[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about the anti-American patriotism that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

File: pathetic xenos.jpg (59KB, 813x612px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic xenos.jpg
59KB, 813x612px
What do you guys think about the anti-American patriotism that was present in every sci-fi show about alien invaders made in the last century?
>>
>>124570423
Define anti-American patriotism
>mfw you probably talking about Imperialism
>mfw I have no face

All in all I don't care. As long as the story holds and the propaganda does not become annoying I am well up for it.
>>
>>124570423

Every?
>>
>>124570423
ΠΛΑΝΗΤΕΣ didn't seem to have any at all
>>
>>124570538
No, Japanese patriotism based on anti-Americanism.
>>
>>124570953
Do you have an example?
>>
>>124571015
Any show with alien invaders. Often they even use nuclear bombs, like the Gamilus.
>>
>>124571064
Where is the anti-americanism?
>>
>>124570953
Not OP, but Zipang is pretty anti American,but that is like the only sci-fi I can think of, and it does not really contain any aliens :/

What are on about OP?
>>
>>124571135
It's all metaphorical you see.
>>
>>124571064
>Any show with alien invaders.
So like this anon said >>124570538 you're talking about imperialism.
>Often they even use nuclear bombs, like the Gamilus.
It depends on the work. Even Barefoot Gen portrayed sympathetic Americans while also being about the horrors of Nuclear war.
>>
>>124571122
Are you so naiive to think that the aliens are just aliens?
>>
>>124571064
But the Gamillas are clearly inspired by Nazi Germany, at least visually.

Their motives don't really line up with any modern super power (planet destruction soon, need new land).
>>
>>124571135
Where was Zipang anti-american?
>>
>>124571064
Do you consider their anti war culture as an anti-American propaganda?

OP I am really confused. The Japanese have been struggling for years with the after effects of the atomic bombs. Yet again they constantly recognise and actually admire Amercans and the american culture. Japan is the other country that plays baseball and trust me when I say it's pretty big there.
>>
OP I can think of at least one Sci-Fi anime that definitely takes the piss out of America. But it doesn't fit your guide lines at all. Honestly you're being such a dumbass that I won't even mention it.
>>
>>124571258
No, you are right. That anime is not even anti-American. More like it just supports the Japanese Imperialism.

>Not a mention about their atrocities in Nanking
>>
I think this thread is full of Americans who are being really oblivious.
>>
>>124571640
>mfw I'm greek
>mfw I was raised in the UK
>mfw I have money
>>
Could just as easily be anti-china and korea
>>
>>124571726
pls pay denbts
>>
>>124571318
There are several Caribbean countries that are REALLY into baseball as well.
>>
>>124571135
>:/
Out.
>>
>>124570423
I think its just Japan being butthurt they lost the war and took two nukes to the face.
>>
>>124571213

I dont want aliens on my land. Its easy to see how aliens wouldn't want me on their planet.
>>
>>124570423
>in the last century
Anon, can you name me one sci-fi show about alien invaders NOT made in the last century?
>>
>>124571910
There's nothing in the Caribbean but protectorates and non-countries.
>>
>>124572169
Cuba has a population of over 10 million.

Maybe you should think before posting retarded shit?
>>
>>124572317
Oh shit, it's got the population of a large city? Well clearly it's relevant then.
>>
>>124572470
yes the country with a population larger than Greece is relevant. Got anything else retarded to say?
>>
>>124571015
Akira (Manga)
>>
>>124572534
First thing in the thread that actually fits the description.
But OP is too busy going on about 'alien invaders' being a metaphor for Americans.
>>
>>124572470
You realize how irrelevant your country would be based on population compared to China?
>>
>>124572515
>we have a larger population than a small country in Europe who's only relevant as a debt ridden burden to the EU so we are relevant
>>
>>124572515
Also Finland, Switzerland, Portugal, Sweden, Norway... HOLLY SHIT THE LIST GOES ON!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_population
>>
>>124572722
The nordics are a byword for irrelevance you moron. (Even though they have a high GDP per capita going for them to make up for their pitiful population.)
>>
>>124572617
It's funny that he would say that's anti american when the level of destruction to claim new land is more on par with imperial Japan.
>>
>>124572801
>irrelevance

Seems like a shitty attempt to weasel your way out of saying anything vaguely meaningful.
>>
>>124572801
>Arguing about the nordics
>Not recognising their true superiority
>Thinking that population matters

It's all about the moneyz and who controls ir nigga

You still don't make a point
>>
>>124572894
>yes the country with a population larger than Greece is relevant
>is relevant
Yes, using the word 'irrelevance' to dispute whether a country is relevant or not is just trying to weasel my way out of saying anything rather than directly contradicting the point.
>>
Well Angel Cop is full of anti-Jewism
>>
>>124572993
You started with the whole argument over "relevant" or not. Which is meaningless, you don't even qualify what you fucking meany by being "relevant". Relevant to your day to day life? Relevant to this discussion? Relevant to how much angus stool you ate today?
>>
>>124572062

Y'know, I just realized War of the Worlds is now 118 years old.

Not that it's related to anime or anything directly.
>>
>>124572982
Do you think that Cuba does well on 'moneyz'? it was the 'Caribbean has relevant countries because Cuba has a modest population' guy who even brought up population. Regardless Sweden, you are still irrelevant.
>>
File: 1410506137895.png (3MB, 1024x2157px) Image search: [Google]
1410506137895.png
3MB, 1024x2157px
The blatant anti-America shit that seems to plague a lot of older anime really puts me off. It's just kind of annoying and it ruins the fun I would have with some shows. Like damn, it's one thing to have pride for you country, but why actively shit on others?

I know why, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
>>
>>124574461
But Cpt. America there has a point.
>>
>>124574703
Yes, and that's why I posted it.
>>
>>124574461
I'm glad takeru was just as confused as I was during that scene.
>>
>>124574461
> Like damn, it's one thing to have pride for you country, but why actively shit on others?
>An american wrote this
The irony is too fucking big, so i'm guessing this is bait
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1IVT3a3AAc
>>
Old Japanese sci-fi really represents the worst in American imperialism: militaristic dictatorships, Hitler look-alikes, German uniforms,...
Blasted japs.
>>
>>124574981
typical retarded yuropoor. Go on fucking /int/ or even /pol/ and look at the flags.

yuros are super salty and constantly shit on the U.S while I see a bunch of americucks going "yea we suck XD lol."

Happens all the time with the exception of the U.K as of late but the U.K was the worst back in 08.
>>
>>124574461
>The blatant anti-America shit that seems to plague a lot of older anime
Nobody is actually posting any examples of older anime that does this
>>
>>124580767
Because its bullshit
>>
>>124580767
NGE
>>
>>124570423
Matsumoto has some weird politics.

He obv loves imperial japan, and in that way is mildly fascistic. However his work is also full of 70's jap communism about world peace.

When i rewatched Yamato last year i kept wondering, are the Gamilus supposed to be the Americans? Well, no, not really. They're Hitler+Germany.

So Yamato takes the instruments and spirit of Imperial Japan and turns it to fight its true historical ally, Nazi Germany.

In other words he's trying to alleviate the guilt that Japan fought on the "wrong" side of WWII. Trying to have his cake and eat it too.
>>
>>124580669
I'm from /sp/ and everyone shits on everyone.
>>
Modern America is pretty shit, though.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.