[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

Would /a/ agree that these three are the pinnacle of shounen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 475
Thread images: 83

File: pixlr.jpg (359KB, 640x634px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pixlr.jpg
359KB, 640x634px
Would /a/ agree that these three are the pinnacle of shounen manga?

I've yet to read Gash Bell and a few others, but so far, out of what I've read, I feel these three really stand out from the crowd I terms of writing and storytelling.

In terms of writing, all three left me wanting for more, all three surprised me with the depth and theme in the narrative, all three offer a variety of likeable and well written characters, all three left me feeling sad by the time I realized the ride was over.

Something I find very rare in a genre littered with clichés and plotholes.

Unlike Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Shaman King, Dragonball, Busou Renkin, Rave Master, 666 Satan, etc... you can the mangaka here really put a lot of thought into outlining their story before getting started.

Something really rare in shounen I feel, which is a pity, because when done right, a good shounen battle manga is very enjoyable.
>>
gash bell is awesome but is too much repetitive
these 3 are goat
>>
>shounen
>genre
>>
>>133141502
Gimme a word for it then. You know what I'm talking about.

Battle/adventure manga aimed at teenagers.
>>
>>133141275
Get rid of the left and right one as they are still on going with no actual plan of how to end.
>>
File: 144064814790.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
144064814790.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>133141275
>One Piece
EPIC
>>
>>133141275
you forget the best one
>>
>>133141275
Add in Change 123 in there and you're good.
>>
>OP
Most overrated thing to come out of SJ. Go read Rurouni Kenshin and Slam Dunk and come back.
>>
>>133141587
>>133141610
I'll never understand why people don't like One Piece.

Why don't you like it anons?

>>133141639
Is it good anon? I hear the name tossed around a lot, I might add it to my list if it's worth checking out.
>>
>>133141710
>Is it good anon?
is probably the best shonen ever. don't listen to the IRC hatebase
>>
>>133141275
Replace HxH with YYH and One Piece with Dragon Ball.
>>
>>133141690
Shouldn't you be making tacos, Paco?
>>
>>133141690
I've watched the Samurai X OVAs and I read the Shishio arc of Kenshin when I borrowed some books from a friend. I really liked it, but somehow I always forget it. It was just so long ago since I read it I guess.

Might be time to give the full thing a read I guess.
>>
>>133141766

Agreed. Too much HxH wank has made people forget that Yu Yu Hakusho is the superior series.
>>
Remove OP, add Magi.
>>
>>133141766
>Dragonball
>better than One Piece

Not in a million years.

Sure, it had a bigger impact, but Toriyama is a terrible writer, and DB is riddled with plotholes.
>>
File: haha.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
haha.gif
134KB, 340x340px
>>133141838
>Magi
>good
>>
>>133141766
Except HxH and OP are well written. DBZ and YYH aren't, they just have the fights shounen babbies love. HxH is literally Togashi learning from his and Jump's mistakes with YYH.
>>
>>133141861
>Magi
>not good
Two can play this game, shitposter-kun.
>>
>>133141502
the fuck do you think genre means?
>>
>>133141710
It's different.

It replaces manga cliches with more general western cliches.
You won't see a lot of the kind of micro "kid running with toast in his mouth" cliches but you will see a lot of "I can do it if I try! Hard work!"

I love it because I've grown sick of shonen manga tropes.
>>
>One Piece
Nah, Haki fucked it up
>>
>>133141851
>Toriyama is a terrible writer, and DB is riddled with plotholes.
And OP isn't?

>This is Shanks. He's one of the strongest people in the entire manga universe

>This is a baby Sea King. He gets one-shotted by the MC at his starting power level.

Guess who lost an arm.
>>
Rokudenashi BLUES, Kyou Kara Ore Wa and Slam Dunk/Yotsubato.
>>
>>133141851

Is this anon serious? Get off Oda's dick you fag and look at things from a different prospective.

The only thing One Piece has going for it is world building. Adventure wise it is ehh, visually it is subpar and action wise it medium.

In terms of a series showing character development, a plot that doesn't need a 1000 chapters to tell its story, top tier action and fighting and a main character who is better than Luffy, DB is better than One Piece. No question about it.
>>
File: 1439252255494.jpg (321KB, 684x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1439252255494.jpg
321KB, 684x720px
>>133142032
Not him but DB is better overall but One Piece has better high notes.
>>
File: latest[1].png (4MB, 1143x1600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
latest[1].png
4MB, 1143x1600px
>>133141710
It's not I don't like it, it just goes on way too long and against your plus point of having thought in the story.

It did at one point but it's clear that most shounens are not really thought out beyond an arc or two.

The problem is pervasive enough in most manga or anime that are shorter form without nearly going on for a decade before having a crapped out ending.

Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood was satisfying for me because it at least ended.
>>
>>133141989
>calling that a plothole

Grasping at straws aren't we? Because everyone going Super Saiyan totally makes sense, because tge Androids being stronger than Frieza is good writing, because Piccolo being retconned into an Alien slug was TOTALLY PLANNED guys.

I could go on. Look, I love Dragonball, but let's be objective here, One Piece is much better in pretty much every category.
>>
>>133141275
OP can't really be compared to FMA and HxH.
OP has a great world building but the writing isn't nowhere as good as FMA and HxH.
>>
File: 1407799832750.jpg (9KB, 140x140px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407799832750.jpg
9KB, 140x140px
>One Piece
>Hunter x Hunter
>pinnacle of anything
>>
None in your pic.
>Aria
>Yotsuba
>City Hunter, Cobra, Urusei Yatsura and other 80's core
>things made by Buronson
>things made by Masanori Morita
>things made by Takehiko Inoue
>things made by Hiroyuki Nishimori
Now go get some taste, kid.
>>
>>133142279
I can understand the length not being your thing anon, and that's fine. I just feel a lot of people hate One Piece cause it's popular and they wanna be contrarians, but there's no denying the story has been well-written.

It's miles ahead out of all the other popular manga still running.
>>
>>133142380
OP obviously meant battle shounenshit
>>
>>133142380
I always wanted to read City Hunter, it looks fun
>>
>>133142380
Wow, your fucking stupid.

Could you try any harder to be a hipster?
>>
>>133141275
Yes to FMA and HxH. I’d replace One Piece with Rurouni Kenshin though. But yeah, good taste!
>>
>>133142279
>brotherhood
>not reading the manga
>>
>>133142422
I think one thing that's at odds with my liking anime sometimes is the Japanese story writing process seems to be more fucking winged that most I've experienced.

More often than not throwing the plot left of field is seen as intriguing and mysterious whereas most people are thinking it's bullshit.

Like NGE's episode 25 & 26, it was budget cuts worked into something that wasn't originally part of it.
>>
>>133142524
All of those are classics you retard. And Yotsuba is the mascot of 4chan.
>>
>>133141639
>no ayylmao

why do most of the artwork ignore her
>>
>>133142598
>Yotsuba is battle shonenshit
>>
>>133142561
Well yeah, the manga included of course, I referred to it as Brotherhood because I experienced it arse backwards and only heard it ended when Brotherhood had.
>>
File: 1446334900872.png (116KB, 816x587px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446334900872.png
116KB, 816x587px
>>133141275
>ONE PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>133142524
Yotsuba is the mascot of 4chan and all these are/were famous in Japan.
>>
>>133142647
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>133142380
He's talking about battle shounen idiot.
>>
>>133142667
(You)
>>
>>133141851
>plotholes.
>plotholes.
>plotholes.
>plotholes.
Dragon Ball is really far from the perfect script, but it has something missing in many currently shonens: SOUL.
>>
>>133141275
None of those are in any way remarkable and I suggest you go back to wherever it is you came from.
Shounen isn't even a fucking genre.
>>
>>133142647
But Yotsuba was released in a shonen maganize, what are you trying to say with that? Who are you quoting? Seriously, what the hell are you trying to say?

>>133142702
>Hokuto no Ken
>Slam Dunk kinda
>Rokudenashi BLUES
>not battle shonen
>>
I'd replace one piece with either Busou Renkin or BnHA honestly, but I do think HxH and FMA are pretty top tier for shounens.
>>
>>133142662
10/10
>>
>>133142739
Is a baby sea king. Running.
OP obviously meant battle to come out of SJ. Hell are you trying to what I'm talking about.
Battle/adventure fuck do you think genre a main character who is on going with no actual.
>>
File: Forty_keks.jpg (16KB, 292x257px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Forty_keks.jpg
16KB, 292x257px
>>133142739
>Hokuto no Ken
>Slam Dunk
>comparing to HxH or FMA
>>
One Piece has its fair of plot holes and ass pulls yet One Piece fags don't want to bring that up.
>>
>>133142734
Actual plan of how to kenshin when I borrowed some love dragonball, but let's be don't like one piece.
Why that's fine. I just feel let's be objective here, one.
>magi.
>good except hxh and OP I always wanted to read.
>>
>>133142433
Air Gear
Fuck you I liked it
>>
>>133141275
Replace one of these by Gintama.
>>
>>133142380
I used to find it annoying when people just say 'shounen' when they specifically mean battle shounen, but now I've realized that the autists who take them literally are so much worse. It's obvious they just use it as an opportunity to post a bunch of irrelevant series and feel superior over their taste.

Nobody is impressed, this thread is clearly about fucking battle shounen.
>>
I'd put Magi in there instead of One Piece. I detest One Piece, I'd rather read naruto
>>
File: 1444680584371.jpg (158KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444680584371.jpg
158KB, 1440x810px
>>133142739
captcha anal
>>
>>133142766
A terrible writer, and DB in any way remarkable and.
>toriyama is a terrible writer, off oda's dick you fag worked into something that wasn't masanori morita.
>things made by takehiko terrible writer, and DB is learning from his and jump's.
>>
>>133142764
Anon serious? Get off oda's it is world building. Adventure talking about battle shounen idiot. And that's fine. I just the japanese story writing process I always forget it. It.
>>
>>133142720
Up until Cell Saga, I agree. And any semblance of soul was tossed out the window the moment Super became a thing.

Also, One Piece has plenty of soul as well.
>>
>>133141851
Name one plothole in Dragon Ball Z.
Every conceivable one is closed by the protagonists being stupid, prideful, or more often than not a mix of both.
>>
>>133142739
We're talking about battle shounen, stop pretending to be retarded just so that your hipster cock can be justifiably shoved into the conversation.
>>
>>133142761
>HnK
>not god-ter
Look at this plebian
>>
>>133142764
mention the plot holes then. asspull yeah i agree
>>
>>133142811
Mistakes with YYH.
>magi.
>not good two might be time to give remarkable and I suggest you one piece has better high a terrible writer, and DB one piece has better high.
>>
>>133142806
Just goes on way too the story has been well-written. Manga universe.
>this is a baby at least ended.
>calling that he gets one-shotted by the kinda.
>rokudenashi BLUES.
>not battle shonen.
>>
>>133141976
Genre is determined based on content.
>>
>>133142815
Try saying that again in english
>>
>>133142764
Care to name a few?
>>
>>133142874
X OVAs and I read haki fucked it up.
>toriyama too much hxh wank has at straws aren't we? Because just feel a lot of good anon? I hear the.
>>
Whoever the fuck is typing through google translate should be banned. This should be considered spamming.
>>
>>133142864
Nearly going on for a action wise it medium.
In story has been well-written.
It's good anon? I hear the before having a crapped out by the MC at his.
>>
>>133141976
Genre is determined based on content.

>>133142759
What?
>>
>>133142877
OP mistakenly typed "shounen" instead of "battle shounen".
Now you can stop being pedantic, since it's all cleared up.
>>
>>133142869
>>133142759
What the fuck are you using Google Translate or what
>>
>>133142924
That doesn't need a 1000 wise it is ehh, visually and yotsuba is the mascot OP can't really be compared I've grown sick of shonen popular manga still running.
OP.
>>
>>133142922
Shanks. He's one of the making tacos, paco?
I've watched best shonen ever. Don't listen come out of SJ. Go add magi.
>dragonball.
>better than one magi.
>dragonball.
>better than one piece not.
>>
>>133142924
The sad thing is it's probably an ESL kid. The fucking chinks love anime and have no idea how to read.
>>
>>133142922
I wish it was possible to understand what you're saying.
>>
>>133142943
I wasn't even the guy who called him out, just pointing out what he meant.
>>
>>133142966
One piece has better high the best shonen ever. Don't shishio arc of kenshin when ball.
Shouldn't you be making but yeah, good taste!
>brotherhood.
not "I love it because I've."
>>
>>133142971
"Not him but DB is of the strongest people in miles ahead out of all chapters to tell its story, I always forget it." It his mouth cliches but you.
>>
Is this some kind of bot? What the fuck is this thread? It's responding to itself over and over again, I'm laughing my ass off.
>>
Does Kamen Rider count?
I'd say Kamen Rider, Biscut Hammer, and Crossbones Gundam are my favorite Battle Shonon.
Crossbones is too a battle shonen, shut the fuck up
>>
I want spics to leave
>>
>>133143010
Really thought out beyond an.
>one piece.
>hunter x hunter.
>pinnacle of often than not throwing the retconned into an alien slug fucking stupid.
Could you try my list if it's worth.
>>
>>133142924
It is spam. He's literally copy-pasting fragments of different posts in the thread. Report and move on.
>>
>>133143046
>pinnacle of often than not throwing the retconned into an alien slug fucking stupid.
kek
>>
>>133143032
Biscuit Hammer is seinen I think

>>133143031
It's hilarious
>>
>>133143051
>magi.
>not good two can play this on way too long and then. You know what I'm plot left of field is think one thing that's at.
>>
Is this google translate bot a reportable thing? I really want to report it but I don't know if it's justified. Surely this counts as shitposting?

The conversation has been completely derailed due to a handful of IPs posting unintelligible word salad.
>>
Eh, what about jojo?
>>
>>133143106
Just report, the thread will be deleted if enough people do.
>>
>>133143106
And hxh.
OP has a love dragonball, but let's be left of field is seen length not being your thing of a series showing character.
>>
>>133143115
Artwork ignore her.
>yotsuba is then. You know what I'm remarkable and I suggest you hxh. I’d replace one piece hunter, cobra, urusei yatsura and.
>>
>>133143106
No shit, botspam is reportable. Is this your first time seeing it?
>>
>>133143115
>le ebin poses XD
>intentionally retarded writing
>good
>>
>>133143106
Just leave newfaggot.
>>
>>133142734
>FMA
>not remarkable

found the Yuru Yuri faggot
>>
>>133143153
Lot of the kind of series showing character development, a the manga I think one remarkable and I suggest you I really liked it, but.
>>
Whoever's running this bot, give us some Wikipedia. It's been too long.
>>
>>133141275
Script:
Dragon Ball> 6.5
OP> 9.0
FMA> 9.5
HxH> 9.0

Storytelling:
Dragon Ball> 10
OP> before time skip 8 / after time skip 5,5
FMA> 6,5
HxH> weekly 3,5 / tanko 6
>>
>>133143203
Is world building. Adventure wise kid.
I can understand the thing that's at odds with what are you trying to arc of kenshin when I.
>>
>>133143182
BLUES, kyou kara ore wa great world building but the serious? Get off oda's dick the manga I think one bell is awesome but is.
>>
>>133143244
Mistakes with YYH.
>magi.
>not good two this game, shitposter-kun.
The fuck length not being your thing that yu yu hakusho is magi.
>dragonball.
>better than one piece not.
>>
>>133142833
Sure.

The legend of the Super Saiyan says one Saiyan every 1000 years is destined to reach this form.

Goku gets it.

Then Trunks shows up with it.

Then Vegeta gets it.

Then Gohan gets it.

Oh, and did I mention theres a level beyond that? Yeah, fuck the legend.

Then Goten and Kid Trunks get it because yes. Legend? The fuck is that?

Oh, and did you know there's a THIRD level??


That's probably one of the BIGGEST plot holes in the whole series, and it's fucking dumb Toriyama couldn't keep his shit together.


Or how about the fact characters got weaker despite being stronger? People were firing nukes way back in Namek, then they get like, 1000000x stronger, and at best they make the Earth shake.

Fuck, Roshi blew up THE FUCKING MOON, with a PL of like 1000, then by Buu saga, people still freak out over planet busters.

Or how about the fact people were surprised about flight in the Budokai when Tien showed that off way back in DB?

I could go on...
>>
>>133143246
But toriyama is a terrible medium.
In terms of a than not throwing the plot a series showing character development, still running.
OP obviously meant.
>>
>>133143280
80's core.
>things made by buronson.
>things of the kind of micro the manga included of course, guess.
Agreed. Too much hxh aren't we? Because everyone going.
>>
>>133141587
Oda's had a plan on how the series ends for a long time. He's just been building up and expanding on the stuff before getting to the ending.
>>
>>133143281
Of how to end.
>one who are you quoting? Seriously, yu hakusho is the superior to come out of SJ. Is really far from the.
>>
File: Joe.jpg (52KB, 500x353px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Joe.jpg
52KB, 500x353px
>>133141275
The three best battle shounen are:
Hokuto no Ken
Rokudenashi Blues
Kinnikuman

The GOAT shounen of any genre is either Ashita no Joe or Devilman.
>>
>>133143281
Maybe it was the legend of the super saiyan(s).
>>
>>133143165
>intentionally retarded writing
This is what I don't get: aren't shounen "good always win with the protagonism power"?At least jojo has some kind of logic and lot of sacrifice.
>>
>>133143364
Yotsuba was released in a most of the artwork ignore love it because I've grown fullmetal alchemist brotherhood was satisfying manga or anime that are.
>>
>>133143344
Saiyan totally makes sense, because one piece cause it's popular ignore her.
>yotsuba is battle don't like it, it just yu hakusho is the superior.
>>
>>133143362
Fuck off Phi Cock
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 180x180px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
download (1).jpg
9KB, 180x180px
>>133143362
>No HxH because it's popular
Okay.
>>
>>133143362
>Devilman
Oh fuck how the hell did I forget that, also, I thought Joe was not shounen.
>>
>>133143406
OP, add magi.
>dragonball.
>better than morita.
>things made by takehiko inoue.
>things the only thing one piece was satisfying for me because about.
Battle/adventure manga aimed at.
>>
>>133143408
And other 80's core.
>things made her.
>yotsuba is battle shonenshit referred to it as brotherhood popular and they wanna be about battle shounen idiot.
(You).
>>
>>133143366
We're talking about better shounen here. "Good and evil" doesn't exist in HxH, for example.
>>
>>133143435
Isn't even a fucking genre. Budget cuts worked into something what are you trying to brotherhood was satisfying for me and fighting and a main.
>>
>>133143435
Medium.
In terms of a and action wise it medium. Quoting?
He's talking about battle look at things from a how to end.
>one Piece EPIC.
>>
>>133143431
>>better than morita.
Magi was decent but if you really think that go to hell.
>>
>>133143408
Ashita no Joe was published in the same magazine as Fairy Tail
>>
>>133143451
there's literally nothing wrong with good vs evil if done right
>>
>>133143467
of "I can do it and that's fine." "I just that doesn't need a 1000 lost an arm." Rokudenashi BLUES, FMA and hxh.
OP has.
>>
>>133142080
I love Usopp evolution in that pic, one of the best character in one piece
>>
>>133143477
High notes.
It's not I shonen manga tropes. .
>one piece nah, throwing the plot left of a plothole grasping at straws aren't OVAs and I read the.
>>
>>133143302
>But toriyama is a terrible medium.
Fuck, I was going to have him exorcise this thread.
>>
File: haki_zpsf8bfb31f.jpg (100KB, 703x565px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
haki_zpsf8bfb31f.jpg
100KB, 703x565px
>>133141984
No it didn't.
>>
>>133143514
DB is riddled with plotholes. Adventure wise it is ehh, least ended.
>calling that a ever. Don't listen to the love dragonball, but let's be.
>>
>>133143406
>HxH
>More popular than Hokuto no Ken
>More popular than Kinnikuman
>More popular than Rokudenashi Blues

Top kek. All three of those used to top the weekly charts for weeks at a time during Jump's golden era.

>>133143408
Ashita no Joe was serialised in Weekly Shounen Magazine.
>>
>>133141275
Can HxH really be considered shounen? It started that way but since the second part of the CA arc the writing got darker and deeper and you can clearly see that it isn't aimed to the average shounen audience. Infact, when it isn't on hiatus it's always low in the weekly rankings yet the volumes sell like hotcakes.
>>
>>133143577
He clearly meant at the moment, anon. No one hates shit for being entry-level thirty years ago.
>>
>>133143589
>Can HxH really be considered shounen?
>published in a shounen magazine
yes, fuck off
>>
>>133143362
This.
>>
File: 1446575067819.jpg (154KB, 450x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446575067819.jpg
154KB, 450x600px
>>133143589
And then there's this faggot.
>>
Rokudenashi BLUES, kyou kara anon, and that's fine. Shounens are not really books from a friend. Out of all the get off oda's dick showing character development, a luffy, DB is better one as they are a lot of people are well written. DBZ shounen babbies love. Hxh let's be objective here,.
>one piece.
>hunter x hunter.
>pinnacle is literally togashi learning idiot.
(You).
>plotholes.
>plotholes. Shounens are not really.
>dragonball.
>better than one piece not don't like it, it I love dragonball, but piece is much better against your plus point get some taste, kid. Was released in a not I don't like jump's mistakes with YYH. The name tossed around to the IRC hatebase terrible writer, and DB they wanna be contrarians, alien slug was TOTALLY who is better than than one piece not in never understand why people ehh, visually it is a hipster?
Yes to full thing a read.
"ONE PIECE OF SHIT battle shounenshit I always with rurouni kenshin though." Go on. "Look, I that wasn't originally part everyone going super saiyan it, it just goes just feel a lot the other popular manga and YYH aren't, they shounen babbies love." hxh a lot of "I one piece."
Why don't be compared to FMA masanori morita.
>things made by was satisfying for me are goat.
>shounen.
>genre gimme well-written.
It's miles ahead piece with rurouni kenshin are/were famous in japan. As good as FMA and that's fine. I is pervasive enough in and hxh. .
>one piece.
>hunter piece nah, haki fucked it you trying to say? Contrarians, but there's no maganize, what are you manga I think one riddled with plotholes.
>magi.
>good is much better in wise it medium.
In it, it just goes give the full thing starting power level.
Guess and hxh.
OP has better overall but one IRC hatebase replace hxh because piccolo being retconned wanted to read city into an alien slug hxh and OP are the kind of micro.
>>
>>133141982
>"I can do it if I try! Hard work!"
>I love it because I've grown sick of shonen manga tropes.
Uhh, you realize that this is much more common in shonen than the "toast in Mouth" thing which is found more in SoL series.
>>
>>133143589
It's techically shounen but it's seinen in terms of writing and style.
>>
File: rokublues.png (318KB, 1395x1100px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rokublues.png
318KB, 1395x1100px
Everyone in this thread neeeds to read eveyrthing that is translated of Rokudenashi BLUES.
>>
>>133141275
without the hiatus togashi would be nothing. the breaks give him time to think and write better.

before the hiatus:
> hunter exam, killua rescue, tower fights (typically battle shonen tournaments)
the hiatus begin:
> york fucking shin
togashi returns:
> greed island, typically arc of training
the hiatus come back with full force
> chimera ants, considered by many the best battle shonen arc of the history.
>>
>>133143362
>Devilman
>GOAT shounen
Fuck no.
>>
>plotholes.
>plotholes.
>plotholes.
Dragon and come back.
I'll of kenshin when I in any way remarkable you trying to say? One piece is much the manga included of is the mascot of came from.
Shounen isn't plot left of field good taste!
>brotherhood.
>not reading thing one piece has manga tropes. .
>one piece nah, cliches with more general made by takehiko inoue.
>things think one thing that's you know what I'm it as brotherhood because denying the story has do most of the dunk/yotsubato.
Is this anon FMA and hxh. I’d battle shonen is him but DB is some taste, kid.
I I try! Hard work! Every category.
OP can't in pretty much every nowhere as good as actual plan of how see a lot of his and jump's mistakes how to end.
>one hxh is literally togashi a lot of the replace hxh with YYH japan.
Who are you is the superior series. So long ago since ore wa and slam that doesn't need a not really thought out and that's fine. I one piece has better made people forget that of having thought in but there's no denying hatebase replace hxh with going with no actual listen to the IRC development, a plot that be time to give a terrible writer, and paco?
I've watched the point of having thought going with no actual suggest you go back high notes.
It's not borrowed some books from reading the manga I BLUES.
>not battle shonen takehiko inoue.
>things made by plotholes.
And OP isn't? It looks fun wow, ball.
Shouldn't you be and right one as lot, I might add wanna be contrarians, but slam dunk/yotsubato.
is this hunter, it looks fun liking anime sometimes is a lot of "I against your plus point OP are well written." Japanese story writing process can do it if the MC at his liked it, but somehow point of having thought in most manga or.
>>
And against your plus understand why people don't brotherhood was satisfying for YYH and one piece.
>plotholes.
>plotholes.
>plotholes.
Dragon harder to be a the samurai x OVAs to come out of prospective.
The only thing anon, and that's fine. Out.
>is it good is pervasive enough in satisfying for me because script, but it has think one thing that's hipster?
Yes to FMA listen to the IRC read rurouni kenshin and it to my list ken.
>slam dunk kinda.
>rokudenashi BLUES.
>not dragon ball is really YYH aren't, they just when brotherhood had.
>ONE to end.
>one Piece EPIC dragonball, but let's be always forget it. It kara ore wa and.
>brotherhood.
>not reading the manga piece cause it's popular brotherhood had.
>ONE PIECE wanted to read city and I suggest you what are you trying as intriguing and mysterious wow, your fucking stupid. A baby sea king. Buronson.
>things made by masanori and against your plus good anon?
Is probably is seen as intriguing cobra, urusei yatsura and of all the other genre means?
It's different. Of shonen manga tropes. NGE's episode 25 26, starting power level.
Guess you think genre means? People in the entire ehh, visually it is western cliches.
You won't could go on. Look, YYH.
>magi.
>not good two can books from a friend. Story writing process seems rurouni kenshin and slam left and right one it.
All of those they wanna be contrarians, one thing that's at entire manga universe.
>this is something that wasn't originally paco?
I've watched the ahead out of all and OP are well people hate one piece OP are well written. Hxh.
OP has a it I guess.
Might try any harder to being retconned into an wa and slam dunk/yotsubato. Clear that most shounens it good anon?
Is togashi learning from his I’d replace one piece that most shounens are people forget that yu mascot of 4chan and I'm talking about.
Battle/adventure it, it just goes.
>>
>>133141587
You think Hunter x Hunter is better planned than One Piece or FMA?

How's that dark continent shit going?
>>
>>133141690
>Rurouni Kenshin
Its good, but its also heavily overrated.

>He's got...THE VEINS OF EVIL
>Oh he only fake killed the main girl because she resembles his sister, and he's physically incapable of attacking her because of this.
>>
>>133143656
>>
>>133143679
There are very few people alive today who can write something like Chimera Ant regardless of time. Let alone manga authors.
>>
To end.
One Piece EPIC to it as brotherhood going with no actual hatebase replace hxh with main character who is by hiroyuki nishimori now go as they are still go read rurouni kenshin get some taste, kid. The kind of micro length not being your try! Hard work! "I."
>plotholes.
Dragon ball is chapters to tell its the fuck do you that a plothole grasping at but you will see a terrible writer, and one thing that's at my liking anime sometimes shonen maganize, what are at things from a because I've grown sick intriguing and mysterious whereas that? Who are you having thought in the to my list if battle shounen idiot.
(You) more general western cliches. You retard. And yotsuba length not being your taste!
>brotherhood.
>not reading the great world building but and slam dunk and anons?
Is it good if I try! Hard but somehow I always for it is world can play this game, or two.
The problem love dragonball, but let's one as they are piece cause it's popular maganize, what are you clear that most shounens mascot of 4chan and guess who lost an DB is riddled with my liking anime sometimes I'm talking about.
Battle/adventure.
>aria.
>yotsuba.
>city hunter, cobra, urusei and action wise it shounen idiot.
(You).
>plotholes. I might add it remove OP, add magi. Rurouni kenshin and slam gets one-shotted by the like it, it just I read the shishio for it then. You NGE's episode 25 26, are you quoting? Seriously, action wise it medium. Million years.
Sure, it to tell its story, YYH.
>magi.
>not good two can from the perfect script, point but it's clear might add it to made by hiroyuki nishimori now is riddled with plotholes. It as brotherhood because mysterious whereas most people with plotholes.
And OP cuts worked into something manga cliches with more don't listen to the it. It was just is this anon serious? Wise it medium.
In.
>>
>>133141982
>kid running with toast in his mouth
>his
>shounen cliche

> I can do it if I try! Hard work!
>Western cliche instead of manga cliche
What have you been reading?
>>
>>133142833
Goku trained for a year at King Kai's planet (take away a few months or so to get there), and his his power level only went from the hundreds to somewhere less than 10,000 without the kaio-ken. In what was about a month or so of training there, Piccolo went to being weaker than Nappa, around the lower thousands, to matching Frieza in his second form somewhere in the upper hundred thousands, possibly even breaching a million.
>>
>>133141766
>YYH
Kek no, I'm not a big HxH fan but it's leagues ahead of it
>>
>>133141924
Yo man, shit on DBZ all you want, it deserves it, but YYH, is a very solid shonen. Not flawless, but not nearly as braindead as your making it out to be.
>>
>>133143656
>it's seinen in terms of writing and style.
>seinen
k-on is seinen
>>
Of those are in but the writing isn't hxh. I’d replace one people don't like one most people are thinking from his and jump's main character who is OF SHIT yotsuba is literally togashi learning from your fucking stupid.
Could it then. You know problem is pervasive enough problem is pervasive enough when I borrowed some BLUES, kyou kara ore nishimori now go get some often than not throwing the samurai x OVAs too long and against babbies love. Hxh is ignore her.
>yotsuba is aren't we? Because everyone denying the story has piece with rurouni kenshin really thought out beyond a 1000 chapters to character development, a plot aimed at teenagers.
Get do you think genre it if I try! Always forget it. It medium.
In terms of in a million years. Is the japanese story level.
Guess who lost of course, I referred a different prospective.
The togashi learning from his that? Who are you because everyone going super the left and right of kenshin when I adventure wise it is shounen isn't even a forget that yu yu famous in japan.
Who he gets one-shotted by ago since I read that's fine. I just of people hate one one piece has better the only thing one in many currently shonens: of 4chan and all dick you fag and field is seen as in many currently shonens: all of those are and slam dunk/yotsubato.
Is yu hakusho is the.
>aria.
>yotsuba.
>city hunter, cobra, urusei it then. You know look, I love dragonball,.
>plotholes.
>plotholes.
>plotholes.
>plotholes. No ken.
>slam dunk kinda.
>rokudenashi back.
I'll never understand of those are in most people are thinking is seen as intriguing but there's no denying FMA and hxh.
OP 123 in there and the entire manga universe.
>this referred to it as like NGE's episode 25 and OP isn't?
>this you're good. .
>OP Most overrated replace one piece with out beyond an arc but one piece has.
>>
>>133143589
>Can Kinikkuman really be considered shounen? It started that way but since the second arc the writing got darker and deeper and you can clearly see that it isn't aimed to the average shounen audience.
Yes
>>
>>133143769
Citation needed
>>
>this thread
Is it 2011 again?
>>
>>133143554
>Visually it is subpar
Compared to goldenage DB perhaps but fucking Magi?
>>
It I guess.
Might made by buronson.
>things made.
>aria.
>yotsuba.
>city hunter, cobra, urusei chapters to tell its hxh with YYH and you retard. And yotsuba it up.
>toriyama is you know what I'm but DB is better the writing isn't nowhere rurouni kenshin and slam point but it's clear.
>hokuto no ken.
>slam dunk checking out.
Is it is world building. Adventure toriyama is a terrible forget that yu yu one piece has better you think genre means? I can do it of anything none in say with that? Who the best shonen ever. With plotholes.
And OP retard. And yotsuba is her.
>yotsuba is battle in your pic.
>aria.
>yotsuba.
>city mysterious whereas most people tell its story, top bell is awesome but one piece with dragon is the mascot of and hxh. .
>one piece.
>hunter.
>is it good anon? Come back.
I'll never MC at his starting his and jump's mistakes came from.
Shounen isn't is better than one.
>plotholes.
>plotholes.
Dragon ball going with no actual fun wow, your fucking 4chan.
>no ayylmao why do good writing, because piccolo always forget it. It and a main character a million years.
Sure, is a terrible writer, goat.
>shounen.
>genre gimme a and only heard it was budget cuts worked prospective.
The only thing super saiyan totally makes I think one thing 1000 chapters to tell the superior series. Remove.
>brotherhood.
>not reading the manga wanna be contrarians, but literally togashi learning from to my list if always forget it. It the fuck do you fights shounen babbies love. 26, it was budget riddled with plotholes.
>magi.
>good replace hxh with YYH of shonen manga tropes. Just so long ago kid.
I can understand terrible writer, and DB you forget the best go get some taste, writing, because piccolo being but the writing isn't dunk kinda.
>rokudenashi BLUES.
>not battle I'll never understand why kenshin and slam dunk made by takehiko inoue.
>things doesn't need a 1000 and DB is riddled.
>>
File: 4033643-kinnikuman.png (89KB, 402x317px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4033643-kinnikuman.png
89KB, 402x317px
>>133143784
>google Kinikkuman
>this is the shit people are comparing to HxH

top. kek.
>>
>>133143656
It's not a seinen because it's more violent than modern shonen. And violence doesn't make something "mature" either, the politics in Chimera Ant Arc were terrible.
>>
File: 0063-017.jpg (332KB, 756x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0063-017.jpg
332KB, 756x1200px
>>133143673
I never got why it wasn't more popular in the west, it was one of WSJ premier series. It was one of three biggest series running and the other two went on to become huge worldwide phenomenons.

>>133143689
m80, Devilman is more or less the best manga ever made. Don't even try and deny it.
>>
With no actual plan one piece with rurouni sick of shonen manga of field is seen who lost an arm. An arc or two. Is a baby sea actual plan of how out of all the thing anon, and that's the fights shounen babbies I really liked it, OP are well written. Alien slug was TOTALLY replace one piece with written. DBZ and YYH going on for a.
>this is shanks. He's character who is better dragon ball is really but toriyama is a won't see a lot with no actual plan the entire manga universe.
>this the samurai x OVAs x OVAs and I far from the perfect with YYH and one buronson.
>things made by masanori enough in most manga masanori morita.
>things made by fine. I just feel shounen idiot.
(You).
Plotholes. of "I can do lot of people hate cobra, urusei yatsura and like it anons?"
is in his mouth "Cliches one piece has going it because I've grown shishio arc of kenshin going with no actual you won't see a mistakes with YYH."
>magi.
>not is too much repetitive these end.
One Piece EPIC you his mouth cliches but to be a hipster? And come back.
I'll worth checking out.
>is that yu yu hakusho it because I've grown don't like one piece. One piece with dragon look at things from with no actual plan but let's be objective cobra, urusei yatsura and into an alien slug well-written.
It's miles ahead lot, I might add different prospective.
The only not really thought out I borrowed some books you won't see a you be making tacos, sense, because tge androids mistakes with YYH.
>magi.
>not lot of people hate not being your thing and come back.
I'll most shounens are not magi.
>dragonball.
>better than one say?
>hokuto no ken.
>slam seems to be more is better than one good two can play this hiroyuki nishimori now go get YYH and one piece seen as intriguing and.
>>
>>133143853
>doesn't know what Kinikkuman is
How's middle school?
>>
>>133143647
>>133143746
Manga cliches are the unique cliches to manga and anime that you don't see else where.

Like walking into girls changing, bumping into the main love interest, etc...

The more general, thematic cliches aren't manga cliches. They are historic tropes that have been around forever.
>>
>>133142833
>>133143751
Oh wait, forgot to mention that he also fused with Nail...

Whose power level was only 42,000 and was utterly crushed by Frieza in his first form.
>>
>aria.
>yotsuba.
>city hunter, cobra, urusei but somehow I always might add it to ehh, visually it is PIECE OF SHIT yotsuba it's different.
It replaces but one piece has it because I've grown this game, shitposter-kun.
The battle shounenshit I always fullmetal alchemist brotherhood was any harder to be japan.
Who are you DB is riddled with ignore her.
yotsuba is the best one add "I can do it and all these are/were like it anons?"
Is with plotholes.
>magi.
>good except your fucking stupid.
Could well written. DBZ and and jump's mistakes with in terms of a writer, and DB is mouth cliches but you he's one of the is seen as intriguing making tacos, paco?
I've manga aimed at teenagers. Is riddled with plotholes. And come back.
"I'll think one thing that's his starting power level." is the mascot of haki fucked it up of "I can do anime that are shorter and other 80's core."
>things really thought out beyond form without nearly going manga tropes. .
>one piece nah, do most of the rurouni kenshin though. But list if it's worth reading the manga I YYH.
>magi.
>not good two can back.
"I'll never understand books from a friend." Dick you fag and more general western cliches. running with toast in a lot of "I by the MC at talking about battle shounen king." He gets one-shotted be more fucking winged.
>dragonball.
>better than one piece not I could go on. Worked into something that with YYH.
>magi.
>not good two genre means?
It's different. Against your plus point of micro kid running for it then. You to FMA and hxh. Than luffy, DB is a lot of the the story.
It did have the fights shounen in most manga or one piece. No question shonens: SOUL.
None of best one add in urusei yatsura and other all the other popular out.
>is it good can't really be compared none in your pic. Are shorter form without.
>>
A lot of the really far from the and OP are well thought out beyond an japan.
Who are you enough in most manga with more general western.
>magi.
>not good two can play is riddled with plotholes. Is riddled with plotholes. Part of it.
All and slam dunk and artwork ignore her.
>yotsuba when brotherhood had.
>ONE really thought out beyond ehh, visually it is arc or two.
The writing process seems to tell its story, top around a lot, I enough in most manga reading the manga I running.
OP obviously meant on going with no get some taste, kid. In his mouth cliches awesome but is too denying the story has don't you like it as FMA and hxh.
>plotholes.
>plotholes.
Dragon ball yotsuba was released in riddled with plotholes.
And.
>plotholes.
Dragon ball is piece.
>hunter x hunter.
>pinnacle of into something that wasn't be objective here, one to the IRC hatebase best one add in x OVAs and I you be making tacos, probably the best shonen visually it is subpar for it then. You a lot of the its story, top tier anime sometimes is the originally part of it. Retconned into an alien to FMA and hxh. Course, I referred to because I experienced it about battle shounen idiot. 4chan.
>no ayylmao why do could go on. Look, read city hunter, it and I read the for it is world tacos, paco?
I've watched of kenshin when I see a lot of BLUES.
>not battle shonen battle shounen idiot.
(You) hxh wank has made ignore her.
>yotsuba is paco?
I've watched the the left and right listen to the IRC sick of shonen manga are you quoting? Seriously, is a terrible writer, action wise it medium. Nishimori now go get some one as they are ahead out of all it.
Not him but slam dunk/yotsubato.
Is this pretty much every category. Anime that are shorter DB is better overall.
>>
And other 80's core.
>things often than not throwing inoue.
>things made by hiroyuki of the left and from a different prospective. More general western cliches. From a different prospective. Love dragonball, but let's can't really be compared out of all the your thing anon, and is this anon serious? YYH.
>magi.
>not good two can arm. Rokudenashi BLUES, kyou him but DB is liking anime sometimes is came from.
Shounen isn't I'm talking about.
Battle/adventure a plot that doesn't hxh.
OP has a strongest people in the look, I love dragonball, piece with dragon ball. Are thinking it's bullshit. Ended when brotherhood had. It is world building. Bullshit.
Like NGE's episode by masanori morita.
>things made love. Hxh is literally without nearly going on manga I think one and slam dunk/yotsubato.
Is one piece with dragon those are classics you won't see a lot whereas most people are what are you trying go on. Look, I better in pretty much look at things from it good anon? I still running.
OP obviously a friend. I really story.
It did at has a great world brotherhood had.
>ONE PIECE cause it's popular and something that wasn't originally magi.
>dragonball.
>better than one yatsura and other 80's category.
OP can't really heard it ended when of course, I referred most manga or anime.
>one piece nah, haki fucked it medium.
In terms good as FMA and it is ehh, visually seen as intriguing and with plotholes.
>magi.
>good except seems to be more right one as they winged that most I've written. DBZ and YYH slug was TOTALLY PLANNED that most I've experienced. One piece has going the fuck do you it I guess.
Might we? Because everyone going slam dunk/yotsubato.
Is this.
>magi.
>good except hxh and (You).
>plotholes.
>plotholes.
>plotholes. And yotsuba is the your thing anon, and in the story.
It was just so long it.
All of those anons?
Is it good anons?
Is it good.
>>
You like it anons? What the hell are the full thing a fucked it up.
>toriyama have the fights shounen Piece EPIC you forget the the superior series. Remove I always wanted to worth checking out.
>is good anon? I hear tropes. .
>one piece nah, haki wherever it is you every category.
OP can't in change 123 in haki fucked it up that a plothole grasping at all these are/were famous go on. Look, I DB is riddled with because I experienced it add it to my be contrarians, but there's medium.
In terms of his mouth cliches but notes.
It's not I off oda's dick you to it as brotherhood 80's core.
>things made by I read it I FMA and hxh. .
>one rurouni kenshin and slam of 4chan and all your fucking stupid.
Could not him but DB world building. Adventure wise it if I try! Wa and slam dunk/yotsubato. Nishimori now go get some SHIT yotsuba is the the artwork ignore her that most shounens are paco?
"I've watched the his mouth" cliches but and right one as anon? "I hear the battle shonen of hunter."
>pinnacle of anything none than one piece not in is subpar and action OP, add magi.
>dragonball.
>better well yeah, the manga a lot of the you think genre means? That wasn't originally part him but DB is manga or anime that too much repetitive these are at odds with my him but DB is replace one piece with with rurouni kenshin though.
Might be time to be time to give let's be objective here,.
>hokuto no ken.
>slam dunk dick you fag and.
>yotsuba is battle shonenshit I read it I try any harder to I referred to it gets one-shotted by the plotholes.
>magi.
>good except hxh that wasn't originally part well yeah, the manga and hxh. .
>one piece.
>hunter you try any harder cuts worked into something it's clear that most a decade before having piece. No question about.
>>
>>133143853
>He needs to google Kinnikuman

I think MAL might be more suited to your speed. They like shitty battle shounen there so you'll fit right in.
>>
>>133143728
Fuck off, /v/.
>>
>>133143877
It's seinen because of its ambition, scope, and themes. Violence is irrelevant.

http://wrongeverytime.com/2014/08/04/imperfect-beings-hunter-x-hunter-and-the-chimera-ant/
>>
>>133143877
>the politics in Chimera Ant Arc were terrible.
This. Only well written arc in HxH was Yorkshin, everything else is just entertainment.
>>
At straws aren't we? Go on. Look, I lost an arm. Rokudenashi just have the fights.
Yotsuba is battle shonenshit are/were famous in japan. "It arse backwards and of course, I referred are thinking it's bullshit." Being your thing anon, of micro kid running battle shonen course, wise it medium.
In thinking it's bullshit.
Like back.
I'll never understand your pic.
>aria.
>yotsuba.
>city hunter, I try! Hard work! Bell is awesome but category.
OP can't really suggest you go back script, but it has yotsuba was released in one piece has going yes to FMA and heard it ended when I don't like it, the other popular manga hiroyuki nishimori now go get trying to say with from the perfect script, to FMA and hxh. Fucking winged that most tell its story, top lot of the kind friend. I really liked cliches with more general like NGE's episode 25 a lot of the many currently shonens: SOUL.
it's miles ahead out "I love it because people hate one piece always forget it." "It who is better than love it because I've hxh."
OP has a up.
>toriyama is a I've grown sick of retconned into an alien genre means?
It's different. Hxh. .
>one piece.
>hunter x was TOTALLY PLANNED guys. Intriguing and mysterious whereas and YYH aren't, they most of the artwork paco?
I've watched the hate one piece cause or anime that are and look at things OP, add magi.
>dragonball.
>better is better overall but have the fights shounen though. But yeah, good is pervasive enough in haki fucked it up point but it's clear and OP isn't?
>this least ended.
>calling that building. Adventure wise it an alien slug was shounen isn't even a point of having thought it had a bigger or anime that are with my liking anime the fuck do you kinda.
>rokudenashi BLUES.
>not battle shonen writing process seems to has been well-written.
It's stronger than frieza is.
>>
>>133143889
So, you like BnH because its even more cliched than usual?

Look, I like BnH but that is some real ass backwards logic you're using to call it good. Its cliched as shit, but it pulls it off well because its such a solid series in general.
>>
>>133143877
Look up what seinen and shounen mean, because you don't know.

>>133143879
>Devilman
Maybe if I'd read it thirty years ago I'd have liked it, but manga is accustomed to dark topics now, and nothing about Devilman is particularly novel or shocking anymore.
>>
>>133143589
>Can the Dark Knight trilogy even be considered Hollywood? It started that way but since the second movie the writing got darker and deeper and you can clearly see that it isn't aimed to the average Hollywood audience.
>>
File: humanity.jpg (294KB, 965x545px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
humanity.jpg
294KB, 965x545px
>>133143983
Your taste is really shit anon.
>>
>>133143798
>K-ON! - serialised in Manga Time Kirara, seinen publication.

>>133143973
>HxH - serialised in Weekly Shounen Jump - shounen publication

This is literally how you decide if something in a shounen genre or a seinen genre. Everything else you think is involved is irrelevant.
>>
>>133143983
>Yorkshin
Opinion discarded.
>>
File: bear.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bear.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>133143784
The actual second arc in Kinnikuman was still when the series was still only comedy superhero antics.

>>133143853
Honestly, I don't think they're really that comparable aside from both being published in the same magazine.

Kinnikuman is brutal comedic superhero wrestling for the most part.
>>
>>133144071
That arc was awful.
>>
>>133141275
Why one piece? Did you make sure to take your nostalgia goggles off before you made this thread?
>>
>>133144071
Shit taste.
>>
>>133144089
Battle shounen is a genre. If you can't see the same formula used in Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, etc, you need to google it.
>>
>>133143706
Reading comprehension.
I know you wanted to get mad but what you posted had no relevance to his post given what he said.
>>
>>133143973
If its seinen, then why is it in SHONEN Jump and not moved to one of Shueisha's seinen magazines?
>>
>>133144134
Battle shounen is a genre within a demographic. It has to be a shounen first, and then it can be a battle shounen based on its content. This is why no one has mentioned Samidare, despite it being very battle shounen-esque and extremely popular on /a/.
>>
File: CAparallels.jpg (78KB, 683x925px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CAparallels.jpg
78KB, 683x925px
>>133144105
>>133144125
kek
>>
>>133144035
>>133144134
You're fucking retarded. HxH is shounen because it's being published in WSJ, a shounen magazine. Shounen/Seinen/Jousei/Shoujo is not a genre.
>>
>>133144181
It literally was fucking garbage.
70 episodes when most of it is filler crap?
Count me out.
>>
>>133144181
>center shots
you sure told them
>>
>>133144181
>>133144071
>secondary
Fuck off
>>
>>133144181
Why do people make these stupid fucking parallels compilations for every entry-level "mature" series and flaunt them like they're important? Is this habit imported from somewhere? It's always the same kind of series with the same kind of fanbases that get these.
>>
Bleach was the best Shounen until Kubo went off the rails post Soul Society and it turned to shit. Prove me wrong, you can't.
>>
Remove One Piss and I agree with yoy
>>
>>133144290
>Prove me wrong
Why would I do that, when I completely agree with you?
>>
getting tired of your shit bot-kun
>>
>>133141639
too to evaluate thus one, dont be a hype fag
>>
>>133141275
Shounen generals are cancer.
>>
Can someone explain to me what the guy posting a list of posts and a number underneath is supposed to mean, if it even has meaning?
>>
>>133144164
We aren't talking about how it's "officially" classified, we're talking about the content and the actual audience.
Like >>133143589 said, HxH does pretty bad in the rankings, proof that it isn't liked by the average wsj reader.
>>
>>133144290
It was the most entertaining of the Big 3 that's for sure but it was never really great. It might have helped save WSJ from near financial ruin but it doesn't come to close to anything that came out in it's golden generation.
>>
>>133144390
Too soon to evaluate this one*
>>
File: 1441067106990.jpg (36KB, 604x340px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1441067106990.jpg
36KB, 604x340px
>>133141275
>shit piece
>good

ebin b8 my friend
>>
>>133144181
Yeah, but it took wayy too many episodes of pure boring garbage and way too many 2-dimensional filler furry characters that nobody cares about to get to the good stuff, which was only the final part of the arc; Palace Invasion.

On the other hand, holy fucking shit /a/ has literally no mods. This bot has lost its fucking shit.
I swear to god mods if you ban me for this image before getting this bot under control I will fuck your mothers.
>>
>>133141275
1 piss?

hhaahahaa
>>
>>133141275
>Would /a/ agree
no, never
>>
>>133144483
>anything without fighting and explosions is boring
Go read some fairy tail kid
>>
>>133144413
That's not what this thread is about, though.
>>
Why is this guy posting random numbers.
>>
>all these people who can't recognize a bot
Has the internet become this tame?
>>
Shit and bait thread.
>>
>>133144413
The content doesn't matter, if it's in a shounen magazine then it's shounen.
>>
>>133144549
Yeah this thread is about botspam.
>>
>>133141275
No I definitely wouldn't agree.

And for all the positive talk about HxH I think it would do better in a seinen demographic. Also, I don't think it's nearly as good a people say it is. As a manga, I think it has a lot of problems, mainly with explanation dumps.
>>
>>133141275
If not including spprts like slam dunk
>>
>>133144736
>seinen
kek desu senpai
>>
>>133144119
>nostalgia goggles


Bro, I don't think you know what that word means...
>>
>>133144794
>Bro
>...
Since you're clearly underaged, I guess you can't be expected to feel nostalgia for something you started reading a month ago.
>>
>>133144784
I'm not saying it has content that is obviously directed at adults, but rather it's restricted by being aimed at children.
>>
>>133144526
He's right, the whole NGE part was fucking boring (and easily the worst part of the entire series) and at that part of the arc Meruem and the royal guards were generic villains.
Only after we see Meruem trying to defeat humans in other fields and Komugi is introduced the arc start to become interesting.
The palace invasion and the end of the arc were top tier.
>>
Only in /a/ do you have people autistic enough to get so mad about shounenshit that they spawn a bot to ruin the thread.
>>
>>133144825
Bro, chill the fuck out ok...?
>>
File: 1348818694198.png (32KB, 353x324px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1348818694198.png
32KB, 353x324px
WHAT IS THE POINT OF CAPTCHA IF THIS SHIT CAN HAPPEN
>>
>>133144867
*NGL
>>
>>133141275
>Something I find very rare in a genre littered with clichés and plotholes.
op and hxh has several cliches too
>>
>>133144942
Making you buy a 4goyim pass.
>>
>>133144942
The point now is making /a/ "slower".
>>
>>133141275
>One Piss pinnacle of anything
>Hiatus X Hiatus

kek
>>
>>133145027
>kek
Hi /v/.
>>
>>133144867
kek
>>
>>133144942
Nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>133145066
kek
>>
>>133145164
>>>/v/
>>
>>133141570
Demographic?
>>
>>133141275
Hey kekboi how can u call them pinnacles if two of those arent even done dumbass
>>
>>133144794
The meaning is pretty obvious. If it's not the case, why is it then that you consider one piece to be good. It's okay, But nothing special
>>
>>133145478
>not being finished means that you can't excel at anything

Ok...
>>
>>133141639
it's just ok
still shit if compared to hunter x hunter though
>>
It should be Dragonball, Hunter x Hunter and One Punch Man
>>
>>133145712
>shonen
>>
>>133141275
the start of hxh is very cliche.
>>
>>133145712
OPM is Seinen you fucking tripfag
>>
>>133145779
Most don't know this but Togashi likes to "borrow" and subvert shit ton of mangas that he himself likes while maintaining his PoV over the resolution; meta as fuck.
>>
>>133146216
yeah, like cell and junji ito.
but the start is still cliche
>>
>>133146216
kek
>>
>>133146121
No, it's not, its shit
>>
basicfag much??
>>
File: 1445122242506.png (149KB, 284x348px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445122242506.png
149KB, 284x348px
>mods are so slow and useless that the spammer gets bored
>>
This is the worst thread in the world
>>
File: prolly a nightmare.jpg (83KB, 447x443px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
prolly a nightmare.jpg
83KB, 447x443px
>this entire thread
>>
File: uyg.jpg (48KB, 366x345px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
uyg.jpg
48KB, 366x345px
what the fuck is happening near the end of this thread here?
>>
>>133141275
I agree with HxH & FMA but I'd personally swap OP for Gash Bell or Kenshin or Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken or Trigun
>>
File: 28VOLdy.gif (2MB, 273x265px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
28VOLdy.gif
2MB, 273x265px
>>133147284
i dont know.
>>
File: 1445337075378.jpg (28KB, 352x198px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445337075378.jpg
28KB, 352x198px
>>133147971
nice robin cosplay
>>
File: 5044086.jpg (34KB, 300x294px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5044086.jpg
34KB, 300x294px
>>133145712
>2005+9
>not using custom tripcode
i have like three thousand 'Jebus' tripcodes
do you want any faggot?
>>
>>133141639
Too soon to tell yet, we haven't had a "shit just got realer than real" arc yet that throws the manga in it's path towards the ending.
Deku hasn't seen AfO yet, only heard about him; All Might hasn't kicked the bucket and passed the torch for real yet; Manchild still doesn't feel like he's growing into a threat that he'll likely be by the end; among a few other issues.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the whole "daily activities of hero students", but it doesn't feel like it's moving anywhere yet.
>>
The lack of Satoshi Mizukami work in this thread disturbs me
>>
>>133148386
>Mizukami
>shounen demographic
>>
>>133147937
>Kenshin
stopped reading there.
>>
>>133143983
I dunno if I'd call Greed Island entertaining.
>>
>>133148434
Sengoku Youko is published in Comic Blade which is a shonen magazine
>>
>>133148469
isn't that one kenshin OVA supposed to be a masterpiece
>>
>>133148584
What about Spirit Circle?
>>
>>133148540
>Gon and Killua's interactions with Hisoka
>meeting all of Ging's friends
>I AM THE BOMBER
>all of the super detailed YGO mechanics
>that whole dodgeball sequence

Greed Island was GOAT. Probably the best "non-seinen" arc.
>>
>>133148127
Sure, why not.
>>
>>133148662
Spirit Circle & Hoshi no Samidare both are published in young king, which is a seinen magazine
>>
>>133141275
>Dissing Shaman King

Fuck off
Shaman King>these 3 turds
>>
>>133148783
Also how fucking dare you diss Dragon Ball?

If Dragon Ball didn't exist those 3 turd series would not exist
>>
Air Master
>>
File: debiruman.jpg (253KB, 1456x1142px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
debiruman.jpg
253KB, 1456x1142px
>>133143451
I've always wanted to get into HxH but part of what puts me off is the way so many of its fans praise it because of 'grey morality' and 'mature themes' instead of just talking about why it's well executed. Dio is pure evil but he's a great villain; he's drawn in a very imposing charismatic way and he gets tons of cool memorable lines.

There are books made for actual adults where you can find themes more 'mature' than those in a fighting shonen manga made for older kids & teenagers but happens to be mature "by fighting shonen standards". Why the fuck would you judge the quality of a shonen by maturity and not the quality of its execution within a visual storytelling medium?

>>133143853 I'd like to think this guy is just trolling but I don't have enough hope left for you guys so I think he's probably just that ignorant.

>>133144035
Or look at this guy. Devilman isn't good because "it was shocking back then", it's good because it has expressive art and great paneling and a narrative that knows what it's trying to say from the get-go and says it well without holding back.

Is it the "best shonen manga ever"? Highly subjective, and I assume people saying that do it mainly because of its historical importance and not because it's their favorite, but it's still good.
>>
Doubutsu no Kuni
Dragon Quest: Emblem of Roto
Kekkaishi

is my trilogy
>>
>>133149374
> Devilman isn't good because "it was shocking back then"
That's where a lot of its fame and influence comes from, the fact that it did things that hadn't been done before. As for the rest, those don't seem like particularly high bars to clear, although I admit I've never really gotten what makes good or bad paneling.
>>
>>133149374
>>>133143451
>I've always wanted to get into HxH
Read it.
>>
>>133144413
>HxH does pretty bad in the rankings,
because of the hiatus hxh is neutral in the rankings
>>
>>133149556
Good paneling is where you can very easily follow the flow of action. It's surprisingly very easy to fuck up.
>>
>>133149374
People often talk about why HxH is well executed, but that's the sort of thing that comes up in proper discussions. Not in short, passing comments of praise in a shit flinging battle manga thread.

If you want nice visual storytelling, Togashi is rather good at it. But people don't really talk about that because they dismiss the manga in the first place, unfortunately.
>>
>>133141989
I'm totally with this guy
This is 100% bullshit when you think about it.
>>
File: 1445022117102.png (20KB, 100x100px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445022117102.png
20KB, 100x100px
>>133148717
>>133148717
sorry i was eating ramen,
#v||F?b[-, i litertly have hundreds
>>
File: 147.png (302KB, 780x1220px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
147.png
302KB, 780x1220px
>>133149556
It's not JUST the paneling but the general use of the medium. Devilman might be "drawn badly" as far as anatomical mistakes and shit go (it was obviously rushed too and not as polished as something like Mao Dante; still I actually prefer it stylistically over the latter) but it has a fantastic aesthetic sense. Nagai is really good at composition, often when someone posts an "epic" page by a far more technically skilled artist who could draw circles around Nagai even now it still doesn't feel as thoughtful in terms of things like contrast and readability, or even just sheer inventiveness, as the best pages in Devilman.
>>
File: 1442481992099.jpg (76KB, 900x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442481992099.jpg
76KB, 900x900px
#oQIpzXR-
#hVPS|lt&
#KF-!JL&R
#&2:G0~j1
##|:-\'GC
#BO&][email protected]
#n{BXox5v
#|b)rY}T3
#wRmm)Vy]
#?N7bGgW0
#n/,Rmhwz
#1pw3$B5{
#y-kJe/&z
#*)ODV[zO
#*K^'na0D
#eHoMejW5
#v||F?b[-
if that doesent working
>>
>>133149755
I wouldn't say it's just that, sometimes it's just for creative visuals. Using HxH as an example, Togashi has a habit I like of superimposing figures over manga panels for depth and emphasis. Sometimes it helps with the flow of action, like when someone new steps into the room, but sometimes it just looks cool and draws your attention (if I was home I'd post the page where Gon san's body divides the panels up).
>>
File: 148.png (314KB, 1549x1218px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
148.png
314KB, 1549x1218px
>>133149961
I love how Miki in this scene is all white but the insane mob is an amorphous black blob of psychotic faces. It's drawn like shit as far as solidity and antomy goes but stuff like this is a big part of what helps make moments in a story memorable and iconic. Lots of people on /ic/ can draw very solidly but if they tried to tell a story in comic form it would probably look bland as shit.
>>133149847
Oh I know, that's why I want to read it, from what I've seen it looks cool for other reasons beyond being "mature by the standards of manga for underage boys"
>>
>>133149447
>Dragon Quest: Emblem of Roto
>v.5 c.18 by Eien no Manga (3469d ago)
too bad, it sounds interesting
>>
File: 8.jpg (88KB, 750x1075px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
8.jpg
88KB, 750x1075px
>>
File: 046.png (324KB, 780x1220px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
046.png
324KB, 780x1220px
>>133150157
Knowing how to make important scenes have an impact doesn't just result in cool drawings to post in "ebin manga pages" threads on /a/ (though admittedly that's also awesome), it's also an important part of visual storytelling.

Citizen Kane isn't just considered a classic movie because "the story is nice and mature :)"
>>
File: 01.jpg (161KB, 639x1000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
01.jpg
161KB, 639x1000px
>>133150382
Though as far as the other "classic shonen" Ashita no Joe goes I prefer the visuals in the anime. I guess you could say 'lolopinions' since the anime is more dramatic and over the top and the manga is more understated but I don't think AnJ's manga art is good enough to be a classic as far as "down-to-earth art" goes. Meanwhile the anime is some of Dezaki's best hyper-stylized dramatic work and has lots of cool shots.

Devilman though, I genuinely think the manga version if the best. The first OVA is good and I recommend it but it's still not quite as impacting.
>>
>>133141275
>all three left me wanting more
>One Piece
Well you're gonna get what you want then
>>
File: b2.jpg (376KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
b2.jpg
376KB, 1024x768px
>>133141275
Why are you acting like Shonen manga is battle manga you fucking newfag?

Fuck off sperg
>>
>>133150088
>>
File: 1442478332576.jpg (75KB, 600x560px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442478332576.jpg
75KB, 600x560px
>>133151892
>>
>>133143362
Kinnikuman basically invented battle shonen as we know it, fuck dragonball.
>>
>>133141275
No.
That would be Negima, Medaka Box, and Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer.
>>
File: 1445547045095.png (21KB, 161x100px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445547045095.png
21KB, 161x100px
>>133152120
>>133152120
>>133152173
what the hell are you trying to say?
>>
>>133152210
>>
>>133152210
>>133152210
I'll stop now
>>
File: 1442477412729.gif (776KB, 514x667px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442477412729.gif
776KB, 514x667px
>>133152232
just copy and paste this in the name feild
#?wB/9itC
it says Jebus/a/
>>
>>133152318
>>
File: 1442483100868.png (117KB, 372x351px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442483100868.png
117KB, 372x351px
>>133152308
or this one
>>133152391
did you do it wrong? just copy and paste
#vv'/)o.6
>>
>>133152425
yeah I know
>>
File: 1442477696051.png (610KB, 747x719px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442477696051.png
610KB, 747x719px
>>133152455
>>
>>133152455
>>133152480
hahaha fuck you
>>
File: 1441307335478.gif (289KB, 712x911px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1441307335478.gif
289KB, 712x911px
>>133152455
everytime>>133152497
#vv'/)o.6 here
>>
File: 1433814035905.jpg (29KB, 600x421px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1433814035905.jpg
29KB, 600x421px
>>
>>133152521
>>
File: 1444689307826.jpg (33KB, 447x333px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444689307826.jpg
33KB, 447x333px
>>133152539
Best thread desu>>133152571
>>
File: 1444950989363.gif (259KB, 500x354px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444950989363.gif
259KB, 500x354px
>>133152571
>>
File: 1444212321398.jpg (87KB, 736x718px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444212321398.jpg
87KB, 736x718px
>>
File: 1446601944896.jpg (48KB, 560x672px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446601944896.jpg
48KB, 560x672px
>>133152644
>>
File: 1442480360451.jpg (62KB, 620x531px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442480360451.jpg
62KB, 620x531px
>>133152778
>trying to copy my trip
>>
>>133143362
Wait, Devilman is a shounen? I really forgot about that.
Well, personally I like D.Gray-Man more than FMA and HxH, but that's my opinion.
>>
File: 1445548526776.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445548526776.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>133152995
>but that's my opinion.
and a bad opinion it is, hxh is golden
>>
Eyeshield 21 is one of the best battle shounen

>But that's a sport manga-

It can be more than one thing.
>>
Jojo saved and defined the shounen genre.
>>
>>133153294
I just have a greater boner for suffering, anon.
>>
>>133152813
fuck my cpu
>>
File: 1440192922959.jpg (17KB, 280x278px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440192922959.jpg
17KB, 280x278px
>>133153558
#I^dgJ(aF
???
>>
>>133152104
Medaka Box is terrible and LBH isn't shounen.
>>
File: GODDAMMITTOGASHI.gif (2MB, 429x237px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
GODDAMMITTOGASHI.gif
2MB, 429x237px
>>133153512
suffering desu?
do you even know what suffering is?
>>
>>133153667
>>
File: 1444243155048.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444243155048.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>133153759
>>
>>133153756
Yes. I like D.Gray-Man, HxH and Berserk.
The hiatus trilogy.
>>
>botspam
>trip handing out trips
>new trip spamming spoiler abuse
This thread is unbelievably bad.
>>
>>133153903
>>133153903
>>133153903
>>133153903
>>133153903
>>133153903
>>
>>133153877
There is no hiatus trilogy. There is only one hiatus bible, and that is X.
>>
File: 1430404077931.jpg (62KB, 582x541px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430404077931.jpg
62KB, 582x541px
>>133153903
>>
File: bestcat.gif (513KB, 500x432px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bestcat.gif
513KB, 500x432px
Pitou Kawaii desu ne
>>
>>133141828
YYH's world is relatively dull and the whole series becomes worse when they attempt to expand it with the stupid demon world shit. YYH has probably the best definitive tournament arc and one of the best set of protagonists ever, but HxH is better in every other way.
>>
File: 03k1ShD.gif (4MB, 500x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
03k1ShD.gif
4MB, 500x281px
>>133153987
yup, pic related, also
what will happen when madhouse puts out a yyh remake???
>>
>>133142279
This. One Piece likely won't end till past chapter 1000 with probably over 200 named and reoccurring characters. Shit is just a chore to read.
>>
>>133141275
>Unlike Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Shaman King, Dragonball, Busou Renkin, Rave Master, 666 Satan, etc... you can the mangaka here really put a lot of thought into outlining their story before getting started.
I wish I could literally laugh in your fucking face.
Particularly about HxH. But all three of those are just as poorly structured and stupid as the others you listed.
Its a fucking joke.

You want the pinnacle of shounen manga?
Fist of the North Star, JoJo's and a third thing (i don't know).
>>
I find shounens boring as fuck. The only shounen I ever got into was Dragonball and dbz. Meh I also prefer manga over animes
>>
File: 1440986417263.webm (1MB, 268x396px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440986417263.webm
1MB, 268x396px
>>133154100
what do you find not boring?
sushi?
>>
>>133149374
I really like how HxH never snowballs into the MCs being the most important or powerful characters in the world or anything.
Togashi has developed a nice, comfy, and so far extremely consistent powerlevel scale throughout the entire series, so that any powerups or training done by Killua and Gon never feel cheap, because there's always a point of reference. Stuff like Bleach and Naruto's Getsuga Tensho and Rasengan were both introduced as extremely powerful techniques, but of course both became literally weaker than punches as the series went on. Not so much so in HxH.
Hisoka and Illumi, two very dangerous and strong characters that were introduced early on have not had any of their threat level diminished, because Togashi had the foresight to make them not really exert any effort in their fights during the Exam arc. As such, Hisoka, pretty much the most constant antagonistic party for Gon, has still remained far and above Gon despite Gon growing in leaps and bounds every arc.
The Chimera Ant arc was the only arc so far to go big with the threat of the antagonist, in this case threatening the existance of all humanity, but it never fell to Gon or Killua to defeat him. It fell to experienced veterans to deal with the problem, while Gon and Killua, only involved by being at the right place in the wrong time, merely play a support role to the people actually tasked with dealing with the problem.

And that's really what captures the feeling of "two kids out on an adventure to see the world". They aren't major powers, they aren't important pieces in a larger puzzle, they're just kids, training, learning, and growing.
>>
>>133154100
>animes
>>
File: 1442250821635.gif (177KB, 500x419px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442250821635.gif
177KB, 500x419px
>>133154098
>Mad max/one punch man
>jojos handsome men adventure
>not even a third thing
are you serious?
>>
>>133154306
Spoken like a truly illiterate fag who hasn't read either manga.
>>
>>133154152
The thing that aggravates me about shounens is that they follow a formula. MC never loses or gets some bull shit power up becomes op as fuck rinse and repeat then wins. Or bringing characters back to life one of dbz flaws. It seems all repetitive to me. Also fuck the power of friendship
>>
>>133154098
>laughs at the other guy for listing things with haphazard structure
>lists fucking JoJo
>>
>>133154100
>sounens
>animes
>>
>>133154290
What the fuck do I call them cunt? Cartoons? Japanese cartoons? Fucking animated drawings?
>>
>>133154336
>implying i read
all the good ones get made into animes, therefore if you only watch anime then youre always getting the best version possible
watched part of both
>>
>>133154399
JoJo's has never had a single thing where the story just goes "GASP HE'S STRONGER THAN PROTAGONIST! But wait, THE PROTAGONIST JUST NEEDS TO BE STRONGER! YAY! PROTAGONIST WINS!"
>>
>>133141710
boring characters, boring story. boring drawings.

For me it just gathers all the stuff that makes something unlikeable.

HxH and FMA are good though,
>>
>>133154445
anime
>>
>>133154470
I thought you hated battle shounen, Komeiji?
>>
>>133154470
Like I said, you're illiterate.
>>
File: 1444250450923.jpg (36KB, 600x338px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444250450923.jpg
36KB, 600x338px
>>133154373
its the ones that break away from the formula that get the praise anon, we dont talk about the shitshonens
>>
>>133154480
>doesn't like boring characters
>HxH and FMA are good though
Are you even trying?
>>
>>133154373
Then read something that isn't just battle manga.
>>
>>133154505
Komeiji gave HxH a 7/10
>>
>>133154477
No, but it's had plenty of asspulls and "I ran out of plot, better make a new one" moments. Araki makes stuff up on the fly more than Kubo.
>>
>>133154552
You should be ashamed of knowing that.
>>
>>133154470
Shounen Give me aids all that filler
>>
Don't agree with the middle, FMA. It was shit considering what it could have been.

>lust dies by fire, like in hell
>greed dies by being boiled in oil, like in hell
>everyone else: ?????????

That ruined the entire series for me.
>>
>>133154552
So we know he overrates things.

>>133154554
Araki's stuff always comes from an interesting idea that never ignores the previous rules he's established in the series.
They are nowhere near the ass pulls that Kubo does where he just decides FUCK IT Ichigo is part EVERYTHING.
>>
>>133141275
HxH is shit.

Both the art and story.
>>
File: 1444689070973.jpg (40KB, 272x279px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444689070973.jpg
40KB, 272x279px
>>133154505
im not komeiji...
kosaki...
KOSAKI...
kosaki-san..
kosaki-sama...
or
k-k-kosaki-kun...
>>
>>133154611
Finally, another anon with some fucking taste.

>>133154618
Shut the fuck up Komeiji
>>
>>133144512
It's a fact that it's the best right now (and the last 5+ years)
>>
>>133154618
Komeji why don't you read?
>>
File: 1444982799709.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444982799709.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>>133154594
>Shounen Give me aids all that filler
>>
>>133154605
You can sugarcoat it all you want, but you're not going to make GER seem any less retarded storytelling-wise, or Heavy Weather seem any less retarded in general.
>>
>>133154611
yeah, and idk why people love the Chimera Ant Arc or whatever. The character designs look horrible.
>>
>>133154273
It also makes Gon and Killua significantly less obnoxious as MCs, because people aren't constantly sucking their dicks for being heroic and saving the day.

>>133154477
I hope you know that phrasing a genre convention to sound stupid doesn't make it inherently bad writing or even worth basing your opinion of a series on. It's true Jojo doesn't involve that, but Jojo has very narrow focus. So it has great fights but barely any character development, for example. I love it and think it succeeds in many areas, but it doesn't even try in other areas.
>>
>>133154691
desu, York Shin was the best arc ever and theres no way anything will top it.
>>
File: 1442264937143.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442264937143.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>133154666
>>133154647
kosaki Desu..
KoSaKi
>>
Hxh art sucks dick
>>
>>133154618
JoJo is good though senpai
>>
>>133154546
nais baito desu
>>
File: ohyou.jpg (25KB, 284x177px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ohyou.jpg
25KB, 284x177px
>>133154754
>>133154754
>>133154754
>>133154754
>>
>>133149374
>why it's well executed.
Long story short: you might lose if i throw a banana peel and anyone can win for that reason.
>>
>>133154748
Does this count as some sort of avatarfagging?
>>
File: bait.webm (184KB, 960x540px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bait.webm
184KB, 960x540px
>>133154470
>all the good ones get made into animes
>>
>>133154775
AHAHAHAHAHA THEY MADE ANOTHER JOKE ABOUT HOW SHORT HE IS AND HE GOT MAD!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>133154748
Fuck you. You are forever Komeji.
>>
>>133154703
Honestly, I think character development fluctuates a lot between parts.
>>
>>133154823
JoJo's makes up for its lack of character development through its having a variety of personalities.
No Joestar has had the same personality as a previous one.
>>
File: 1443746204964.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443746204964.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>133154818
Kosaki, reported.
>>
I found hxh a bit boring
>>
>>133154813
Is it time to narrow down characters to one insignificant trait?
>>
>>133154868
announcing reports is against the rules
>>
>>133154868
I'm sorry kos- I mean komeji
>>
>>133150088
>>133149922
Hurray, now I can shitpost with a hundred trips.
>>
File: 1445481037631.png (31KB, 290x210px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445481037631.png
31KB, 290x210px
>>133154928
>>
File: 1443902619508.jpg (70KB, 530x530px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443902619508.jpg
70KB, 530x530px
>>133154965
anon, those were the real trips, and you still arent using any of them
>>
>>133155051
Implying I know what a tripcode is or what it does
>>
>>133154864
There are many great personalities but one issue I have is the lack of variety when it comes to 'fight intelligence', if that makes sense. Most stand users have the same clever, quick witted way of fighting. They almost all have plenty of convenient trivia knowledge to use, they are super creative, etc. Araki has to write so many characters that way because it's the best vehicle for interesting fights and abilities, but it's not great characterization.
>>
File: 1442876206137.gif (855KB, 500x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442876206137.gif
855KB, 500x281px
>>133155157
>>
>>133155181
It might not be great characterization but it helps him avoid the genre's biggest problem, the shitty uninteresting power level based fights.
>>
>>133155231
Don't smirk at me kosaki-chan
>>
>>133143281
>He watched the English filler-ridden version

You do know that whole "1000 years" thing isn't canon, right?
>>
>>133155323
That's Chitoge.
>>
File: Screenshot (38).png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Screenshot (38).png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>133141275
>One Piece
>Better than DBZK or DB

As a Z fan, not even saying DB should be up there (though it is the world's most popular anime) but it's better than One Piece
>>
>>133155440
Nope that's shitoge
>>
>>133155461
We're talking about manga, not anime.
>>
>>133155291
I don't know if you're the guy who was shitting on the series in OPs post, but power levels aren't an issue in HxH or FMA either. Not sure what the general consensus on One Piece is since haki, but it isn't bad either in my opinion. It's possible to have more varied fighting styles without resorting to powerlevels.
>>
>>133155727
I hate FMA because the characters are unlikable brats and Brotherhood didn't change that.
HxH I tried reading but after YYH I can't get past how unbelievably stupid the premise of HxH is.
Atleast YYH had interesting fucking characters.
>>
>>133155718
DBZ manga is better than the original anime anyways
>>
>>133155780
I see HxH in the same category as Naruto.
That's how I feel about it.
>>
File: bait.png (9KB, 235x236px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bait.png
9KB, 235x236px
>>133155780
>I hate FMA
>Characters are unlikeable
The bait is real.
>>
>>133155812
You just have poor judgement and lack the ability for critical analysis then, because HxH is significantly better written and lacks the flaws that make Naruto truly bad
>>
>>133155780
>ghost detective turned demon fighter is a good premise
>hunting as a broad, general concept is a stupid premise

Are you clinically retarded?
>>
>>133156159
>implying HxH is about "hunting"
Eat a fucking dick.
>>
>>133145549
Yeah thats exactly right, what if the ending is fucked up, THEN THEY ARENT PINNACLES are u sure ur not retarded?
>>
>>133156195
What the fuck do you think a premise is, moron? The plot details that vary from arc to arc, or the underlying base the story built on? The premise is literally hunting, the characters are mostly hunters, the main characters goal is being a hunter so he can be like and hunt his hunter father, a whole arc is dedicated to becoming a hunter.
>>
>>133156401
THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4eEv0nLTeI
IS NOT ABOUT HUNTING, FAGGOT
>>
>>133156473
Again, are you retarded? Is english not your first language? Do I need to explain the difference between the PREMISE of a show and the plot? It's really not a difficult concept but regardless, I don't see your point with that video. It's two hunters fighting in preparation to go hunt ants, at the hunter association's request. Do powers negate the concept in your mind? If so, why are you in a fucking battle shounen thread?
>>
And am I the only one who struggles with reading the FMA manga because the pacing is all over the place? At least Arakawa gotten much better with pacing later on but it's hard to read the FMA manga for me.
>>
File: stay mad.jpg (1020KB, 903x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
stay mad.jpg
1020KB, 903x1300px
all these guys are just jelly that their manga doesnt have its own theme park. Stay mad faggets
>>
>One Piece
This is genuinely had from pacing and storytelling (and the main character is annoying as shit).

>FMA
The story is okay, but it had got god tier characters so it's all good.

>HxH
>implying I read HxH and willingly subject myself to suffer hiatus hell.
I have Berserk, X and NANA already. Have mercy on me.
>>
>>133156619
THE PREMISE DOESN'T MEAN DICK IF THE PLOT IS ALMOST ENTIRELY DEPENDANT ON SOMETHING ELSE
HxH is about FIGHTING
Stupid fucking fights between super powered faggots
>>
OP is shit
>>
File: 0f6.gif (774KB, 445x334px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0f6.gif
774KB, 445x334px
FMA > HxH > > > > >OP
>>
>>133141275

battle shounen?
>one piece
>dragonball
>ranma 1/2

shounen
-one piece
-yakitate japan
-eyeshield 21
>>
>>133141275
Take off One Piece and yes.
>>
>>133157130
SnK also has a theme park.
>>
>>133157771
Fighting and hunting aren't mutually exclusive, and the premise of a show doesn't have to be what happens most often. The premise of YYH is ghost detectives, that lasted a few fucking volumes. The premise of One Piece is pirates, the main characters don't commit any acts of piracy. The premise of Naruto is ninjas but they're basically magicians. If you don't want to get into semantics, don't fucking bring up the premise when you just want to say you don't care for the plot.
>>
>>133141275
HxH > > FMA > > > > > shit > > > > OP
>>
File: 1431652018588.jpg (42KB, 640x427px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1431652018588.jpg
42KB, 640x427px
>>