[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone up to date with the Kaiji manga? Is it worth reading,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: kaiji2-26-1.png (459KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
kaiji2-26-1.png
459KB, 640x360px
Anyone up to date with the Kaiji manga? Is it worth reading, or does it fall off in quality after the parts covered in the anime?
>>
It's still good. New arc looks a lot better than the last one
>>
>>133661940
Watch Akagi, shits like Kaiji if he was always competent and its awesome.
>>
>>133662963
I actually prefer Kaiji because of that, he's the disgusting and unlucky NEET. Akagi is the polar opposite, just a Mary Sue-ish character with the devil's own luck. Kaiji is infinitely more relatable.
>>
>>133662963
You can't really compare Akagi and Kaiji. Akagi is badass and all, but Kaiji is more human. They both have their good points.
>>
>>133662963
I prefer Ten to Akagi.
I know it's unfair because of the last few volumes of Ten being what makes Ten so good, but fuck.
>>
>>133662963
Akagi is an entirely different character with an entirely different storyline who plays a completely different game.
"Kaiji if he was competent" would be more like Zero.
>>
>>133661940
I hate part 3
I FUCKING HATE IT
>>
File: pleb.png (133KB, 287x491px) Image search: [Google]
pleb.png
133KB, 287x491px
>>133664481
Name one thing wrong with part 3 aside from "I'm too fucking stupid to take 10 minutes to read a few simple rules."
>>
I really hope Kazuya ends up being a part of Kaiji's harem. I can totally see this leading to Kaiji, Kazuya and Tonegawa's replacement conspiring to take down Hyoudou because he is running his own company into the ground.
>>
>>133664610
I don't know a fucking thing about Mahjong and I loved part 3. That's the beauty of Kaiji, it's about the psychological battle more than the actual game. The game is just a vehicle.

The gradual realisation that Kaiji had been betrayed was fucking intense and his plan was so stupidly simple but so perfectly executed.
>>
>>133664610
I know how to play mahjong nerd, my problem is the godawful pacing and the constant redundant analogies.
>>
File: 1423848845097.png (654KB, 829x475px) Image search: [Google]
1423848845097.png
654KB, 829x475px
>>133664694
>Constant redundant analogies.
Maybe FKMT isn't for you.
>>
File: michael!!!.png (311KB, 834x1200px) Image search: [Google]
michael!!!.png
311KB, 834x1200px
>>133664694
>constant redundant analogies.
>>
>>133664688
I don't understand mahjong either. Like you said it's more about the psychological aspect and build-up. Once things start happening it's like an emotional torrent and you just can't stop reading.

>>133664694
The pacing and analogies were the same as any other arc, excluding the Bog. If you read it weekly then I understand completely. FKMT works are meant to be read all at once.
>>
>>133664740
I just don't get why he felt the need to explain what a minefield is like 4 different times.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.