[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I watched it I finally watched it. All the way to the fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Akira.jpg (886KB, 2592x1808px) Image search: [Google]
Akira.jpg
886KB, 2592x1808px
I watched it
I finally watched it.
All the way to the fucking end.

And when it finished, I still had no idea what the fuck was going on.

Im not sure what AKIRA really is. Im not sure what Tetsuos power and the kids power really is. I didnt understand the Giant fireball fuck explosion at the end that supposedly created a FUCKING UNIVERSE.

Its supposed to be a classic movie. And I was so stoked to finally watch.

Now Im pissed. Because I dont think Im smart enough to fully understand and enjoy it.
>>
It's shit.

The manga is better.
>>
>>133667973
>I watched it
>I didn't understand it
>I watched it

Well that's your problem.
>>
>>133667973
the point is that its pretty and its 90's

thats about it
>>
>>133668090
>>133668116
Is the manga really that much better?

Can the books really redeem the amount of frustration I have felt over this clusterfuck of a plotline?
>>
there's a fucking website for you retards that spells everything out
>>
>>133668153
The manga contains the full story, and you should read it, but the movie is still excellent. Just watch it again or read wikipedia.
>>
The movie covers the first half of the manga, but leaves out about 1000 panels.
>>
File: Akira.png (199KB, 281x713px) Image search: [Google]
Akira.png
199KB, 281x713px
>>133668153
Do you think the movie adapted anything of the manga?

It's one fucking movie for a manga that ran for 8 years.

Where do you people even come from?
>>
>>133668140
>>133668166
>>133668227
>>133668260
>>133668297
I appreciate the honest answers. i guess I was just a little disappointed considering everyone I know who is into anime highly recommended the movie to me.
>>
You're overthinking too much, anon.
Everything you need to know is on its wikipedia page, just read it.
>>
>>133668297
>Where do you people even come from?

My father's balls, sir.
>>
>>133667973
>>133668153
The manga's just more of the same as always.

It's meant to be ambiguous I think, like you're out of your depth because that's the whole point of the movie. Growing pains of a punk kid turning into a god. Evolution of humanity into something greater, uncertainty of the present and future, all that fun stuff. It's also just a cool movie about people getting splattered by mind beams.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.