[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

Shokugeki no Souma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 32

File: image.jpg (388KB, 959x1400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
388KB, 959x1400px
Spoilers soon. Is Casanova kill?
>>
>>133661569
>Is Casanova kill?
Who the fuck cares about them? MS saved this manga.
>>
File: 10.jpg (303KB, 840x1344px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
10.jpg
303KB, 840x1344px
There are two fake spoilers right now. We will probably get early spoilers and chapter this week because WSJ will be out this Saturday.
>>
I'm actually looking forward to this episode.

It better focus entirely on Eizan doing his thing.
>>
File: 1426814379360.jpg (67KB, 364x366px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1426814379360.jpg
67KB, 364x366px
>mfw souma btfo eizan fair and square
>>
>>133663865
You don't say? Wasn't the purpose of this thread for the spoilers, which would be out anytime soon?
>>
>>133663966
You are the only one.
>>
>>133661569
who is this guy because he's definitely not that yakuza trash straight outta ntr h-manga eizan I know
>>
File: 702199973.jpg (16KB, 386x338px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
702199973.jpg
16KB, 386x338px
tfw the end will be Juichiro and Souma shokugeki and Erina will be the judge
>>
Alice > Nao = Satoshi >> Jun > Yuki > Momo > Taki >>>>> Erina
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 480x640px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 480x640px
>>
>>133667927
>A lovely bitch
>>
>>133667927
The amount of hype I am having is nothing. I should probably skip a month of this manga.
>>
File: 1445779907727.jpg (48KB, 188x289px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445779907727.jpg
48KB, 188x289px
>>133667927
Not this fucking bitch.
>>
>>133667927
Is that Souma's eye in the corner? Is Rindou hyping up Eizan or some shit?
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 480x640px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 480x640px
>>
>>133668203
oh, so the Eizan's childhood spoiler is true then.
>>
File: 1445226462617.png (15KB, 157x247px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445226462617.png
15KB, 157x247px
>>133668203
Is that first year or middle school Eizan? Holy shit my dick.

So fucking cute.
>>
>>133668240
>>133668203

食戟のソーマ 144話 「王属錬金術師(Kingsman Archimist」
叡山の作る鶏料理は地鶏鍋。
腕まくりをすると、ムキムキの腕が。
どうやら、頭脳だけで荒くれ者を修めているわけではないようだ。
まずは地鶏の吊るし切り。
食戟委員会の長「吊るし切りには超繊細な手さばきと華麗な身のこなしが必要だ。
あんな腕では到底難しいはず!」
しかし叡山は内蔵、皮、肉と手際よくさばいていく。
長「ぬ!あの肉体にこれほどに豪胆と繊細が同居するなどありえんぞ!!」

~回想シーン~
幼少時の叡山(けっこうかわいい)
実家は地鶏の旅館を営んでおり、名物ショーとして地鶏の吊るし切りが行われていた。
現在、吊るし切りを任されているのは叡山の父(ムキムキ)
しかし、ある日父は腰をやってしまい、吊るし切りができなくなってしまう。
このままでは旅館の売り上げが大幅にダウンしてしまい、一家は路頭に迷うことに。
叡山「俺がやるしかないみてえだな」
叡山は地元の地鶏仙人に弟子入り。数多の修行を耐え抜き、吊るし切りを会得する。
そこでは経営学、帝王学、肉体学なども同時に学んでいた。
旅館に帰還した叡山はすぐさま吊るし切りを復古させ、旅館の売り上げを戻す。
さらに、仙人のもとで学んだスキル(これこそが錬金術)を次々に発揮し、日本有数の旅館に成長させた。
~回想終わり~

叡山「錬金術に敵う者などいねえぞ。
ましてや、幸平よ。お前のような庶民の味にしか脳のねえ野郎に負けるはずがねえんだよ。」

錬金術師として、第九席として、仙人の弟子としての誇り!!
>>
>>133668317
Quick summary of what is going on?
>>
>>133668390
Stupid shit with the school siege

Eizan taunts Souma on how his keikaku is absolute, Souma taunts Eizan on how his cooking can overcome all keikakus,

Basically, the judges are bought and paid for(no shit). Rindou chimes in and says that that's unfair and she'll be the sole judge of the match. Souma thinks she's an angel. Eizan says it won't matter either way.

Rindou chuckles and says that the only certainty of the match will be one of the two's absolute destruction

Souma thinks to himself that Rindou isn't an angel but a demon
>>
File: 1447494223463.jpg (52KB, 547x535px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447494223463.jpg
52KB, 547x535px
>>133668596
> Rindou shit

And my hype is dead.

Fuck off with the Rindou wanking already. Im sick of this bitch.
>>
File: rindou.png (209KB, 384x373px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rindou.png
209KB, 384x373px
>>133668708
She's actually right behind Azami in terms of popularity. Japan loves her.
>>
>>133668596
That's it? So Souma went into this match like a retard thinking his food will overcome the bribes and now Rindou comes to the rescue?
>>
>>133668752
I figured as much. Fuck this shit I swear.
>>
>>133668901
Did you seriously think this fucking retard Souma had a plan? Dude is pathetic.

Fucking wish someone would crush him already.
>>
>>133668981
Last arc he did so it's not like he is a retard it's just shitty writing.
>>
>>133668901
Well,Souma is a retard.
>>
>>133669102
He wasn't this dumb before.
>>
File: 1443296613056.jpg (30KB, 290x280px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443296613056.jpg
30KB, 290x280px
>>133668981
>>133668901
Holy shit, Soma just can't fucking win

>wins Shokugeki
OMG ASSPULLS

>loses Shokugeki
what a pathetic loser
>>
>>133669230
>Holy shit, Soma just can't fucking win
Really now? I am not complaining because of the win but because he acted extra stupid when something so fucking important is at stake.
>>
>>133668596
what? That's not the spoiler that was posted.
>>
>>133669338
>New chapter
YAY
>It's a flashback chapter
Oh. Okay.
>>
>>133669230
>Comes out with a plan
GARY STU, ASS PULL

>Doesn't come up with a plan
FUCKING IDIOT
>>
>>133669268
how is he acting stupid? What other possible course of action could he have taken? Soma saw that everyone didn't want to lose the dorm so he gambled on the only viable option to try and save the dorm. Sure it was stupid and he was almost certainty going to fail, but his personality wouldn't just let him stand by and let them destroy the PSD
>>
File: e8a.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
e8a.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>133662075
>MS saved this manga
Grab a load of this delusional faggot.
>>
>>133668317
>Inn?
>Chicken Specialty, hanging techinque?

Eizan's... an evil version of Megumi?
>>
>>133668596
I don't know what this person is talking about, but the spoilers from >>133668317 say nothing about Rindou being the judge.
The first part is about the ingredient, the second part is a flashback about hoe Eizan got his nickname and saved his family's restaurant and the third and last part is about how Eizan is now serious and won't let his pride be trampled on by Soma.
>>
>>133669865
>Saved his family's restaurant

Oh, so now he has something in common with Soma?
>>
>>133669511
Because if so he should have actually tried to make a plan with the 10 days given not rush in.
>>
There's this.

本気を出す十傑第九席の叡山。

叡山の入学動機は「金になるから」。
入学してから一年でその年の入学生徒の入学金を上回る利益をあげた。


【回想】
入学したての叡山(カワイイ)。

叡山「なぜなら顧客の多くは料理のスペシャリストではないからだ そこを間違えずに回答すりゃあ 金は無限に湧いてくる…」

ナレーション:
遠月が持つコネクションをフルに利用し手がけて来た500以上の案件!
異なる分野! 異なる条件! 全て完璧に回答してきた
それは数限りない料理ジャンル・味の世界に精通するセンスがなければ到底不可能!!

戦うことなく相手を追い詰める狡猾さを持ち 自ら食戟の場に出ることはほとんど無い
にも拘わらず 満場一致で十傑入りを果たす。
それほどに彼が学園にもたらした利益は膨大だった…

まさしく『錬金術師(アルキミスタ)』

【回想終わり】

本当は叡山は凄いんだと竜胆。

竜胆「叡山が本気で料理に打ち込んでりゃ…現十傑メンバーの何人かは ヤツに食われてたかもしれねーぜ?」

ソーマ「もちろんそのつもりで挑んでますよ」

そしてソーマの料理が先に完成。
先に実食へ。

It was posted by a different person, but may match the leaked page?
>>
>>133668901
Honestly, the fact that Souma went there with no plan beyond the food overcoming the bribes was beyond obvious.
What I didn't see coming is that that's not what happened.
I think I'd have preferred that to Rindou saving his ass.
>>
>>133669865
Thank fucking god. Interested again.
>>
>>133670103
>with no plan beyond the food overcoming the bribes was beyond obvious.
No it wasn't plenty of people were expecting him to have some sort of plan. It could have been a stupid plan but people expected a plan because he did it last arc.
>>
guys, there's two spoilers posted here from 2ch, and neither has anything to do with Rindou judging.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6020945
http://strawpoll.me/6020966
Bonus:
http://strawpoll.me/6021025
http://strawpoll.me/6021048
>>
Color of 143 when?
>>
>>133668752

Why do the japanese like the worse characters?
>>
>>133671204
>http://strawpoll.me/6020966
you faggots have shit taste
>>
>>133671462
>Female character's a villain
>SHE'S SHIT

For once, the nips have better taste.
>>
>>133668203
SHOTA EIZAN A CUTE
>>
>>133671467
>Takumi and Souma at the top
Seems pretty good for me, the rest is irrelevant.
>>
>>133671636
I didn't say that she was bad because she's a villain. I'm saying that out of all of the characters, why do the japanese like Azami and her the most? like, what has she even done? Shown up like twice, dicked around and has done nothing. nowhere NEAR a good character. No development, not really a villain, yet, even.

better than erina, though. I hate the "density/fate" to be together type of romance and Ojou-Tsundere are legit cancer.
>>
>>133671880
It's just the beginning of the arc and there are new characters? Different taste. Both are popular here too.
>>
>>133672210
>there are
They are*
>>
>>133671880
>shown up twice
>has done nothing

Are you also going to complain about why Kurase (Souma's middle school friend) has done nothing yet?
>>
>>133672295
just how many people say they like Kurase?
>>
>>133672495
And why does that matter?

If you think a character is worse because more people like her, than you have worse taste than the elevens.
>>
Do these recipes actually work, has anyone tried to replicate one?
>>
>>133672643
Yes
>>
>>133672295
no. She is also uninteresting.
>>133672210
thanks for a reasonable answer. I guess I'm just confused at how they would be more liked, but I would presume it's more of the mystery of what they will end up doing.
>>
>>133672643
They do have a chef consultant so they should be doable.
>>
File: smug asshole.png (1MB, 1120x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
smug asshole.png
1MB, 1120x1200px
>>133672593
because almost any story will have side characters that only serve to really move the story along. They usually don't get much development and usually no one pays attention to them once the arc ends. Kurase falls into that list of side characters.

Which is perfectly fine. However, if your favorite character is a side character, then you have shitty taste and your opinion doesn't matter

Anyway the reason why I mentioned that not very people like Kurase is to point out that mentioning her isn't relevant because the guy you were originally replying to was talking about popular characters that didn't deserve to be popular. Since Kurase isn't popular, she isn't relevant to the conversation
>>
>>133672797
> if your favorite character is a side character, then you have shitty taste and your opinion doesn't matter
Who else is a side character by your definition? I want to know if my taste shitty or not.
>>
>>133672905
well it's not like there's an official test for whether someone is a side character or not

but here's a rule of thumb: if you don't know anything about their backstory they are side characters
this means:
>most of the alumni/staff
>most of the elite ten
>most of the judges for the shokugekis
>the leader of the don RS
>the announcers for the autumn election
>Kurase
>kurase's family
>that bitch that ran the karaage restaurant
>the guy in charge of the shopping district

at this rate it might just be easier to name a specific character and we can argue about whether they are or are not a side character
>>
>>133673238
How do you call characters who are not main (i.e. not Souma, Erina and Megumi) but have some backstory/development enough to not be called a "side character" as you define it? For example most of top-8.
>>
>>133673423
minor charcter? supporting character? something like that, I'm not sure about the terminology
>>
>>133673542
>minor character
But they are not minor, sometimes they play a huge role in story.

>supporting character
Yeah, this sounds about right.
>>
Jesus Christ. Azami and Niggerstream really did kill the shokugeki threads.
>>
>read the spoilers.
>it's shit.

Well, see you next week.
>>
when will this boring arc?
>>
Spoilers when?
>>
>>133675761
You didn't even read the thread did you?
>>
>>133671315
I posted it in the Viz thread, search in the archive.
>>
>>133674386
Well good news, the Cassanova site has been rebuilt. With a little luck they will be able to continue their work.
>>
>>133676104
Nice.
>>
Mangastream when?
>>
>>133668203
Shota Eizan is really cute. Thanks, Tosh.
>>
SHIT >>>>> this arc >>>>> elite 10 >>>>> azami
>>
I hope this Shokugeki ends next week. I want to know what happened to Jun.
>>
>>133669865
>pride
>cheats to win in front of every member of the fucking school
>PRIDE
yeah, no. This is getting literally fanfiction tier, what a fucking shame
>>
>Eizan btfos Souma
plzplzplzplz
>>
>>133676888
I doubt
>>
>>133676932
to his twisted logic, even bribing the judges is "pride", since he controls them like he always bragged about
>>
Dead series.
Thanks niggerstream, you killed another one.
>>
E10 9th Seat Eizan who is making a serious effort.

His motivation for entering the school: “because it will be lucrative.” Within a year of entering, he had made profits which topped the tuition fees paid by students that year.
[Flashback]

Eizan who had just entered the school.

Eizan: “It is because many clients are not specialists in cooking. If solved without misunderstanding that, money will come in infinitely…”
Eizan has handled over 500 cases from Tootsuki’s connections. Different fields, different conditions. He solved all perfectly. This would not be possible had Eizan not possess a sense for countless genres of tastes and cuisines.

Possessing a cunningness which drive his opponents into a corner. Even though he almost never participates in shokugeki, his entry into E10 was unanimously accepted. That is due to the vast value he had brought to the school… The “Alquimista”(alchemist)

[end flashback]

Rindou: “Eizan is really amazing”
Rindou: “If Eizan was serious in his cooking…even the other members of E10 would probably lose to him, y'know? ”

Soma: “of course I challenged him with that in mind”


Soma finishes his dish first. It goes to tasting.
Soma has an expression which showed he has no plan but which showed that he thinks he has some chance of success.
Next time: Soma’s surprising dish!
>>
File: 1443934601474.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443934601474.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
> Rindou: “Eizan is really amazing”
> Rindou: “If Eizan was serious in his cooking…even the other members of E10 would probably lose to him, y'know? ”

But he is still going to lose against Souma.
>>
>>133680679
Nothingness: The chapter part 2.

See you guys next week then. Also Azami killed everything.
>>
File: 1440374683503.jpg (17KB, 140x218px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440374683503.jpg
17KB, 140x218px
>>133680679
>Soma finishes his dish first.
>>
>>133680679
>Eizan never has been serious in a Shokugeki
>If he ever was, he would probably beat other E10 members

RIP Soma.
>>
>>133680679
>Rindou: “If Eizan was serious in his cooking…even the other members of E10 would probably lose to him, y'know? ”
Now I'm hype.
>>
>>133681014
You shouldn't be. That's the line you say to "sell" a jobber.
>>
>>133681055
The fact Souma finished his dish first is giving me a good feeling though.

I know I shouldn't but I'm sorta getting my hopes up here.
>>
>>133680679
>If Eizan was serious in his cooking…even the other members of E10 would probably lose to him, y'know?
>Eizan was actually 0 seat all along
Oh boy.
>>
>>133680679
>Eizan was E10 top class all along

Fucking jews man.
>>
>>133681152
First dish doesn't always lose. Especially in these tense/dramatic battles with unexpected turns of events.
>>
but isn't was Erina the greatest masterpiece of school, now and Eizan?
>>
>>133668596
So Rindou is the one saving the match? I guess it's better than Souma bullshitting his way through bribed judges with some AMAAAZING dish.

And yes, Rindou is very obviously some kind of chaos-aligned demon.
>>
>>133671880
Why do you HATE her if she's done almost nothing?

She's a rogue element type character with an intriguing appearance (looks like Souma/Jouichirou, not just that she's hot), talks suspiciously like the main character, is evidently extremely "powerful", and yet only plays whatever side entertains her the most.
>>
>>133681656
Fake post
>>
>>133681619
Erina has the greatest potential according to Azami and Doujima. EIzan's potential is estimated by Rindou, and she says probably. It means he' d be in the top 2 but Erina's potential is probably above him.
>>
>>133669230
It would be more reasonable if he wasn't barreling his way through characters that should be leagues better than him. He's still only a first year and still has a lot to learn.
>>
>>133680768
He hasn't been serious for a long time.
>>
>>133681709
What?
>>
>>133681800
None of the spoilers said Rindo was going to be a judge.
>>
>>133681843
Ah.

Alright then.
>>
I mean let's be realistic here. Isshiki (the true final boss) is totally gonna outbribe Eizan on those judges.
>>
File: 1417557605130.jpg (81KB, 680x680px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417557605130.jpg
81KB, 680x680px
>posts in this thread supporting niggerstream
Meanwhile this arc is total trash.

Guess it's time to leave these threads besides checking for spoilers every week.
>>
>>133680679
>soma going first
>right after eizans past and showing his prowess
Gonna get btfo, for sure.
>>
Eizen hasn't been serious about cooking for a long time. If anything the guy is totally rusty. Still calling that souma is going to win this match unless the judges doesn't play fair.
>>
>>133681964
What about Viz?
>>
>>133681934
I wouldn't mind this at all. Souma loses but Isshiki saves him somehow.
>>
>>133682034
Well the judges have no intention of playing fair. And worse than just being bribed, it turns out they are true believers in what Azami is trying to accomplish.
>>
I think this thread proves that Mangastream is not to blame about dead threads. There is no translation, and spoiler pics are out, yet the thread is still dead. This is arc is just shit.
>>
>>133668752
How the fuck is Azami popular? What do nips even like about this arc? I want to understand. It's so boring to me and I really liked this manga.
>>
>>133683085
The thread is dead because there are no Erina/Megumi shipping wars faggot. It's better like that. There are translations.
>>
>>133681964
Fuck off Vizfag, no one cares as much as you do so stop fucking posting this in every thread
>>
>>133680679
And Souma will win again with zero prep despite them trying to hype Eizan.
>>
>>133683147
>How the fuck is Azami popular?
the Japanese have strange tastes
>>
>>133683147
It has a lot of Erina's screentime.
It has a lot of drama which nips like.
It has Rindou.
Azami is a cool Aizen-like villain.
>>
>>133683147
>I'll never understand why someone likes something I don't like

Why do people make posts like this? It's like holding up an "I'm a dumbass" sign for everyone to see.
>>
>>133683737
>responding to a post by showing your total lack of reading comprehension
Why do people make posts like this? It's like holding up an "I'm a dumbass" sign for everyone to see.
>>
>>133683085
>to blame about dead threads
I can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I rarely come to these threads anymore is because they are full of people whining. That's all.
>>
>>133683845

Congrats, you can parrot what I typed. I wouldn't expect more from your pea-sized ape brain that's unable to comprehend why someone would enjoy the events/characters in a manga that you don't particularly like.
>>
>>133680679
>Rindou: “If Eizan was serious in his cooking…even the other members of E10 would probably lose to him, y'know? ”
maybe this line is not' correct, is this :
Rindou: “If Eizan was serious in his cooking…even several members of the current E10 would probably get devoured by him, y'know? ”
>>
>>133683985
It's just that there has been a very sudden drop in activity since somewhere in the begging of October, so we try to find some logical explanation. It's like everyone totally lost interest for the series all at once. It's not only here to be honest, many manga forums seems to be less active about SnS too
>>
>>133684048
I'm not sure if that would change the connotation of the sentence, but I do remember Isshiki saying Soma devoured Eizan during the Autumn Election.
>>
>>133684048
They pretty much mean the same, no? They both imply if Eizan was serious, he's actually one of the better E10s.
>>
>>133684142
And yet the series is still popular in Japan, which is the only thing that really matters, no?
>>
>>133684142
>since somewhere in the begging of October
Well, yeah, the anime ended at the end of Sept.
>>
>>133684243
Of course. But I still miss active thread where I could shitpost about waifus or husbandos
>>
>>133681733
No then it would be unreasonable. You don't turn out to be an average cook when you are trained by the best since a young age. Azami and Erina are in the Elite 10 even though they are first years when they got in and no one is bitching about that. Soma does and all of a sudden its unreasonable.
>>
Is 4chan the only place where there are so many complains about the recent events of the series? Sometime I feel it's just this one anon same fagging.
>>
File: 1445915122037.png (860KB, 891x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445915122037.png
860KB, 891x1300px
> When Eizan is serious, he isn't the worst E10 and is in fact better than several of them
> Souma came into this with no plan and zero prep time

How can Tsukuda justify Souma winning this?
>>
>>133684517
Your newfag is showing.

>>133684536
The old cliche of "I wasn't even serious!" could be pulled.

Personally, don't know how they plan on backing out of this situation. It's a mess.
>>
So where is ishikki sempai
>>
>>133683249
Nigger what? Viz sucks balls, but niggerstream is pure cancer as well. If you think they're any good, you should consider suicide.
>>
>>133684536
It's been a while since h's been serious so he wil lose because he was too rusty. Will learn from Souma's determination and become a better cook.
>>
>>133684399
The threads were active probably because there was a sizable gap between the spoilers, chink scans, and translations so people spent an entire day filling up threads with speculation and waifu wars. Now we just get the spoilers and then niggerstream immediately, get one thread for the day which then dies. Also, the anime ended.
>>
File: CR-FTXyUkAA_6x8.jpg (84KB, 599x672px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CR-FTXyUkAA_6x8.jpg
84KB, 599x672px
they need to get over this PSD shit already and move on to showing what the fuck Azami wants to do and explaining his history with Gin/Joichiro.
he was interesting until he became the stereotypical villain within 2 chapters of being introduced
>>
>>133683249
I am the "vizfag", not that guy, and I pretty much never mention viz outside of dumps. Frankly, their localization choices seriously annoy me, so I prefer Casanova overall (and I read most of the series with Casanova), but Mangastream completely sucks.
>>
>>133684405
Azami is the son of the head of the school, Erina has a special talent and has had intense training for years. No shit no one bitches. Souma, by his father's admission, isn't a naturally good cook and has only improved through lots and lots of failures/practice.
>>
>>133685509
>naturally good cook
being a naturally good cook is impossible. nobody is born with culinary abilities. there are naturally good drawers and musicians but no fucking way does it work that way for cooking
>>
>>133680679
Eizan going to lose, have a major change of heart/go soul searching, and come back and beat some major threat like 150 chapters from now.
>>
>>133667927
The final villain!
>>
>>133685591
Erina has God's tongue.

And if you can't be naturally good, Jouichirou says Souma is naturally BAD and that he fucked up a shitton before he ever got even slightly good.
>>
So Eizan is stronger than "several members of Elite Ten". But who? I guess he is stronger than Erina and Kuga for sure (Kuga seems like a weakest member of E10 at this point), maybe Nene (if we assume that Isshiki is actually better than her).
Then we have: normal Eizan < Kuga < Erina < Nene < serious Eizan < Isshiki < third-years.
>>
>>133685686
Yeah, I imagine she'll be a bigger threat than the White Knight guy in the end. Biggest tip off is that we don't know her cooking style.
>>
>>133686832
> if we assume Isshiki is actually better than her

Why are we assuming that again? And what makes you think Isshiki is not included in that "several"?
>>
>>133680679
>“If Eizan was serious in his cooking…even the other members of E10 would probably lose to him, y'know? ”

Hahaha, yeah, no.
>>
>>133686978
Because "muh mysterious apron senpai". Shokegeki no Souma is a pretty standard shonen and Isshiki is a powerful friend of MC and clearly an important character with some hidden secrets. This type of characters usually end up being broken as fuck. Urahara from Bleach is the closest analogy I can think of.
>>
>>133687032
Thats what Rindou says though. Its not like he's the one hyping himself up.
>>
>>133687032
Rindou doesn't lie. She just knows that Eizan will never put his jewishness over cooking.
>>
>>133680679
>Even though he almost never participates in shokugeki, his entry into E10 was unanimously accepted. That is due to the vast value he had brought to the school… The “Alquimista”(alchemist)

So this is the first glimpse of how one becomes part of the E10.
>>
>>133687092
>>133687110

I believe that she says it, but she's is wrong, because if it were true he would have taken the first place for maximum profits.
>>
>>133687091
There is nothing mysterious about him besides his cooking specialty which even Ibusaki knows anyways. Its only a mystery to us readers.
>>
>>133687182
He was managing in the festival, not competing with his own dish.
>>
>>133687254
I was referring to the first seat and all benefits it brings, not the festival.
>>
>>133680679
>No cooking, just dosh now Man is actually high tier in the E10
Alright Editor-kun, I'm listening.
>>
>>133687210
I don't like Isshiki either, but he is one of the darkest horses in this manga. Some people speculate that he is not only the strongest second-year, but the strongest in the whole Elite Ten.
This is just a common shonen trope, for a friend/mentor/relative/any character with direct link to MC to be the strongest or one of strongest in some sort of organization.
>>
>>133687421
It is ominous that Isshiki is nowhere to be seen in the couple of last chapters.
>>
File: 1445886484772.jpg (25KB, 284x177px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445886484772.jpg
25KB, 284x177px
>>133687421
I know that its a popular speculah especially on 2ch. Urgh, that would be so fucking terrible though.

I'll continue to block out the fear of it happening and stick to the facts we have in the manga.
>>
Best couple.
>>
>>133687725
>>133687421
I could believe he is the strongest second year but not the strongest in the elite 10. I think that is pushing a little.
>>
File: 1443808867669.jpg (72KB, 415x490px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443808867669.jpg
72KB, 415x490px
>>133687889
That doesn't look like Smoke.
>>
>>133687889
Would definitely prefer ryouko as main heroine over megumi or even erina.
>>
>Three hours to cook a high quality ubiquitous ingredient
>Soma makes dumplings
Eizan could scratch make molé in that time. This had better be good.
>>
>>133688037
Good taste.
>>
>Still no Kumabear
I'm salty. Eizan vs. serious Isshiki instead of Soma would've instantly saved this overcooked arc.
>>
>>133688037
>Would definitely prefer hot girl with no personality as main heroine over two more or less developed characters
>>
>>133688189
>Souma loses
>is about to get expelled
>Isshiki comes and challenges Eizen
>offers his own seat in exchange for revoking Souma's expulsion
>>
>want to read archive to see how people reacted to the character poll
>archive only goes as far as July
Fug.
>>
>>133688386
I'd read it, at least.
>>
>>133688447
ONE VOTE
>>
this arc is retarded
>>
>>133688204
>with no personality
She's level-headed and mature.
>>
>>133688943
Yeah. Even Meat is more interesting as a character.
>>
>>133688871
It just needs to move on
>>
Let's see.. This week is flashback, next week souma's judging, and then eizan's the week after, and then finally the resolution. Four weeks. just in time for christmas chapter
>>
>>133689320
>just 6 chapters left before three weeks break with no SnS
M-maybe threads will become lively again a-after the break
>>
>>133689545
that's about as likely as Season 2
>>
>>133688943
No, she is fucking plain.
>>
>>133688943
And boring.
>>
Only thing that can save this manga is the Valentine's arc.
>>
>>133689921
Azami took that away
>>
>>133689726
Like Erina and Megumi.
>>
>>133690054
No,Ryoko is worse,
>>
>>133689921
I just want to see Alice and Hisako making chocolate.
>>
>>133690054
>Everyone is plain and boring so my waifu should be the main character
>>
>>133671204
>http://strawpoll.me/6020945
>Nakiris in 1st and 2nd place
Disgusting.
>>
Souma - Luffy
Kurokiba - Zoro
Hayama - Sanji
Alice - Robin
Erina - Nami
Takumi - Usopp
Megumi - Chopper
Giganigga - Franky
Hisako - Brook (???)
>>
>>133690905
>Takumi - Usopp
kek
>>
>>133690905
Nikumi - Buggy
>>
So now when we know that some characters hide their powerlvels, who else you expect to be revealed as stronger than expected? I am almost sure that Rindou, not Eishi, is the strongest student. At least they really keep building hype around her.
>>
File: 1358131503595.jpg (22KB, 300x299px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1358131503595.jpg
22KB, 300x299px
why doesn't Erina just cut off her tongue so people don't use her anymore?
>>
>>133690870
Damn, Alice and Erina have some tough competition, they change places with each other constantly.
>>
>>133692798
These threads really have become dead over the weeks.
>>
maybe the problem is also the fandom
>>
>>133692311
Why don't you?
>>
>>133668317
So this is fake right
>>
>>133694512
No.
>>
>>133694593
But these
>>133680679
>>133670014
seem to match the raw page that was posted earlier ITT
>>
>>133694670
Yeah, you're right, sorry. This one >>133670014 is confirmed. I'm not sure about this one >>133668317.
>>
>>133662075
Mangastream really needs to chill out on the swear words, they don't fit the situations properly and they break any sense of immersion they were going for. Reading through some of their releases alternates between being alright and being some shitty edgelord bullcrap where fuck is put into every other sentence because muh localization.
>>
>>133694670
yeah, first one was a fake. The real one came out some time after the pics, oddly.
>>
>>133683147
The kind of father figure they approve of.
>>
>>133684536
They still haven't really shown what Souma's capabilities are after the training stuff so I'm assuming this is where we're going to get the whole "No way when did he learn to cook like that" cliche and Eizan is going to have his hair blown backward and admit defeat as recognition of Souma's cooking skill.
>>
>>133685605
yep. trying hard will get him motivated or something. he'll realize cooking is about competing with other chefs, which is what soma realized when the psd was talking about the good times they had. because of this, eizan will allow psd to remain open
>>
>>133695416
actually, >>133685605 said he would lose. eizan will win but have a change of heart
>>
So I'm filthy fucking secondary who just finished the show yesterday. Fucking loved every second. Didn't expect to enjoy a show about food so much.
Any hope for S2 or should I just start reading it?
I'm not very good with manga desu.
>>
>>133695548
Yes, there's hope for a second season but you should read the manga anyway. Anime ends at chapter 60 but you also should read chapters 39, 52.5 and 59.
>>
>>133695657
Thanks senpai, I'll try.
>>
>>133684536
Azami himself will appear to judge and overrule the expulsion even though Souma loses.
>>
Real spoilers are out. Soma is about to lose when he remembered the time he spent with Megumi and made a comeback.
>>
File: 1445964011712.jpg (105KB, 750x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445964011712.jpg
105KB, 750x720px
Before this chapter, I was ok with Souma beating Eizan as I believed he was comfortably the weakest in the E10.

Now that Tsukuda did this, Eizan cannot be allowed to lose. I know this will trigger some but the power levels will be fucked after this.

Now he can't do the cliche "The other E10s are far above Eizan heh" comment because he just pointed out that Eizan is actually better than several of them.

Fuck. I guess I'll drop this for a while once Souma wins.
>>
>>133696302
megumi confirmed one true pairing with soma

erina can be relegated to having daddy issues lusting after somas dad
>>
shokugeki threads are kill
>>
>>133695657
heard the anime sold like shit but the manga sales are pretty steadly increasing and its like always top 4 in shoumen jump
>>
>>133696379
The one who said that Eizan would be better than the rest of the elite 10 was Rindou AKA Satan

She's using "From a certain point of view" copout
>>
>>133701741
Except Soma agrees with her.

Are you implying Soma is the devil?
>>
>>133701663
Yeah, anime flopped but manga sales increased. The average ranking in the ToC is now 4.1, it's pretty good.
>>
>>133701952
One of the few times JC Staff does right and sticks to the material, and it flops? Damn.
>>
>>133701952
>>133702736
It only means that the viewers of the anime were far more interested with the manga.
>>
Chapter out in 5 minutes, guys.
>>
>>133695416
So Shinomiya Jr?
>>
>>133701844
>Except Soma agrees with her.
How can Souma know about Eizan's real powerlevel? Spoilers imply that Souma knows it, but I think this is just his typical boasting.
>>
>>133706277
Because he's perspective when it comes to cooking. He notices things when other's can't.
>>
>>133706548
So he can measure cooking powerlevel just by looking at someone? That's some useful ability.
>>
>>133706687
He defended Megumi because he recognized she had value as a cook.

He noticed Eishi's sheer confidence when he noted Eishi never asked how the meal tastes.

He was able to get answers from vague clues (Erina's tips)

And recently, he noticed Eizan didn't try hard in the sham match. Rondo now confirmed he really never tried improving his own cooking and focused more on business.

Soma knows how to critically think, a common skill most universities teach.
>>
>>133706964
He had already cooked with Megumi and defended her because the situation was unfair.

He noticed Eishi's ability after eating his dish.

How is being perceptive to clues related to perceiving other's cooking ability?

Everyone and their mothers noticed Eizan didn't put any effort.
>>
>>133707323
>Everyone and their mother noticed didn't try

That's false. Only Soma pointed that out the match was fishy.

The point is that Soma is observant when it comes to cooking at all stages of the game. This point is repeated multiple times in the series if you pay attention.

It wouldn't be hard to believe that Soma can guess what kind of chef a person is with short or long interactions.
>>
>>133687889
Their VAs are most likely fucking on the side. You just KNOW.
>>
>>133690905
>Hisako - Brook (???)
Hisako making terrible puns when
>>
>>133680679
So once Souma wins he will be among the best?
>>
>>133708968
Oh fuck I bumped a ded thread.

Sage sorry
>>
>>133706548
But he's never seen Eizan cook seriously. The only time he saw him cook was his not going to bother, effort vs wolverine guy.
>>
>>133709427
Nobody has seen Eizan cook seriously
>>
DED
>>
MS is late. -.-
>>
ded thread
ded arc
ded series
>>
Real talk now, I honestly don't mind the Civil War arc and its developments. At least there aren't endless powerlevel shitstorms like the Tournament arc and for once Megumi is on the sidelines, thank fuck. The only problem is that a lot of major developments are happening at once and it feels rushed overall.
>>
>>133712315
Some parts feel rushed as fuck like they were cut but the editor because they weren't "fun", and then some parts feel slow as fuck.
>>
>>133712210
>-.-
>>
Soma beating Eizan would have been acceptable if he was acknowledged as a shitty chef since that was what everyone expected but Rindou hyping him up just makes this whole thing look even shittier.

God damn it the quality has dropped pretty bad because of this arc. There's only like a 1% chance for Tsukuda to make this shokugeki easy to stomach.
>>
>>133712670
All signs are actually pointing to Eizan winning this one.
>>
Anyone else dissatisfied with how the previous arc ended?
What ever happened to the competition between Souma and Yugi? Did either of them even win?
>>
>>133690905
Hayama isn't a jobber.
>>
>>133712850
Were you too busy fapping to Rindou to actually read the chapter where that shit was explained?
>>
>>133712670
If Eizan doesn't win this Shokugeki i will drop this manga. No foodgasms for who knows how long, story telling that is reaching Kubo levels of asspulling, every side character became a useless no one.
There is nothing much left holding me onto this manga right now.
>>
HEIL THE GOOKS.

http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/556238
>>
>>133712999
I wish those corrupt judges would leave, they're an eyesore
Also kid Eizan was a cute, how did he end up so ugly
>>
>>133712999
I thought niggerstream was the fastest bunch out there.
>>
>>133712890
Yes.

Care to explain?
>>
>>133713198
No one's faster than the Chinese when it comes to Japanese manga, not even the Japanese.
>>
>>133714165
>chinese
>>
>>133712999
>All the characters in the mangas is more than 18 years of age
ayy lmao
>>
>>133712999
Shota Eizan is a miracle of the universe.
We need more shotas.
>>
My gods what is Eizen doing to that chicken?
>>
child Eizan was so cute but now he is become little ugly
>>
>>133688037
>>133687889
I can't believe I had brothers here.
>>
no waifus 0/10 chapter
>>
Dead thread. :(
>>
>>133712999
>chapter is full of dramatic shots of Eizan cooking
He is gonna to lose almost certainly.
>>
>>133712999
Can't wait to see that page about Eizan's chuuni title in color.
>>
mangastream is death?
>>
You said if there is no Mangatsream thread will be active again.
You lied.
>>
MS should start releasing color editions.
>>
>>133718162
Color chapters are hard to clean.
>>
>Souma is third in the TOC of this issue,

Seriously what the hell is wrong with the nips,why do they like what is happening so much?
>>
>>133718515
Because grandiose villain reveal time is always popular in battle shonens.
>>
>>133718234
I've heard they are actually easier to clean because better picture quality or something, but I don't know how true it is.
>>
MS decided to drop the manga because of how dumb Erina is
>>
>>133719456
frack off mehgoomiefag
>>
>>133718515
>Souma is 3rd
>Sesuji is 5th
Nice.
>>
>>133718162
There's one group that use Viz's translation.
>>
>>133720799
Is there a link to ALL colored chapters? I've found a few sites, but everywhere some chapters are missing.
>>
>>133720899
I don't know either, man. sorry.
>>
>>133680679
>lose flag
Eizan truly the aizen of this mango.
>>
>>133681703

because of how much she was shitposted about during her first appearances
>>
>Actual cooking
Manga saved. Get kek'd editor-sama.
>>
>>133720899
be nice is what was out there was upped to pinkgoddess
>>
>>133714330
Yes chinese, its a chinese raw provider.
>>
Erina clearly cares if the dorm is destroyed or not, so why doesn't she take on Eizan in the shokugeki. Obviously he won't be able to bribe the judges to vote against a Nakiri.
>>
>>133721700
Because she knows Eizan would destroy her in shokegeki and she is not insane like Souma to enter a battle she has no chance winning.
>>
>>133721700
She lacks the determination to stand up to her father. You should know that.
>>
>>133688490
>voted for her 6 times

If only I'd made it 8.
>>
File: 1445556789023.jpg (33KB, 404x328px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445556789023.jpg
33KB, 404x328px
If Tsukuda is planning on having Souma win this, he could have easily hyped Eizan up as a solid threat without dehyping the other E10s.

This is such a mess. The E10 have become such a joke.
>>
>>133722411
I doubt that all 6 of the pro Azami members are supporting him because they believe in his ideals, some of them could just be doing it because they might be able to solidify their positions, which shows a lack of confidence in their own skill or a fatigue from the system in place. They have nowhere to go but down, especially when them winning would kill the manga.
>>
File: Jouichirou.jpg (138KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Jouichirou.jpg
138KB, 764x1024px
So is it pretty much given that Jouichirou is the greatest chef out of all the characters in this series? Sure he only made it up to 2nd Seat, but all that time traveling the world has given him invaluable experience.
>>
File: 1446728243919.jpg (31KB, 168x521px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446728243919.jpg
31KB, 168x521px
>>133680679
> That moment you realize that the highest seated 2nd year Nene could possibly end up actually being the weakest of the 2nd years

Isshiki: That connection with Souma and the muh mysterious senpai shit
Eizan: Was hiding his power level all along and is actually better than several of the E10
Kuga: Is the Souma of the 2nd year and has become one of his friendly rivals

While Nene is miss no screen time and who has barely got to say shit since she got introduced.

This shit sucks.
>>
He is Shanks of SnS. So he is one of greatest, but not THE greatest. I think the best chef in the series is either Azami or character yet to be introduced.
>>
>>133722831
Gin was probably more talented, but Jo going out to see the world probably made him a better chef.
>>
>>133723175
What if Jo was the better chef all along but just didn't want to deal with the burden and all the responsibilities of being 1st seat?
>>
>>133723217
He still would've become a gourmand hobo that stopped to make a Soma in some village somewhere.
>>
>>133722831
I want a long flashback about Jouichirou and how he met his waifu. I would forgive Tsukuda for this arc if it happened.
>>
>>133723895
Me too, I really want a flashback arc. I also want to know how his waifu died.
>>
>>133723895
>>133724015
>long flashback
>flashback arc
Oh God please no.
>>
I think that joichiro is was expelled because he lost to a shokugeki against Azami
>>
File: 1446076098980.gif (855KB, 500x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446076098980.gif
855KB, 500x281px
>>133724178
great theory. I think you might be on to something new here
>>
>>133724178
Jouichirou was expelled because of something related to his waifu, calling it.
>>
>>133724178
He wasn't expelled. Jouichirou just dropped out because he had already learned everything he could at Tootsuki. The only one who was expelled and banished was Azami.
>>
>>133724709
>speedreaders
Azami was banished long after he had finished school.
>>
>>133724709
Azami was given the boot like 8 years later. He obviously wasn't expelled.
>>
I bet Rindou was just kidding when she said Eizen was the strongest.
>>
gin should just go fuck up azami, he had the highest exit exam score so either he or joichiro should be the best cook
>>
>>133725274
>scores mattering at all
Alice sure is the best among first years with her splendid 95 points?
>>
>>133725578
the exit exam is probably scored by the same person. alice had the shitty judges that graded on a curve
>>
>>133723217
Plus, don't forget that his weird creations made him lose shokugekis every now and then.
>>
ms is kill ;_;
>>
>>133712999
EIAZN GETTING BTFO SO HARD.
>>
>>133712999
>Those SOma's face
To add on to my last post, there is no way Eizan is going to win. Soma is straight up above him. Eizan's attempt seem rather pathetic.
>>
Official powerlevels list:
Eishi = Rindou >>> Megishima ~ Momo ~ Soumei > Isshiki >> serious Eizan > Nene > Erina > Kuga > non-trying Eizan >>> Hayama ~ Souma > Kurokiba > Alice >>>> Hisako > Takumi > Giganigga >>> shit >>> Megumi
>>
>>133727572
But what about Smoke and the other dormshits?
>>
>>133727718
Somewhere below Megumi, who the fuck cares about that fodder.
>>
File: niggastream soma.png (588KB, 881x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
niggastream soma.png
588KB, 881x1300px
Where the fuck is this week's chapter? Niggastream is late.
>>
File: soma thread.jpg (229KB, 669x798px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
soma thread.jpg
229KB, 669x798px
>>133727845
And why the fuck hasn't casanova released a new chapter in two weeks? Are they kill?
>>
>>133727815
Implying that Smoke and Glasses aren't going to become E10 next year.
>>
>>133727845
New chapter is up:

http://africanamericanstream/r/shokugeki_no_souma/144/3062/1
>>
File: confusion.jpg (37KB, 480x246px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
confusion.jpg
37KB, 480x246px
>>133727985
gr8 b8 m8
I actually tried opening it...
>>
>>133727944
>you know what's ruining these threads?
The fact that they are dead. This thread is almost two days old and barely has 300 posts in it, and a good quarters of them are bumps or obvious shitposts to keep thread alive. In better days threads would have 500+ replies in 5-6 hours and it wouldn't be forced.
>>
>>133727985
Thanks senpai.
>>
>>133724153
Anything is better than this current chapter.
>>
>>133728603
This chapter was better than a couple of previous ones. At least it has cooking and some important revelations.
>>
>>133727572
> Eishi = Rindou

Kill yourself faggot.
>>
If there is ever season 2, which moments you are hyped to see the most?
>>
>>133729947
Any scene that doesnt have megumi
>>
File: 109.png (585KB, 728x1058px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
109.png
585KB, 728x1058px
>>133729947
Definitely
>>
I just want this arc to be over, but we JUST had to have flashback. I mean, I guess this is standard shounen writing procedure, but I do agree the hype is dead.
>>
>>133730391
Hype died when it became apparent that Erina will be a useless damsel in distress in this arc.
People was very exited when Erina, Hishoko, Alice and Maddog looked like they would live in Polar Dorm since people wanted all of top-8 for a long time. But then Alice and Maddog disappeared somewhere at the background and Erina became a useless blob.
>>
>>133731018
and akira is death
>>
>>133730246
Literally the best arc.
>>
>>133731152
Actually, you would expect Hayama to challenge Eizan's for shokugeki from the name of Shiomi seminar or something. Yet we haven't seen him. Was he scared by Eizan's demonstration? Kek, I doubt it, but would be funny.
Maybe he challenged some higher elite ten member (Nene?) since he is so sure in his own abilities?
>>
>>133731413
Maybe he challenged Azami.
>>
File: 017.png (1MB, 1855x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
017.png
1MB, 1855x1300px
>>133729947
>>
>>133731555
>gets absolutely crashed
>but catches Azami's attention
>becomes part of Central in exchange for Jun staying in academy
>replaces Kuga as part of new Elite Ten
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 32


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.