[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

Yuki Yuna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 531
Thread images: 176

File: image.jpg (319KB, 750x1014px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
319KB, 750x1014px
Why didn't this catch on like Madoka did?

It had a slower beginning but arguably better payoff.
>>
>>133137917
Madoka had big names on it, plus SHAFT.
>>
Because Madoka was actually good and this show wasn't
>>
File: dakimakarin.jpg (134KB, 600x730px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dakimakarin.jpg
134KB, 600x730px
>>133137917
It got around 9k sales, in terms of an anime expected to sell 3-4k at most that's nothing to be ashamed of. Also it's Gokumi's best-selling work ever.

In terms of why it didn't catch on in America is at least partly because mahou shoujo isn't actually very popular in America (Madoka is a massive exception).

Karin best girl
>>
>>133137917
Madoka took 3 episodes to hit stride and knew what ut wanted to be arguably from episode 1 with the OP.

Yuki Yuna went from typical mahou to SOL to drama over 10 episodes and didnt have a over all theme or feeling in the same way Madoka did. It was good, but not in the same way.
>>
>>133137917
If Togo won it would had more impact.
>>
>>133137917
Because retards keep calling it a Madoka rip-off even though it has nothing to do with it.
>>
File: 1419288925015.jpg (687KB, 1000x2280px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419288925015.jpg
687KB, 1000x2280px
>>133139756
If it were all a skit for the cultural festival it would've been AOTD
>>
>>133139829
Nah, they could have made the show bigger if they didn't turn back from bad end. I like happy ending but it kinda felt forced there.
>>
>>133140016
You can't sell VNs of dead girls, anon.

Also have you read Sonoko After?
>>
>>133140074
I read it all. Kinda funny they left the girls alive but continue with prequel novels instead doing s2. At least they have those games and 4komas.
>>
>>133137917
>arguably better payoff.
Yeah. Arguably. Eg. it was shit from start to finish.

>>133139384
this
>>
Madoka was special at the time. There was the unification of SHAFT and urobutcher, the hidamari designs, and the Kalafina OST
It pretty much hit anons hard because of all that, on top of the story element with Kyubey being a little bitch.
Yuki Yuna was a great show and has many manga and LNs still going but its not Madoka for OSTs, the designs were great but they werent hidamari which was a huge draw for anons, and though the show had its dark moments it wasn't nearly as dark as Madoka.
Combine that with Gen'ei basically being dark as fuck with cutesy designs and you begin to understand. Madoka worked as well as it did because of the combination of lots of great work strung together. You could easily call it the top of the industry in every respect. There was no way to replicate that, only imitate it.
That and the witch runes and the way the witches were represented was part of the intrigue. Not to mention the promo materials that sold it as hidamari mahou shoujo and so many anons not knowing who urobutcher was before madoka and getting spoiled on him.
>>
File: 1446019826336.jpg (142KB, 1041x811px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446019826336.jpg
142KB, 1041x811px
s2 never ever
>>
>>133137917
>It had a slower beginning but arguably better payoff.
>everyone gets magically healed
at least Madoka stayed fucking dead
>>
>>133140208
Gen'ei got hit hard as madoka "clone". It was ok show that didn't deserve all the hate but it aired too early with Madoka still being fresh.
>>
>>133137917
Because Madoka didn't ended with asspull.
>>
>>133140277
And the world is still fire. Being healed isn't that relevant compared to how fucked the world is.
>>
>>133140277
No one stayed dead in Madoka.
>>
>>133137917
It was good and all, but when a fledgling series decides that "that's it anime fags, you won't be able to keep up with the title anymore because we are continuing the franchise in different media instead", then the anime otaku will suddenly lose interest in it.
Yuuki Yuuna was still not big enough to do this, and now I'm upset with it too for never being able to know what's gonna happen after it.
>>
File: brutal.jpg (44KB, 673x317px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
brutal.jpg
44KB, 673x317px
>>133140196
S2 is basically guaranteed with all the sequel hooks and with how well it did, plus they have at least 2 announcements on the way which are secret. I feel like the prequels are mostly to keep series momentum while Gokumi finishes what's on their plate before tackling S2. I just hope that they don't bankrupt themselves first with Lance n' Masque's inevitable flop.

And the 4komas are gold
>>
>>133140373
I just hope s2 don't fuck it up.
>>
File: 1419572395022.jpg (44KB, 443x523px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419572395022.jpg
44KB, 443x523px
>>133140208
>not Madoka for OSTs
I'd say that MONACA can and did definitely match Madoka in terms of OST, they did the soundtrack for fucking Nier.

>wasn't nearly as dark as Madoka
I think that I'd rather witch out and die than go through what Sonoko did.

Also Gen'ei was hot garbage
>>
Yuuki Yuna looked hideous and had garbage characters and story. It would be a wonder it was a successful as it was if Japan didn't have such shit taste
>>
>>133137917
>arguably better payoff.
I'd like to see anyone attempt to make that argument.
>>
>>133140016
>They could have made the show bigger by killing the emotional payload it spent the whole series preparing

If you say so, anon.
>>
>>133140362
Rebellion is not canon.
>>
>>133137917
>Why didn't this catch on like Madoka did?
Becuase it's actually good.
>>
>>133140458
I disagree on both accounts and Sonoko was dark as shit but that was rather late in the show.
>Also Gen'ei was hot garbage
You shut you're snide ass mouth.
>>133140589
>I'd like to see anyone attempt to make that argument.
Well madoka you went in expecting her to become the magical girl rather quickly. When it became clearer that it wasn't going to happen, past the Homu episode it seemed almost anticlimatic. While she did turn into a god and such, most of that episode was monologue telling homu she's a bitch and everything is fine.
Yuki Yuuna and GRIT YOUR TEETH was just plain hilarious. Beyond that and the human bean part I think it was overall a better ending because you weren't expecting things to end as well as they did and there were some mysteries left.
If madoka ended on the Homu reveal episode then I would agree it was better, but I think that the overall story of Yuki built towards a stronger ending. Plus all that speculah about Yuna being true and such.
>>133140813
too bad it is
>>
>>133137917
It did catch on though, nothing monumental (As in, beloved by normalfags and other scum) like Madoka but a pretty good popularity for a mahou shoujo show.
>>
>>133137917
something something serie, something something ending
>>
>>133140373
> Lance n' Masque's inevitable flop.
It is good, but the time for anime like that are long gone
>>
>>133137917
What the fuck you are talking about anon?
Most mahou shoujo flops terribly and gets hate, people expect a mahou shoujo show to "break the cliche" despite the fact that we rarely have any normal, not sentai influenced, mahou shoujo anymore.

Just the fact Yuyuyu ended up being the best seller of the studio and one of the best results of the producer should be more than enough for you. Nothing is going to hit casuals like Madoka did and thanks god for that, look at the cancer that unleashed upon our poor genre.

>Inb4 prism nana makes it fucked all over again
>>
>>133139633
Right terminal, wrong girl.
>>
>>133140373
>LnM
They should have known better than to make anything with a loli protagonist, after turning lolicon away with what they did to Saki.
>>
>>133140729
They should have prepared that payload better then cause deus ex machina endings are pretty bad writing.
>>
>>133140911
Genei was absolute trash

The art was DA teir
>hey were actually back
That felt unnatural
The story felt like it was wobbly
I did enjoy watching it, but I didn't like it in the end
>>
>>133141379
But that's what otaku want.
And that's what I wanted too. Not everyone wants edgy tragedy, if the girls are this loveable, the only good choice is to keep them alive.
>>
File: casuals.png (1022KB, 900x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
casuals.png
1022KB, 900x400px
Is there anything more precious than a madokasual talking about mahou shoujo?

Cheap bait OP by the way man, it impresses me anons are failing for it.
>>
>>133141543
I'm ok with this happy ending too, just won't pretend it wasn't bullshit. They could have prepared it better with some foreshadowing.

It kinda felt like they originally planned bad end but it got more popular than expected so they wanted to milk it more.
>>
>>133141657
Didn't you know? Every show in last 20 years was Madoka clone That includes Nanoha too.
>>
>>133141657
Please don't even try to bring Nanoha here.
That is the worst shit a franchise could have gone, and catered in to casuals much more than Madoka ever did.
>>
>>133141456
shit didn't even have a proper ending
>>
>>133141744
>Implying the bible wasn't a madoka clone for fujos
>>
File: 47641375_p0.jpg (349KB, 1363x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
47641375_p0.jpg
349KB, 1363x1200px
Yuuki Yuuna is my hero! The most cute and cool and perfect hero, I love her!
>>
>>133142068
Tougou pls calm down
>>
File: kohina laugh.webm (98KB, 708x670px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kohina laugh.webm
98KB, 708x670px
>>133140373
>S2 is basically guaranteed with all the sequel hooks
>>
>>133142172
Found the anime only watcher.
>>
>>133141761
What?
>>
File: 1160074419813.jpg (12KB, 169x290px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1160074419813.jpg
12KB, 169x290px
>>133140911
>If madoka ended on the Homu reveal episode then I would agree it was better
What?
The Homu reveal was only partway through the story. And it was so rushed that it wasn't even that great, anyway.
And you and I have very different opinions concerning the end of YYY, which in my opinion was nothing short of a cop out.
>>
>>133137917
It was decent at best until the ending fucked it up beyond saving. To compare it to Madoka is insulting to the latter.
>>
>>133142172
You shouldn't talk about things you don't know anon, even if that is the default method of your fanbase
>>
>>133137917

YuYu was great but Madoka was honestly better.
>>
File: baito.png (80KB, 500x501px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
baito.png
80KB, 500x501px
>>133140201
>>
File: yuyuyu_end_chart.jpg (643KB, 1000x2380px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
yuyuyu_end_chart.jpg
643KB, 1000x2380px
>>133139829
I'm surprised people still have the unfinished version of the ending chart.
>>
File: 1432375363679.png (90KB, 200x218px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1432375363679.png
90KB, 200x218px
>>133140373
>Lance n' Masque

What were they even thinking?

Male MC. Disney horse.

It was 100% certain to flop horribly.
>>
>>133141657
Can't wait for the fourth Madoka season in 2022.
>>
>>133141657

What is this picture even supposed to show?

Madoka powerlevels are like 1000000000 higher than Nanoha's after the finale and movies. It also became like 10 times more popular and made 10 times more money.

Nanoha A's was great. Then SS fucked up everything. Force was a fucking joke that makes a generic harem LN look good in comparison. Vivid anime was a complete disaster.

Nanoha is an example of great franchise with great potential going to complete shit.
>>
>>133137917
>No Edgy stuff, maybe dark, but no merelly edgy
>No pretentious stuff to make the watcher feel more intelligent
>It came from a studio that wasn't famous enough as SHAFT
>The PV was a complete misleading
>The Payoff came if you give attention to the little details, it hadn't a infodump in the very and, that's why many people feel disappointing with the ending
>>
>>133142750
I'm saying that Madoka has zero respect with anyone but casual fans of the genre
>>
>>133142878

Cool story newfag. I'm a mahou shojo fan for over 20 years. Watched SM back when it was originally running. Madoka is easily one of the best series in the genre. Only butthurt retards disagree.
>>
>>133142804
Damn. All of those except SHAFT one are wrong.

> but no merelly edgy
Tougo trying to kill herself and then everyone else??

>no pretentious stuff to make the watcher feel more intelligent
Did you miss the whole "its actually a conspiracy" plot?

>The PV was a complete misleading
And? Did you see Madoka PVs?

>The Payoff came if you give attention to the little details, it hadn't a infodump in the very and, that's why many people feel disappointing with the ending
You keep telling yourself that. And no, it is wrong.
>>
>>133142750
It means that Nanoha is better series than Madoka. Well at least 2 series and movies. Rest is utter shit.
>>
>>133142878
This statement is obviously false and anyone who knows anything about anime fans in Japan or the US would instantly recognize that. Obviously means nothing to a group as clueless as /a/ but bullshit should be called out
>>
File: UseInFaggotCase.jpg (228KB, 1176x664px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
UseInFaggotCase.jpg
228KB, 1176x664px
>>133140323
>Not paying attention and waiting for a shitty infodump
>>
>>133143017
Tougo trying to kill herself was bit edgy, but she was trying to save her friends from suffering so the end wasn't really edgy.
>>
>>133143021

Nanoha has better action and great setting with a lot of potential (that was never used and then ruined).

Madoka has better everything else.
>>
Do you think it's possible to have a whole YuYuYu thread without mentioning Madoka?
>>
>>133143159
about as possible as a Symphogear thread without mentioning YuYuYu
>>
>>133143159

No.
>>
>why did the ripoff not do as well as the original did?

Really?

inb4 "its not a ripoff" denial again
>>
>>133143017
If you actually think that plot exists it means you didn't pay attention to the little details.
>>
>>133143159

About as possible as Rahxephon thread without mentioning NGE.
>>
>>133143159
It's impossible to have any mahou shoujo discussion without Madoka anymore. Even shows that aren't even related like Wixoss can get some Madoka shit cause of girls suffering.
>>
>>133139770
Like clockwork.
>>
>>133143159
>is it possible to have anime thread without mentioning anime it ripped off
>>
File: 1433002684882.jpg (162KB, 540x544px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1433002684882.jpg
162KB, 540x544px
The series was a disappointment to every Grinch watching.
>>
>>133143221
Madoka is a ripoff of Qualia though.
>>
who /megalopolis/ here
>>
>Retards comparing YuYuYu with EDGEoka Magica instead of Heart Catch PreCure
Why is this permitted?
>>
>>133142750
Nanoha is a rare example of a franchise that is still alive after more than a decade. Let's see what will happen to Madoka in the 2020s.
>>
>>133143159
Do you think it's possible to have a whole RahXephon thread without mentioning Evangelion?
>>
>>133140323
Look like you can't into foreshadowing. 2deep4u
>>
Honestly I think they decided against having the bad ending at the very last minute. You got all the foreshadowing that the organization who made the hero app were bad and were up to something and then at the very end of the show out of no where it was "Oh wait they were good guys the entire time and were helping to improve the situation". They just sort of threw all the foreshadowing out the window.
>>
>>133143367
Ok. Englighen me. What foreshadowed the ending? Other than "power of friendship"?
>>
I tried this drink called Root Beer a while ago and honestly, it was hard to really enjoy it because it was such a Cola knockoff.
>>
DESS DESS DESS
>>
File: 1428002535545.jpg (58KB, 425x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1428002535545.jpg
58KB, 425x500px
>>133143319
aye Ma'am!
>>
>>133143441
I wouldn't call them good guys either, they're just incompetent, in what part of the end you think they implied they were good guys?
>>
>>133143502
Thats some shit.
At least Gen'ei got the meanings of Tarot right. And it had Were-Luna.
>>
>>133143441
Well, they're supposed TO KEEP THE FUCKING HUMANITY ALIVE, so they're no the bad guys really.
They were doing what they could with what they had in their hands
>>
File: 1421981209469.jpg (2MB, 2152x1642px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421981209469.jpg
2MB, 2152x1642px
2deep4 spoonfed faggots
>>
>>133143441
While I agree they planned for bad ending I think Taisha was just bunch of incompetent retards.
>>
File: 1440843176309.png (895KB, 1650x874px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440843176309.png
895KB, 1650x874px
Meanwhile, back in 2018...
>>
>>133141658
Someday, we will live in a glorious utopia where people no longer believe that shows are written live week-upon-week.
>>
>>133143453
In the end, all that Togo did basically was a message:
>We don't wanna end like logs
You could see it as a "Ok, calm down girl, there are the things that i took as sacrifices, now put down that gun"
>>
>>133143644
It can mean anything or nothing. Maybe the novels will stop fucking around and finally explain anything.
>>
>>133143749
But muh Shirobako.
>>
>>133143327

They were not making more because Homura's VA was pregnant.

Sequel is certain and it will sell like hotcakes.
>>
File: WAKABA.jpg (252KB, 1265x1600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
WAKABA.jpg
252KB, 1265x1600px
NoWaYu maybe never ;__;
>>
>>133143749
Why shouldn't we believe what is a fact?

>>133143766
>>We don't wanna end like logs
I wonder why it takes someone threatening to kill you to realize this.
At least QB has valid reason to force girls into contract.
>>
>>133143367
Symbolism about the sun and also how you can take back offering (when they talk about food). In their case their bodies were offerings. I meant this warnt really hard to pick up on.

Also Yuuna didn't have flower petals around her at the end and didn't lose her familiar which also give hints that she is in fact still fighting all that time.She could also hear people taking to her real body as well. This could also be why she is dazed and tired during the play because she got back from fighting and collapsed. Time stop for everyone so they wouldn't know why. Also the speech about the lone hero who fights alone to save everyone matches this as well. So it's not a too happy ending, at least for her.

There's more symbolism through flowers etc, but that can be found by googling.
>>
>>133143878
Because they were the second generation, one didn't remembered anything, the other one died, and the other one was devoted to serve the Shinju and protecting the world and Togo.
>>
>>133143710
They thought that throwing Udon to Vertex would make them go away
>>
GOOD LUCK I'M BEHIND 21 YOSEI
>>
>>133143453
>>133143974
Meant for you.
>>
>>133144034
All I wanted is to see her go on rampage with all that power.
>>
The trolls saying YuYuYu is a Madoka ripoff are worse than the trolls who said Madoka was a Ryuki ripoff.

At least the latter gave (flawed) examples of similarities.
>>
>>133143974
>Also Yuuna didn't have flower petals around her at the end and didn't lose her familiar which also give hints that she is in fact still fighting all that time.She could also hear people taking to her real body as well. This could also be why she is dazed and tired during the play because she got back from fighting and collapsed. Time stop for everyone so they wouldn't know why. Also the speech about the lone hero who fights alone to save everyone matches this as well. So it's not a too happy ending, at least for her.

This theory is about ten months past its sell-by date.
>>
File: PURICUIA.jpg (46KB, 600x657px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
PURICUIA.jpg
46KB, 600x657px
Remember that Madoka is shit aside HCPC
>>
>>133144122
Enjoy your ripoff kid. It'll never reach the level of renown and praise of Madoka.
>>
>>133144182
Evil Magical Girl is a yes.
>>
File: 1421792421872.webm (568KB, 720x405px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421792421872.webm
568KB, 720x405px
>>133143872
Jiggles all over
>>
>>133144250
That's a good thing.
>>
File: 1446326772692.jpg (696KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446326772692.jpg
696KB, 1280x720px
>>133143502
>>
>>133144182
>Has a plot
Madoka : Yes
HCPC : No
>>
>>133144250
Yes, because nobody can enjoy both.
>>
>>133144250
Renown maybe, but i can say that YuYuYu fans are less voluble and are more attached to it, so it has more possibility to become a cult series than Madoka. Enjoy your casual shit
>>
File: mankaiboobs.webm (383KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mankaiboobs.webm
383KB, 1280x720px
>>133143872
>>
>>133143839
>2015
>Nanoha
>Priya
No, anon.
>>
File: BAIT.jpg (29KB, 625x626px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BAIT.jpg
29KB, 625x626px
>>133144314
>>
>>133140304
>It was an "ok" show.

No it wasn't. It was a jumbled mess of ideas from people trying to cash in on the "dark mahou shoujo" trend that Madoka Magica restarted. Too many characters that you didn't care really for and an MC that garnered next to no sympathy. Nothing about the show was engaging at all and the ending and the antagonist put up a strange balance between bland and "what the fuck?!".

At least YYY had the right amount of characters, lovely character designs, and battles that were actually interesting, and drama that was engaging. The only things wrongs with YYY were the ending and that Yuki Kajiura and Shaft were not involved. Even then, if it were for that shit ending I would have personally declared it better than Madoka Magica, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>133144364
>Madoka is bad because it's popular and YuYuYu is good because it isn't


kek fuck off contrarian
>>
File: 1421080353330.webm (839KB, 853x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421080353330.webm
839KB, 853x480px
>>133144374
>>
>>133144504
I like both shows but have you ever been in a Madoka thread? It's truly the worst kind of cancer
>>
>>133144466
>Yuki Kajiura and Shaft were not involved
It was for better, Kajiura would do the same OST as always.
>>
>>133144466
Kajiura isn't what she used to be; and I'm glad we didn't have those Bauhaus cities and those fucking headtilts.
>>
>>133137917
YuYuYu's ending was fucking terrible. That and the so-so early episodes are why it's not even remotely as popular as Madoka.
>>
>>133144617
I think you're in the wrong thread, someone that actually likes yuyuyu wouldn't call the fans that.
>>
File: 1402.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
They ruined it with too much suffering that it went overboard and killed it completely.
>>
File: 1418345390977.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418345390977.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>133144565

>>133144671
>responding to homuhater
>>
File: 1420443842533.png (136KB, 784x558px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420443842533.png
136KB, 784x558px
>>133144689
>>
>>133144567
Madoka fanbase has been killed by tripfags and a couple of anon fucktards. Why the fuck would you go to the threads when there's like a 90% chance that they get overrun by tripfag circlejerk, Homuhater, and anti-crack-kun shitposting non-stop.
>>
>>133144620
Grimdarkfags: missing the point since December 24.
>>
>>133144711
I think you're wrong, but either way the series ending for Madoka was vastly superior to YuYuYu and Rebellion was amazing for discussion. YuYuYu's ending was pure, poorly-executed deus ex machina. It was nonsensical in terms of plot and tone compared to the previous episodes and even if it hasn't been out of fucking nowhere everything after the final fight ended was tensionless and boring.
>>
>>133144693
I wonder if homuhater hate Madara too.
I mean, he is a black haired homolord too.
>>
>>133144871
>If you don't like every happy end existence it must be because you are a grimdark fag
The ending came completely out of nowhere, it was utter shit tier writing, no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>133145172
No, it must be because you're missing the point entirely. Which you are. The series is not about what you want it to be about, it's about conveying the importance of the characters' daily lives. When you're refusing to watch it as a slice-of-life-esque story focused around becoming close to and emphasizing with the characters, of course it doesn't work.
>>
>>133145172
It's not even a happy ending.
Sure the girls get their body functions back, but they don't know if or when they'll get called back to duty, and if they do, they won't have the protection of the fairies or the power of mankai at their disposal.
Even if they never get called back to duty, they know that humanity's basically fucked.
>>
>>133145391
YuYuYu is pretty shit as slice of life since most of the show isn't slice of life. You can make whatever excuses you want, but the ending is shit and was planned by the overwhelming majority for good reason. If Shinju had descended on wires and told the girls that they've been good so it's giving them their body parts back it literally would have been a better ending.
>>
File: Fuu_Despair.png (100KB, 334x299px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Fuu_Despair.png
100KB, 334x299px
Somebody save me from this.
>>
>>133145640
Assuming you mean "panned", it demonstrably wasn't. Stop declaring yourself the majority.
>>
>>133137917
Because unlike Madoka YY feels empty and uninspired in almost every aspect. Let me give you some examples.

Let's start with the world.
The witches barriers in Madoka are unique for every witch and have a lot of neat details that actually tell you about the personality of the former magical girl that turned into a witch.
Meanwhile the Vertexes in YY are confronted at the same place every time, except for the last battle.

The same goes for the cast.
Madoka has a main cast as well as some side characters that interact with the main characters and thus influence the story, e.g. Kyosuke, Madokas mom, Hitomi, Bebe. Meanwhile YY has only a single important side character: Sonoko.
Madokas cast also developes over the course of the series, some characters die or just lose importance, and new once are introduced, while YYs main cast remains the same for the entire time.

The plot developement is also different.
In YY most important plot points are deus ex machinae that the girls have to overcome. E.g. them losing their bodily functions, or having to fight even more Vertexes after they reached ther original traget. None of this was caused by the behaviour of the characters themselves, it just happened. In Madoka on the other hand Sayakas downfall for example was the result of her own personality and her interactions with other people, as was Kyoukos decision to sacrifice herself to stop Octavia. Overall the plot is driven by an interaction of outside influences and the characters own choices, while in YY we just have outside problem that the characters need to solve.
>>
>>133145678
Every YuYuYu thread for a week after the ending was either "the ending was really underwhelming" complaining or "guys, the ending want that bad" apologetic crap. It wasn't for a month or so after when the overwhelming majority of the viewerbase had moved on to the winter season when people stopped birding about it.
>>
>>133145391
>it's about conveying the importance of the characters' daily lives
Yes, I know that. And that is relevant to the ending being a complete asspull how? I like a lot of SoL btw, doesn't change that this one sucked.
>>
>>133145825
>birding
Fucking autocorrect why are you so shit who the fuck says birding
>>
>>133145787
Dying and losing importance isn't "developing" the YY cast manages to develop without having to take out girls.
>>
>>133145922
>Dying and losing importance isn't "developing"
It is, though. A developement is a directed process of change, which dying and losing importance fullfils. Also I talked about the composition of the cast developing, which is not the case in YY.
>>
>>133146013
Yes.
>>
>>133146006
Isn't the case in YY because the most important part of YY were the characters, not the plot or the world. Something that half this thread doesn't seem to understand.
>>
>>133145825
>Every YuYuYu thread for a week after the ending was either "the ending was really underwhelming" complaining or "guys, the ending want that bad" apologetic crap.

Wow, you mean that at the end of the show, people discussed the ending? And this went on for a whole WEEK? Yeah, that definitely shows that you're in the majority.
>>
>>133146013
The only thing I can agree is that Kyoko never loved Tougou
>>
>>133145787
>Because unlike Madoka YY feels empty and uninspired in almost every aspect. Let me give you some examples.

>Let's start with the world.
The witches barriers in Madoka are unique for every witch and have a lot of neat details that actually tell you about the personality of the former magical girl that turned into a witch.
Meanwhile the Vertexes in YY are confronted at the same place every time, except for the last battle.

Well, the vertex are merely tools of a single god. Why they should have their own wolrd?

>The same goes for the cast.
Madoka has a main cast as well as some side characters that interact with the main characters and thus influence the story, e.g. Kyosuke, Madokas mom, Hitomi, Bebe. Meanwhile YY has only a single important side character: Sonoko.
Madokas cast also developes over the course of the series, some characters die or just lose importance, and new once are introduced, while YYs main cast remains the same for the entire time.
>Mami developed instead of being just shock value material.
She maybe could be a interesting character, but only in her manga, in the anime she is not really important. Same goes for Kyoko and Madoka herself a little, the only good characters are Homura and Sayaka.

In YuYuYu the cast remains the same, but they were more developed and had the time to getting involved with the viewer.
Watching Madoka i was always expecting for someone dying, but i barely didn't care if that happened. In YuYuYu i was truly concerned for whatever could happen to them.
>>
>>133145848
Because it doesn't want to give you a deep message about loss, it wants to make you happy for the characters - and given its sales, I'd say it succeeded in that more than sufficiently. The ending is an emotional fulfillment, as befits its SoL themes, rather than a story.
>>
>>133146077
Characters existing in a vacuum simply isn't very interesting. If there are no side characters or developement in the casts composition things can get boring easily. That's why SoL has to score with other points, like being funny or healing. YY certainly is not very funny and I couldn't appreciate the healing precisely because the plot was simply not engaging enough for that.
>>
The popularity of a crappy show like Madoka simply amazes me. The paper thin characters and a story that relies on a series of plot twists, and the whole grating SHAFT aesthetic -- just another case of /a/'s majority shit taste.
>>
>>133146295
Isn't the healing opposite of plot? Remember the episode with Tougou's backstory? Ep10 was pretty healing during that flashback, and it wasn't about plot.

The important part of the show is the interaction between characters, and learning to appreciate it.
>>
File: 3621695419.png (1MB, 1467x814px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3621695419.png
1MB, 1467x814px
>>133146006
>>133146295
Reminder that Itsuki had a better development that 80% of Madoka's cast without speaking half of the series
>>
>>133146241
>Well, the vertex are merely tools of a single god. Why they should have their own wolrd?
Why even introduce a new world if it's lame? The vertexes wanted to inavde the world anyway, why not let them do that and the girls fight them there. Wouldn't have changed the plot in a major way and we could have had different locations for the fights.

>Mami developed instead of being just shock value material.
Yes she does, maybe you should rewatch the series? Also why is her dying only for shock value? The depiction isn't even especially gory, what makes her death like that but not that of other characters in other series?
>>
>>133144182
HCPC was the GOAT Precure, every other season after it has been hot garbage
>>
>>133139384
Thread should've ended here.

It's not just that it was crushed under the weight of its "Madoka clone" label, it just simply isn't as good as its fanbois think it is.
>>
>>133146431
Oops, meant to reply to >>133146206
>>
>>133146438
Anybody can come here and say that without giving reasons, that's why the thread didn't end there.
>>
>>133146394
In what way?
>My sister does a lot for me
>Now I want to do a lot for her and tale responsibilty myself
This is ok developement, it's believable at least, but I don't see where it is in any way especially well made.
>>
>>133146431
>Why even introduce a new world if it's lame? The vertexes wanted to inavde the world anyway, why not let them do that and the girls fight them there. Wouldn't have changed the plot in a major way and we could have had different locations for the fights.
Maybe because the vertex were attacking the same barrier/world that was made to protect humanity.
What were you expecting? That the Shinju stopped at some point and said "Oh, there come new vertex, i think its time to remodel the barrier and put a new carpet"

>The depiction isn't even especially gory, what makes her death like that but not that of other characters in other series?

Dying beheaded in the first three episodes with only some scenes it's not development
>>
>>133144182
Where to start with this franchise? By release order or are they all self container?
>>
>>133144135
Your point?
>>
>>133146297
>The paper thin characters
Why do you believe they're paper thin?
>and a story that relies on a series of plot twists
Are plot twists bad?
>and the whole grating SHAFT aesthetic
Now that's just over the line. There's nothing wrong with being wide.
>>
>>133146920
That you're repeating a theory that Sonoko After made moot shortly after the TV series ended?
>>
>>133146295
>Characters existing in a vacuum simply isn't very interesting.
You must hate No Exit.
>>
>>133146431
Shock value because her death made the show a dark mahou shoujo, instead of the apparently normal mahou shoujo it was before.
>>
>>133146884
All are self containers, start with which one you're more interested. Personally i would recommend Smile. Not the better, but not the worse, it's in a middle point
>>
>>133145787
The actual world setting in the YuYuYu franchise is far more interesting than the world(s) in the Magica franchise, I think.

In Madoka, the world is basically just the real world and we're told to suspend our disbelief and just accept that all major advancements in human society were due to teenage girls making monkey's paw contracts with aliens who want to prevent universal heat death. These girls get wishes and unwittingly kill each other and other humans. The universe gets reset to be exactly the same except some secret happenings get replaced with other secret happenings with the same results. Then it gets reset again to unclear parameters because of one girl's selfishness.

In YuYuYu, there's a huge conflict between gods, resulting in the majority of the world getting wiped out by space worms with only a small population being saved by the grace of the gods that sided with humanity. The world turns into a sheltered, domed theocracy that over the course of hundreds of years, censors any information of the outside world. Then one girl's selfishness throws the status quo off balance and the gig is up. Humanity has to stop playing defense in its losing battle of attrition.

The YuYuYu franchise's setting has a nice progression outside the scope of the main cast. It's a world worth exploring from different angles and I actually enjoy WaSuYu and NoWaYu because of it. You can see how WaSuYu and supposedly NoWaYu affect the story.

As far as Madoka's concerned, Kazami, Oriko, Suzune, and Tart kind of suck in how little an impact they actually have on the world, especially with two universe resets involved. The main story also shot itself in the foot with ramping expectations. The main series ended with an ascension to godhood and a universe reset. Rebellion ended with another ascension to devilhood and a universe reset. I want to see the hinted Sayaka vs. Homura conflict, but I fear they'll feel obligated to do yet another ascension and universe reset.
>>
File: 1158760384683.jpg (140KB, 640x1440px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1158760384683.jpg
140KB, 640x1440px
>>133146436
I'm really quite glad you said "after it".

Also that chart is stupid, but shhhh.
>>
>>133146876
How exactly the barrier worked wasn't really that important when talking about the basic concept of the show. The only relevant point was that a mostly normal life for normal people had to be ensured, because the value of said normal life was an important point of the anime. It could have been simply done like this:
- There is a barrier that protects a small part of the world from the vertexes of the outside world
- However the barrier is not perfect and the entity controlling the vertex will sometimes manage to send some of them through.
Or alternatively, the Shinju could have altered the newly created barrier in ways to aid the girls in their fighting thus resulting in appearntly different worlds every time. This is show has a fantasy setting. It's really not difficult to think of various ways to make the world more diverse.

>Dying beheaded in the first three episodes with only some scenes it's not development.
How the fuck does dying early have anything to do with shock value? In fact, IF there exists such a relation, wouldn't it rather be the other way around? Wouldn't the audience be more shocked when a character that they have come to know and care about dies, than when someone they only know for 3 episodes?
Also we later learn a lot about Mami, like how she had to live on her own, since her parents died and thus tried to appear mature and ladylike to convince herself and others that she is able to care for herself, while she in fact didn't and suffered from loneliness and how she "trained" Madoka and Sayaka so they could keep her company but also gave them a fair chance to decide their fate themselves.
>>
>>
I want to fuck Yuuna.
>>
>>133147841
I want to fuck Yu
>>
>>133147151
>just the real world
The real world is pretty fucking interesting if you ask me. Has a shit ton of details that no fantasy world can ever match. That's why if you create a fanatasy world you need to make up for that by adding other interestng stuff (like magic) that the real one doesn't have. Now that is what you are trying to do next, so don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on fantasy in general or something, just staing that saying "just the real world" isn't appropriate.

>and we're told to suspend our disbelief and just accept that all major advancements in human society were due to teenage girls making monkey's paw contracts with aliens who want to prevent universal heat death.
This was not said. It is said, that humanity wouldn't be where it is today, if it weren't for magical girls, so there were certainly quite some major achievements influenced by them (which makes sense since they can use MAGIC), but never that there were no important achievements by normal people.

>The universe gets reset to be exactly the same except some secret happenings get replaced with other secret happenings with the same results. Then it gets reset again to unclear parameters because of one girl's selfishness.
Basically, I don't really see how this a downside in itself, though.

>In YY
The YuYuYu franchise's setting has a nice progression outside the scope of the main cast....
We don't even know anything about the world, except through the characters eyes. We learned what they learned throughout the story, since it is heavily character focused. I have no idea where you are coming from here.

>As far as Madoka's concerned, Kazami, Oriko, Suzune, and Tart kind of suck in how little an impact they actually have on the world
Yes, everything bar the main series is prety unneccessary, maybe I should have made clear that I'm only talking about the TV series + Rebellion.
>>
>>133146955
Been a long time since I read it, my bad.
>>
>>133144122
But Urobuchi himself admitted Ryuki was a huge inspiration to him when he was writing Madoka.
>>
File: 1446338259093.jpg (83KB, 600x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446338259093.jpg
83KB, 600x600px
>>133137917
I'd rather have one thread a month than shitposting fests like these.
Please, don't ever put the word "Madoka" in the OP for a YuYuYu thread.
>>
>muh asspull
YuYuYu isn't about cripples you bloodthirsty retards, it' about KONJOU.
>>
>>133144122
>main character with highest potential who corrects everything in one shot
>dark haired friend who's willing to go to extreme acts to save her friend(s)
>young inexperienced girl gets kicked hard by the Mahou Shoujo system, serves as a martyr
>strong-headed blonde senpai who crumbles after learning about the truth
>latter introduced rebellious tsundere who sacrifices herself
>series with identical structure, episode 10 is centered about the dark-haired girl who reveals everything dark behind the series. Itsuki loses her voice around episode 7, which coincides with Sayaka's loss of sanity at this point

Damn.
>>
>>133149433
>all the characters are human girls
What the hell.
>>
>>133148104
>This was not said.
Kyubey literally said that humanity would likely be in caves without the intervention of the Incubators. Therefore, he claims that all major achievements by humanity were thanks at least indirectly to Incubator intervention (and the only Incubator intervention is the processing of magical girls).

>We learned what they learned throughout the story, since it is heavily character focused. I have no idea where you are coming from here.
>Yes, everything bar the main series is prety unneccessary, maybe I should have made clear that I'm only talking about the TV series + Rebellion.
That's the difference between Madoka and YuYuYu. You learn basically everything you need to know about the universe in an infodump from Kyubey, so basically nothing of the history of magical girls is interesting anymore, and the system has been pretty much exactly the same for all human history. The YuYuYu TV series purposefully leaves the characters in the dark about the whole truth of the world to keep it character focused, but it gives you enough teases to make you interested in that truth, and then it expands on those truths in the other multimedia facets of the franchise.

WaSuYu explains things like the broken Seto Ohashi Bridge, Tougou's past, the Inubouzaki parents' deaths, and more background to how the hero system works and why the fairy/mankai system was put in place.

NoWaYu goes further back and explains the initial Vertex invasion, the exodus into Shikoku, the forming of the Taisha, and the start of the human resistance.

Both novel series expand on the universe in ways that tangibly affect the main cast even without directly involving all of them. Unlike most of Madoka's expanded material which at most just gives characterization, and at worst, doesn't even matter in the long run. The Wraith Chapter might be substantial, but we already know that those events are superseded by Rebellion's ending, so it's hard to care.
>>
File: DSC00853.jpg (129KB, 800x637px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DSC00853.jpg
129KB, 800x637px
Made some sleeve cuffs for the uniform, I can't wait to hang it up for display because i have no mannequin to model it
>>
>>133149433
>tsundere
The fuck.
>>
I hope it either dies or gets S2 and shit soon, just so it runs out of content faster. Just so some people I know stop fucking talking about it non-stop. If it goes on forever I will kill them.
>>
>>133149433
>Yuuna/Madoka
Except that a big point of Madoka was that she didn't become a magical girl until the very end, whereas Yuuna jumps at the call and is always a participant in the world of magical girls. Madoka, meanwhile, can see the world of magical girls but still belongs to the human world (all that stuff about only puella magi having the right to have an opinion on anything magic-related). Also if you're claiming that Madoka invented the "hero has the highest potential" thing then you've clearly never consumed any piece of media in any form ever.

>Tougou/Homura
Except that Homura explicitly doesn't give two shits about anyone not named Madoka Kaname, whereas Tougou cares about all of her friends (and Yuuna to an extreme); in fact, this is why she makes the decisions that she makes near the end of the series. And a major part of Homura's character is that roughly 20 years worth of timeloops and seeing everyone's failures and weaknesses being displayed over and over have left her bitter and untrusting, whereas Tougou is very friendly and sociable and not shy at all.

>Itsuki/Sayaka
Sayaka isn't even young compared to the rest, just inexperienced. And the reasons why each one got "screwed over" are extremely different: Sayaka drowned in her ideals and her fall was largely due to her own actions and her short-sightedness, whereas Itsuki didn't actually do anything wrong and was just screwed by the system itself. Moreover, Itsuki never actually broke and showed arguably the strongest willpower out of anyone.

>Fuu/Mami
This is the most credible one, but Mami and Fuu have completely different motivations; Mami is driven to take in novice megucas and act as a mentor due to her intense loneliness, whereas Fuu just cares about her friends and wants to be a good guardian to Itsuki.

>Karin/Kyouko
Kyouko isn't even a tsundere, what are you doing.
>>
>>133149534
Nice retort.

>>133149830
Well, I know that classifying characters into archetypes doesn't do most of them justice but Kyouko is evidently ill-intentioned at first and very territorial, which goes for the "tsun", albeit not caused by prior feelings for the main characters.
She falls for Sayaka over time in almost every timeline and dies soon after (usually as a "You won't be alone" compassion act) which goes for the "dere". She must be one of the few good tsundere, so much that people never ever think of putting her on that list.

>>133150063
I hope it dies. The series was nice, but the yuri overload from the following works killed it for me.
>>
>>133149433
>corrects everything
The world is still fucked, and the only reason the girls are less fucked now is because of Tougou's actions, not Yuuna cleaning up.

>willing to go to extreme acts to save her friend(s)
If Homura's idea of "saving" Madoka was the same as Tougou's idea was, then Homura would've just shot Madoka before she made a contract and called it a day.

>young inexperienced girl gets kicked hard by the Mahou Shoujo system, serves as a martyr
Not even sure who you're referring to here in either case.

>strong-headed blonde senpai who crumbles after learning about the truth
Mami wasn't strong-headed. In episode 3, we learn she was just putting up a facade to cover her loneliness and convince Madoka and Sayaka to join her.

>latter introduced rebellious tsundere who sacrifices herself
Karin isn't rebellious. She's a tryhard stickler for the rules who prides herself in doing things the proper way. She's basically a government agent, even.

>episode 10 is centered about the dark-haired girl who reveals everything dark behind the series.
Madoka invented giving revelations right before the climax of the story, I see. It was Sonoko who made the revelations, though.

> Itsuki loses her voice around episode 7, which coincides with Sayaka's loss of sanity at this point
And in episode 7 of Haruhi, the Computer Club loses its president. And in Episode 10 of Haruhi, the dark-haired Asakura reveals the dark secret that she's an alien.
And in episode 7 of Nanoha A's, Fate loses her Linker Core. And in Episode 10, the dark-haired men reveal that they're actually girls and then they reveal everything about the series' plot about the Book of Darkness.

Damn.
>>
>>133150655
>This series appeals to a genre I don't enjoy, therefore I hope it dies
>>
>>133150655
Kyouko was just a jerk, not a tsundere. There was nothing tsun about her, if anything she's extremely honest with her feelings.
>>
do you guys always have these Madoka vs Yuyuyu arguments?

Also how come the girls didn't kiss in Yuyuyu?
>>
>>133150655
If the series isn't your thing what are you even doing here. That's what the series is, too bad for you, it won't change.
>>
>>133150739
They almost do
>>
>>133150739
No always, only when someone makes OPs like this
>>
>>133150780
How can they kiss if their mouths are on the same side of their faces?
>>
File: 1420354131555.png (44KB, 162x202px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420354131555.png
44KB, 162x202px
>>133150865
Girl Power
>>
>>133137917
It didn't catch on?
>>
>>133147891
>>133147891
Me too
>>
>>133143277
Madoka's fanbase is awful and shits on everything else because half of their enjoyment of it originated from the idea that it was this brilliant, unique and unprecedented deconstruction and need to cling to the idea that the rest of the genre is either garbage or a poor clone of it to justify their own feelings of superiority.

Otherwise, the series is almost as bad as typical Keyshit in prioritising melodrama over characterisation in every possible stupid way.
>>
>>133150932
If it didn't break sales records, it's a flop.
If it breaks sales records, it's mainstream trash.
>>
File: Tougou Bye.png (76KB, 280x284px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Tougou Bye.png
76KB, 280x284px
>>133149174
Pretty much, but it's too late now. See you for 4komas and NoWaYu.

>>133149793
Cute.
>>
>>133149793
Be a man and wear it.
>>
>>133146925
>Why do you believe they're paper thin?
That you have to ask only proves your stupidity.

>Are plot twists bad?
When the whole plot is driven by arbitrary shit that can be explained away as just how the universe happens to work and powers that can be said to be whatever the writers need them to be, yes that is bad.
>>
I thought we had got over Madoka comparisons after people called Pleiades, a franchise as old as meguka, a Madoka clone.
>>
>>133137917
it was shit
>>
>>133142750
It's a picture by the same artist with two different portrayals of a scene

Don't take it so seriously
>>
>>133149433
Are You talking about Heart Catch Precure?
>>
>>133137917
Mediocre and shit, just like madoka. The difference is that takhackiro is nowhere near as relevant as edgebutcher.
>>
I'm glad we still discuss YuYuYu. The show deserves it.
>>
>>133149751
>That's the difference between Madoka and YuYuYu.

I thought that the difference was that Madoka deconstructed the magical girl genre.
YuYuYu deconstructed the magical girl.
>>
File: bundotic_V3.jpg (98KB, 442x700px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bundotic_V3.jpg
98KB, 442x700px
>>133143735

I'm so behind the curve.

Where did you get this? Is that Yuuna? What if she is not but she truly is? Can a Vertex Hybrid be the key for a future, if highly unlikely, peace for Humanity?
>>
I want to fuck Yuuna.
>>
>>133153649
http://pastebin.com/2wvjCyrV
>>
File: NoMorePLS.png (97KB, 300x1044px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
NoMorePLS.png
97KB, 300x1044px
>>133149174

Egg-kun.

What's wrong with your face?
>>
Yuna doesnt make any sense. How do people not know outside is like that? Where does the industry and manufacturing come from? hardly enough space to grow all that food. It is like some matrix level bullshit.

qt girls and good designs though.
>>
>>133154448

>How do people not know outside is like that?
Because they're not Heroes. It's not like they can just jump over the wall.

>Where does the industry and manufacturing come from?
Shinju.
>>
>>133154532
They have cars, and boats still exist.people climb walls all the time. So no ones droven past? Womdered why they font get news from the other parts of the country/world anymore?

>god does it
God makes them cars, gasoline, plastic, bikinis?
>>
>>133154763
>Womdered why they font get news from the other parts of the country/world anymore?

Why on earth would they wonder why they don't get news from somewhere they think has been ravaged by a deadly virus?
>>
>>133154824
>the whole world is ravaged by a virus
>but no no ones gone to find out more lets kust keep up as normal

Yeah thats not how it has ever or will ever work.
>>
>>133155071
One, that's not what you asked. Two, it's a theocracy surrounded on all sides by water and a massive sheer wall, where everyone believes that the rest of the world has been destroyed anyway and if it's even possible for non-heroes to pass through the barrier, they'd get either fried to a crisp or eaten instantly, and nobody would believe them anyway.

You're looking for plot holes, and you're not even doing a good job of it.
>>
File: 1418135426300.png (651KB, 950x1306px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418135426300.png
651KB, 950x1306px
>>133154763
Yes.
>>
>>133155237
Your just defending a huge plot hole, because it makes no real sense at all. Look, I liked Yuki Yuna but still accept that it has glaring plot holes. That is the largest.
>>
>>133155369
What about what I just said makes no sense? There's no reason to go there, it's difficult or impossible for normal humans to do so, and if they somehow can they they're either dead (most likely) or treated like a lunatic. This is not a plot hole, this is you trying to be Frodo and failing.
>>
>>133155491
>no reason
Humans wanting to know what happened, find or see survivors, escape oppression via a weird tree cult. All kinds of reasons.
>difficult
So is clombing mt everest but people do it every year
>dead or treated like a lunatic
Closest to acceptable answers
>failing
Not really. You just refuse to accept it. Hell, even if its all type lips by the govt etc, you would still have /pol/ and /x/ types trying to figure it out or leave or cause an uproar. It wouldnt just be normal people going about their lives as if nothibg had happened- especially if they think a deadly virus has them in quaranteen.
>>
>>133155642
>Humans wanting to know what happened, find or see survivors, escape oppression via a weird tree cult.
They've been told what happened and taught it as history by the priests of their theocratic society for hundreds of years. And what "oppression"? You're inventing supposition for no apparent reason but to justify your own cleverness.

>So is clombing mt everest but people do it every year
Everest is a completely sheer magical god-wall surrounded by a dimensional barrier?

>Closest to acceptable answers
You mean "obviously true".

>Hell, even if its all type lips by the govt etc, you would still have /pol/ and /x/ types trying to figure it out or leave or cause an uproar.
And just like in real life, they're real good at getting to the bottom of things, never spout complete paranoid nonsense, and everyone believes them.

>especially if they think a deadly virus has them in quaranteen.
It's been just how things are for hundreds of years. Societies adapt, and for everyone there, life on Shikoku IS normal and has worked like that for generations.

You aren't being clever. You're being bullheaded.
>>
File: campione!-bunbun.jpg (809KB, 5019x5513px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
campione!-bunbun.jpg
809KB, 5019x5513px
>>133155642

Well, one of the plot points in the after words is that the Shinju comes to believe that Humanity just wanted a peaceful end inside the barrier. This is changed after the actions of the Heroes in the final episodes of the anime and the Tree now sees that Humans do indeed want more than just survive inside a cage.

The very fact that the Shinju developed such point of view could come to the fact that people have been relatively content with the life inside the barrier hence why no reports (yet) of normal people wanting to "escape" to see the outside world. Other than, maybe, isolated cases which do have the potential for a short side-story.
>>
>>133155928
>They've been told what happened and taught it as history by the priests of their theocratic society for hundreds of years. And what "oppression"? You're inventing supposition for no apparent reason but to justify your own cleverness.
>It's been just how things are for hundreds of years. Societies adapt, and for everyone there, life on Shikoku IS normal and has worked like that for generations.
and people never go against the belief systems of their elders, particularly after hundreds of years?

>Everest is a completely sheer magical god-wall surrounded by a dimensional barrier?

someone would want to know wtf it is then, as viruses dont cause that

>>133155982
>The very fact that the Shinju developed such point of view could come to the fact that people have been relatively content with the life inside the barrier hence why no reports (yet) of normal people wanting to "escape" to see the outside world. Other than, maybe, isolated cases which do have the potential for a short side-story.

at least acknowledge not everyone would be ok with 'knowing' the outside world is dead and not wanting to find out after hundreds of years would be enough for me. A news caster going, 'hey, maybe chinas not so unsafe after all. wonder what happened to america lol. we tried sending some recon but a magical barrier stopped us. weird shit m i right?'
>>
Tell me about Chikage

Why does she play the viyda
>>
>>133156501

>and people never go against the belief systems of their elders, particularly after hundreds of years?
I would imagine it to be fairly rare in long-standing theocracies with demonstrable divine favor - and if someone does, they're pretty unlikely to succeed. They certainly don't have good enough chances to call it a plot hole and any world in which the whole thing isn't common knowledge as ridiculous and implausible.

>someone would want to know wtf it is then, as viruses dont cause that
Don't cause... what? You, uh, did watch the show, right? You know there's this tree thing called the "Shinju" in it that protects the island with a barrier, right?
>>
>>133156683
>and if someone does, they're pretty unlikely to succeed.
But you're likely to succeed if you try!
>>
File: Gin SWEETS.png (49KB, 202x249px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Gin SWEETS.png
49KB, 202x249px
>>133155249
I have come to the realization that I haven't done many of these for Gin.
>>
>>133156761
Unless you're Tougou.
>>
>>133156683
In the show, at least, the barrier is just shown as a mirage of sorts. Im assuming regular people cant make it through, so Im talking about what would happen if someone were to try/ fly a helicopter or some such through it. or past it. unless the closer you get like a video game god just goes 'your leaving the playing field please return'.
>>
>>133143735

Who is gay for who in this?
>>
>>133156798
They're paired in order, just change the girl with brown eyes with the blonde.
>>
File: nowayugay.png (911KB, 1650x874px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nowayugay.png
911KB, 1650x874px
>>133156798
>>
File: 1446176803855.jpg (354KB, 1518x1920px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446176803855.jpg
354KB, 1518x1920px
Do you ever wish you were a beautiful but introverted lesbian who harbors a secret love for her only close friend?
>>
>>133156796
>what would happen if someone were to try/ fly a helicopter or some such through it
They would get eaten by the Stardust, duh.
>>
>>133156958
>chikage
>beautiful
>scarred ear
0/10 would not hold hands with
>>
>>133149174
Also don't ever put the word 'YuYuYu' in a WIXOSS thread.
>>
>>133137917
I think the ending to the anime was too "good". The best endings are bittersweet, but they took out all the bitterness.

I don't think the entire world should have been destroyed, or that the girls should have all become paralyzed Hellen Kellers, but surely some consequences could have remained. Maybe the very first losses they experienced could have been permanent at least.
>>
>>133156958
Why would I ever wish to be a bullied victim who never gets her love and dream fulfilled?
>>
File: 1439098080424.jpg (912KB, 1920x1400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1439098080424.jpg
912KB, 1920x1400px
>>133157049

I think all they had to do was only "hint" at Yuna's recovery, as opposed to fully showing it AND the aftermath.

Let's say, the series ends with the Togo crying on the bench and saying why did Yuna lie even though she promised to stay with her, then the very last scene of the show is Yuna saying Tou-go-san before the screen fades to black.
>>
>>133157162
This show had an actual fucking epilogue, instead of cutting to the credits the instant the last story development was over. Don't take that away from me.
>>
>>133151867
>That you have to ask only proves your stupidity.
5 star post, old boy.
>>
>>133157162
That would have been quite a bit better. It wouldn't guarantee a full recovery right off the bat, either.

Everyone likes happy endings I suppose, but they could stand to be a bit less hamfisted.
>>
>>133157368

I'm happy it ended happy, but I can see the appeal of the sort of bittersweet ending with a last minute string of hope attached to it.

It's quite poetic and sweet when done correctly.

All these side materials are great and I like some of the girls, but the main series needs something new to keep the interest going.
>>
File: Gin Laughing.png (52KB, 184x199px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Gin Laughing.png
52KB, 184x199px
>>
>>133157418
>side materials
>main series
As per Takahiro's words, Nowayu is its own story, not just a side material, the same goes for Wasuyu. They are all part of the Yusha de aru series.
>>
File: recovery.jpg (73KB, 890x362px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
recovery.jpg
73KB, 890x362px
>>133157416
That just tells us what we already knew - it's not about how much the ending showed us, it's about how rushed it was with only half an episode to get through the whole convalescence and daily-life epilogue for everyone. It needed another episode to do that without being ridiculously sudden, and I think everyone agreed with that already.

>>133157592
As per what literally everyone knows outside of marketing speak, Nowayu is backstory for the main series. Hell, the biggest discussion point so far is what it's going to tell us about Yuuna.
>>
File: 20151105112536.png (33KB, 795x439px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20151105112536.png
33KB, 795x439px
>>133157049
>I think the ending to the anime was too "good". The best endings are bittersweet, but they took out all the bitterness.
My sides, madokafags think they're some sort of enlightened race that they judges the anime is good because how "bittersweet" or "unenjoyable" it is. Seriously get the fuck out of here.

Pic much related, this is an example how retarded madokafags can be.
>>
>>133157680
>Enjoyment 5
>Overall 10
>>
>>133157680
This conversation literally has nothing to do with Madoka. Please stop using strangers on the internet to justify your rage boners.
>>
File: 1419273252381.jpg (108KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419273252381.jpg
108KB, 1024x576px
>>133157162
That just would've been half-assing it and trying too hard. Like the other anon said, I think a bittersweet ending would have been perfect for this series; a show about heroes who sacrifice themselves for their friends and the world the know and love. But unlike Madoka, where there were permanent, severe consequences to these sacrifices, everything is reverted back to normal. It successfully defeats the purpose of the first 11 episodes.
If they were going to go with the whole Hero System 2.0 thing, they should have had the girls retain their injuries, but have peace knowing that no one will have to go through it again; that their own pain and suffering was for something.
>>133157680
I have never understood this arguement. Do YuYuYu fans not like Madoka? I'm sure you do to an extent. Could you imagine if right before the end credits, Madoka jumps behind Homu and hugs her? How insulted would you be?
>>
>>133157946
I think the threads made most of /a/ hate Madoka, even if the show isn't that bad.
>>
>>133158057
/a/ on the whole doesn't hate Madoka. They just hate hearing about it. I'm sure that most people who finished the series did it because they enjoyed it to some extent.
>>
>>133158057
Fair enough, those tripfags can fuck right off. It's a damn shame, Madoka is my single favorite show.
>>
>>133157946
I am never going to understand people who insist that overcoming a hardship is the same as it never having happened. The show was about the importance of restoring their normal lives, not how great sacrificing yourself is.
>>
>>133137917
> why didn't a clone catch on like the original ?

kek
>>
>>133158193
Overcoming hardship is one thing, but having your hardships erased by literal godmodding is another.
>>
>>133158371
It's okay to be given hardships by a god, but not to use the human spirit and unflinching bravery to intimidate and impress that same god into fixing the system? That doesn't count as overcoming?
>>
>>133158371

The main problem is the fact that Shinju was perfectly capable of doing his thing without sacrificial limbs

So why didnt he

We could come up with a million fan theories but the lack of concrete, straight to the point explanation probably ticks off some people
>>
>>133158193
If one of the themes was "restoring your normal life," they could've done a better job at it. Sure, the Shinju council or whatever tell them that they are "working" on getting back what they lost, but it's obvious that they aren't and the girls come to terms with that. Then, the continue to go Mankai. Hell, in the end, it wasn't even about "how great sacrificing yourself is," because they get it all back.
>>
>>133158418
I certainly think that being able to use human spirit to influence a god is fantastic concept. However, the "fix" to the system seemed very strange and sudden.

>>133158453
This is basically it. I mean, yes, all the enemies were defeated so no one had to fight anymore. So no more sacrifices had to be made from that point on. But those previous sacrifices were already given. If they had to be taken to use Shinju-sama's power, what powers were used to return them? Were there other unfortunate people who became sacrifices to reward the heroes?
>>
>>133157124

Because it's beautiful.
>>
>>133158523
>in the end, it wasn't even about "how great sacrificing yourself is," because they get it all back

Yeah, the entire situation with Togo was about how there was no one else to stand between these monsters and humanity. Needs of the many, and all that. What's a little suffering in the face of the destruction of all humanity?

But nope. Fuck that. Everything's back to normal, as if it never happened.
>>
>>133158453
Each limb is a new fairy.
>>
>>133158523
In the end, Tougou is only talked down because Yuuna promises her that they won't have to lose each other. That's no so much coming to terms with sacrifice as it is ceasing to give up on the genki MC finding a third option.
>>
>>133158814
>>Yeah, the entire situation with Togo was about how there was no one else to stand between these monsters and humanity.

And it was resolved by changing exactly that. Now humanity WILL be able to fight for its own survival and there are others to stand with them.
>>
>>133158866
The Yuushas in the anime don't know that though, do they? At least, not until the very end?
>>
>>133158866
What? No, they still believed they were sacrificing themselves. They resolved it by sacrificing everything they had to offer, over and over again. It was only in the end that Shinju gave it all back. There was no conception that they would be allowing humanity to fend for itself by doing this.
>>
>>133137917
It's pretty big though.
>>
>>133146394
>STANDING HERE
>>
>>133159046
What on earth has their knowledge got to do with it? They forced Shinju to acknowledge the power of the Hero Club and of humanity, and as a direct result of that, there was a solution to all of humanity's burdens being placed on sacrifices. That's not "as if nothing happened", that's "as if the core of the issue has been fixed, just not in the direction you were expecting".
>>
>>133137917
I don’t mean to beat it to death, but since the show did, I don’t see why I should hold back. The biggest issue with this show is that every single little thing was designed for angst, no matter how little sense it made, quintuply so in the face of the godawful ending. That in itself still might have worked, except it was all posturing and lip service. “If we fight, we might get hurt!” “By the monsters trying to kill us?” “No, by God.” The characters acted with absolutely zero awareness of anything. Victories, defeats, gravity of the situation, nada. It’s not that they were in a situation where they were getting screwed at every turn that made them insufferable, it’s that they refused to do anything about it. Not only that, they presented trying to better themselves so they wouldn’t be punished by God anymore as a bad thing. Then they couldn’t even stick to that, with everyone spontaneously getting better at the end, making all the pissing on for the last month of the show about the horrible sacrifices they had to make just flat out lies.

Production was okay for the most part, but it needed a real antagonist other than “the universe” and there is simply way too much faffing about, either friendship nonsense at the start or melodrama nonsense in the later going. The monsters were never really a threat to anything, and you’d think with the designs, they would have at least chomped something. A little visceral impact or danger from them would have gone a very very long way over the writers simply spooning out angst. It’s a mess and they couldn’t even commit to their bad melodrama in the end, leaving even that completely hollow.
>>
>>133159201
If you really don't realize why a conscious sacrifice has anything to do with it, I don't see this conversation going anywhere.
>>
>>133159586
If you prefer to make smug, self-satisfied comments about how clever you are instead of explaining your points, then neither do I.

If the driving force behind their need to sacrifice themselves is that nobody else is standing with them, and their actions lead to others being able to stand with them, then that problem as been resolved, regardless of whether they planned that outcome or simply chose to believe that things would work out if they did the right thing - you know, like Yuuna says over and over again.
>>
>>133158453
lol god does what he wants bitch
>>
>>133156501
>>weird shit m i right?

No. It would actually make for a nice, if potentially wildly different in it's theme, side story. I can see a boy Karin's Brother wishing to do more in life than just begin under the Taisha, traveling to the barrier and discovering a part of the truth of the world. Then, after begin discovered by the Taisha, he is forced to join them and, to add insult to injury, carry his potentially useful little sister with him.

A point of view of the world underneath the sheltered garden of the Heroes would do wonders the setting.
>>
>>133159224
>That in itself still might have worked, except it was all posturing and lip service.
What does that even mean? A major part of the show was about dealing with the impact their fighting has on their lives.

>it’s that they refused to do anything about it.
...Other than the two that did?

> Not only that, they presented trying to better themselves so they wouldn’t be punished by God anymore as a bad thing
Who "tried to better themselves"?

>The characters acted with absolutely zero awareness of anything.
I don't know what this is referring to. They certainly talk about the consequences of their fights and what they're fighting for often enough.

>making all the pissing on for the last month of the show about the horrible sacrifices they had to make just flat out lies
Once again, getting something back is not the same as never losing it. Losing and then returning the characters' daily lives is key to the emotions the show wants to convey.

>friendship nonsense at the start
Why the fuck are you watching a magical girl show in the first place, especially one explicitly written as a slice of life? Are you some kind of grimdark Madoka fa-

>A little visceral impact or danger from them would have gone a very very long way
Ah, I see.
>>
>>133160194
Not that anon, but I see where you're coming from. But still, the writers are obviously hinting more at the fact that the Shinju worshipers are never going to fix the Yuusha System, and that the girls are willing to Mankai not just for the power advantage, but because the rest of their friends are. If the writers changed the girls' mentality more towards "Believe in them, they will fix the system and we will turn back to normal" and less towards "I am willing to sacrifice whatever it takes to preserve the lives of my friends and my town," then the last episode wouldn't have felt so hamfisted.
>>
>>133160963
It's less about believing in the Taisha, and more about believing in Yuuna and the club tenets. That's especially true if we're just talking about Tougou's issue - in their fight, Yuuna starts to give her "that's what it means to be a hero!" speech and is completely shut down. It's only when she repeatedly promises that they won't HAVE to sacrifice each other at all that Tougou is able to recover from her despair.
>>
>>133161167
Fair enough, the club tenets definitely compliment your argument. I just don't think it wasn't prevalent enough to justify the last episode.
>>
File: karin thanks.gif (135KB, 500x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
karin thanks.gif
135KB, 500x300px
I would be okay with the ending if it had another episode.
>>
File: TokiYuuna.jpg (673KB, 2046x1926px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
TokiYuuna.jpg
673KB, 2046x1926px
>>133161900

That would be for the best but just 10 more minutes to better develop the second half would have been more than enough.
>>
>>133161892
I don't think anyone would disagree that the last episode was rushed.
>>
>>133162135
>Episode 12 ends with Yuuna as a log while Tougou cries.
They should have done this.
>>
>>133162191
They'd have to draw out the fight quite a lot for that to work. I think it'd end with a post-ED stinger hinting that they might be starting to recover very slightly, then 13 would be about that, with the Yuuna-Tougou scene about halfway through.
>>
>>133157946
>Do YuYuYu fans not like Madoka?
Madoka came over very cold and sterile; I found it hard to care for characters who were mainly being whiny bitches, and just dropped it out of boredom, about the time they discovered they had been uploaded to their Soul Gems.

YuYuYu was much more successful at answering the main question "who are these people, and why should I care?"
>>
>>133155249
Is there a batch for these in the pastebin?
>>
File: waterfall.jpg (182KB, 643x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
waterfall.jpg
182KB, 643x800px
>>
>>133137917

Generic HEALING.

And the fact it was multi-media, I enjoyed the anime as it was setting up a world and being blunt about it being a happy end without actually going into the lore.

I'm just a lazy fuck and haven't read the sonoko (or what ever) LNs and all this new shit with reincarnation or something, that and the vita/psp games were just fluffy SoL shit instead of dealing with the lore.
>>
File: 1419376249331.png (915KB, 640x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419376249331.png
915KB, 640x1080px
>>
File: schoolgirl(bunbun).jpg (52KB, 1000x930px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
schoolgirl(bunbun).jpg
52KB, 1000x930px
>>
>>133164763
Why is BunBuns art so great, why doesn't he draw more Yuuna, even this look-alike looks cool as fuck
>>
>>133140539
So, just like Madoka?
>>
>>133165363

It really has a nice style to it.
>>
>>133156958
I wish I was a beautiful and introverted lesbian's best friend so that I could return her love and give her the ultimate happiness
>>
File: image.png (31KB, 704x346px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
31KB, 704x346px
>It didn't catch on
It is not only the studio's best seller but also the producer's best selling show in two years (Probably more, I didn't check 2013-)
>>
>>133157946
Madoka is one of my favorite series, but the threads are utter irredeemable shit and the fanbase is tumblr-tier.

YuYuYu threads are much better and comfier when Crack-kun isn't shitting everything up.
>>
>>133166740
>Hibike got S2
>Magical Boys got S2
>Show by Rock will probably get a S2 before yuyuyu
Takahiro torture me on the most meta ways
>>
I want to fuck Yuuna.
>>
>>133167118
Go commit sudoku, Togo.
>>
File: Yuuna_01.png (208KB, 320x361px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Yuuna_01.png
208KB, 320x361px
I came for a YYY thread. What the hell is going on here? Whose idea was it to put Madoka in the OP anyway? This is never a good idea. Ever. In no imaginable context.
>>
File: 1435167682693.jpg (338KB, 2516x928px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435167682693.jpg
338KB, 2516x928px
Can we all at least agree that the Hero Club would beat the crap out of the Holly Quintet?
>>
>>133167553
Itsuki alone has the firepower to bondage Brazilian night to death.
>>
File: 1421409783191.png (669KB, 580x610px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421409783191.png
669KB, 580x610px
>>133167782
>Itsuki will never punish your dick
>>
>>133167336
Protip: This isn't a yuyuyu thread but only one more version of the many madoka low quality threads that started being posted on the last few days
>>
File: guaranteed replies.png (1MB, 1636x2400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
guaranteed replies.png
1MB, 1636x2400px
>>133168036
It's a YuYuYu thread now
>>
>>133157034
I don't think the YuYuYu fanbase has any tension with the WIXOSS fanbase.
Although as a whole we tend to get along way better with Symphogear anyway.
>>
>>133169234
I thought the first season of WIXOSS was pretty fun (if having some stupid plot holes), but I've heard that the second season is awful. Also I wanted them to show how Ruu actually was a battoru genius through card mechanics and stuff.

The openings are god-tier, though.
>>
>>133169410
WIXOSS S2 didn't live up to the standard of S1, but I fucking died when Ruu just stood up and ran away in the middle of a card battle. Deconstruction of the srs bsns toy battle genre right there.
>>
>>133169747
That was amazing.
The revelation as to why selectors and LRIGs even appeared a pissy ghost of an autistic girl was too hilarious.
>>
>>133169747
I just didn't get how glasses-chan (who had lost her memories of her friends and couldn't think about them without physical pain suddenly got everything fixed.
>>
>>133137917
No Homerun.

>arguably better payoff
I bet you like Mai Hime ending too.
>>
>>133169747
>Wixoss S1
Was crap.
>>
>>133137917

Because the ending was a big cop-out. They were in an impossible situation, and the ending simply went "Yeah, it's going to be okay." None of the characters took any positive action towards the ending. In fact, they were the ones who nearly brought about the end of the world.

It's a happy ending out of nowhere, which is nonsensical. It's like, instead of the magic fading away at the end of the Lord of the Rings, the elves decided to stay. Or if Kerry at the end of Fate/Zero had the Grail suddenly go "You know what? I'll give you a happy ending. Complete global disarmament has been achieved, your wife is alive again, and so are your dad and your mother-figure. So is the hot brown girl, and she's up for a three-way."

I'm not saying it's a bad show. I'm saying, however, that the ending sucks because the conclusion is arbitary. It's like how WIXOSS ending fixed all the problems...somehow, with no real explanation.
>>
>>133169903
>being an anime-only secondary

YuYuYu was a cross-media product. The anime ending makes perfect sense if you actually read the LN.
>>
>>133170070

They forgave her awfully easily for trying to destroy the world in what was basically a temper tantrum.
>>
>>133137917
>>133138267

YYY had no Ume Aoki, no Inu Curry, no Kalafina, no Urebochi, no Aoi Yuuki and no SHAFT.

Many of the elements of Madoka were stellar or at least extremely well-regarded, which allowed the producing a success it wouldn't have enjoyed otherwise.

Also, is it just me or was the last SHAFT show that performed sorta badly Dance in the Vampire Bund?
>>
>>133170098
Tougou was basically right, though. Had things continued the way they did, the yuushas would've ended up as logs and the world would probably have been destroyed anyway.

Tougou's actions basically scared the fuck out of both the Taisha and the Shinju, while Yuuna's bravery convinced the Shinju that humans could actually take on the Vertex.

Also Tougou did have everyone's best interest at heart, unlike Homura who at that point was perfectly willing to let everyone else die horribly to save Madoka.
>>
>>133170389

Saving Madoka IS saving the world. The moment Madoka becomes a Witch, the world ends.
>>
>>133170411
If Homura really wanted to save the world she would kill Madoka once and for all.

Oriko was right
>>
>>133170489

Rebellion was really a movie that didn't need to be made. The ending felt very tacked-on: It's like you can tell EXACTLY where Gen stops writing and the merchandising machine takes over.

You know, Togo does have one good thing about her: She's insanely hot. She's basically pure fetish material. Fucking her, especially when she's still crippled - preferably in that costume - would feel amazing.
>>
>>133170609

If you have a friend like Homura, you have a bad friend.
>>
File: 51258078_p0.png (1MB, 1500x1104px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
51258078_p0.png
1MB, 1500x1104px
>>
>>133137917
It flopped out of proportion at the end, not to mention the overall quality, production value, and depth being nowhere close to the Madoka series

And above all it tried to be a second shot of Madoka and has become what it meant to be. So there isn't really much to complain about this I guess
>>
File: 1418100970360.jpg (38KB, 854x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418100970360.jpg
38KB, 854x480px
>>133170685
>>
File: 1421727370919.png (326KB, 456x386px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421727370919.png
326KB, 456x386px
>madoka bait in the OP
>madokafags everywhere
>people actually arguing with homuhater
Please keep your cancerous fanbase out of my YuYuYu. Most madokafags probably don't even like SoL and CGDCT in general.
>>
File: 52716282_p0.jpg (1MB, 3315x3102px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
52716282_p0.jpg
1MB, 3315x3102px
>>
File: 1418363634236.jpg (291KB, 689x950px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418363634236.jpg
291KB, 689x950px
>>
File: 1419335361965.jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419335361965.jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
>>133170781
>>
File: 1420753043850.png (171KB, 450x449px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420753043850.png
171KB, 450x449px
>>133170763
The best I can do for you is reply with smug Tougou to help this awful thread hit bump limit faster.
>>
File: 1417892624555.png (146KB, 585x439px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417892624555.png
146KB, 585x439px
>>133170800
>>
In better news, that BDrip floating on nyaa has scans of the artbook. Not photos, scans.
>>
File: 1418729780404.jpg (284KB, 900x810px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418729780404.jpg
284KB, 900x810px
>>
File: 1439555046020.gif (955KB, 316x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1439555046020.gif
955KB, 316x200px
>>133170702
>depth
>>
I don't think Madoka is actually that popular is it? I just thought it had an unbelievably rabid fanbase.
>>
>>133170853
Which one?
>>
>>133170919
FLSnow.
They all come in some weird WebP format though, so prepare to convert.
>>
>>133170958
Which file? All of the [Scan][WebP-Lossless] files? This seems to have everything and then some.
>>
>>133171034
That's Butcher-kun for you.

I won't touch a single series with his name on it.
>>
File: 1421790305730.png (257KB, 692x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421790305730.png
257KB, 692x720px
>>133170939
>>
File: yZhdsBT.jpg (80KB, 626x618px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
yZhdsBT.jpg
80KB, 626x618px
>>133170958
What a nice disc.
>>133171069
Correct, the archives.
>>
>>133171103
Gaim was pretty decent though.
>>
Surprisingly unbroken English.
>>
>>133171034
>like Rebellion because of how Homura ruined everything
>people hate Rebellion because of how Homura ruined everything
>the people who like Rebellion think Homura fixed everything
Attempting to discuss the movie with /a/ was maddening.
>>
>>133170888
Madoka gives quite huge room for interpretation and discussion. That's one aspect of depth, no matter what your hipsterism commands you to think, /a/non
>>
File: 1440829047098.png (70KB, 199x314px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440829047098.png
70KB, 199x314px
>>133171174
>>
>>133171034
Rebellion is a love it or hate it thing, there's plenty of people who love it. Don't project your hate onto everybody.
>>
File: 1418965245292.png (237KB, 746x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418965245292.png
237KB, 746x720px
>>133171211
Absolutely disgraceful
>>
File: 1417923436526.jpg (63KB, 705x853px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417923436526.jpg
63KB, 705x853px
>>
File: 1428442708539.jpg (2MB, 3969x5613px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1428442708539.jpg
2MB, 3969x5613px
>>
File: 1420466829989.jpg (52KB, 227x319px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420466829989.jpg
52KB, 227x319px
>>133171451
>>
>>133170037
>The anime ending makes perfect sense if you actually read the LN

This is appalling.
>>
File: 1419808761907.png (713KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419808761907.png
713KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>133171763
What, reading?
>>
File: 1375207339730.jpg (82KB, 380x376px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1375207339730.jpg
82KB, 380x376px
>>133171574
Holy Shinju!
>>
File: 1419848419191.jpg (329KB, 1765x1647px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419848419191.jpg
329KB, 1765x1647px
>>
>>133171632
Karin-chan is cute! CUTE!!
>>
File: CNs-Zw9VEAAeHHN.jpg (149KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CNs-Zw9VEAAeHHN.jpg
149KB, 1000x1500px
>>
>>133171804
This makes as much sense as requiring DLC in vidya to get a proper experience. This bullshit is liteally /v/ tier.
>>
>>
File: CRIEC5YUwAE2exI.jpg (37KB, 621x792px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CRIEC5YUwAE2exI.jpg
37KB, 621x792px
>>
>>133171882
The LN prequel came before the anime
>abloobloo I have to take literally 5 minutes to read an epilogue
>>
>>133171956
>non-canon
It just proves you haven't read it.
>>
>>133170385
>Also, is it just me or was the last SHAFT show that performed sorta badly Dance in the Vampire Bund?
Why did it perform badly?
>>
>>133171956
>non-canon

>>133172031
>loli protag
take a wild guess
>>
File: n435_222.jpg (126KB, 450x439px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
n435_222.jpg
126KB, 450x439px
>>
>>133171882
This makes as much sense as reading the Iliad before the Odyssey.
>>
>>133171981
>The LN prequel came before the anime
This only makes the show even more guilty.
>abloobloo I have to take literally 5 minutes to read an epilogue
Congrats on missing the whole point.
>>
File: CNlUJtfVEAEG4Sw.jpg (59KB, 600x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CNlUJtfVEAEG4Sw.jpg
59KB, 600x500px
>>
>>133172079
People were expected to read the LN and watch the anime concurrently, the fans would be expected to read any other LNs. It was always a multimedia franchise
>>
>>133172062
>take a wild guess
Yeah but how would it perform badly in Japan?
>>
>>133172131
But it is canon, why do you have the idea it isn't? Just because it's not animated?
>>
>>133172079
>guilt
There's not guilt. It's how they chose to sell, and the consumers can chose to buy it or not. Turns out the consumers are buying it. If you don't like the way it's presented, fine, you don't, that's all there is to it.

Personally I think you're just being stubborn and a tidbit stupid.
>>
>>133172131
Sonoko After expands on the conclusion of the anime.

The anime itself makes several references to the events of Washio Sumi; the anime itself makes no sense if Washio Sumi isn't canon.
>>
>>133171882
>>133172079
Comparing it to DLC is bullshit. It's different parts of one story complementing one another. And the franchise's success alone is enough to show that there is a market for this kind of format. They're not fooling anyone either, it's been like this since the start and you only have yourself to blame if you ignored this.
>>
>>133172131
Did you miss the whole Sonoko ordeal?
>>
>>133172153
The time for loli protags in Japan is long gone outside of a small niche. Just look at how Lances n' Masques is doing
>>
>>133172180
People like you accepting and even defending DLC strategy are the biggest morons ever.
>>
File: niboshi captcha.png (427KB, 478x609px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
niboshi captcha.png
427KB, 478x609px
>>
>>133172131
>Having headcanons
>>>/tumblr/

>>133172269
>>>/v/
>>
>>133172269
Go back to /v/ with your sperging.
>>
File: the chocolate man.jpg (69KB, 550x550px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
the chocolate man.jpg
69KB, 550x550px
>>133172218
>it's not canon because I said so
>>
>>133172280
There is also a wheelchair captcha too.
>Pick all the heroes
>Pick all the cute imoutos
>Pick all the things onee-san shouldn't eat if she wants to lose weight.
>>
File: 1419350724472.png (411KB, 720x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419350724472.png
411KB, 720x720px
>>133172280
>>
>>133172258
Huh... I thought Zvezda did well when it aired though. I'm sorry I'm not caught up, that was the last season I watched new animu
>>
>>133172358
I thought Zvezda flopped
>>
>>133172269
Only you are trying to make this about DLC. I haven't said a single word for or against them.
>>
>>133172280
>europoor
>>
>>133172218
That's not what canon means, my ignorant little friend.
>>
File: 1432268664710.png (653KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1432268664710.png
653KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>133172392
I guess I just really liked it. kami-sama pls
>>
File: 1394304162637.jpg (251KB, 480x810px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1394304162637.jpg
251KB, 480x810px
>>133172358
>Zvezda did well
>>
File: CSu76jvUAAAp56K.jpg (70KB, 650x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CSu76jvUAAAp56K.jpg
70KB, 650x900px
>>
>>133172509
>After it
Most of it was before it, before the first episode even.
>>
>>133172509
It's not an apology, it's an epilogue, and more than anything it's a teaser for which direction the franchise will expand from now on. The only one even saying the end needs an apology is you. And you don't seem to understand that we're only telling you you're using the word "canon" the wrong way.
>>
>>133172509
>strawmanning and moving the goalpost this blatantly
You suck at this. You also need to learn what canon means.
>>
>>133172509
It doesn't change the fact that just because you say it's not canon doesn't mean you are right.
>>
>>133172662
Except they didn't change it, they only expanded on it.

You have no clue what you're talking about
>>
>>133172662
If you want to believe that's how it is fine, you're clearly impervious to arguments so just go be dumb somewhere else please.
>>
>>133172662
>like Rebellion
You keep making your trolling obvious. Why?
>>
File: 1427470379904.png (2MB, 2893x4092px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1427470379904.png
2MB, 2893x4092px
>>
>>133172745
You didn't even read it though.
>>
File: 1429139922061.jpg (856KB, 1088x1500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429139922061.jpg
856KB, 1088x1500px
>>
>>133137917
Because Madoka just omnipandered all the edgefags, DEEPfags and ARTfags. That's why it sold better. It only means that they had great marketing skills, nothing more.

YuYuYu was a better show and it doesn't need a better selling to prove it.
>>
>>133172745
The epilogue doesn't change or contradict the meaning of the ending in any way though. Try again.
>>
>>133172745
>anime: Shinju returns the sacrifices and suspends the hero system as the Vertex attacks have ceased for a while

>LN: Shinju returned the sacrifces because it came to believe in human potential, and when the Vertex do attack again it will enlist all of humanity to help.

Please enlighten me as to what exactly was changed
>>
File: CSu_0w3UEAAEXHD.jpg (645KB, 3424x3507px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CSu_0w3UEAAEXHD.jpg
645KB, 3424x3507px
>>
File: 1429179404079.jpg (90KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429179404079.jpg
90KB, 768x1024px
>>
File: 1433228850892.jpg (97KB, 600x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1433228850892.jpg
97KB, 600x600px
>>
File: 1297114345500.jpg (52KB, 337x404px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1297114345500.jpg
52KB, 337x404px
>>133172821
You keep trying so hard. Did Rebellion really make you that butthurt? What you're saying is borderline insanity.
>>
File: 1436671363806.jpg (1MB, 600x1694px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1436671363806.jpg
1MB, 600x1694px
>>
>>133172791
I feel like YuYuYu is just an extremely "Japanese" show; it has tons of WWII and Imperial Japan symbolism, it makes a small island in Japan the entire human world, all of the Shinto stuff, etc. There's a lot that Americans just wouldn't naturally understand.

Meanwhile Madoka has a lot of Western influence in theme, with all of its allusions to Faust and the European Witch names and stuff.

I don't think that this is the major reason why Madoka did much better than YuYuYu in America, but I think it is worth noting
>>
File: