[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /a think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12

So all the reviews I read of this were stellar. Everyone said it was SO psychological and that it constantly leaves you thinking and contemplating. Well I thought the show was as slow and boring as a shit on a cold Tuesday morning. I didn't have any time to think because every character (including the insufferable narrator) told me EVERYTHING they were thinking at all times. There was nothing to think about because everything was spelled out so slowly and succinctly it's like the show thought I was an idiot and wouldn't understand basic reasoning. I stored watching after everyone fell to their deaths. Am I missing something? What's the deal?
>>
File: bad_justice.png (351KB, 696x385px) Image search: [Google]
bad_justice.png
351KB, 696x385px
>>133685346
>insufferable narrator
>>
I just wish it had an ending.

This is far superior to Akage btw.
>>
File: What a load of garbage.png (94KB, 288x268px) Image search: [Google]
What a load of garbage.png
94KB, 288x268px
>>133685346
>the insufferable narrator
>>
File: 1337070213303.jpg (47KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1337070213303.jpg
47KB, 500x281px
>>
>>133685346
go back to watching luck star, moefag
>>
>>133685548
Wasn't S2 enough of a proper closure?
I know that there is the manga but that shit ain't gonna be ending in the next two decades
So just consider S2 as the ending
>>
>>133687585
i dont think moefags would complain about things being slow or spelled out

this is most likely a shounenfag
>>
>>133685346
>/a
>not liking the narrator
Faggot
>>133687585
Kaiji is moe
>>
>he couldn't watch Kaiji

I'd understand if you were complaining about Akagi, but Kaiji? Fucking Kaiji? The best gambling anime where you can actually relate and feel what the main character is feeling, wheter he wins or loses.

So what if the characters look weird compared to your usual anime? So what if the narrator sounds weird to you?
>>
>>133687665
>I know that there is the manga but that shit ain't gonna be ending in the next two decades
This is Kaiji, not Akagi.
>>
>>133685346
>I thought the show was as slow and boring as a shit on a cold Tuesday morning
>I didn't have any time to think
So, it was slow and you still didn't have the time to think? That sounds more like you've got a learning disability.
>>
I feel like no one has addressed what I brought up that the show treats you like an idiot. I liked the story but even after something was obvious I was told what was happening, even though I could see what was happening! I don't hate every fuckin narrator but this one sucks. I guess time to think was a bad word choice, room to think would be better. What am supposed to be thinking about I'd everything is SO OBVIOUS that there's no ambiguity or room for interpretation? I even like slow anime! I just think that kaiji is indulgent, constantly telling us how clever everything is instead of moving the story along.
>>
>>133687850
I liked the art style and never said anything about it, learn to read. And the narrator doesn't sound weird. He just says a lot of unnecessary shit.
>>
>>133689116
It's a sports anime. If you can follow what's going on at all times that's a good thing.
>>
You came into the show with over the top expectations and got disappointed. Big fucking whoop.
>>
>>133685346
>>
>>133687892
kaiji has been going on since 1996
so that's 19 years
and we have yet to see kaiji going up against kurosaki or him settling the score with hyoudou
heck, even his gamble with kazuya has just started
I am devoted to fkmt and all but you can't deny his tendency to drag on shit for too long
>>
>>133689116
well, it's not about what the MC is doing, it's about the emotional predicament he's in.
The narrator is just there to enforce the feels the MC is going through and this is one of a few examples where the narrator is actually good, unlike shows like HxH
If you watched the whole of Espoir arc, you should be able to understand that his strategy of collecting one particular was albeit a simple one and not even a proper strategy
This video should explain to you the appeal of this series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vBSLmXG1II
If you still think that this is not your cup of tea, than I guess you should stick to generic shonen
>>133689203
gambling=/=sports
>>
>>133689800
>particular card*
>>
>>133689800
I haven't watched the video yet but I see your point about the narrator. I thought that the animation and dialogue was enough to convey how kaiji was feeling though. I like his illustrations but they go on forever. It's like when someone explains something to you 4 times because they think you don't get it. But you've turned me around a little bit.
>>
the narrator isnt there to explain, hes there to create tension and offer insight on the situation. Hes there to properly convey the emotional pressure that the players feel while gambling, and he does so by constantly shouting and stating the obvious, because even the obvious might create doubts when your life is on the line.

Like, for example, that the KUYASHII part. Kaiji repeats this to himself and the narrator joins him, but thats not to explain what Kaiji is thinking, more like how he feels about what hes thinking.
>>
File: 1433225013001.gif (1MB, 279x219px) Image search: [Google]
1433225013001.gif
1MB, 279x219px
>>133685346

>the insufferable narrator
>>
>>133685346
>this thread and the higurashi one

Why is there suddenly so much shitty bait on /a/ today?
>>
>>133691659
>kuyashii
here is the part in question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeLxUVACQF0
>>
>>133685346
OP is a faggot.

In other news. the fucking machine has a name, Chang express his concern about gambling in a warehouse with shady men in black suits at 2AM and Kaiji and Kazuya still acting gay for each other.
>>
File: sophie.jpg (356KB, 728x1059px) Image search: [Google]
sophie.jpg
356KB, 728x1059px
>>133692053
Goddammit I forgot the pic
>>
>>133689376
>>
>>133692092
>>133692053
It has started!?
Fuck, I've been waiting for this since 2013
>>
No one agrees, I guess ill just go to bed knowing I'm wrong.
>>
>>133685346
it's overrated shit with hack writing for uncultured neckbeards.
>>
I agree. Overrated shit.
>>
The buzzword brigade has arrived.
>>
>>133689116
>the show treats you like an idiot
I actually agree with this and it applies to FKMT in general, he explains shit way too much, shit that's not even hard to understand to begin with.
>>
>>133689606
>has just started
>8 volumes
>>
>>133694625
*tips neckbeard*
>>
>>133685346
Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by impaired social interaction, verbal and non-verbal communication, and restricted and repetitive behavior.

People with autism have social impairments and often lack the intuition about others that many people take for granted. Noted autistic Temple Grandin described her inability to understand the social communication of neurotypicals, or people with normal neural development, as leaving her feeling "like an anthropologist on Mars. Kuyashii!".
>>
File: wrong.jpg (124KB, 496x335px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
124KB, 496x335px
>>133685346
>>133689116
It has nothing to do with insulting your intelligence. The narrator is there to build tension and emphasize what each character is feeling. Kaiji is very much an emotionally-charged series. If you are too autistic to relate to anything concerning the human condition you should probably watch something else.
>>
>>133695544
I can already relate to it without it being shoved in my fucking face. I think it's way more autistic to not be able to relate to someone's feelings if they aren't specifically explained to you. Like to not understand facial expressions and typical emotions unless they're explained to you is like the literal definition of autism
>>
>>133696010
It's for dramatic effect. But then again, I admit FKMT does have an tendency to repeat things over and over which is polarizing for some. I can overlook it because all the high points of the series outweigh this for me, but maybe it just isn't for you.
>>
>>133685346
So are you telling me you hate it?
>>
File: 1107-50492-2.jpg (449KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1107-50492-2.jpg
449KB, 1920x1080px
This is one of the best manga/animes I've seen ever..Kaiji is such an amazing character..I can't wait for more of the manga to get translated..I wish I had more Kaiji wallpapers though
>>
File: SetDesign5thGrade.jpg (463KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SetDesign5thGrade.jpg
463KB, 1024x768px
Fuck you OP I love the narrator and I love the theatrical element of the narration and imagery.

I wish a theatre company could do a live action Kaiji play with the narrator as an actor on set narrating everything like the show. I would love to watch the crew do impromptu set changes to fit the imagery the narrator conjures.

I want to see the actor playing the narrator stand over a despairing Kaiji doing a call and response of "HE HATES IT" "I HATE IT" with Kaiji withering every time
>>
>>133696505
No, I just didn't love it like everyone else does. There are definitely worse anime out there.
>>
>>133685346
Kaiji is the best.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.