[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

best chapter yet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: 002.jpg (225KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
002.jpg
225KB, 900x1300px
How does A feel about Seven Deadly Sins?
>>
>A
>>
Powerlevels were a mistake.
>>
Not necessarily best, but good chapter.
I hope we soon get all sins together.
>>
It's an average shounen series. Somewhat entertaining to read but hardly anything special.
>>
>>133398757
This.
I can't believe there are people who will defend powelevels.
>>
Arthurian Dragonball
>>
>>133398757
>>133399032
why are powerlevels bad
>>
>>133399074
It's a crutch. Need the reader to understand how bad this new threat is? Throw out a big number and see everyone's reaction face.
>>
>>133399074
it makes for shitty fights
>>
>>133399120
but nakaba said that people's powerlevels vary and that they're an estimate of raw power at best
>>133399131
why
>>
>>133399074
It makes for nonsensical bullshit. The difference in power shown between a 40k+ Galan compared with a 50k Escanor was much more than what a measly 25% increase in powerlevel indicated.
>>
>>133399192
>but nakaba said

So he's said, but in practice it's simply been: Guy A has X powerlevel. Guy B has >X powerlevel. Guy A loses for pretty much every fight.
>>
Looked like it had some potential but it's kinda boring now. Powerlevels certainly didn't help.
>>
>>133399192
If you have to state right off the bat this doesn't factor in all sorts of stuff why bother making it? Not to mention Spirit is a pointless stat.
>>
>>133399259
Quite some bullshit you spotted.
Fraudrin was defeated by guts who were weaker than him and even Ban hold his ground against Galan while he himself was defeated by opponents with lower power levels.
>>
>>133398757
They've always been a mistake, the best I've ever seen it done was Shaman King and even that could have done with out it.
>>
>>133399251
Keep in mind that there is also a huge difference between 2000 (Gilthunder) and 3000 (Meliodas pre-powerup) in terms of power levels.
>>
>>133399390
Ban got wrecked by Galan. The one thing that supersedes powerlevels in this series is the special powers of each knight, but all that does is make them even more pointless.
>>
>>133399314
I dunno, maybe to hammer home the point that a character can be stronger and more powerful but still get rekt by better uses of weaker powers
>>133399259
you're right, I have no rebuttal but the belief that nakaba will change that eventually
>>133399251
what if the powerlevels don't work like dragonball, what if 50,000 is to 40,000 as 10,000 is to 0?
>>133399120
but he then goes on to show just how powerful the character is by having them wreck shit up
I don't see how that's different than a character saying "wow he seems really strong" and then doing the same thing
>>
>>133399489
All it means is Nakaba has a shit sense of scale. >>133399526
>what if the powerlevels don't work like dragonball, what if 50,000 is to 40,000 as 10,000 is to 0?
Then what's the fucking point of assigning numerical values?
>>
>>133399519
>Ban got wrecked by Galan
No he wasn't. He got defeated by Myracella.
>but all that does is make them even more pointless.
Are you talking about special powers or power levels?
>>
>>133399563
>whats the point
I dunno, because he wanted to?
why do you care so much about these numbers that apparently mean so little
>>
>>133399697
>No he wasn't. He got defeated by Myracella.
He didn't do much damage and his ability overloaded his body soon enough. He accomplished nothing.

>Are you talking about special powers or power levels?
I'm saying special powers break the powerlevels (hence why I said "pretty much every fight"), but in doing so makes the power levels even more pointless.

>>133399752
Because they're mentioned quite often, there's a fucking scouter for them, and they've boiled the current plot to "oh shit these guys have really big numbers, we need to train to make out numbers higher and recruit that guy with the crazy high numbers".
>>
>>133399314
> Not to mention Spirit is a pointless stat.
Spirit influences mental powers.
If your spirit is low you are basically Gowthers bitch.
>>
It's a fun manga and I really enjoy it, but it's not ground breaking no.
As for the powerlevel thing - I wouldn't mind if it was written more cleverly, but as it stands it's kind of pointless in my opinion. It doesn't really add much for me.
>>
>>133399752
They aren't gonna ruin the story for me but if the story is gonna keep mentioning these power levels at least flesh them out. Shit Negima was able to make more sense in a joke about power levels.
>>
>>133399833
>oh shit, these guys have really big muscles, we need to train to make our muscles bigger and recruit that guy with the crazy big muscles
I don't see the problem
>>
>>133399913
Because you're a huge apologist? Like >>133399889 says, it's not like they RUIN the manga, but they're annoying, add nothing of value and aren't even executed in any kind of original fashion.
>>
>>133399913
It introduces an unneeded metric, the manga went about 100 chapters without needing to tell me exactly how strong everyone is but now I've got someone on the sideline constantly crunching the numbers so my dim mind can keep up.
>>
>>133399833
> but in doing so makes the power levels even more pointless.
Then why did you say the one with lower power level will loose every fight when power levels are meaningless?
>>
>>133400606
Because unless a broken bullshit ability comes into play, which has happened exactly once with the new Shota/Loli knights, the rule holds true.
>>
>>133400729
Ban lost against Janko and Gerhard who showed not even one special power. She just played smart.
> broken bullshit ability
We saw many powers that seemed to be op only to see its limits later.
>>
>>133400973
You do realize that using hostages isn't fighting per se? Of course the power levels don't apply if it's not characters, you know, fighting each other. Either way, my point stands, because in almost every fight since the powerlevels were introduced, they've been paramount. So there's 2 options now:

1) Fight happens, higher number wins. Boring. Most common.
2) Fight happens, higher number beaten by bullshit ability. Numbers pointless. Very rare.
Regardless of which, there's no advantage whatsoever to introducing the numbers.

And Fraudrin losing was just a huge bit of jobbing anyway. How does that skill even affect a demon?
>>
>>133401157
> You do realize that using hostages isn't fighting per se?
It wasn't really hostage using.
She parented attacking Elaine until Ban let his guard down and put himself in a exploitable position.
>bullshit ability
Why do you even read shounen?
Most powers established are pretty cool.
> there's no advantage whatsoever to introducing the numbers.
I agree with that.
Right now I only have something against people who bitch about power levels in every NnT thread all the time as if this is the only thing that matters in the story anymore.
>>
>>133401546
>She parented attacking Elaine until Ban let his guard down and put himself in a exploitable position.
She attacked Elaine forcing Ban to let himself get stabbed. That's it.

>>133401546
>Most powers established are pretty cool.
They are a bit too exploitable mostly, but this love brainwashing thing is pure bollocks. Especially since it works on the demon with so much willpower he could resist Gowther's brainwashing.

>Right now I only have something against people who bitch about power levels in every NnT
The only reason extended bitching happens is because there's always someone arguing back trying to justify them.
Just don't, they're shit and we can all agree on it, so why argue? Most people aren't even saying the story is ruined or anything.
>>
>>133398757
>it sells like a hot cakes
>mistake

topkek newfags
>>
>>133401772
?
>>
>>133401772
Oh, I can make stupid arguments with sales too
>Volume 17 is already selling 100k less copies than volume 16 by the third week.
>>
>>133401647
> She attacked Elaine forcing Ban to let himself get stabbed. That's it.
It's a legit way to win and all Bans power level and special ability couldn't help him.
>They are a bit too exploitable
Dynamic powers that you can use differently if you are clever are the best powers.
>Especially since it works on the demon with so much willpower he could resist Gowther's brainwashing.
Those were different situations.
For example Gowther could use his power on Galan making him believe he killed everyone.
Also love drive needs a mage making direct contacts and even then it doesn't seem to be automatically success.
> Most people aren't even saying the story is ruined or anything.
Actually yes they do.
>What do you think about NnT
>It was good until the introduced power levels. Then it went to shit
I heard this shit too often.
>>
>>133402661
>It's a legit way to win
But not a legit way to fight. No shit if you hold a hostage your power can't help you, it's a way to avoid confrontation.
>Dynamic powers that you can use differently if you are clever are the best powers
Bullshit brainwashing powers that work when they shouldn't arent.
>For example Gowther could use his power on Galan making him believe he killed everyone.
Galan doesn't have maxed Willpower stat like Dreyfuss does, and Dreyfuss / Fraudrin resisted Gowther's brainwashing but somehow fall in love with some shitty brat because.
>Actually yes they do.
MOST don't. Sure, some people feel it ruined it for them, but so what? That's their opinion. You certainly gain nothing by defending powerlevels to contest their shitty opinion.
>>
At the end of the day, NnT is battle shounen, with all its perks and faults. Suzuki didn't set out to revolutionize the genre, he just makes the Arthurian fantasy tale he always wanted in the demographic tier he likes best, so of course there'll be the standard tropes. The numbers are there for kids and retards to obsess over, because they love that shit. The story functions without them though, so not much of a problem, unless you feel embarrassed about being reminded that you might enjoy something that kids also like. Fuck, it also has nice tits and ass now and again, so he remembers to throw a bone to his older audience as well.
>>
>>133402818
>No shit if you hold a hostage your power can't help you, it's a way to avoid confrontation.
It's not like Ban gave up the fight for sake of letting Elaine go or something like that.
SShe name him loose his head for a second and then entangled him with the vines.
If powers beat all he surely could get out of that situation.
> that work when they shouldn't arent.
Who are you who judge which power works and which not?
Nakaba didn't forget Drefuß' willpower.
>>
>>133402818
I still think that Fraudin faked up his defeat just to find the base of the Pleiades
>>
>>133403241
Maybe the last part against small Twigo.
Love drive and that shota debuff most have worked since we followed Fraudrins thoughts. Otherwise Nakaba cheats with the narration.
>>
File: weg nanatsu.jpg (173KB, 1008x432px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
weg nanatsu.jpg
173KB, 1008x432px
>>133399310
Fucking this.
>hey check out this story about people fighting in armors, only nobody relevant stays in their armor ever
>main characters end up becoming one-dimensional caricatures of themselves
>straight up powerlevels

When I began reading this I was hyped as fuck, I read up to chapter 110 I think and, by the time I got all those cool new enemies introduced, looking so mysterious in their armor, I felt so numb that I dropped it instead.

Seriously, this is my main gripe with this series, NOBODY WEARS A FUCKING ARMOR, EVERYONE IS DOING DEEBEEZEE IN THEIR NORMAL CLOTHES, FUCK
>>
>>133403465
>One dimensional characters

But none of the characters are one-dimensional. They all have their own goals, and their own sense of right from wrong.

It's the stupid power level bullshit that made many roll their eyes because of it's existence.

We spent an entire few chapters without it, which were the best in a while, but with Mel and Escanor stomping Galan, apparently we had to be "enlightened" to how strong they were in comparison to Galan. Which was unnecessary with the stomping they gave him.
>>
>>133404285
The power levels are easy enough to ignore. Just assume that a magic based society as this has developed a sense of gauging the rough power they're facing. The numbers don't even need to make (much) sense to us, as long as they make sense to the characters and they react accordingly. It's just another source of information those characters use to survive. There you have an in story reason for measured powerlevels. And if the scaling vexes you, just assume the measuring is nonlinear.
>>
>>133404680
What kind of bullshit is this? You can say the exact same for DBZ.
>>
>>133405100
Yes you can.
Why aren't you doing it?
>>
>>133405100
Yes. Problem?
>>
>>133399251
It's pretty reasonable, actually. You know. If you consider that physical durability doesn't factor into power levels, only physical ability.
>>
>>133399120
It's not really much of a crutch, is it? If you're having such a hard time understanding how raw stats are separated from equipment, powers, or physical states.
>>
>>133405308
>newfag tier maymay
Fuck off back to 9gag
>>
>>133406827
Didn't even know it was one, but good to have you around to browse all the shit sites, so we know.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.