[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the flying fuck is this garbage ending man?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

File: BLue.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BLue.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
What the flying fuck is this garbage ending man?
>>
>>133675023
And you were expecting what exactly?
>>
>>133675117

I sure as fuck wasn't expecting the last 15 minutes to be a shitty chase scene from a manager who could have just as easily not turned out to be crazy and for some reason want to keep the Mima hype alive. It's so far out of left field and has nothing backing it up. It's also not even needed to get across all the messages that the movie was trying to. They could have drawn out things a little and left it at killing her stalker, but no, we have to take this character with 0 motive and make her do something ridiculous. It's fucking insane and I hate it . It would have been an easy 9/10 if it weren't for that shit.

A waste of 20 minutes.
>>
File: windaria.jpg (45KB, 225x326px) Image search: [Google]
windaria.jpg
45KB, 225x326px
>>133675168
you want shit endings? pic related
>>
>>133675270

I understand there can be worse, but I feel like it took away from something that was so great already. It added one more line that didn't need to be there. It just kept going when you thought you were at the end, dragging on in a crazy way that doesn't seem all that real when it was attempting to shoot for reality.
>>
>>133675293
I know what you mean, I don't know why but many animes and japanese films have great plots or concepts, but fail to deliver satisfying endings, always wondered why?
>>
>>133675168
The manager was an ex-idol, and the whole movie is about the dark side of the idol life. No longer being the goddess men adore while having nothing that outshines that feeling of power she used to bask in, with looks ruined and pushed to the background while other girls are now in spotlight, the manager was a ticking bomb and the craziness was her exploding.
>>
>>133675316
I always felt that nips seem to focus on the journey but to me the journey means nothing if the ending destination is shit.
>>
>>133675389

I mean I get that. I kind of thought it was something akin to a mother forcing her daughter to do something she used to and demand she be good at it. It just still ended up coming out of nowhere. There are small hints where she's distressed about Mima's choices, but again it is played off of the idea that it's more motherly concern kind of thing. It just sucks that it's something that takes two watches to even see it coming. It's almost impossible to see it coming without having seen it before.
>>
>>133675389
Rumi was an ex-idol?, huh, maybe they skipped that in the subs I saw.
>>
File: stare.png (338KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
stare.png
338KB, 600x750px
>>133675168
Wasn´t the ending supposed to be ambiguous and metaphorical? Maybe you are thinking too straightforward.
>>
I'm torn. On the one hand, if the manager's character was developed better the ending would have made more of an impact. On the other hand, developing the manager's character too much would have undermined the weight of the TWEEST all together.
>>
>>133675465
Don't worry, I had the same reaction.

>>133675410
The journey is very important and some shows are meant to end that way just because of how they set them.

>>133675503
Where's the spoiler dawg? But yeah it's a fine line to walk and takes some talent to pull off correctly, but I can sure as fuck tell you that it wasn't done well here.
>>
>>133675525
>The journey is very important

It is but how you depart a series I feel is the most important part. Nips just aren't very good at it.
>>
One of the main themes of the movie was that madness and psychopathy isn't something you can always grasp from appearances or behaviour and appeareances can be very deceiving, if you're unsatisfied with the ending you either didn't understand this simple thing or you're just bitching about things didn't go as you wanted.

Get some taste though, really. Who the fuck wants a movie to be a boring predictable slog?
>>
File: 1440482216194.png (40KB, 392x200px) Image search: [Google]
1440482216194.png
40KB, 392x200px
>>133675479
well, that scene at the end when she looks at the mirror and smiles, I sure as hell doubted of Mima's sanity.
>>
>>133675270
Anything by Seo is going to have a crap ending.
>>
>>133675544

It's supposed to be a psychological thriller, not some out of nowhere ending. It just feels so unreal and un-natural to have it happen.
>>
File: 1285569410239.jpg (6KB, 209x215px) Image search: [Google]
1285569410239.jpg
6KB, 209x215px
Rumiko Takashi and Mitsuru Adachi's open endings.
Golden Boy's ending.
Vindland Saga sure as hell is going into shit end territory as well
Maybe a rant, but anyone want to discuss this?
>>
File: Perfect Blue Zoetrope.webm (3MB, 1920x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Perfect Blue Zoetrope.webm
3MB, 1920x1056px
>>
File: 1424429219388.jpg (24KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1424429219388.jpg
24KB, 500x281px
>>133675618
>It's supposed to be a psychological thriller, not some out of nowhere ending.
>out of nowhere ending.

Did you even read what was posted in the thread or do you want me to point it out for you?

What was not psychological about Mima being the actual killer?
Do you really want to argue that the surprise element invalidates the whole topic of the movie?
>>
>>133675455
>It's almost impossible to see it coming without having seen it before.
Is that supposed to be a bad thing or something?
>>
>>133675680

Give me a reason that Rumi had to go into terror mode? What did it accomplish other than adding one more facet that wasn't needed and was somewhat crammed into the last 15ish minutes when the other two plots, Mima's insanity and Me-Mania's delusions covered more than needed to keep it interesting and engaging? Why did they need to add one more extra layer for no reason when they could have ended it in some other way to portray that Mima could have still be lost in her illusions? You say I haven't read the thread and make a claim that I didn't think there was a possibility of Mima being the killer. Throughout the whole movie there is doubt if she is or isn't a killer and it is established without the need of having the last 15 minutes be Rumi time.

>>133675735
I just get very stilted when things have un-seeable endings that have to take everything someone does or says to an extreme even though the characters don't portray any kind of reason towards the way they end up acting. You can tell me it's because of a long gone career, but I feel someone who wants somebody else to do what they want will work a little hard towards gettinng them to do it.
>>
>>133675795
>Give me a reason that Rumi had to go into terror mode?
What does that even have to do with my point or the fact that the movie isn't psychological for you?
>What did it accomplish other than adding one more facet that wasn't needed and was somewhat crammed into the last 15ish minutes when the other two plots, Mima's insanity and Me-Mania's delusions covered more than needed to keep it interesting and engaging?
Nigga, you really expect her to act cooly and rational after discovering the whole truth? Are you serious?
>Why did they need to add one more extra layer for no reason when they could have ended it in some other way to portray that Mima could have still be lost in her illusions?
Some other way, like what way? And what if Mima wasn't actually lost in her illusions anymore and just went completely batshit insane?
It seems to me you're just forcing your interpretation as the only one worth considering, Kon's movie aren't straightforward simply because he was fond of the notion that there isn't a definitive or correct interpretation of things or truth, see Millennium Actress for that and the vast majority of Paranoia Agent.

I guess you're one of those people who like things in black and white, Kon's not the one for you I'm afraid.
>>
What is the point in all these spoiler tags? Either someone should have seen it, or they would attempt to avoid the thread where possible. /a/ is full of spoilers anyways.
>>
I think most of the films problems can be taken back to Kon being inexperienced you can very blatantly see in each of his movies that he's improving his storytelling style.
The Rumi thing was technically fine, but it felt a little tacked on to me. The ending was wrapper up a bit too clean.
>>
File: 1442062305952.jpg (104KB, 581x668px) Image search: [Google]
1442062305952.jpg
104KB, 581x668px
>>133675465
The other manager tells her "This isn't like when you used to be an Idol, Rumi times have changed" or something like that in the first 10 minutes of the movie.
>>
>>133676618
Just common courtesy. I use them all the time no matter what unless the discussion is already regarding spoilers.
>>
>>133675023
The fat lady and the idol main character were not real, the TV show was the actual reality. Mima is actually a fat lady in a mental hospital.
>>
>>133681526
Mima got into the car in the end, she's real.
>>
It's like you've never seen psycho.
>>
>>133675618
It's called a plot twist, dear anon.
>>
>>133681570
The voice saying "I'm real" was the fat lady's. She was the real Mima.
>>
>>133683988
No, she was shown in the institution at the same time as Mima, then Mima leaves, goes into the car, and says she's real.
>>
>>133675023
Well black swan ripped it off and made the ending even worse. At least this movie HAD an ending.
>>
>>133675023
Perfect Blue was a little bit of a mess. There's lots of great stuff in there but the story was a little wonky. Millennium Actress is way better.
>>
Wasn't the whole point that Rumi was trying to psychologically terrorize Mima into going back into the idol business? Honestly it kind of becomes obvious that Rumi's worried about something more than managing with how she reacts to things like the rape scene's filming since after something like that mima would never be able to return toi idoling.
>>
>>133675795
Let me guess, you also hated the ending to se7en, right?
>>
>>133676618
>/a/ uses spoiler tags as intended for once
>someone complains
Never change.
>>
>>133685232
At first I thought she didn't like the rape scene because she was watching someone she cared about get "raped" and all that. But the reveal changed everything

>>133684046
No, the voice is Rumi's. Mima's solo singing at the beginning? That was Rumi singing.
>>
One of my favorite movies , but i have ti admit that the very ending was a bit jarring.
>>
>>133684577
Millennium Actress>Perfect Blue=Tokyo Godfathers>Paprika>Paranoia Agent
>>
>>133685525
But it's not, Rumi doesn't talk. She is shown separately as the doctor is talking to Mima, then Mima herself leaves and gets into the car and talks.
>>
>>133685627
Personally I feel it's
Millenium Actress>Tokyo Godfathers>>Paprika>Perfect Blue>Paranoia Agent
But I honestly love all of Kon's work.
>>
>>133685715

While I'd put Paprika at the bottom (less it's fault and more because I just love PB and PA that much more), Millenium Actress is a top tier movie and it needs to be appreciated more than I've seen it be.

Then again, I also need to see Tokyo Godfathers at some point, so there's that.
>>
I've only seen Perfect Blue. What of Kon's should I watch next if I liked the thriller/mystery aspects of it? Not that I only want to watch a thriller/mystery from him, as I definitely have his other stuff on my backlog, but I'm kind of in that mood.
>>
File: 1447317787424.jpg (36KB, 511x509px) Image search: [Google]
1447317787424.jpg
36KB, 511x509px
>>133685627
>>133685715
>>133685784
>not including magnetic rose
>>
>>133685839
That's the only real thriller like that that he did, but maybe Paranoia Agent is similar kinda? It's sort of a police / mystery thing anyway. But as these other /a/nons point out, it's not his best work. All his work is pretty different in terms of its tone and content.
>>
File: 1411999763396.png (154KB, 495x323px) Image search: [Google]
1411999763396.png
154KB, 495x323px
>You will never rip off an anime and win a Oscar
>>
>>133685847

I almost did, but I've always been iffy if that's a Kon work or if it's just something he worked on.

If it is put it between Perfect Blue and Paranoia Agent.

>>133685839

Paranoia Agent. The rest aren't thrillers (except Magnetic Rose, if you want to include it), but they're all pretty great at what they try to do. I don't cry a lot at media, but Millennium Actress wringed a few tears out of me.
>>
>>133685994
He scripted, directed, and storyboarded it, what more do you want? And it's definitely better than perfect blue to be honest family.
>>
I only recently learned about how batshit insane people get over idols dating or doing anything even remotely lewd. Now I have to rewatch this again.
>>
>>133686061

Oh, he did? I never actually looked up how much he did, I was always told he only worked on it. My mistake, then.

Though I disagree, Perfect Blue had a much bigger impact on me than Magnetic Rose did. Maybe my viewpoint's a little skewed because of that, but I still think Perfect Blue is the better overall work.
>>
>>133684474
Black Swan had a great ending.
>>
>>133686271
The problem with that is that Magnetic Rose is literally flawless in all ways.
>>
>>133685495
The point is that there's no reason at all for spoiler tags in this thread. Why the fuck would someone come into a thread about a movie's ending if they haven't seen it already?
>>
>>133675665
Yes. This so much. You took the words straight from my mind. I have not agreed with ANYONE on /a/ more.
>>
>>133685696
Again, pay attention to who says the final lines. It's not Mima's voice.
>>
>>133687701
Sound's like it
>>
>>133675666

wh-what
>>
>>133685784
Tokyo Godfathers is fun but isn't as weird as Kon's other stuff.

>>133685847
Must watch if you like sci-fi.
>>
>>133686806
thread's still alive?
about?
takahashi's endless endings?
adachi's eternal power of koshien?
Vindland saga's Thorfinn turning from a raging viking berserker into an unamed monk who follows a totally not!japan pacifist ideology? also endless boat travel plot?
>>
>>133685839
Paranoia Agent is probably your best bet
>>
>>133675023
Welcome to Japanese Storytelling.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.