[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Princess Tutu - Does anyone know the major references for this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 64784684.jpg (86KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
64784684.jpg
86KB, 424x600px
Also, tfw when people avoided this anime because of the name and ballet.
>>
Anyone avoiding this because of the name is probably a huge newfag. Most of the best anime are shows for little girls.
>>
>>133116529
How am I suppose to convince my friends to watch it.
>>
>>133116615
>having friends
>>
>>133116387
They avoid it because Madoka haters are annoying with this show.
>>
>>133118139
I don't know about you but they do make good points and you act like madoka fans aren't annoying with the show.
>>
>>133116387
I watched it on a whim and I did not regret it. Thinking about the ending still really rises emotion in me.
>>
>>133118381
I'm thankful they didn't have flashbacks for Ahiru's human days after she turned back into a duck, otherwise I would've cried right on the spot
>>
File: 43509976_p0.png (626KB, 712x1014px) Image search: [Google]
43509976_p0.png
626KB, 712x1014px
>>133116615
You'll never be able to. The best way is probably that music video, but it has major spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZqxecCukg

This is one of those anime that I rewatch every now and then. It's so close to perfect, but I think it loses its way a little in the second half, even though all of the character arcs are perfect. The Mythos corruption stuff drags on just a little too long. Still, one of my all time favorites.
>>
>>133116387
You must be new.
>>
>>133116615
You don't. You just have to convince them to watch it as a joke, kinda like rifftrax. Poke fun at everything, make it seem like it's actually less about the anime and more about hanging out with bros. If they start to make less jokes and start to focus on it, then wind it down and let them watch. If not, continue on and cut your losses, knowing at the very least, you had fun with your friends.
>>
>>133116615
Make them watch this AMV, like how it was done back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZqxecCukg
>>
>>133118830
I loved the Mytho corruption part. I thought it was necessary for development.
>>
All glory to the duck.
>>
>>133119198
It's not that it's bad, but it really got repetitive and old fast.
>shows up
>muaahahhaha, I'm going to kidnap this random person because reasons
>oh no, it's tutu
>CUUUURSE YOU TUTU
And that happened like four or five times.

Something I was disappointed is in the beginning of the second arc, where Rue tells Fakir that events are happening without Duck knowing about it, behind her back. I thought large amount of story would happen without Duck knowing about it, but the audience would witness it, and then having the climax thrown at her completely unprepared. But that never happened.
The ending still makes up for the slow second arc.
>>
>>133119112
Yep, that amv is what got me into watching it but I wasn't really expecting that much from it. I didn't think I would like ballet and the fact that it is a shoujo made me unsure but oh boy, did watching it prove me soo wrong.
>>
Avoiding it because of ballet it a perfectly valid reason. Ballet is fucking stupid.
>>
"References"? You mean influences? It definitely was influenced by Utena.
>>
>>133120129
How?
>>
File: Treize_13.jpg (71KB, 467x640px) Image search: [Google]
Treize_13.jpg
71KB, 467x640px
>>133120129
>Ballet is fucking stupid
>>
File: 1145351109268.jpg (20KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1145351109268.jpg
20KB, 512x384px
>>133116387

>Princess Tutu - Does anyone know the major references for this show?
I don't know. Maybe al lthe Ballet and Opera music used in the show? Just a hunch.

>>133116615

>How am I suppose to convince my friends to watch it.
If they are too afraid to watch a mahou shoujo because it would upset their delicate male egos, get new friends.

>>133120129

By your logic, I should have skipped Hajime no Ippo because boxing is boring. Or GTO because its about a school teacher. Or CardCaptor Sakura because its about a girl who captures cards.

Anime is good because it takes concepts that would be absurd or boring in live action and makes them plausible and interesting. Princess Tutu and the mahou shoujo genre as a whole being one of the best examples of that.
>>
File: ptutu_09.jpg (25KB, 450x341px) Image search: [Google]
ptutu_09.jpg
25KB, 450x341px
>>133120183

>Princess Tutu
>influenced by Utena

More like Utena was influenced by Sailor Moon. And the guy who mentored the director of Utena went on to make Princess Tutu.
>>
>>133120183

>a mahou shoujo is dark and features dancing
>it totally ripped off Utena!

Fucking end yourself.
>>
I miss the character designer behind this. He also did magic users club which has great designs.

Think the last series he led was a vice versa style series that flopped hard.
>>
>>133116387
>Does anyone know the major references for this show?
Eh I got a few of them since my grandma was a ballet teacher but mostly just simple small stuff like how Drosselmeyer was a major character in the Nutcracker who brought various toys to life
>>
>>133120183
Ikuhara and Junichi Sato both worked on Sailor Moon together
If anything Ikuhara learned from Sato what he ended up doing with Utena
>>
YONDE
>>
File: 1285905478181.jpg (94KB, 550x778px) Image search: [Google]
1285905478181.jpg
94KB, 550x778px
>>133124367

aaaAAAHHHHHhhhh! Sou nanda... [duck noises intensify]
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.