[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best fight from a mecha anime? Don't be retards now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: evangelion[1].jpg (266KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
evangelion[1].jpg
266KB, 2560x1600px
Best fight from a mecha anime? Don't be retards now
>>
>don't be retards now

You first OP.
>>
The one with the gouf custom.
>>
>>133642275
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKqs1JLDbp4
>>
File: berserkeva.png (155KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
berserkeva.png
155KB, 720x480px
>>133640844
pic related
>>
Unit-02 against these guys. I might have my fair share of complaints towards NGE as a whole, but it does have some amazing fights.
>>
>>133644330
>>133645255
>the only mecha anime i've seen are ttgl and nge
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ogJDVcmBCM
>>
>>133645327
So are you implying that Unit-02 vs. MP Evas wasn't a great fight? Because it was.

It's ok if you wanna be a contrarian to impress your friends on /a/ but don't be a faggot about it.

Also the Gundam fight vs Gouf Custom.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0vCY3I5yxo
>>
>>133645530
>anyone who criticizes me is just a contrarian
fuck off kid come back when you've actually watched some mecha

scratch that don't come back and don't reply to me you underage faggot
>>
ITT plebs who have never seen a real mecha battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4kEuNfbTWc
>>
>>133645720
>anyone who disagrees with me is an underage faggot
i see you are fitting in, anon.
>>
Girge's last stand in the Break Blade anime.
Some of the fights in CG S1, especially Karen vs Suzaku.
Many of the Fafner Heaven and Earth + Exodus fights, like Mark Sein and Nicht vs Roadrunner swarm.
Nu Gundam vs Sazabi in CCA.
Byarlant Custom vs Zeek scum in Unicorn.
Many of the NGE fights, specially toiler paper angel vs EVA-01.
I can't choose one of these honestly, they're all dear to me.
>>
unit-02 vs zeruel
>>
File: End of Evangelion.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
End of Evangelion.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>133642465
>open video
>"Gouf Troop"
>are you fucking kiding me
>video is elder god tier

goddammit /a/...

>>133645327
The second Asuka got her shit together until she died were pure gold. Not saying it le best fight ever but it was pretty good.

>>133645559
>AI O TOMENAIDE
>HASHIRI TSUZUKERU NO
>>
Any battle from 0080
A couple moments from Eureka 7
Asuka vs Mass Produced Eva
Any major battle from Gurren Lagann
Nu Gundam vs Sazabi
>>
As much as I like Eva and its fights, of all the particularly notable ones I can think of.

Shiro versus Norris from 08th is better.
Uraki versus Gato from 0083 is better
Kamille versus Sirocco
Char versus Amuro at the end of MSG is better.
Char versus Amuro at the end of CCA is better.
>>
File: google.gif (740KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
google.gif
740KB, 400x293px
From the little mecha experience I have, I'd say Stoner Sunshine from Getter Robo armageddon.
>>
Domon vs Master Asia final battle
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 666x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 666x326px
http://youtu.be/8Myh07ybceU

Hyped, first pilot on pilot, nice animation.
>>
>>133640844
Maybe not the best fight ever, but it sure was the best one to come out of SRW:
https://youtu.be/ujygm-qujQE
>>
File: 1445213107509.jpg (166KB, 644x600px) Image search: [Google]
1445213107509.jpg
166KB, 644x600px
I'll be a pleb and say Char vs. Amuro CCA.

What goes into judging a good mecha battle? The quality of animation, the writing? What else?
>>
>>133640844
>>>/m/
>>
>>133648657
>Getter Robo Armageddon
I'm seven episodes in and pretty bored. Does it get any better?
>>
>>133650967
Not really. Apparently the directer left and took everything with them so its a complete mess.
The last episode or two are pretty good though.
>>
>>133650967
Shit only starts getting good once Ryoma comes back.
>>
>>133650967
Imagawa's three episodes were the setup to an excellent sci-fi horror thriller, but that petered out due to his leaving.

The middle is the weakest part, but Armageddon really picks up at the rebirth of the Getter team fight. And the Records of Nothingness final fight is really good.
>>
>>133648208
This amazing sense of weight is completely gone from the Rebuilds.
>>
How do I get into Getter? I tried reading the manga, but the background is confusing as to who created Getter, so I fucked off and read Mazinger and Devilman instead.
>>
>>133651171
But muh CG and 360° tracking shots.
>>
>>133651197
>but the background is confusing as to who created Getter
????
It's pretty fucking straightforward, Saotome created the original for space travel, G as an upgrade and Shin as an unintended cosmic horror
Hayato just picked up with Go and Arc

You're really doing yourself a disservice by not reading the manga, the original two parts are some of the craziest and most uninhibited children's comics ever written and Go is a spectacular sci-fi military drama.
>>
>>133651171
To be fair, it's not in all of NGE. The Dance Like You Want To Win fight in particular is evidence of this.
That said, the series best fights were when the pilots didn't seem like well trained acrobatic gods, but rather like barely trained kids winning by sheer force and brutally beating the shit out of their opponents. The angels are rather like this too in many cases.
>>
>>133651350
Oh, you mean the series itself. Ishikawa did almost all of the work, Nagai just pitched a few ideas. Nagai was co-credited as Ishikawa's ideas, and in fact Ishikawa ghost-drew a lot of Nagai's work. Like, say, Gakuen Taikutsu Otoko
>>
>>133651197
Getter Robo was constructed by saotame labs by managing to harness Getter Rays as a means of energy.

The order you should be reading in is:

Getter Robo -> Getter Robo G -> Getter Robo Go -> Shin Getter Robo -> Getter Robo Arc

Arc is unfinished because Ishikawa died.
>>
>>133651435
Yeah, that's what I was confused about, which made me confused where I should start.
>>
>>133651350
>Shin as an unintended cosmic horror
Shin wasn't the cosmic horror though. That would be the sentient will of life and evolution that got stuck in it.
>>
File: getter robo.jpg (2MB, 1521x1512px) Image search: [Google]
getter robo.jpg
2MB, 1521x1512px
>>133651519
Everything you need to know.
>>
>>133652232
Shin Getter Robo and Getter Energy are pretty much the same thing, Shin Getter just lets you look at how fucked up it is.
>>
>>133652456
The point was any Getter machine could technically do that. The Dragon would likely have become the Emperor had they not used it to juice up Shin.
>>
captain Earth had pretty well animated fights although the series overall was lackluster
>>
>>133651350
>the original two parts are some of the craziest and most uninhibited children's comics ever written
They aren't that crazy or notable
>>
>>133640844
I don't watch mecha a lot so I'm not an expert, but this is my favorite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hEjVKlU_o8
>>
There was some episode in the second season of sidonia that was awesome. Dont remember which one but ended with the mc driving inside de monster with the spearrocket thing.

Yes, my memory sucks
>>
>>133654590
The battle in Earth against the purple kid was also great, a shame MJP doesn't get more credit or a second season
>>
God Gundam vs Master Gundam in the Battle Royale finale.
>>
>EVA
>good mech fights
Shiggidy diggidy doo wap.
>>
Why is Mecha so awful?
>>
>>133655551
Because robots are for boys with ego problems and were bullied at school.
>>
>>133640844
NGE had the best mecha fights imo, hands down.
>>
>>133655938
Yeah, I especially loved the mech fight where they did absolutely nothing the whole episode while Shinji has a wet dream about the girls in his life.
>>
>>133655938
Except Eva isn't a mecha.
>>
>>133656721
That guys definitely being obnoxious but NGE has some kick ass fights when there are fights.
>>
>>133656834
Quacks like a duck
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.