[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How has Dragon Ball Super been so far? better or worse than GT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

How has Dragon Ball Super been so far?
better or worse than GT?
>>
The Beerus adaption epsiodes were terrrible, but everything else is good.
>>
Adult Videl design is garbage
>>
>GT
>the Goku and Vegeta show guest starring Trunks and Pan
>Super
>the Goku and Vegeta show guest starring Gohan and Goten and Mr. Satan.
Super so far remembers more characters, and Beerus wasn't a glorified Buu/Cell clone.
>>
It's better simply cuz it doesn't have the BS Saga.
>>
is anyone else bothered by how quickly majinn buu joined the jobber squad
>>
>>133392244
he's a child who loves dogs and became good because of the DBZ equivalent of hulk hogan

don't ask stupid questions like this
>>
I dropped partway through the BoG adaptation. Are they on original content yet?
>>
>>133392314
Well considering that Ultimate Gohan>SS3 Goku>SS2 Vegeta>Fat Buu, it makes sense that by the time of Super where it's Goku>Vegeta>Gohan, that fat Buu would be a jobber.
>>
>>133392393
his existence just seems so much more pointless than even yamchas at this point
>>
>>133392511
>>133392511
You're right, but that applies to anyone at this point not named Goku or Vegeta
>>
>>133391692
Can I point out that in a year or less Gohan went from being as muscled as his dad to scrawny as fuck?
I don't think Muscle Atrophy works THAT fast.
>>
>>133392703
which wouldn't be anywhere as much an issue if the continuation of dbz was solely these movies (and rof wasn't just a holding pattern for super) instead of a serialized medium where you have narrative room for other characters.
>>
>>133392830
100% agree with you, and that's been the issue with Dragon from Cell onward. Compare the fights between Raditz, Nappa and Vegeta up until the Freiza fight against that of the fights between Cell and Buu. Super continues this trend to the point where every character got KO'd in one hit so that we could have 5 episodes of Goku going one on one with Beerus
>>
Easily better, but it's going into that Frieza movie's story.

So it'll get to GT levels of rehashing, maybe even GT levels of quality soon enough
>>
>>133391692
Why the motherfucking fuck is Krillen so much fucking shorter now?
>>
>>133391692
A boring and drawn out version of the movies + some filler
>>
>>133392158
>and Beerus wasn't a glorified Buu/Cell clone.
This, I'm glad Toriyama is moving away from the shitty regeneration gimmick.
>>
>>133391692
The re-telling of BoG took too long, they really could have gotten away with making it only 5 or so episodes long but it went for about 10-12. Other than that it's been decent so far and the RoF re-telling looks from the pre-view at the end of the latest episode to be much faster progressing (if you count this episode as the start of that arc then after only 2 episodes we will have reached the part where Frieza is resurrected, trains and arrives at Earth already, much better).
>>
Have you seen this fan made short?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM20wwzl4Ds
>>
>>133391692
They seem to be ditching Trunks x Mai so better than GT but worse than the movies. The filler has some good moments, though.
>>
>>133392099
This.

I mean, I don't mind the pink sweater, but she needs to lose the headband and... I don't know, roll up her sleeves.

It's one thing to soften a bit the edges of her teenager self, but Videl isn't a super girly fairy ballerina either.

If it wasn't because of episode 17 showing Videl BTFO Chi-Chi and standing her ground I would have consider her a different character.
>>
>>133391692
Better because it is canon. Same reason Brotherhood is better than 2003 FMA.
>>
>>133394294
That was bretty cool. Cell was looking kinda ugly and the whole fight was all weird looking, but still cool.

dat Vegeta though

loved goku eating like a pig
>>
>>133395092

Ehhhh that's not fair. 2003 FMA had to deal with answering questions that had very complicated answers, and do so in a way that felt like it belonged to the world. Seeing how the manga played out after the show tried to bring closure really showed how outrageous they got with their versions of things. The manga/Brotherhood is better because the author had a plan for these things, and seeing how everything played out was more satisfying as a result.

GT didn't really have the same scenario. There weren't really any loose ends they tried to tie up, instead forged new stories in the world and lore Akira created, a bit different. Really, it's the same thing Super is doing, it's just new stories created by the original author.

I wrote a lot just to say your analogy isn't really a good one.
>>
>>133392393
>SS2 Vegeta > Fat Buu
What?
>>
Story has been better,

Animation has been worse.
>>
>>133395093
I could not stop laughing once I saw him holding his armor.
>>
Worse...much worse
Anyone who watched past the first episode of this abortion should kill themselves
>>
>>133392099
>>133395049
I'm glad I'm not the only person that noticed this. Videl was one of my favorite characters in the Buu saga. She was a spunky girl that kicked ass, and took the initiative herself. Now she's just some submissive housewife. Complete 180 characterization.

Also while we're on this note, how much time has passed since the Buu saga? Videl and Gohan seem older, but Trunks and Goten seem the sage age. If it happens right or soon after like I think it does, wouldn't that mean Gohan and Videl are still in high school?
>>
It's pretty fucking shitty but I've never watched GT
>>
>>133403028
That's one of the things Toei (or Toriyama) fucked up.

In BoG they at least had the movie like three years after the Buu arc.

Now in Super, they have the BoG arc at apparently 6 months after the Buu arc.

This means Pan, Uub and Bra would be older than in the epilogue selves?
>>
>>133391692

So many small things see off tom me in Super, so I have yet to bother watching it beyond a few clips.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.