[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there an anime /a/ can universally agree is good? Or at least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: waa.jpg (394KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
waa.jpg
394KB, 750x1000px
Is there an anime /a/ can universally agree is good? Or at least by majority say that it has its merits?
Closest thing I can think of is Casshern Sins
I rarely see anyone say it's shit and more often people have positive opinions of the show.
>>
KILL CASSHHHEERRNN
>>
I've seen quite a few people on /a/ call Casshern Sins shit, although I love it myself.

I'd say Utena and Texhnolyze are universally agreed to be good on /a/.
>>
Does anyone hate Kaiji
>>
File: 1357160431180.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1357160431180.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
Oh look, an Aria thread.
>>
It's shit.
No, Im serious.
>>
File: 1419024515305.jpg (469KB, 888x1156px) Image search: [Google]
1419024515305.jpg
469KB, 888x1156px
>>124745866
Why? I thought it had great animation, timeless OST, meaningful episodes
>>
It's a pretty strange show. Some really good moments mixed with empty episodes full of nothing but meaningless and boring angst.
They've also started recycling animations near the end. I remember at least 3 moments when Casshern was stabbed by 3 robots simultaneously with identical animation.

Kaiba went out in the same year and overshadowed it really hard.
>>
Ping pong thread
>>
>>124745836
This
>>
Show me a person who dislikes Hyougemono.
>>
>>124745838

literally nothing ever happens for 3 seasons the anime
>>
>>124745982
Kaiba had only 6 good episodes, which were all from the first half. The second half was mediocre at best.

Casshern still had a ton of episodes that stood firm on their own, and helped developed Cassherns character too. Both of them had phenomenal direction but I liked Casshern's art design better.
>>
>Akira Ishida plays two characters
>both die
I can't take this anymore.
>>
>>124745677
>can /a/ agree
no
>>
>>124746295
That painter episode was based as hell. The song at the end created the best atmosphere.
>>
>>124746275
Even in second half Kaiba had incredible moments like that chip flying down in lava by accident. Casshern was nowhere near this level of emotional impact on any point of the show.
>>
Gintama, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Aria, Steins;Gate, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Mushishi, Hajime no Ippo, Monster, Tatami Galaxy, Baccano, Usagi Drop
>>
>>124746522
Wat no
>>
>>124746522
At least half of those are unironically shit.
>>
>>124746522
>Gintama
unfunny shit

>Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
shonen shit

>Aria
boring shit

>Steins;Gate
meme shit

>Legend of the Galactic Heroes
space shit

>Mushishi

pretentious shit

>Hajime no Ippo
fujoshit

>Monster

more boring shit

>Tatami Galaxy

pretentious DEEPshit

>Baccano

edgy shit

>Usagi Drop

pedo shit

proven wrong, also get some fucking taste m8.
>>
>>124746408
>that chip flying down in lava by accident

Ok fuck I remember how hard that triggered my autism so I'll give you that.

I teared a number of times during Casshern Sins, there were so many well done episodes. I have to say Kaiba hit me really hard during the first half though.

>>124746522
You have no idea what you're saying.
>>
>>124746522
You're a fucking idiot if you think everybody here has the same opinions about each of those shows
>>
>>124746662
utterly ebin
>>
>>124746395
I enjoy how conservatively music is used in the series. The only blunder so far is in episode 11 when the same heroic song plays immediately before and after the commercial break.
>>
does redline count?
>>
>>124745677
>Is there an anime /a/ can universally agree is good?
Rec threads are forbidden, Anon
>>
>>124746659
>>124746694

We're not talking about masterpieces here. Just "good". like a 7/10, around that area. If you want to talk about anime that are generally agreed to be "good" then you gotta go with entry level shows because at least everyone has seen those.
>>
>>124746662
>also get some fucking taste m8

>implying those were my favorite anime or something
>>
>>124746275
The second half of Kaiba was great and tied it wonderfully both plot-wise and thematically.
>>
>>124745982
Why did Madhouse decide to being two fairly similar anime the same year?
>>
>>124746522
>Trying this hard to fit in.
>>
>>124745677
I can't remember ever seeing a post describing Mononoke as bad.
>>
>>124747189
But that's the polar opposite of trying to fit.
>>
>>124747113
thematically maybe but the ending was done poorly, things especially fell apart in the last 2 episodes.
>>
>>124746522
The only complaints I see with any of those are "Usagi Drop" (just for the association with the manga and what happens after the timeskip). I don't even know what Tatami Galaxy is. And as OP said, I have never seen anyone say they hated Casshern Sins.
>>
>>124747277
>I don't even know what Tatami Galaxy is
If you're a person around their 20s then chances are you'll at least enjoy some of it.
>>
>>124747268
Elaborate, I think it was great.
>>
Seirei no Moribito maybe, then again, the threads for it are non-existent,
runner ups maybe like Shigurui idk
its hard to say when the board is full /a/nons that throw around buzzwords and cant into the wiki

And ofc Ghibli productions

nice rec thread btw :^)
>>
Haibane Renmei is basically the one show I've never seen anyone who wasn't an obvious shitposter say they actually disliked. Maybe SZS.
>>
>>124747588
I'll be frank and say I can't remember why but I do remember my opinion about it being strong. One thing I do remember is how they got the "happy" ending too easily.
>>
>>124745836
This, never seen anyone talk shit about kaiji
>>
>>124745677
As a collective, /a/ hates anime. But every individual that visits /a/ likes some anime, but doesn't want to blurt it out as "collective /a/" will say its shit.
>>
File: 1386118018777.jpg (68KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1386118018777.jpg
68KB, 500x500px
Eva. People will argue about it's worth for literal eons to come, but I'm pretty sure most people would agree it has its merits.
>>
Only one I can think of that I've never personally seen anyone shit on is Zetsubou Sensei. Maybe Jinrui.

All my other examples have been shit on once or twice (Penguindrum, Uchouten Kozaku, Kyousou Giga, Ping Pong, Kino no Tabi)

I still don't know if everyone here just despises Bebop and F/Z legitimately or if this is just some next level memeing
>>
>>124747765
>the threads for it are non-existent
That's pretty much the problem with this since most shows that don't get a lot of hate flow under the radar and as a result not many people have watched. So saying stuff like Noein gets no hate on /a/ is misleading.
It's more interesting to point out the series that are very popular but get the least amount of hate despite their popularity. So something like GiTS would fit I think.
>>
>>124747793
shit tier ending
>>
>>124745677
Casshern Sins doesn't get shit on simply because literally no one ever talks about it.
>>
>>124748780
Yeah, it usually just boils down to preference, but among something more popular I'd agree that GiTS definitely fits the ticket

>>124747881
Second season is unreasonably dragged out, people talk shit on kaiji threads almost as much as GTO
>>
>>124748931
I see Casshern threads bi-weeklyish
Its at least talked about.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.