't reason with some people.
>>
>>133698936
because thats when his saiyan tendencies take over. in reality gohan is probably the most blood thirsty of everyone in the show.

but his base nature is pretty mild so he doesnt like to show it
>>
>>133693559
What's with the random mexicant in the southeast corner?
>>
>>133693559
This is what happens when your raised by a single mother. You turn into a bitch
>>
>>133702096
that whole moment was pretty out of character for gohan desu.

he always fought when he needed to before so why now?

it wasnt cause he didnt want to fight cell my theory is that hhe was actually more afraid of his own power that actually fighting. he knew what kind of person he would become.
>>
>>133693559
>>133693878
>>133693943
>>133694123
>>133694531
All this Gohan never liked fight smells to me a lot like closed butthurt gohanfags.
Gohan likes fighting examples are the whole Buu saga, when he got the Goku syndrome and didn't kill Dabura when the Supreme Kai was begging them to get the shit done.
BUT the difference is that Gohan doesn't have the Goku syndrome (his life doesn't run around fighting). Also he's a daddy's boy, he loves Goku and has faith in that Goku is going to kicks the villain's ass.
What truly surprised me is that Toriyama left Goten, Trunks and Gohan out of the tournament, why? Because they are fucking popular in nipon land. Just look at Super, in Super's RoF Goten and Trunks are going to be included.
If you ask me I doubt Toriyama is going to leave them out of the plot, so there is going to be something else apart from the tournament.
>>
>>133693559
My problem is less a complaint about Gohan as a character and more a complaint about how formulaic the series has become and how few characters ever get the chance to shin eon screen now.

It's literally the Goku and Vegeta show now, that's it, there are no other characters, none of them matter, none of them do anything relevant, this is the Goku and Vegeta show.

This is a problem for me because it is really boring, it's boring that no one else gets to shine, it's boring that the only characters who ever participate in fights to a relevant degree anymore are Goku and Vegeta.

My annoyance about Gohan is more that he is the last in a long line of characters who were forced out of the lime light by Toriyama so we could see more of the Goku and Vegeta show.
>>
>>133693878
>his fight against Cell was really only a one-time thing
Yeah, sure. Pic obviously not related.
>>133702771
What bothers me about Super:
It's not that the humans stop participating in the fights, it's that they GAVE UP martial arts because they can't keep up with Goku, What's the fucking bullshit? Okay, there is this fucking manchild that is insanely powerful, but why the fuck do you have to give up the sport you fucking loved since you were young?
First Yamcha, then Videl, then Krillin. Stop the butllshit, Toriyama.
>>
File: lQY8uld.jpg (319KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lQY8uld.jpg
319KB, 1920x1080px
>>133693559
>Buu is in the tournament.
It was Goku's idea, you have to be a retarded to chose Buu out of everyone, also how is Piccolo going to fight if he can't stand against Semi Imperfect Cell?
>>
>>133702989
Yeah that bugs me too. I also don't understand why Gohan and Piccolo stopped training completely either. I mean yeah, Gohan has a career and a family now but that can't be his entire life and I don't see why he would at least do a little bit of training to stay in shape, not the hardcore shit to actually get stronger but just a little bit, everyone has to have a hobby and I haven't seen Gohan to have one.

As for Piccolo, what the fuck is up with him not training? He always trained before this point to at least some degree, it's just weird seeing him just sitting around doing nothing all the time, he's acting like a NEET, seriously, it's not like he even has other stuff to do, he's just doing nothing.
>>
File: 567890.png (701KB, 1349x585px) Image search: [Google]
567890.png
701KB, 1349x585px
>>133703180
I refuse to believe Gohan didn't learn a lesson with the whole Golden Frieza thing. His family died because Goku and Vegeta were playing instead of killing the fucker.
>>
>>133702989
>Yamcha
Died/got beaten by monsters way too many times.
>Videl
Mom.
>Krillin
Dad.
>>
>>133698829
>I hate this character

Not turning him into fucking Broly doesn't mean that he hates Gohan. Some people actually like Dragon Ball characters based upon something other than their power level and belligerence. Toriyama's favorite, for example, is Mr. Satan.
>>
>>133703470
And you ignored what I said. And no, nothing you can say can change my opinion on that retarded decision.
Why would you give up the sport? It's like those who said just because an anon stopped being a NEET means he stopped watching anime. I stopped being a NEET some years ago, first I got a job and I continued watching anime, now I'm attending collage, I'm doing my practices, projects and other shit.
>>
>>133693559
So when is going to be the chapter out?
>>
>>133702043
Poor Gohan. His mom didn't let him start training at martial arts when he was 4 years old. What a controlling mother.
>>
>>133703667
Everyone just fell out of it. It wasn't as fun for them anymore. When Goku came back for the world Tournament Krillin was like "Oh. I'd better start training some more so I can compete".
It's not that they just threw their hands up and said "I quit".
Krillin became preoccupied with android 18, Yamcha probably had a girlfriend or something to worry about.
Tenshinhan became a nomad with Chaozu.
Piccolo was with Dende.

I think the biggest reason why everyone fell off is because after Goku died, no big threats arose. Back in early dragonball the world was a big place and there was always someone stronger around the corner. Then the threat escalated from Tenshinhan to Piccolo to the Saiyans to Freeza to the androids to cell. After fighting all of those characters there was basically no threat for almost a decade. When you're used to constantly training and reaching new highs to face new stronger opponents, you'd probably fall off a bit once you realize that you've started to reach the peak. If Krillin or Tenshinhan were actively training to get stronger they'd only really have each other, Piccolo and the saiyans to really compete with. Who probably dramatically outmatch them due to alien hacks. And then bellow them everyone else is so much weaker that fighting them wouldn't really do much either.
>>
I'm just waiting for Piccolo's fight.
>>
>>133703141
>how is Piccolo going to fight if he can't stand against Semi Imperfect Cell?
Four months training
>>
File: 657890876.jpg (19KB, 299x242px) Image search: [Google]
657890876.jpg
19KB, 299x242px
>>133704473
>It's not that they just threw their hands up and said "I quit"
Except they did and it was literatelly because muh Goku is stronger, muh Goku can save our asses, muh Goku died for our safe the world will be in eternal peace.
Yamcha in the Buu saga said he wasn't going to fight because he would only make a fool of himself, Piccolo said what would the point in trying to keep with the Saiyans, Videl just went for a "fan of justice" as Toriyama said in the hobby chart from a retarded housewife.
Same shit with Krillin in Super's episode 16,
>>
File: m042.jpg (222KB, 870x1305px) Image search: [Google]
m042.jpg
222KB, 870x1305px
>>133704712
Yamcha only HAS made a fool of himself when he fought though. How many GOOD memories of fighting do you think Yamcha has?

Piccolo and Krillin still participated in the world Tournament AND the RoF fight. They both haven't just quit cold turkey. Fighting just isn't their entire lives anymore. In fact Krillin joined the World Tournament for the sole reason that Goku was gonna be there. So Krillin actually only got back into fighting BECAUSE Goku was coming back.
>>
>tfw green alien is more of a father figure in your life than your actual father.

Gohan had a rough life. Even as an adult with his father alive, Piccolo is in his life more.
>>
>>133703141
It's been like 14 years since the Cell Saga and Piccolo probably never stopped training.
>>
>>133696939
Something I've never understood is why in Resurrection F they decided to have Gohan go SSJ, when he has no need to do that in the first place. Is it implied that he just straight up forgot how to use Mystic or did toriyama just forget that even happened.
>>
>>133705640
It could be Mystic puts a higher strain on the body than SSJ, or Mystic was just a temporary boost. Or Toriyama forgot about it like he's forgotten about half of DB and DBZ.
>>
>>133705362
>Piccolo and Krillin still participated in the world Tournament AND the RoF fight
Read the Buu saga, watch Super. And please, don't act as if both characters hadn't quit martial arts just because Goku is stronger than them. Piccolo said it in the Buu saga, Krillin explicit said it in BoG. I'm not talking about fight to defend Earth I'm talking about practicing the sport, the humans prior meeting Goku loved the sport.
>>
>>133705623
Piccolo unlike Saiyans has a limit, just like Godel Frieza.
>>
File: VidelSatanSaiyamanSaga01.png (566KB, 550x812px) Image search: [Google]
VidelSatanSaiyamanSaga01.png
566KB, 550x812px
>>133693559
Depending on how you view things, Gohan is one of the most successful there. What do others want? To become the strongest like Vegeta? Getting laid like Yamcha? While they struggle to do that, Gohan's a successful scholar impregnating pic related.

Speaking of his career & wife, Dragon Ball Online Gohan published a highly successful book about a scientific explanation and analysis of Ki, thus allowing far more of the general population to use Ki. Gohan presumably raised the standard of living and quality of life as well as life expectancy quite a lot.

Now on to Videl, he impregnated her. Mr.Satan was the planet's biggest celebrity and Gohan slept with his daughter. To say Gohan has enormous connections while remaining out of the spotlight is an understatement. How many can say "This man took credit for defeating Cell so I took his daughter's virginity".

This all isn't counting his fighting potential which just about everyone acknowledges. Gohan is winning at life more than almost everyone else.
>>
>>133693559
This. Gohan fans doesn't understand his character.
All they care about is gohan fighting and being a badass again. I feel happy for him that he has settled down and living a happy life now with his family.
>>
>>133706564
Videl is definitely the cutest DB girl.
>>
>>133706564
>>133706625
Funny how that sounds. Neither the ones who want him to be a badass or the ones who want him to be a scholar are right about his character.
Gohan is both, Gohan unlike the other characters has various faces: he can act like a normal human, enjoys martial arts, is a silly and funny "superhero", has the most normal and functional family. Gohan is all of that.
>>
>>133706688
And Gohan reproduced with her.
>>
File: videl 1.jpg (134KB, 650x818px) Image search: [Google]
videl 1.jpg
134KB, 650x818px
>>
File: videl 2.jpg (116KB, 650x818px) Image search: [Google]
videl 2.jpg
116KB, 650x818px
>>133706937
>>
>>133703141
Whis is probably going to help train Buu and Piccolo most likely.
>>
File: 1445733783991.jpg (163KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445733783991.jpg
163KB, 1280x720px
>>133705854
I have read the buu saga AND watched super. They don't ever say "I quit fighting because of Goku. They've given up at matching Goku in strength, sure. But they never say "It's goku's fault that we'll never fight again. He's too good and I think I'll just give up because of that." You just seem to have it in your head that Everyone stopped fighting explicitly because of the saiyans and not because they grew out of it. Why is it so hard to believe that a 40 year old man might want to focus more on his family than fighting like some sort of insane inhuman monkey man? And if you watched Yo! Son Goku and Friends, you'd notice that Krillin AND Yamcha are still ready to fight at any moment. They both even still wear their Gis under their dress clothes. Even in Super, Krillin is eager to see how strong Goku's gotten compared to when they were little. And afterwards he decides to buck up and get a job as a police-man. Being a policeman is krillin's "Great Saiyaman".
>>
>>133707029
Next you're going to say that the strongest person Beerus ever fought was Future Uub from another timeline.
>>
>>133707029
>>133707029
And Tien...please And krillin ..
>>
>>133705803
I'm willing to bet money on the last bit where toriyama just forgot shit like he normally does.
>>
>>133707029
>train Buu and Piccolo
Piccolo has a limit, he would need to fuse to get stronger.
And Buu, the same manchild that gives two shits about Earth being attacked and went to sleep instead, is going to be interested in anything that isn't food?
I am not so sure about Toriyama picking up Buu, Buu character is so basic, I unlike others don't care muh power level and would prefer an actual interesting character.
>>
>>133707098
Everyone knows Tenshinhan and Krillin never train with anyone until Goku is done with them.
>>
>>133707082
>They've given up at matching Goku in strength
What I said, but in other words. I rest my case.
>>
>>133705803
I always thought it was like...mystic was reaching into Gohan's limitless potential and letting enough out for him to be strong enough to fight Buu. Once Gohan didn't need to fight he didn't train that power and his potential became dormant again because Gohan's naturally Docile.
>>
>>133698829
The problem with Gohan is that he never really was pushed as a powerhouse until Cell, and a little in Buu. Saiyan Saga he trained and no one had the sense to point out to Piccolo that training the kid to become stronger wasn't going to help because he's a damn kid. By the time Namek comes around everyone was shifted down so that Frieza's mooks were threatening, which just kind of perpetuated Gohan as a random power wrench. Every now and then he'd get angry enough to hit someone hard enough that they felt it, but he never got powerful enough to win a fight that he couldn't win normally.

By the time Perfect Cell rolled around, Gohan jumping in to the lead was just odd, to the point he had to get a super saiyan personality change just to keep fighting cell without getting his anger out and turning in to a pussy again.

Even in the Buu saga, he's gone back to not giving a shit about fighting, which is what everything was about for years. He gets his power boost so his power is always at maximum, but then fucks up because magic powers trump raw fighting.

Everything is basically fine up until this point. The problem is that what happens after just turns him in to a little bitch. Gohan should be the defender, the guy who can keep up with Vegeta and Goku, but doesn't have anything to prove or any real desire to fight outside of protecting his family. Like in Revival of F, it would have made a lot more sense for Gohan to just sit back and keep an eye on everyone else and just made sure no one died or went after the non-fighters present instead of the whole "I think I remember how to go super saiyan." Would have made more sense for him to stay out of the mook fight and to just play at keeping Freiza occupied until the people who wanted to fight him showed up.

They managed to move Piccolo to non-combat just fine. He was the brains behind the group, the one who might not be able to keep up with the saiyans, but smart enough to buy time and make plans
>>
>>133707185
But you're saying they don't like to fight anymore and gave up because of Goku, right? I just said they're no longer trying to reach Goku's level of strength anymore, not that he's the reason they gave up. I know damn well I'll probably never make a story as popular as Akira Toriyama but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop drawing because of that. And if I grow out of it I'm certainly not gonna attribute it to anyone but myself not wanting to do it anymore.
>>
>>133707089
wut

>>133707143
out of everything that's happened in the series, and accounting for the fact Whis can pretty much do anything, I'm sure there's some way Whis could work around Buu's nature. And I'm sure Toriyama has some kind of ass pull for Piccolo.

If we're talking about the best fighters from a completely different universe there's undoubtedly at least one on the level of goku/vegeta, and i'm sure there's multiple on the level of perfect cell/kid buu/golden freiza.

They're going to have to do something to compete, unless we're supposed to believe that the DBZ universe has the strongest conglomeration of fighters out of every other universe.
>>
>Vegeta requested a written exam be part of the tournament qualifiers.

Man he really doesn't want Goku hogging the spot light this time.
>>
>>133707341
>to fight
This is what you just don't understand, I said sport , love for the sport.
>>
>>133707360
Piccolo deserves it, but for fuck's sake, Buu? A pretty simplistic characters who wasn't popular even in his fucking saga?
>>
File: Dragonball_mama.jpg (95KB, 600x311px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonball_mama.jpg
95KB, 600x311px
>>133693559
Reminder that Gine's shitty genes killed Gohan's potential.

Pretty often kids receive more from their grandparents than their parents.
>>
>>133705430
That's the Dragonaball for yeah. Shit, the Z series ends with Goku leaving his family. Again. For the third time.
>>
>>133693878
>This. People don't seem to realize that his fight against Cell was really only a one-time thing.
Let's forget about every other fight he had in the series because it's convienent for your argument.

But hey, let's ignore that we're literally making Gohan into the new Yamcha, and I guess if I don't like it, I'm a butthurt Gohan fag, btfo. And no, I don't want to hear any shit about "HURR, WELL HE'S MARRIED NOW AND HAS A KID AND SHIT. HE'S RICH SO IT'S OKAY IF THEY WRITE HIM OUT OF THE STORY AND HAVE HIM WEAK AND STUFF.

Fuck that, alright? All that bullshit is auxiliary information. If your character isn't having space adventures or punching guys in the face, or some sort of support, then your character isn't doing jack shit. Ask yourselves. Who is more important to the story of DBZ? Yamcha, Bulma or Chaozu? You already know the answer!

This would be like if they wrote in the fact that Yamcha won the lottery down the line and made some great investments with it, and that's supposed to make up for the fact that Tien tells Yamcha to stay home because it's too dangerous for him, even thou Master Roshi, WHO HE SURPASSED IN FUCKING DRAGONBALL!! is there fighting too!

That might even be a little funny if you connected it like as a joke, like Yamcha's at the track making bets that are reflecting the action, but no, not even that. Yamcha, you're OUT of this story.

This would be like if after Vegeta said he would never fight again, he literally spent the rest of the series actually refusing to fight, even in GT and everyone was going MAN, VEGETA FANS BTFO FUCKING FAGGOT DOESN'T DESERVE TO EVEN JUST STAND THERE.

The fact of the matter is that they're doing this to Gohan because SUPER SAYIAN GOD, SUPER SAIYAN is Goku and Vegeta's toy and nobody else is allowed to photoshop. They don't know what to do with him, so off to the jobber's mound with him.
Honestly, I've come to like his portrayal in fucking GT better than Super.
>>
>>133707537
Yeah, I am not a edgyfag, but is really Toriyama going to forget Trunk, Goten and Gohan that easily?
I mean, what's the point of creating Goten and Trunks if he's going to throw them in the void?
>>
>>133694123
>Gohan wanted to be an scholar

This meme needs to die.
Gohan is a pushover. He does whatever he is told to do. He obeyed his father until he got kill, then he followed Piccolo until he was kill too so he followed his dad that was resurected until he got kill again, then Chichi took me over turning him in what we know today.

I swear you could tell Gohan him that is his destiny to become the greatest musician in the universe and he would start playing the accordion with all his might even if he hate it.
>>
>>133707422
I don't see how what I said implies I don't also mean "The sport". It's not very fun to fight against people weaker than you of course, and they rarely hang out with each other. So they don't really get a lot of chances to work on the sport other than sparring alone or like...with their wives or something. But whenever they get a chance to fight they jump at the opportunity and have a fire in their eyes.
Except Yamcha and Chaozu. They're mostly retired
>>
i bet videl controls gohan with blowjobs
>>
Gohan is going to have his time to shine in super. The opening shows him using mystic and Vegeta points out Gohan has the most potential. I don't expect him to be on Goku and Vegetas lvl but I wouldn't be surprised if he's thrusted into a hero role again, heck he combines mystic with God Energy to defeat someone and loses it quickly after since that's Gohans trend.
>>
>>133702989
It's a race lockout.
The fact of the matter is that Super Saiyan's put a huge kibosh on anyone apart of the main cast, and if you aren't a Super Saiyan, you can't compete.,

The newest villains HAVE to be stronger than the main cast for any tension
on, and that means they have to be stronger than super Saiyans. Super Saiyans are needed so that they can get stronger, because how the hell else could anyone stand a chance? Then once you add extra SSJ forms, it's a done deal.
They stop fighting or appearing to signify that they'll never do anything important again.

To be honest, I'm, just disappointed with Super overall. I was hoping it would try and combat some of the series's lasting issues; giving something for the other characters do and what not. But instead, we get a super homogenized version of DBZ. I mean shit. Even Brolly kept it to the movies when he came back, we're literally bringing Freeza back in the series!

To me, this feels like GT+Vegeta, with even less magic and creativity than fucking GT brought to the table. But it's got Vegeta around this time, and it's not GT, so it's better by default!
>>
>>133707708
Even at 4 Gohan didn't enjoy fighting.
He was scared during the saiyan fight and was clearly not enjoying it.
Characters CONSTANTLY say "You want to be a scholar when you grow up, right?"

That's like saying Goku wouldn't be a Martial Artist if he wasn't raised by Grandpa Gohan. Yeah. It's kinda crazy that parents and the child's environment have some sort of influence on their children's interests, huh?
>>
File: g1.jpg (138KB, 728x1182px) Image search: [Google]
g1.jpg
138KB, 728x1182px
>>133707708
>this meme
Before anyone comments on the bottom part of this image, it's real.
>>
>>133707827
>I bet women control men with blowjobs

ftfy
>>
>>133707537
I'm kinda glad they're being pushed to the side now. I know everyone and their mom wants Gohan, Goten, and Trunks to be super cool fighters but I hate to say it but other than Goten and trunks' fusion none of them really bring anything interesting to the table.

Let's say Gohan continues to be as strong as Goku in the series. Well Goku's still gonna keep trying to become stronger and Vegeta's gonna keep trying to surpass that. So we'd just have 3 guys who all look incredibly similar, who all have incredibly similar powers who're all stronger than everyone else. Goku and Vegeta fall into this camp too but Goku kind of gets a pass because he's the main character and Vegeta is his rival.

That isn't to say I want Gohan to just become Yamcha tier. But I honestly don't mind if Gohan starts to fall back into the reserves while occasionally getting his chance to shine like Tenshinhan did. Gohan's story has run its course, like Piccolo's before him.

Same goes for Goten and Trunks. Fusion is a really cool concept and I like how inventive and silly gotenks was. But Goten and Trunks were legitimately young Goku and Vegeta. There's not much that makes them stand out other than that.

It could be done better for sure but it's not enough to make me mad.
>>
File: 1422592585528.jpg (830KB, 972x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1422592585528.jpg
830KB, 972x1400px
>>133706564
I want him to actually be an active member of the cast.

Gohan's deal has always been that he's a scholar that has to fight for one reason or another. Everyone forgets about how Gohan wanted to go to Namek, or how he chose to attack Dodoria, or how he refused to give up against Freeza while Vegeta was shitting his pants instead.

Telling me that "oh well, at least he's rich!" doesn't do much for me when that doesn't really do much for the story in general.I mean, do you think it would matter if Yamcha broke up with Bulma if he got the kick the shit out of Freeza somehow? Goku's official occupation is a radish farmer, and he gets to be the main character.

Telling me that Gohan has a job isn't a prize here, it's just trying to pretend that's relevant to a story he's being written out of.
>>
>>133708214
He'd be the intelligent, tactical fighter if the author knew how to write or draw fight scenes beyond random punching or pulling out a big laser sometimes.
>>
>>133707491

It has nothing to do with it and you know it.

And hilariously enough, Gohan's potential is still there as Vegeta's mention it in the new chapter of Super's manga.
>>
>>133708214
Yeah, but in both of those instances you mentioned Gohan was incredibly outmatched.
Gohan could not have beaten Dodoria. Gohan could not have beaten Freeza. These weren't Huge fights with huge victories for Gohan that showed off how strong he was.
But even in RoF Gohan is still there, Ground Zero of the Freeza invasion.Gohan is brave and Gohan has a strong sense of justice. He's not cowering and crying about how scared he is. And yet no one seems to care about that aspect. Everyone is mad that gohan got beaten by Freeza just like how Gohan couldn't fight against Freeza on namek outside of quick bursts of rage?
Gohan IS an active member of the cast. People are mad because he's not active in the way THEY want him to be.
>>
>>133707537
>this level of butthurt after so many threads with "muh kids are going to get the SSGSS too, s-screencap this"

Fucking delicious
>>
Did anybody else love how bulma was dressed?
>>
>>133709931
I love how Bulma, from day one has constantly changed her appearance.
>>
>>133710029
Right? And this time she's outdone herself
>>
>>133693559
>Gohan is totally out of this, even though Vegeta says that Gohan has the potential but Goku says he's into study and all and he's weak compared to other, so gotta say sorry Gohan Fans!
>>
>>133693559

>Gohan hates fighting
>He play fights with Mr Satan THE STRONGEST PERSON ALIVE all the fucking time
>He even involves his daughter in these play fights
>He even says he's ok with his daughter being a fighter

Fucking bullshit. He loves fighting, he's just pussy whipped.
>>
>>133708570
Its weird because people want him to literally go into Gary Stu territory "He's the strongest in the universe because he's half sayian and half human, also he is super smart, and he doesn't have to train because UNLIMITED POTENTIAL, has a super hot wife, also he doesn't have the crippling character flaws like Goku's naivete or Vegeta's ego,"

Gohan could be really cool as the fighter that is not quite as strong as the powerhouses but smart enough to win anyway. Kinda take Piccolo's spot since the power gap got too big for him to hang with the sayains. I am however looking forward to the asspull Toriyama goes with to make Piccolo relevant in the tournament.
>>
Didn't gohan go mystic vs beerus in the botg movie?

Why would he go SSJ on return of F if yoriyama remembered mystic on BotG?
>>
All I want is too Gohan not be skinny as fuck.
>>
>>133711098
Gohan can't go Mystic anymore because he stopped training. In RoF he says he thinks he PROBABLY could still go SS
>>
>>133711272
you haven't watched BotG right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJM-anwteAI

It wasn't very effective, but he did go Mystic.
>>
>People trying to excuse terrible writing and retcons with headcanon explanations

I don't really care that Gohan isn't strongest or that he isn't going to get any stronger in general. But to say he can't maintain any of his power while Freeza can surpass him with half the work is stupid. At the very least, Gohan should be able to act as homeland defense as Saiyaman while Goku and Vegeta are off doing Beerus shit.

>>133711144

Everyone's skinny as fuck. I dunno what changed in Japan but Ippo did the same thing.
>>
>>133693559
People only see what they want to see.
>>
>>133711472
It's just the style of the times. When dragonball started the super round cartoony look was somewhat popular. Then muscles became the hot thing in the mid 80s-early 90s. Now the skinny look is in. Toriyama is a slave to trends.
>>
File: 179296_112397.jpg (98KB, 948x435px) Image search: [Google]
179296_112397.jpg
98KB, 948x435px
>>133711472
>>
>>133711620
fucking hell.
>>
i understand that gohan doesn't want to fight, but he needs to realize he doesn't get to just decide that he isn't needed.

Goku and Vegeta have failed before and he has so much potential and power. Given all that's happened, it's not unreasonable to assume some day maybe those two won't be enough. His unwillingness could leave to the death of his family and friends.

This is something he should have learned after both Cell and Buu.
>>
File: absolutely-disgusting.jpg (74KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely-disgusting.jpg
74KB, 720x540px
>>133711620
>>
>>133711620
Some of this guys look like ugly women cosplaying.
>>
>>133711933
Damn. That's...really fucking cold anon.
"Hey man. We know you don't want to do this thing, but here's the deal. You gotta. It's your responsibility because you came out of a vagina and happened to be super strong. And if anyone dies on your watch its your fault for not being strong enough."

I feel like Piccolo's right. Gohan should curse his fate.
>>
>>133711933

He's being kept as a backup for whenever Toriyama gets bored of drawing Goku and Vegeta. Gohan will get a power boost, fight for like half an arc until Goku regains his stamina. Then he'll go home and toss Pan around the house.
>>
>>133712056
How is that cold? It's fucking beyond selfish to let the world and potentially the universe burn because muh fee fees
>>
>Buu is choosen
>Fights the other universe's Buu
>Absorbs him, become a good Super Buu
>>
>>133712157
>Buu is chosen
>Eats everybody when he's hungry
>>
>>133712157
this would be great, super buu is one of my favorite characters on DB.

Could buu absorb beerus or whis if he got them by surprise?
>>
>>133712157
>Absorbs him, become a good Super Buu
>Is asleep again during the next boss fight
>10/10 Toriyama. Would read again.
>>
>>133712094
Do you do that. Work out every day so that you can protect your home? Learn martial arts and many other forms of defense to make sure your town is safe? Because you theoretically could. And it's pretty selfish for you not to.
>>
>>133712288
defending myself and my family is the reason I started boxing, so yeah
>>
>>133706937
Videl isn't Mexican.
>>
>>133712324
Then that's a fair point. I still think Gohan really only needs to stay strong enough to fight Cell. The sheer Odds that someone stronger than Cell would show up are pretty low. (of course that will happen because this is dragonball)
>>
>>133712324
>defend myself and my family
>starts kickboxing

HAHA OH WOW!

A random 14 year old with a butterfly kife could fuck you up man, go learn some real self defense instead of the meme mma martial art flavior of the month your local gym announced.

I still commend you for your intentions and effort.
>>
>>133712386
Satan looks pretty mexican to me.
>>
>>133703141
Buu can copy every technique he sees, he's a genius fighter.It's just that he plays around.

I'm sure some training from Whis and he's good to go, also he's as strong as a Ss3 so him training and becoming more powerful is not weird
>>
>>133713383
that fat buu is not the same that fought with goku as a SSJ3, he's missing about 60% or more of his strength that got destroyed when evil/kid buu died.
>>
>>133713808
Since you're the only person still around in this thread.

How would you REALISTICALLY give Piccolo and Krillin power ups to make them relevant again.
>>
>>133713880
Piccolo has it easy, get a bunch of namekians warriors, tain them and then convice them to fuse with him.

Krilin should ask shenron for some saijajin genes. This would opena very dangerous door.
>>
>>133713925
Making Krillin into a saiyan would be terrible.
>>
>>133714017
I can see no other way to make him relevant as he is just a human.

he could specialize in ki manip0ulation and seals and stuff like the one master mutaito used to confine king piccolo once, but I don't think that would make him relevant on super.
>>
>>133694615
Goten became a little bitch too though. The great hero of the universe couldn't muster up even one decent son.
>>
>>133713990
mecha krilin would be neat, but perfect cell powerlevel in super is the same as nothing.
>>
>>133713880
Piccolo could always pull some super namekian shit like Lord Slug and find out he is the ancestor of one or some stupid crap along those lines. Or maybe master the giant transformation at his current power level making him massively more powerful. Krillin is fucked all the way around completely and utterly. Unless he pulled some Shenron bull like other anon said. He could always fuse with someone I suppose but even that wouldn't put him near where he needs to be to become relevant again.
>>
>>133693943
>He trained and fought and didn't hate it

He literally cried all the time like a little bitch.
>>
>>133703494
I thought his favorite was Piccolo.
>>
>>133713808
Even with over half of his strength gone he's still more powerful than basically everybody from 18 down.
>>
>>133716317
that dosen't mean he's ona power level apt to fight in the tournament on par with a SSJ3 Goku and upwards.
>>
>>133716432
You're assuming everyone in this tournament is gonna be as strong as a SS3 goku and up. If there's a huge gap in the power of the character in Universe 7's fighters it's not out of the question that universe 6's fighters aren't all super powerful either.
>>
>>133716534
if there weren't to be a power gap the tournament would be boring as fuck.
>>
Series peaked at Dying Planet and again at Mystic Gohan

Everything after is shit
>>
>>133703494
>Not turning him into fucking Broly doesn't mean that he hates Gohan
No. But turning him in a complete punching bag that lasts about as long as Yamcha after a Saibamen hugs him does.
>>133703494
>Some people actually like Dragon Ball characters based upon something other than their power level and belligerence
and some people like their fighter characters in a series about fighters to be able to actually fight.
Also Power>Intelligence all the time, especially in series that deal in conceptual beings and gods like DB, where we're a hop skip and a jump away from Chaos incarnate, where brains and logic mean nothing because chaos is the literal concept of unpredictably and illogical actions.
>>
>>133703281
>He actually think Toriyama would have the characters think and develop something based on actions from prior arcs.
You're talking about the same guy who made an Earth Scientist create not 1, not 2, not even three, NOT EVEN 4, HELL NOT EVEN 5. BUT 6. SIX ANDROIDS STRONGER THAN FREIZA.
Not to mention who had invented perpectual energy and instead of making trillions went 'IMMA KILL THAT MONKEY!'
>>
>>133713808
He was way stronger than canon Vegeta even after he lost his evil half.
>>
File: kekarot.gif (438KB, 239x200px) Image search: [Google]
kekarot.gif
438KB, 239x200px
>>133718827
>movies are canon
>>
>>133718961
19, 20, 17, 18, 16, Cell.
Good job retard.
>>
I'm still holding out that we get some Gohan action in Super
>>
>>133702989
Pretty sure krillin just isn't as serious. There's such a huge gap between him and the aliens now, and an even bigger gap between him and humans. He works out and trains because he was still confident enough to place top 5 in buu saga.
>>
>>133702749
>when he got the Goku syndrome and didn't kill Dabura when the Supreme Kai was begging them to get the shit done.
Atleast get your facts right faggot.
>>
I fucking hate Gohanfags and their "MC" meme.

it wasn't built through out the series right?
His potential was. His raw power. But before SSJ2, what did that accomplish? Absolutely nothing. Hard work > being born with power in DB.

Vegeta was born better but still seriously hurt his pride. Freeza never trained a single day in his life and was the most powerful being in the universe at the time, Goku rekt him. You can go back to Dragon Ball and see how putting in work is always the answer. It was even one of the main themes of the 21st Budokai Tenkaichi.

Before the "Gohan is by far the strongest" that Toriyama pulled out of his ass in the Cell arc, his potential was never a major focus on the series. Sure, there was the WTF factor of what happened in the Raditz fight, but even after training he wasn't the strongest Z Warrior alive, Piccolo was. Even with Rage boosts, he couldn't do anything to Nappa and at best stall an extremely weakened Vegeta for a few moments.

Go into the Namek arc. Gohan got his potential unlocked and even with rage boost, he managed to knock 2nd Form Freeza down, with no actual damage dealt. Besides that, he was a complete dead weight, that came along Krillin because, besides wanting to help his friends, he had to, since no one else could.

Android arc now. Gohan was a complete non-factor until the RoSaT training. He did absolutely nothing relevant in terms of power and there was no build up to how powerful he would become throughout the arc. If he really were meant to take the role of main character (not hero, because Goku isn't one either), there would be more build up towards it. That's just writting 101. The asspull Toriyama did was SO big, he had to completely change Gohan's character, something that's never happened at all in his other rage boosts. And EVEN THEN, when things got hard because he fucked up, he STILL wanted to give up without even trying. Goku had to effectively tell him to man the fuck up and finish the job.
>>
You know, we all give Gohan shit for being useless, but in Dragonball Online his research into Ki allows him make it a globally understood and utilized concept, allowing regular humans to finally be up there with other alien races and not just total fodder. He had the biggest impact on making humans not worthless, defenseless pieces of shits.
>>
File: 1437265368286.jpg (213KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1437265368286.jpg
213KB, 1280x720px
>>133719328
Skip to the Saiyaman arc and Gohan is an infinitely better character. He has an actual identity, his habits reflect his personality. Then he gets rekt by Buu and goes to the Kaioshin planet to train. And here comes the biggest bullshit power up in the series. He gets all his power unlocked, he becomes by FAR stronger then SSJ3 Goku, which had been training for 7 years non stop, same with Vegeta, who became a laughing stock in terms of power compared to the top dogs of the arc, or Gotenks, completely shitting on one of the coolest gimmicks of the arc and making it damn near pointless if Vegetto weren't a thing, for sitting his as for 24h. And he doesn't have ANY drawbacks at all. No energy drain, no time limit, no nothing. He is just the strongest because he is Gohan. Why do you think he couldn't catch an earing? Because Toriyama realized how hard he fucked up Gohan's character, hence the return to his more early Buu arc persona in more recent material to the point where he even lost the Mystic power up in RoF, and how everything he did to him completely diminishes all the major points established in the series prior and needed some way to take him out of the picture completely. Even Goku saving Dende and Satan is a consequence of that, because Gohan would've trashed Buu so hard it would be a terribly anticlimactic ending to the arc. Besides, it's not like he needed to save Dende for Dragon Balls, since the namekian ones are there readily available.

tl;dr: fuck you edgy gohanfag neckbeards
>>
>>133719328
>>133719387

why are you so angry anon? chill dude.
>>
File: MAXIMUM.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
MAXIMUM.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>133719387
I agree, if they wanted to be power level maniacs, they should become Brolytards and nothing of value would be lost.
>>
>>133714989
Goten opened a dojo later in life at least. GT Goten still has no job and lives with his mom at 27.
>>
>>133719328
>Freeza never trained a single day in his life and was the most powerful being in the universe at the time, Goku rekt him
At the time that wasn't known, it was a retcon to give an excuse why Freiza is a threat again because Tori needed the nostalgia bucks
>Before the "Gohan is by far the strongest" that Toriyama pulled out of his ass in the Cell arc, his potential was never a major focus on the series
It's called foreshadowing, sometimes it's subtle, sometimes it's not like the case with Gohan.
>but even after training he wasn't the strongest Z Warrior alive, Piccolo was
Because Piccolo's training was throwing Gohan into a land of Dinosaurs and telling him 'don't get killed.' Which does nothing if he had no basis to work off of. It's like telling a boxer to prepare for a Championship match by himself with literally no coaching at all. By the time Piccolo DOES start to train him it's more of that but now occasionally he'll teach him a technique. None of it was mental conditioning, not of it was helping him grow, it was survival and maybe some technqiue training. In fact the fact Gohan was even able to from a 4 year old kid to Z fighter tier after that training is nothing short of a miracle. If someone like Kami trained Gohan he would have probably been a hell of a lot more useful, as well as more mentally prepared.
>he managed to knock 2nd Form Freeza down
3rd form, which even Piccolo was getting completely 100% assblasted by with not a single bit of offense on his part.
>Android arc now. Gohan was a complete non-factor until the RoSaT training
So was everyone else not named Vegeta and Post Kami Fused Piccolo, even Goku hardly did anything that arc. He never even MET 17 and 18.
>>133719328
>If he really were meant to take the role of main character (not hero, because Goku isn't one either)
here is where you prove you're just a shitposter. Goku has saved the earth from domination/destruction a good 4 times by now, and that doesn't qualify him as a 'hero?'
>>
>>133719642
talking about DragonBall Online?
>>
>>133719387
>or Gotenks, completely shitting on one of the coolest gimmicks of the arc
No, just on Gotenks who is a shitty character because he somehow has an ego that makes Vegeta look humble.
>And here comes the biggest bullshit power up in the series
Hey remember all those times Vegeta got a Zankai boost and trashed an opponent who literally just killed him an hour ago, or stronger than the dude he trashed an hour ago? Or when Goku who was just above Ginyu's level was able to last longer than Vegeta post another boost because of HIS boost? Tori pulled a lot of power ups out of his ass, don't single out Gohan because you're mad.
>Because Toriyama realized how hard he fucked up Gohan's character
>OH NO I'M MAKING THE CHARACTER I HAD REPLACE THE OLD DEAD CHARACTER USEFUL AGAIN! FUCK BETTER MAKE GOTEN AND TRUNKS BE RETARDED SO BUU CAN BEAT HIM! It's not like I can't just pull a Cell/18 with fat buu and turn him back to Kid Buu and give Gohan an actual hard fight and thus make it an actual finale.
>because Gohan would've trashed Buu so hard it would be a terribly anticlimactic ending to the arc
Because undoing the entire point of Gohan beating Cell and bringing Goku back to save the day again because no one except him can do it is better right?
>fuck you edgy gohanfag
>Wanting a character to not be a joke and Yamcha tier useless is edgy.
Second proof you are a shitposter
>>
>>133719928
But it's been stated multiple times already that Gohan doesn't want to be a fighter. He doesn't care about being Strongest in the Universe. If Gohan was MC, he'd be more of a mentor or teacher to people who want learn martial arts.
>>
>>133719116
>Implying 19 and Gero were stronger than Freeza

Do you even powerlevel bro?
>>
File: gohanssj4tt.jpg (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gohanssj4tt.jpg
118KB, 1920x1080px
I think Toriyama obviously realized that Goku was a nice, fun character to a goofy manga like DB, but since the switch to the more 'serious' DBZ, he wanted a new protag to shine. That was the original goal of Gohan, a character who fights to protect what he loves above all. A real shonen character.
Readers can relate to Gohan, but they'll always admire Goku more. And admiration is stronger than identification, so Gohan being the new main protag was destined to fail since the very beginning. A nice Freudian complex indeed.
But readers (myself included) will always enjoy see him fighting, precisely because he does not like it. That's why fan-service resolves around him always catching back his father's ridiculously OP transfos.
>>
>>133711472
>but to say he can't maintain any of his power while Freeza can surpass him with half the work is stupid

now you know how everyone felt about Gohan and his bullshit powerups/potential

>Goku is a prodigy in fighting
>reaches super saiyan after like a lifetime of fighting and going through 4 masters. Also witnesses death of best friend to attain it.
Gohan comes out of nowhere
>Only 4 years of training
>reaches super saiyan
>Has only fought like 3-4 real fights in his lifetime
>essentially steals Goku's prodigy title, but does none of the hard work to get there
fuck off
>>
>>133720602
He even got his potential unlocked twice.
>>
File: 1384703_1402354397109_full.png (105KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1384703_1402354397109_full.png
105KB, 300x300px
>>133719721
>>133719928

>gohanfags
>>
Apulle is stronger than Gohan now.
>>
>>133720677
>Make a counter statement to most of argument
>Posts a reaction image and greentext as a retort.
Thanks for admitting defeat,
>>
As long as he's not getting one-shotted by Mr. Satan or getting fatass tossed at him, he can do whatever he wants.
>>
>>133720065
Considering how energy attack based Freiza was and how 19 and Gero could absorb it, yes. They could beat Freiza.
Even if they couldn't, there's still 17, 18, 16 and Cell. Still made by an Earth scientist, and still stronger than Freiza.
>>
People who think Gohan being gentle/kind is good, remember that it was Gohan giving Cell a chance to leave after losing 18 that got Goku killed.
If Gohan was more bloodthirsty he would have Kamehameha'd Imperfect Cell, Goku would still be alive, and Gohan would still would have been amazing.
Genlteness/Kindness means shit in DB.
>>
>>133693559
I still think he's hot.

All the homo
>>
>>133720911
And Goku gave Cell a senzu bean and let Freiza go again in Revival of F.

Karma killed Goku.
>>
Gohan goes SSJ3 in Dragon ball heros
>>
>>133721194
>Gohan does a thing in something even less canon than movies.
>>
GOHAN EARNED HIS RETIREMENT

LEAVE HIM ALONE
>>
>>133721318
He'll earn his retirement when literally all evil ceases to be and can no longer threaten his wife and kid.
>>
>>133720667
...by Piccolo's dick.
>>
>>133721554
That's Vegeta.
>>
>>133711620
>no mishima
One job, one job!
>>
>>133701302
Heroes, nigga. I know it obviously doesn't really count, but it's literally the only DB-related thing that even cares about Gohan. Hence, their big announcement this year being SSJ4 Gohan. He's stronger than Goku and Vegeta in the form, but weaker than Broly, as he should be. Again, at least they care.
>>
>>133701878
This. Why the fuck would Gohan stop training to protect his family? Wtf? He has already seen Beerus and Freiza attack his home, and he wasn't even close to strong enough to stop it. Both times, his father showed up after he got his ass kicked, and the first of thhose times, with Beerus, Goku didn't even win. For Freiza, it took Vegeta and Goku to win. Why is Gohan just chilling at home like it has nothing to do with him.

>>133693559
Gohan isn't a fighter, but he trained with Piccolo and Goku before the Android saga simply because he wanted to be strong enough to defend his loved ones, and help his father and mentor in the upcoming battles. We see that he acheieves SSJ because of this, and later he acheieves SSJ2 because he realizes that not fighting would mean he would be letting his world die.

How does one go from accepting that he has the greatest potential and using that to defend his world, to sitting at home writing or reading a book. I don't understand why he needs to give up training to do any of that? Do all fathers just never go to the gym? Do all scholars have to stay at home and be scrawny, without ever taking a break to workout?
>>
My only problem is Gohan lost more power between end of Z and Super than between Cell and Buu arc.
>>
>>133710835
I just want him to fucking fight, man. A tactical fighter? That would be great. Piccolo is the closest we have to that. Why does Gohan have to sit at home, and then job instantly to the new villain? Why couldn't Beerus at least let Gohan fight him properly, Gohan would get btfo in like a minute of screentime, sure, but he's supposed to be in the same range of power as Goku SSJ3, so did he "fight" on screen for about 3 seconds? Against Freiza, why couldn't he just fight Freiza in his first form, and afterwards Freiza just transforms into his final form and wrecks him or something. Then Goku shows up and we get their fight and all that. Know what I mean?
>>
>>133719375
This I can accept. Maybe we can have Gohan actually state wtf he's studying in Super, so that we can understand why he is bascially allowing the possibility for the world to die because he hasn't been training to defend it in case of emergencies.

I still don't understand why Gohan can't just train like once a week, and at least get some muscle. Maybe he can be the tactical fighter that the Z Fighters need.
>>
RAWS
http://www.mangamint.com/dragon-ball-super-6

also that at least 45 years old Tights
>>
>>133720021
But why can't we have that happen? Why can't he be training others to defend the world? He just gets scrawnier and weaker and doesn't get to accomplish anything. What is he even studying in the first place? Why does he have to be so boring when they can keep the same character beats but make him more interesting?

>>133720474
Pretty much this. I don't want Gohan to be the strongest, I don't want him to be the main character, I just want him to be cool. I like the entire DB franchise only because I started watching the Android saga of DBZ, I loved Gohan, so I stuck around.

It's not just Gohan, I just want everyone to actually be useful. I liked that part of RoF until Gohan got btfo by Freiza. That was a little sad, even if it made sense for the story they were trying to tell. I wish they just told it differently.
>>
I stopped caring about Gohan long ago. If he wants to not train and just let his dad handle everything, then that's on him.

Piccolo is about to be relevant, that's really what matters right now.
>>
>>133705854
You ever been really good at something, and then seen someone much younger than you demonstrate a skill level that blows you the fuck off? It's pretty daunting, and it goes a few ways.
>"Not gonna let this punk catch up," and you work harder.
>"I don't have to compare myself to anyone else," and you keep doing your thing.
>"What's the point anymore," and you just give up.

Even though Goku actually inspired a lot of them to train harder, the difficulty of all of the coming challenges are scaled to be stronger than Goku from the get go as the gap between his and their power just keeps getting wider. You can't blame them for not liking martial arts as much anymore when they feel useless when the chips are down.
>>
>>133718827

>implying Gero even thought of making money.

Even if Super Android 13 isn't canon... The fact that his COMPUTER wanted Goku dead in that movie, should give you an idea of just how much hatred he had for Goku.

He was a man completely blinded by his single-minded desire for revenge.
>>
>>133723284
looks like the spoilers were true
>>
>>133711933

This was an underlying plot point in Z, and was somewhat expanded upon in GT. Goku wanted the next generation to not have to depend on him so much, which is partly the reason why he invested some of his time in training Goten and Trunks, and then Uub. The fact that Goku and Vegeta are still too popular is the reason none of this ever comes about, and everyone else keeps jobbing.
>>
>>133721554

But anon. Namekians don't have penises.
>>
File: 119994.png (117KB, 372x351px) Image search: [Google]
119994.png
117KB, 372x351px
>>133720792
>Thanks for admitting defeat,
>>
>>133726069
But it makes no sense because we never saw Gero in DB.
The worst thing Goku did to him was turn 8 into a good guy.
We're just told 'He was Red Ribbon Army.'
>>
So, will we get Namekian God and Majin God?
>>
So according to the Raws, (and the manga cover) Gohan seems like he's definitely gonna be in the tournament.
But who are the other two fighters?

Piccolo and Gotenks?
>>
>>133727298
Piccolo will probably go see Elder Kai and have his, Nails and Kami's potential all unlocked.
If that doesn't make him a Namek God it'll be a good first step.
>>
>>133727298
>Human God
>>
>>133727482
>human god mode gives you a third eye
>>
>>133723399
Gohan is more interested in teaching people how to unlock their potential and proper self defense than technique. For advanced stuff, I imagine Gohan getting his father, and Piccolo to help.
>>
gohan can fuck off for all i care
>>
>>133727298
Piccolo could unlock the Nameless namekian potential like some anons said in those days.
Would be cool to have a SSJG-like Namekian and Majin.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxl2eDP1oQ4

;_;
>>
>>133727891
Was Nameless Namekian a Namekian God? Looks possible.
>>
Gohan could have been the Kurama of the 5. Go to hell Toriyama.
>>
>>133708084
Just how Toriyama said Videl's hobby was to be a hero of justice, and now in Super I would bet she forgot how to fly.
>>
>>133708178
What GT thought me:
The show is shit if the story is only about muh Goku + his best buddy Vegeta who is doomed to lose because we have to pander muh Goku.
You know what I loved about Z? That Toriyama found a way to make the characters participate in some way in the fights.
>>
File: Autism.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>133708840
Here we have a rebel.
>>
>>133708570
>>133710835
In this thread I haven't read anyone saying they want Gohan to be Goku 2.0, personally I find annoying that Toriyama is committing the same mistakes as GT.
Who were the one that only mattered in GT? Goku and Vegeta just because we need conflict. All the characters were left in the shadows except for Pan and only because the only word she knew was Grandpa Goku.
>>
>>133711933
>>133712056
>>133712072
>>133712094
Why all of you are acting as if Gohan gives no shit about Earth?
He is the first in the front lines, the thing is that Toriyama is pushing every non-Goku and non-Vegeta characters in the dust. I like Vegeta and I like Piccolo, they both deserve to be more powerful, but Buu? The pink fatty isn't even popular in moonland, nor he is interesting. Also, it's obvious Vegeta and Piccolo are going to be pushed to the sides to allow Goku his shinny moment.
>>
>>133719328
>>133719387
And the power level fag is you also are you acting as if Goku and Vegeta haven't suffer from the same syndrome?
Kill the villain, no fuck that, let's let him become stronger so he can kick our asses.
>>
File: Ma Junior.png (250KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
Ma Junior.png
250KB, 576x432px
REMINDER THAT PICCOLO IS GETTING A POWER UP AND IS ONE OF THE 5 MAIN FIGHTERS FOR THE NEW TEAM BEERUS VS TEAM CHAMPA TENKAICHI BUDOKAI
PICCOLO IS FINALLY BACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C55vYFOEuwA
>>
>>133730253
having too many saiyans shits up the story
>>
>>133720021
>But it's been stated multiple times already that Gohan doesn't want to be a fighter
False, he enjoys fighting, he just doesn't act like fighting is the only thing that matter in life.
>He doesn't care about being Strongest in the Universe
You are right.
>If Gohan was MC, he'd be more of a mentor or teacher to people who want learn martial arts.
I doubt it, with time he would get the job done instead of acting like Goku with Golden Frieza, also he would let the others to help him. Just like in RoF.
>>
>>133727319
I lost something?
Weren't Buu and Piccolo and some original character gonna be in the tournament?
>>
>>133730723
He's baiting you.
The raws specifically mention Goku and Vegeta, Goku drafts Boo and Piccolo in as well and Beerus says he will get a mysterious fighter as a final 5th, he's supposedly the strongest fighter (aside from Whis) that Beerus ever fought.
>>
>>133727891
One of the theory was bring back King Piccolo to fuse with him.
They can also retcon his birth by saying that King Piccolo fused with him before dying, so he just have to unlock his potential.
>>
>After the demise of his father, Gohan reflects on the power he wields and so he devoted himself to scholarly research on the source of that strength, ki. Gohan begins researching the martial arts of the past, organizing them in his book Groundbreaking Science in Age 804. The book quietly gains popularity and one of the articles, "Katchin Can Be Cut!", has an immense influence in the birth of the Swordsman class, as it leads to the creation of Trunks and Goten's Kikoukenjutsu Sword School in the year following the book's release.
>"Swordmanship is cool, isn't it. Let's set up an awesome school all by ourselves!", the two become enthralled by this motivation. Via intense training, the two are able to develop their natural potential and, as adults, create the Kikoukenjutsu Sword School to educate the planet's new generation of warriors.
>To avenge their fallen leaders, the remnants of Frieza's solders invade Earth raining destruction and wreaking havoc throughout the world.
>The ones who ultimately defeat the Frieza's soldiers are Krillin, Tien Shinhan, and their comrades—the heroes of the past. In order to hide their identities, the warriors put on Saiyaman-like costumes, but their ki-based fighting style still becomes a hot topic and global interest in "ki" escalates.
>As a result, by Age 1000, many Earthlings have taken up advanced martial arts and understand ki control.
You all make fun of Gohan's scholarly pursuits and how weak the humans are, but they're the ones who not only end up saving the day once Goku's gone, but they also manage to get the people of Earth to finally work at becoming able to defend themselves, which Goku tried and failed to do several times.
>>
>>133730785
Piccolo Jr IS Demon King Piccolo
He has all the memories of the original, he's not his son, he's a full reincarnation.
>>
>>133730779
It's going to be a cute little girl, I'm calling it.
>>
File: piccolo-jr.jpg (11KB, 267x230px) Image search: [Google]
piccolo-jr.jpg
11KB, 267x230px
>Piccolo confirmed for Team Beerus
>Gohan confirmed useless

>mfw drinking Gohanfag tears
>>
Wow, someone is unhappy with the lack of saiyans? Fuck, if i have to complain about something is the lack of humans, but the rooster is just great. Also if Tory remembers what he write for Online, Boo will get a character development soon.
>>
>>133731107
He already remembered the porn mags so brace for Miss Boo.
>>
>>133730779
>Goku drafts Boo
Goku autism triggered me. Buu cared less about fighting and power than Gohan.
>>
>>133730384
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ziB2CQ7yR8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK4DsD7xX4o

Sharing the Piccolo love with some Faulconer.
>>
>>133731381
>Failcorner
Fuck off Amerifat.
>>
>>133729617
>and now in Super I would bet she forgot how to fly.

If she "forgot", that would be more Toei's fault rather than Toriyama's.
>>
>>133697653
He literally only married her because she made him.
>>
>>133701804
Where are these numbers coming from? I don't remember them from the manga.
>>
>>133732037
I think ape was in the manga and the rest were from Daizenshuus. Those worthless little guide books.
>>
>>133702373
>not being the strongest entity in the universe
>bitch
>>
>>133732037
Vegeta confirms Oozaru being 10x in the Saiyan Saga.
SSJ being 50x was revealed by Toriyama himself in Daizenshuu issue nr. 7
>>
What the FUCK happened?

Even GT treated them better.
>>
>>133732105
>getting oneshooted by first form freezer
>strongest
>>
>>133732148
Nothing?
Gohan was never a fighter.
It was his dream to become a scholar and he himself said he's only doing Cell as one off thing out of necessity.
He flat out says he hates fighting right before he wrecks Cell too.
GT is non canon garbage and you should kill yourself.
>>
>ITT: Autism
>>
>>133703281
It would be fucking awesome if Gohan had this revelation and just became the baddest dude around because he knew he could handle the responsibility better. Won't happen but it'd be great.
>>
>>133732266
He deflected a bullet into his wife because he was drunk.
>>
>>133703180
Picollo focused on taking over kami's job. He technically doesn't want to keep putting himself at risk because muh earth god.
>>
>>133694400

He is literally stronger than SSJ3 Goku at the end of the Kid Buu arc.

Super is all about the god forms. I don't know why they felt the need to power him down so much, but it wouldn't have made any difference. He still wouldn't have been able to fight against golden Frieza.
>>
>>133732456
I thought that was Dende's job.
>>
>>133732266
He literally indirectly shot her with a gun bullet.
>>
>>133732456
That's Dende's job you fucking retard. Also Piccolo never stopped training. He just does it off screen same as Roshi.
>>
>>133713880
Have Piccolo train with Whis for a while. As the trainer of a god I'm sure he'd figure something out.

Humans are pretty much fucked in Dragon Ball. They really need some kind of hidden transformation or power up desperately.
>>
>>133707029
Buu is a magical creature. Can he even get stronger without eating people?
>>
>>133707143
When do they say piccolo has a limit?
>>
>>133707512
And super starts with him leaving. Dude lives for fighting. Chi chis not even surprised.
>>
>>133732222
>Gohan was never a fighter
Gohan sure didn't enjoy himself in his fight against Dabura.
>>
>>133732921
When he didn't gain any power after the Cell saga even with in the Buu saga he was showed training and he said "I can't stand against you Saiyans"
>>
>>133733166
Nobody can stand against the Saiyans except for the villain of the week. Power creep is in their DNA. Goku jumped from ~90,000 to 3 million just on Namek.
>>
>>133732222
Gohan would have been a better written character if he was much more contradictory. One of the few half saiyan half human characters who has this very strong drive to fight but at the same time his reasonable side wants him to be a scholar.

Everything about gohan pre-buu arc already indicated that about Gohan. He didn't like fighting but when push comes to shove, his urges got the better of him.

Gohan should have been the "monster inside" character, some sort of split personality that he struggles to suppress in the beginning.

But of course that would have given too much depth to a character compared to DBZ standards.
>>
>>133730384
Piccolo doesn't need a power up, he just need to break people's bones. Just give him back his stretch arms, eye beams, mouth beams, and Special Beam Cannon. One of the reasons why Piccolo is based in early DB was because he had millions of ways to fuck people up without taking off his cape.
>>
>>133707708
I guess you forgot the time gohan told his mom to fuck off so he could go to space.
>>
Goku is a pussy, Thor would beat him.
>>
>>133733110
Gohan did a pretty shitty job against Dabura. Even Vegeta was like "Oh my fucking god you nerd you should have been able to end him already!"
>>
>>133707029
>bringing Buu to Beerus's planet

That's a disaster waiting to happen. Can you imagine the trouble that fuck head is gonna get into.
>>
>>133705430
https://youtu.be/69J67L4b0xU?t=396

> he was like the father I never had

Loved hearing Gohan talk about the past in history of Trunks abridged.
>>
>>133734080
Whis manages to feed two Saiyans, himself and Beerus, keeping Buu stuffed shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>133734034
Vegeta was over dramatic because he wanted Babadi to see him get pissed off and realize he's evil.
>>
>>133734442
Just hope he doesn't break anything and/or steal Whis or Beerus's food.
>>
>>133710426
Listen to this internet alpha over here. Other than when he was a fucking toddler when did Gohan not do what he wanted to do in a significant situation? Only examples I can think of is when he wanted to NOT fight.
>>
>>133733505
Yeah, read my post and the post I replied to.
Piccolo trained since the DB, but after the Android saga he wasn't able to stand against Saiyans even after training for years.
>>
>>133734516
Since the Saiyan saga Gohan kept training because he wanted to, nobody forced him to, and that was because he wanted to help his friends and dad.
>>
>>133731381

>Sharing the Piccolo love with anti-Piccolo ""music""
>>
>>133730384

Piccolo is the only character with own Main Theme in the original OST. Why?
>>
>>133715616

The only time he really cried like a little bitch was when he was four years old, Piccolo gave him a sword, and threw him into the wilderness by himself and said "See you in a few months, kid!"
>>
Seriously now..

What are the chances of Gohan being the Mystery Fighter?

Is there any hope left or is this the end?
>>
>>133737077
I doubt it, Beerus said that fighter was the first person that gave him problems.
But as the anime is treating the manga content, U6 vs U7 is going to be around 15 episodes, so maybe Gohan could participate in the incoming arcs. But what I really want to know is why Toriyama seems to like shit on Gohan (and I don't mean about his power), just look at all the comments in the manga about him. Vegeta seems to value Gohan more than Goku (the fucking irony).
>>
>>133736882

And when he had to strike Nappa after Krillin and Piccolo performed the best team combo of Z.
>>
File: 119216141776.jpg (107KB, 900x523px) Image search: [Google]
119216141776.jpg
107KB, 900x523px
>>133737676
I hope you are just pretending to be an idiot.
>>
>>133727293

And completely destroyed the RRA.

Saiyan or not, getting your shit wrecked by a kid is not good for your reputation.
>>
>>133710835
>I want Gohan to be an active member of the cast
>BUTTBLASTED GOHANFAGS
>YOU WANT HIM TO BE A GARY STU
Every goddamn time..

Gohan has only been the strongest of the cast two points in the series. One point in which it took 2/3rds of the series to build up to, and another point where he was immediately jobbed because the series has to continue for a bit longer after that. To put this in perspective, it took up until Movie 9 for Gohan to actually be the main character in it

Gohan's thing has always been that he had some sort of hidden potential in him that would allow him to keep up with the cast as such a young age. Even with him as a super saiyan in 8, everyone's getting slapped around by Brolly. The issue people are having is that characters are swiftly being shown the door to "you're not doing anything other than jobbing to badguys/retirement" door when Super could have been the chance to try to remedy the shit that DBZ and GT failed to pick up ,.

What was everyone's biggest complaints about GT? No Toriyama and Goku does everything.
Now it's Goku AND Vegeta do everything, and Toriyama is there, so I guess it's okay now.
>>
>>133739653
You could say Goku did everything during the BoG arc. Vegeta didn't do squat until RoF.
>>
>>133739653
Funny that Vegeta still jobs in RoF in favor of muh Goku.
>>
>>133737812
Full Power Ssj1 Gohan was fucking awesome.
>>
>>133740730
>Jobs
Do you know what Jobbing means? Vegeta whooped Freeza so hard he lost his transformed state. Freeza never laid a good punch on him. Freiza basically just rage quite and flipped up the board because Vegeta was winning.
>>
>>133741691
>Do you know what Jobbing means?
Getting killed by Frieza attack and Goku killing him instead.
>>
Give Gotenks the spotlight. Not sure how, but let them train seriously. Make them strong enough to go toe-to-toe with baddies, but still naive/inexperienced enough to job.
>>
>>133693559
Because Toriyama can't do character development. Half the characters are one dimensional.

Gohan pursues normal life even though he knows the world needs strong fighters. He'll have a near-death experience given by Frieza and he still does absolutely no training.
>>
>>133742781
>I don't know what a one dimensional character is

Most DB main characters are at least two dimensional (yes, Goku too), some of which are three dimensional.
>>
File: 567890.png (513KB, 1108x584px) Image search: [Google]
567890.png
513KB, 1108x584px
>>133742781
I can't believe Toei made a better job than him.
>>
>>133742781
>>133743052
Gohanfags pls stop.
>>
File: 142913011191.jpg (17KB, 217x289px) Image search: [Google]
142913011191.jpg
17KB, 217x289px
>>133743152
>pls
>>
Gohanfags

the gohan you want died a long time ago, in another time and universe.
The great big-back future gohan
>>
>>133743713
>The great big-back future gohan
I love when we play dumb.
>>
File: jojo_stands.jpg (215KB, 1272x720px) Image search: [Google]
jojo_stands.jpg
215KB, 1272x720px
>>133714327
By making fights about more than just raw power, as has become relatively common in modern shounen? Toriyama had to bullshit a lot to make the humans as useless as they became. Krillin has an insta-kill technique, that he could easily pair with another broken one that blinds enemies and leaves them distracted in pain for several seconds. Then there's the Spirit Bomb, which took out Kid Buu, and that we know Krillin is capable of wielding, and for whatever reason Toriyama never bothered to give any of the humans access to kai-oken. Tien never bothers to use his Evil Containment Wave, Shin Kikiho, or Dodon Wave, which was stated, by Roshi himself, to be superior to the Kamehameha. All the while Toriyama kept pulling new saiyan transformations (including giving two children legendary super forms at 7 and 8) and techniques such as fusion (which was initially a joke from his editor) out of his ass to keep the saiyans relevant.

But if Toriyama doesn't want to go the Jojo, Yu Yu Hakusho, or Hunter x Hunter route of actually making his fights strategic and interesting, he could always go the One Piece route of pairing each character with sub-bosses at each of their power levels.
Thread posts: 283
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.