[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you get your DATABASE DATABASE today? Also, LN thread, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (103KB, 640x587px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 640x587px
Did you get your DATABASE DATABASE today?

Also, LN thread, I guess.

I hope the second book I got is at least a funny one, considering the long and convoluted title
>>
>buying Dungeon
At least you didn't do something stupid like buying the SAO novels
>>
>>124362655
danmachi is trash compared to SAO though
>>
>>124362377
>LN Thread
You're literally reading shitty translations for books targeted at 14 year old Japanese kids.
How can you justify this? At least Anime has moving pictures and sounds.
>>
>>124362767
anime is for children. The only difference here is
you're probably watching the anime for free
>>
>>124362377

Danmachi is an "okay" book. Its a cheap read if you want to enjoy your sunny afternoon.
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 847x610px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 847x610px
These are the only other books I have. I used to have the first 2 Haruhi light novels until I realized how much of a cunt she is, but all I have now are The Little Prince and Gone Girl somewhere but I'm too much of a lazy fuck to find it
>>
>>124363289
>Miyuki Miyabe
8/10, minus 2 points for the adventures of Amazing Amy
>>
>>124362767
>You're literally reading shitty translations
But Japanese can't be a translation of Japanese. That makes no sense.
>>
>>124362767
So LNs in Japan are the same as generic as fuck YA novels in America ?

Okay.
>>
Whatever happened to mamare's tax problem?
>>
>>124364198
He already resolved it before they reported the news
>>
I don't mind getting spoiled what happens beyond the translations at Counter Stop.

Like is there anyone else OP like Ryua or does she find that one demon that killed her village or any info about people finding the Caves of Hell.

By the way, what's up with the signs captcha nowadays?
>>
Hopefully my copy arrives tomorrow.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
>>124362377
I bought it, but it will take some time until gets here in the hueland, also not like I haven't read all those already anyway.
>>
>>124364260
Ah, alright.

I'm pretty happy to hear that, then.
>>
>buying "trapped in a videogame"-novels
>supporting the most derivative fad to ever plague LNs
People like you are the reason we'll never get an Owari no Chronicle anime.
>>
Where can I buy them?
>>
I just hope yen press wont get fafnir. Based translator back translating volume 6 after being gone for few days.
>>
>>124362377
>supporting Jew press
May as well "donate" to a certain Taiwanese kike translator that needs to buy the books when he translates from the web novel
>>
Why do all LNs and WNs inevitably turn into haremshit? Every single time, it starts out with a decent story and then derails into pathetic wank fuel. Re:Monster being a good example.
>>
File: 01_0001.jpg (702KB, 1450x2048px) Image search: [Google]
01_0001.jpg
702KB, 1450x2048px
>>124367324
>Why do all LNs and WNs inevitably turn into haremshit
It's been a while since I've seen an LN that didn't already have hints of if not already have a harem in the first novel.
Re:Monster was quite clearly going to be a harem from the start too, if you didn't gather from his friend stabbing him over being with a coworker.

The only story I can think of that didn't have harem elements at the start and turns into one is Re: Zero Kara Hajimaru Isekai Sekatsu. And even then it doesn't even feel like a harem because the protagonist is so set on Emilia it doesn't matter.
>>
I got log vol 1, dungeon vol 2, sword art vol 4, and devil is a part timer vol 1. all today.

on that note who was the douchbag that set four light novels on the same release day. what the fuck were they thinking.
>>
>>124368934
In Japan, most publishers put out numerous novels on the same day of every month.
>>
Wait, DanMachi LN got an English release in time/before the anime aired? Huh. The times sure have changed.
>>
>>124362700
what
>>
>>124364260
>He already resolved it before they reported the news

Oh. Good. I was actually worried over nothing then. Fucking Fox news. or whatever the Niponese equivalent is

How's the quality of the YP translation
>>
so how often are these gonna get released?
>>
File: 今の読み物.jpg (441KB, 1173x928px) Image search: [Google]
今の読み物.jpg
441KB, 1173x928px
What I'm currently reading. If someone out there wants to read something with some slight edo vocabulary tendencies I can recommend the second one. You'll probably fish out a decent amount of slightly uncommon words.

If you want dumb fun with a rather erotic heroine (and an overpowered but unfortunately shilly-shally mc) read the first.
>>
>>124365061
Google around for japanese bookstores/mini-malls in your area. Or just amazon.
>>
>>124369201
It got picked up a year ago, I believe, so one would hope.
>>
>>124362377

I wasn't that fond of either seasons of LH, but since people have praised he LN, I decided to give it a try.
>>
>>124368934
>on that note who was the douchbag that set four light novels on the same release day. what the fuck were they thinking.

I guess they assumed no one could possibly be weeaboo enough to want to buy all that shit
>>
>>124368918
>if you didn't gather from his friend stabbing him over being with a coworker
Don't even try to act like this in any way indicates incoming haremshit. That was a throwaway explanation of how he died so that they could get to the reincarnation part.

The actual story got off to a great, serious start and then took a left turn into wank town for no good reason and you know it.
>>
File: LightNovel.jpg (162KB, 990x803px) Image search: [Google]
LightNovel.jpg
162KB, 990x803px
>>124364024
Most LNs are fan fiction-tier quality. Then again, they pretty much put everything under LN for some reason.
>>
>>124371029
The wank town in Re:Monster is the neverending power levels.
The harem happens in the first volume when the four adventurer ladies get rescued. It's not a sudden development out of nowhere halfway through the series like you're making it seem.
>>
>Reading a LN where the sole charm of the series, which is oppai loli, is barely visualised comparing to other medium
>>
>Choosing some of the worst possible LNs
>>
>>124365017
Suck on it, Kawakamifag.
>>
Isn't NGNL vol 1 released as well? Anybody able to confirm if they kept the illustrations without any censoring?
>>
>>124362767
>>124364024
Exactly.

Twilight is marketed as an LN in Japan. That pretty much says everything about it as a literary medium.
>>
>>124365017
Hey, I like both series. Why don't you go market OnC, then?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.