[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shokugeki no Soma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

Please tell me this doesn't turn into another one of those cheesy "protag starts off at virtually #11 and goes on lengthy battle arcs against each of the top 10 where he barely overcomes the odds each time to everyone's surprise, turning them into his allies afterwards and learns valuable life lessons and discovers himself along the way, all while wooing the main heroine with his impressive skills and growth despite leaving her talent level in the dust ages ago" kind of series, please?

I wanted to like this so much, it seemed humorous and quirky without going overboard.
>>
File: cookingmanga.png (9KB, 185x35px) Image search: [Google]
cookingmanga.png
9KB, 185x35px
read the manga you tremendous faggot
>>
Why don't you find out for yourself and read the manga.
>>
It doesnt
>>
>>124701120
waste of op's time, shokugeki is fucking shit.
>>
>>124701096
the manga just finished the rookie(freshman) tournament and he got tied for third

although yes, there will probably shounen/harem elements like what you said eventually
>>
>>124701120
>>124701131
I have too many hobbies and interests as it is to start picking up manga now.
>>
>>124701178
there's already signs of a harem if anything

>childhood friend he sees once in a blue moon
>Meat first to show interest at Tootsuki
>Megumi eventually gets feelings for him

I imagine he'll get closer to Erina, since it's pretty obvious he's going to end up with her.
>>
>>124701397
is there no such thing as a harem that isn't shounenshit? I don't mind being so amazing that girls want him, especially since he's not a generic beta talentless self-insert bait protag, but I would rather do without all the other stereotypes that come with the territory of being too overly shounen-ized.
>>
>>124701575
>I would rather do without all the other stereotypes that come with the territory of being too overly shounen-ized.

Which stereotypes do you mean? Given the magazine, the audience, the characters' personalities, etc., certain stereotypes are inevitable.
>>
>>124701812
To some point I can tolerate it, I just it doesn't become so over-the-top with cliches that it becomes unwatchable. It's not like I expected realistic cooking world to begin with, but if they go the wrong way with it, the cooking could become so marginalized that you could plug in just about anything else as a theme and nobody would notice. Kind of like how KnB is less about basketball and more about power levels and a ridiculous plot based on inhumane abilities. yawn.
>>
File: wrong hole.png (1MB, 1052x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wrong hole.png
1MB, 1052x1080px
>>
File: CDvRpe0UsAAkbEP.jpg (123KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CDvRpe0UsAAkbEP.jpg
123KB, 768x1024px
can't wait for breast girl
>>
>>124702165
what the fuck do you call this kind of face i've seen it before and it's fucking adorable
>>
>>124702326
A beaver
>>
>>124702487
I was going to say chipmunk
>>
>>124702487
>>124702549
fuck I guess that means I'm latently into beastiality then

oh well she's already halfway to being a game animal herself right?
>>
>>124701325
Look at this fucking secondary.
>>
>>124702093
People don't have cooking laser beams or anything like that. Some people's talents are somewhat of a stretch, like a guy who can mimic his target's cooking perfectly, or another guy whose sense of smell basically allows him to cook blind. Otherwise, the skills are rather grounded in reality. (Whether or not high school freshmen are actually capable of these things is for you to think about)
Souma seems pretty flawless at first, but the truly tough challenges are starting soon.
>>
I tried making the Mackerel Hamburger today. Shit was pretty good.
>>
>>124701096
Not one thing in your post happens. Not a single thing.

The 7th seat is also a huge bait and switch who turns out to be the number one anti-villain and biggest bro in the cast.

But you'd know that if you just read the manga.
>>
File: cronge.gif (591KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
cronge.gif
591KB, 480x270px
>>124704046
Doesn't look as appealing as I thought it would.
>>
>>124704359
I'm not exactly a chef. The hardest thing i usually cook is fried eggs.
>>
>>124704046
Everything looks absolutely disgusting, even the plate looks like shit.
>>
>>124704359
someone in a previous thread also made it.

>>124619363
>>
>>124704046
>those paper plates
get out of my house
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.