[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>a light novel series is actually selling well in the US Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 8473787.png (45KB, 352x283px) Image search: [Google]
8473787.png
45KB, 352x283px
>a light novel series is actually selling well in the US
Is this going to be the new SAO?
>>
I guess the whole escape to an RPG world thing hasn't been overdone in the US yet.

I saw this at Barnes and nobles the other day. Why was it in the manga section? Light novels dont have nearly that many pictures.
>>
Someone make it stop.
>>
>>124322411
>Why was it in the manga section?
It's Japanese.
>>
Americans love oppai lolis, just not the creepy pedo kind.
>>
>>124322411
>trusting #1 best seller tag

Nah.
>>
>>124322538
It's in Sci-fi/Fantasy at my B&N, but that's literally right next to the manga anyway.
>>
Has anyone here bought the light novels for Danmachi? Are they any good?
>>
>>124322411
Do you want me to buy that?
>>
>>124322411
It 's been localized here even since before the anime was announced. It's really strange how such a random series like it got localized anyway. Someone must've been a fan or something.
The whole shitstorm of the anime and Hestia now has its popularity skyrocketing.
>>
I don't trust lns ever since the word vomit thar was vampire hunter d
>>
>>124323373

You don't have to buy it if you don't want but I'm thinking of getting a copy for myself since the anime won't cover all the material
>>
>>124323453
Maybe someone thought this style of fantasy would be popular here? Either way if this was some sort of gamble by the publisher, I bet it worked.
>>
>>124323453
it was fan translated for a while now. they saw how popular it was with the fan translations and got in early.
>>
Oh god now I'm tempted to pick up a bunch of series from Yen press thanks to the fact the anime for them never covered all the material and probablly never will at this rate like with Index
>>
>>124323521
What's wrong with the word vomit?
>>
>>124323453
>SAO is really popular
>LNs with a similar theme start getting localized
It's not that hard to figure out. You can bet if there were LNs about edgy teens fighting giants those would quickly get localized too.
>>
>>124323453
They were told about the anime before it was announced.
>>
>>124322411
>Is this going to be the new SAO?

Nah that'd be too difficult. The only reason to legitimately hate the show is if you don't like Hestia because it really isn't that awful. It is hard to ground shitting on the show because of a single character.
>>
>>124322411
Yes, fuck SAO, I hope it will get replaced, tired of that shit.
>>
>>124324333
It was painful to read. 9th grade level writing, and I'm talking American schools here. So I reckon I'm gunshy about translation flubs when the medium itself is being translated
>>
>Literally one string makes its popularity go through the roof
Alright then.
>>
>>124322538
>I saw this at Barnes and nobles the other day.

holy shit they still have brick&mortar stores???
>>
>>124322411
>#1 in japanese literature

Wow it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>124326434
>>I saw this at Barnes and nobles the other day.
>holy shit they still have brick&mortar stores???
As the last surviving chain with physical stores, they'll probably be around for a long time more, unless they're completely incompetent.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.