[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of this series exactly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

File: 235236.jpg (95KB, 1801x833px) Image search: [Google]
235236.jpg
95KB, 1801x833px
The animation budget is pretty good and they bother animating these fights every ep, despite them all ending the same exact way.

I mean gag animes can be funny but after ep 5 the joke is already boring to me. We can just have a narrator holding up still images and get the same effect. "Strong guy destroys stuff, Saitama beats him easily and everyone looks shocked"
>>
Fuck your bait.
>>
(You)
>>
>>133120768
This show is for people who can't get enough like me.
>>
>>133120768
Here is your reply
Make your bait less obvious next time
>>
>>133120803

>implying it's bait

You give both him and mankind too much credit.
>>
>>133124554
But it is.
>>
The thing that makes this anime disappointing to me is its inability to carry the plain-design gag on.

Because Saitama is constantly drawn quite stylized, the contrast between stylized Saitama and extremely plain Saitama is hardly noticeable. The one time I genuinely laughed was the goofy walk after fighting Genos in the last episode, and that was more due to the Mickey Mouse quality of it.

I honestly think they should have put more effort into making Saitama look plain most of the time. Maybe even draw him in black and white to make his design look super lame and uninspired outside of the fight scenes.
>>
I don't know, what's the point of simpsons?
>>
>>133124554
your psot made me sad
it made me realize that there are people this stupid and it's pointless to try to make them see how dumb they are.
I don't believe in nihilism, but these things are truly dispairing
>>
See bait thread, people didnt fall nor "pretend"to fall for it, colour me surprised
>>
It's a gag manga that turned into a meme anime
>>
In the manga, the fights stop being jokes because it that one overstays its welcome. The other superheroes and their interactions with Saitama provide the humor.
>>
for fucks sakes stop bumping this thread
>>
>>133120803
>>133120815
>>133123674
>>133124554
>>133126526
Retarded meme anime fans butthurt with fair criticism. If you guys love your meme anime so much you could try Reddit, there nobody will hurt your feelings with different opinions.
>>
>>133126710

>same argument rehashed a thousand fucking times

We are telling you to fuck off because you've contributed absolutely nothing to discussion, and your first reaction is to cry like a little faggot and tell us to go to reddit.
>>
>>133126753

but you're not discussing anything
>>
When I'm watching the show I can't get over the fact that ONE can't fucking write comedy, the joke wasn't funny the first time and never will be.

>bad guy throws everything they have at Saitama
>Saitama isn't remotely scratched and stares at bad guy disinterested with his plain, dumb face
How fucking hilarious.
>>
>>133126938
Comedy is basically hit-and-miss. You probably just don't like this kind of comedy.

I hate OPM's comedy too. It's just fucking unfunny
>>
>>133120768
Tbh For you senpai
>>
>>133120768
Are you regarded? Point of every anime is to sell well and give profits to creators and this anime is doing it well.
>>
>one meme man
>>
Haven't seen it yet outside of that one scene with him in that competition or gym or whatever but this seensures like a valid question how is it bait?
>>
>>133120768
d-don't worry! there will be actual story arcs s-soon! i s-swere!
>>
>>133120768
TTGL
>>
Prison School has smut appeal, so I can understand how that garbage is popular, but what does One Punch Man have?
>>
Because it's shit. Just the same joke rehashed over and over again. It's no surprise that OPMFags are probably the single most cancerous fanbase on /a.
>>
>>133127049
>oint of every anime is to sell well and give profits to production committee and this anime is doing it well.
Fixed that for you.
>>
i don't get it. the fight animations have no sense of weight to them either, the webms that pop up about this show are intensely boring to watch
>>
>ITT: OPMfags assmad that people see their shitty One-Joke Man for what it is and just whine "b-bait"

You keks are pathetic. One-Gag Man is fucking unfunny boring repetitive garbage.
>>
>>133126938
that he can defeat the villain of the week with one punch was NEVER joke
yes, that one joke that trolls like to make fun of is actually not even a joke in this series.

Heck, how can anyone even think it is a joke, considering the punchline would be right in the title?
>>
>>133126710
The only thing Reddit-like here is your shitty attempt at trolling.
>>
File: 5.jpg (55KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
55KB, 555x555px
>>
>>133128986
Wow.
>>
>>133128947
>Criticizing anime is trolling

Maybe you One-Meme Manfags should stop being whiny babbies.
>>
>>133123674
>>133125474
>>133126526
>ITT the One Joke Man man self-defence force thinking that calling a post bait makes the claim any less true.

This is how absolutely retarded and pretentious they are.

Do you think that just because every wanpiss fag calls any post bait that says their manga is shit for being boring and repetitive that it somehow makes the claim untrue?

OPM being shit for having the same joke rehashed over and over again is a completely valid claim, it's just the fanbase thinks that they're special snowflakes that the they're suddenly exempt from the criticism.
>>
>>133129074
>>133129140
Seriously dog, this is painful. Trolling isn't for you.
>>
>>133129140

>same joke rehashed over and over

Except it doesn't.
>>
>>133129199
>any post that criticizes my favorite manga is trolling
Whatever you say "dog"
>>
>>133129140
>>same joke rehashed over and over again
Stop saying the same thing 20 times we get what youre trying to say. Its just that youre wrong. If youre seriously not trolling just fuck off and stop watching nobody here gives a shit about what you think
>>
>>133129233
Keep telling yourself that. All the wanpiss fags are still telling themselves that "no every arc is different Oda is a genius" and they're definitely not deluded right??
>>
File: 1442980816622.jpg (23KB, 480x394px) Image search: [Google]
1442980816622.jpg
23KB, 480x394px
>>133129648
>bases a series on 5 episodes
>expects it to be his usual generic pretentious shonen
>hasnt even read the manga
Kill yourself filthy tertiary i dont give a shit about your opinion
>>
>The animation budget is pretty good and they bother animating these fights
That's exactly the point of this show
>>
I mean, the point of the anime is just the animation. It looking amazing is its advertisement for the manga looking amazing.

Outside of that, it's a comedy. There's also some satire.
>>
It really feels more like a slice of life anime that just so happens to have an godlike powerful MC
>>
File: 1413341559032.jpg (67KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
1413341559032.jpg
67KB, 576x576px
>>133129825
Not him but the manga is boring as fuck.
>>
>>133130748
Fuck off secondary.
>>
>>133120768
It's a satire about superheroes. It covers popular topics in the comic community such as power levels, X vs. Y wank, and "hey guise r8 my donut OC".

You'd understand it better by visiting >>>/co/.
>>
Is a parody about heroes and all things related to heroes thats the actual thing about one punch man and the stupid crazy power of saitama reflects the fact how the main heroe/character in heroes movies/anime/cartoons always manage to save the day

So far the anime episodes will be showcasing the monster of the day mixed with a presentation of a new character of the overall anime/manga to setup everything for the Boros arc

Before boros we gonna see what i like to call "mini bosses" the big meteor and Sea king this enemys will add a bith of deep in the anime but no really that much

If you only like to watch animes/movies with big deep sotry and shit like that one punch man is not for you

And for the haters i gonna link this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI
>>
>>133120768
>What's the point of this series exactly?
To provide entertainment like every anime and cartoon

>they bother animating these fights every ep, despite them all ending the same exact way.
You could say that for DBZ,, also that is a stupid statement

>I mean gag animes can be funny but after ep 5 the joke is already boring to me
But it isn't

Just read the fucking manga kid
>>
One punch man is about a guy that punches people one time and they die, that is why he is called one punch man. There isn't more to it than that.
>>
>>133120768
i mean everyones mad that hes so strong and its a joke anime. but i love it. its giving me what i want. this is cut and dry what i like. everyone else sucks cock and then there is a broken main character who everyone underestimates.
>>
I don't have anything against OPM. In fact, I really like the series. The only problem for me is how it attracts all sorts of filthy crossborders from /co/.
If you lurk on OPM threads you'll clearly see how many newfags, crossborders, people who watched less than 50 anime and retards who don't understand the culture of the board are posting on them.
>>
File: 1374089753551.jpg (319KB, 806x605px) Image search: [Google]
1374089753551.jpg
319KB, 806x605px
>>133120768
>looking for Genos vs Saitama on youtube
>most are amv's, every single one is slow emo
>mfw
>>
>>133131278
Really? Damn it the edgy teens have already got their greasy hands on OPM.
>>
>>133131358
>tumblr
you're in no position to talk about greasy teenagers
>>
File: is that all.jpg (133KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
is that all.jpg
133KB, 600x848px
>>133131358
Every good show has his fanbase.

Just ignore them, and enjoy more OPM.
>>
>>133131358
>Tumblr
Also, Manime are always popular with teenagers. Why do you think that toonami was such a huge success in the west?
>>
>>133125543

Even though it doesn't have anything to do with the point the OP tried to make, I agree with this.

Saitama in his "plain mode" should have been drawn in ONE style instead of the more stylized Murata style.

Then the contrast would be higher and the scenes would have even more impact.
>>
>>133131442
That kid has good taste
>>
>>133131278
There was a non-amv version but it was blocked apparently
>>
>>133120768
I kinda agree. It's pretty overhyped.
>>
>>133131358
Fuck I forgot to change the filename

Now I cant talk shit
>>
>>133120768

The show isn't really about Saitama. It's about Genos. Saitama is just there as a joke character and plot device, he's literally power man.
>>
>>133131716
But Genos barely appears in the opening
>>
>>133131830
Anime fuked up
>>
>>133131951
>>133131716

Except Saitama is in the front of all the characters in most of the promotional material in the manga and manga.
>>
>>133132503
Manga and manga fuked up
>>
>>133133327
I meant the manga and webcomic. Sounds like it has more to do how you're interpreting the series rather than how the author wants the series to be interpreted.
>>
File: 1398124183977.jpg (14KB, 405x447px) Image search: [Google]
1398124183977.jpg
14KB, 405x447px
>>133131278
>search for the fight
>find like 3 normal versions of it, no AMV shit
>mfw your cookies reveal yourself as a fucking emo edgelord.
>>
>>133131716
Once again, satire. OPM is barely the MC in his own series. The real series focuses around everyone else, and when OPM shows up it's to make a mockery of everything.
>>
>>133129140
you obviously don't get the real intention of the series nor bothered trying to read the manga. fuck off you anime only faggot.
>>
>>133133903
this. It's a world building gag manga.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.